• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on May 08, 2015, 05:21:34 PM
Reported for not showing solidarity with Art.

The weekend hasn't started (for me) yet & I'm already in trouble.  It's going to be a good one. 

BellGabbers: nothing gets past Jaz.

serenity

How about GroomLake All Hallows Eve Story Time?

No?

Ok officially out of ideas

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Art Bell on May 08, 2015, 05:11:33 PM
Haha, I just read a review, really many reviews of the Sirius/XM streaming app and my goodness it has gone down hill, I have never seen worse reviews. That is why we parted company.

Art

Boy are you lucky you got the hell out of there. Smart move Mr. Bell.

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 08, 2015, 05:48:54 PM
The weekend hasn't started (for me) yet & I'm already in trouble.  It's going to be a good one. 

BellGabbers: nothing gets past Jaz.

:P

jazmunda

Quote from: Aussie Dave on May 08, 2015, 05:27:07 PM
I have a short wave radio somewhere in my shed. Would I be able to pick up the show in Australia?

I know I can listen on the web but there's just something about turning on a knob on a radio and boom Art Bell is talking to me. I'm partial to a bit of static too. I'm old school.

Sorry. Only one Aussie per Art Bell forum. This Art Bell is claimed. ;D

Gday and post often.

MAX

Quote from: Snydaleid on May 08, 2015, 07:55:14 AM
So is there any way that I can convert a SiriusXM Radio into a short wave radio?    :P
g. 

No

Old_Flash

Quote from: Zenman on May 08, 2015, 04:53:54 PM
Lol. I have a large fan I run at night in hot weather that I can hear voices coming from. Definitely human voices, no doubt about it. Haven't figured out what they're saying yet but they're saying something. I don't think you're schizophrenic at all, and neither do I.

A long time ago I was wiring my first 10-foot fiberglass satellite dish in my back yard. The dish was sitting on the ground and that would make it basically parallel with the ground. I  heard two women talking and understood what they were saying. I looked around and saw nobody.I kept hearing them and it gave me a creepy feeling. I finally turned and looked in the focal direction of the dish.I did finally see two ladies that were at least a quarter mile or further away. Geez,, I was relieved. It was as if they were right next to me. Later I noticed folks on the NFL games doing the same thing on the field with handheld dishes. So much for talking dishes.

ge30542

Quote from: The General on May 08, 2015, 03:42:43 PM
Apparently Art's getting inundated with requests from AM stations that want to carry the show.  Gee, wonder why.

HA! Art may have no choice in the matter, looks like his public are, (is?) speaking.
Fans  AND affiliates alike want AB back.

Old_Flash

Quote from: ge30542 on May 08, 2015, 05:55:48 PM
HA! Art may have no choice in the matter, looks like his public are, (is?) speaking.

Cha-Ching

ItsOver

Quote from: twiki on May 08, 2015, 05:47:32 PM
Good question. Will this work in the UK too. My gramps has a heap of old radio equipment. I'm positive he has a few shortwave radios amongst it. He be proud to know I was putting it to great use.
http://wtww.us/pages/listener.php

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on May 08, 2015, 05:55:48 PM

Good point! I'm sure there are loyal station owners out there!

coaster

I wonder what Art meant by this "we have some big company's doing all the can to place Land Mines in our way as well as complicated legal and technical hurtles to get over"
Is Dave and Co still giving him shit?

ge30542

Quote from: phrodo on May 08, 2015, 04:09:41 PM
Alvin Lee was in Ten Years After - not Canned Heat ...

"I'd love to change the world ... but I don't know what to do ... so I'm leaving it up to you."

Alvin Lee at Woodstock doin' "I'm Goin' Home" is THE best EVER film of ANY guitar performance.
If you haven't seen it, you must.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: FortRock on May 08, 2015, 05:24:35 PM
DIRECTORATE OF INTELLIGENCE, SCORPION ARMY

TO ALL OPERATIVES AND AGENTS, TIME TO ANNOUNCE PRE-VICTORY!
ART BELL CONTROLS ALL FREQUENCIES, ALL MEDIUMS, ALL DEVICES,
WE CONTROL THE COMMUNICATION OF BABIES, WE CONTROL SUPER-
MARKET LOUDSPEAKERS, WE CONTROL THE VERTICLE, WE CONTROL THE
HORIZONTAL, THE SHORT AND LONG WAVE, AND YES TWINKLETOES, WE
CONTROL YOUR SWIFT DESCENT TO NEITHERWORLDS WHERE NO ONE
KNOWS YOUR NAME! STATIONS ARE CALLING ART BELL IN UNPRECIDENTED
WAYS BEGGING TO BECOME PART OF THE EMPIRE OF THE DESERT OF THE
SEA FOR THE AIRING OF "MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT"! RADIO STATIONS THAT
ARE PART OF THE INTELLIGENCE NETWORK OF THE SCORPION ARMY, KEEP
CALLING KEITH. WE WILL BE ON CB RADIO, HAM RADIO, SCANNERS, BABY
MONITORS, AND CELL-PHONE DEVICES NOT EVEN INVENTED YET! WE OWN
THE TECHNOLOGY, AND IT'S MASTERS ART BELL AND KEITH ROWLAND ARE
IN CONTROL OF THE EMPIRE! IFYOU HAVE A TECHNOLOGICAL DEVICE THAT
YOU WANT IT TO CARRY ART'SSHOW, BUT YOU THINK IT CAN'T, CALL KEITH
IMMEDIATELY! WE WILL OWN THE POWERS OF THAT DEVICE! THE WORLD
WILL ADAPT TO THE WAYS OF THE SCORPION ARMY AND OUR BENEVOLANT
DICTATORSHIP UNDER FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL!!KEEP CALLING GENERAL
KEITH ROWLAND!

You may have good info ........... but, it's so fucking irritating trying to read it.  Quit shouting.

munbeam666

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2015, 05:27:53 PM
I am only starting, but finally I am tuning into the frequency emanating from FortRock!
Ft Rock is in his own space time dimension....

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2015, 05:27:53 PM
I am only starting, but finally I am tuning into the frequency emanating from FortRock!
The Fort Rock has become less WTFy and more vaguely loveable as of late, bordering on relevant. Your mom and I are proud of you son!

Juan

I am so excited about the shortwave.  I had planned to tune in online, then route the signal to a mixer, fire up the Moog, turn on the white noise generator, then apply an LFO to modulate the white noise amplitude and feed that into the mixer.  Shortwave is so much simpler.

Spinner

Quote from: jazmunda on May 08, 2015, 05:54:16 PM
Sorry. Only one Aussie per Art Bell forum. This Art Bell is claimed. ;D
Wait a sec.  I love you Jaz, but I also want options, so I can hear two different aussie voices in my head. ;)

RoseGirl

Quote from: serenity on May 08, 2015, 05:49:26 PM
How about GroomLake All Hallows Eve Story Time?

No?

Ok officially out of ideas

Halloween show should be called 'Dead at Midnight' or perhaps 'Dead in the Desert'. Or perhaps 'Midnight Spook-o-Rama" Or....lol.....Art's Orbs....k...just being silly now.

bateman

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 08, 2015, 06:35:19 PM
Halloween show should be called 'Dead at Midnight' or perhaps 'Dead in the Desert'. Or perhaps 'Midnight Spook-o-Rama" Or....lol.....Art's Orbs....k...just being silly now.

Excuse me, this has already been decided.

Quote from: MV on August 26, 2013, 07:52:37 PM
Goblins-n-Such with Arthur Bell

trust_no_one

Quote from: jazmunda on May 08, 2015, 04:57:04 PM
No logical debunking please! :P

I liked how you folks let that GabCast caller have enough rope...

No debunking, really ?

Yeah, I want to be part of a community that is so unsure of itself that no questions are allowed.

Aliens from Uranus answer my questions.   :o

paladin1991

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 08, 2015, 05:19:52 PM
I gave up when their Pink Floyd channel was unavailable during the day.  Have to draw the line somewhere.  The raw deal you got made Sirius dead to me.
They are the Fredo Corleone of Broadcasting.

https://youtu.be/2X9E9n6GHC8

chefist

Quote from: trust_no_one on May 08, 2015, 06:40:44 PM
I liked how you folks let that GabCast caller have enough rope...

No debunking, really ?

Yeah, I want to be part of a community that is so unsure of itself that no questions are allowed.

Aliens from Uranus answer my questions.   :o

It was refreshing not to hear, "I always believed that." or "Do you think it was Angels?"

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 08, 2015, 06:42:06 PM
They are the Fredo Corleone of Broadcasting.

https://youtu.be/2X9E9n6GHC8

LOL...actually the funniest part is Michael C. looking at Fredo...who would Michael be in BellGab?

RoseGirl

Ohhh.....Goblins and Such...I like that.

But how about 'Mid-fright in the Desert' or 'Desert of the Living Dead' or even 'Spook to Spook'.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: bateman on May 08, 2015, 06:37:01 PM

or how about 'scary stories at night'

Old_Flash

Quote from: bateman on May 08, 2015, 06:37:01 PM

Has it? I hope not.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: The General on May 08, 2015, 03:42:43 PM
Apparently Art's getting inundated with requests from AM stations that want to carry the show.  Gee, wonder why.

The first sound you here on Coast is Toast Am will be the sound of George and the entire crew shitting themselves as he opens the web browser to BellGab as he is opening the show.

spellerine

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 08, 2015, 06:48:32 PM
Ohhh.....Goblins and Such...I like that.

But how about 'Mid-fright in the Desert' or 'Desert of the Living Dead' or even 'Spook to Spook'.

I just thought of the exact same name and had to delete the comment after seeing your post!  (Mid-Fright In The Desert)   Good one!