• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ge30542

MV, I have a suggestion for a poll question at top of the page. How 'bout something like " I intend to buy a paid subscription to Midnight in the Desert", or words to that effect.
I would be curious to see how many people are planing to.
Just a thought.

paladin1991

Quote from: ge30542 on April 15, 2015, 08:04:09 PM
MV, I have a suggestion for a poll question at top of the page. How 'bout something like " I intend to buy a paid subscription to Midnight in the Desert", or words to that effect.
Just a thought.
I have thought that polls were done to death.  But this time, you just might be on to something

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ge30542 on April 15, 2015, 06:27:57 AM
I Goggled, " can I record with tune in pro", and got a page titled, "How do I use the Record Timer feature?",
which talks about scheduling recording, selecting recurring days / times of the week, etc.
Sounds like exactly what I need.  I work over nights, and wish to hear AB WITH music.
I could select "record" on my smartphone while at work, but using 4G, wouldn't that quickly burn my monthly 1 gig data plan?
Sounds like I'll be able to schedule recordings all week, at home over WiFi, while I'm away from home, by upgrading to Tune In Pro.

I didn't know that tune-in had a pro version that allowed live recording, thanks for the info.

In our household every 6 months or so, someone is replacing a perfectly good smart phone with a new and improved version. I use these old smart phones (without data plans) connected to home Wi-Fi to Blue tooth sound to media players.
Now they'll be able to auto record full music live broadcasts, Nice feature!
Yeah Yeah, I'll support Art too.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on April 15, 2015, 02:40:01 PM
yeah, i think there's something nice about a physical radio that just sits in one convenient location and simply works when you push a button while walking by.

I don't like fiddling with smart phones apps to listen to broadcasts. I've never used a Wi-Fi radio. I'll have to check them out.
Is it true they work as easy as an old am/fm radio?
Just push a button and you're listening to pre-set stations? 

Ewavegeek

Audacity has a billion more features than tunein pro(and Audacity is free...), but of course just pay the $5 for the pod casts. Looking forward to your return Art! 

WhiteCrow

Just a thought.

How about we go professional. Name names and how much they donated and prizes awarded too!
Falkie could run it... He know a lot about donations.

cosmotherobot

I subscribe to a live podcast called 'Funemployment Radio'  -  the way they do it is to have the downloadable podcast (sans music) that is free for anyone, but only subscribers can listen live.   A big part of the fun is the live chatroom interaction with the hosts and other listeners.   With the podcast already free - pirating isn't really an issue.

Like someone brought up - with a live show there is always a feeling that anything can happen - this will be especially true with MITD.                                                                                   

phrodo

Quote from: cosmotherobot on April 15, 2015, 09:45:30 PM
  A big part of the fun is the live chatroom interaction with the hosts and other listeners.   With the podcast already free - pirating isn't really an issue.

I'd be willing to wager that MV has already planned a live chat during Art's shows .... yuuup -- I know there was a "show thread" during the Dark Matter shows.. but a LIVE chat - with Art peeking in when possible - would be the cherry on the sundae.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 15, 2015, 09:06:43 PM
Is it true they work as easy as an old am/fm radio? 

i would expect that's got to be a part of their appeal.  if they're too complicated, you're better off using a phone.

laserjock

Is U7 down, guys?

nextgen.fm

i will pay extra for shortwave art!

;D

laserjock

Art, did you ask tunein to shut out the old pirate streams, ever since your announcement U7 and the other ones don't play in tunein.

aldousburbank

Quote from: phrodo on April 15, 2015, 10:01:11 PM
I'd be willing to wager that MV has already planned a live chat during Art's shows .... yuuup -- I know there was a "show thread" during the Dark Matter shows.. but a LIVE chat - with Art peeking in when possible - would be the cherry on the sundae.
It won't be on sundae, just monday thru friday.

Quote from: laserjock on April 15, 2015, 11:20:50 PM
Art, did you ask tunein to shut out the old pirate streams, ever since your announcement U7 and the other ones don't play in tunein.

Working fine for me.

raistlin

Quote from: Art Bell on April 15, 2015, 05:09:18 PM
Wow, I just saw a ad for HBO which is going to open its doors directly on the Internet. My goodness this is all coming down much faster then even I thought. I can only wonder what is going on in Board rooms in company's like IHateArt and the others out there that have collected Billions of Dollars in Radio stations, love to be a bug on that wall.

It is possible to cover more People with a Internet stream then 600 Stations can even think about. We are truly in the middle of a sea change and it is in favor of the content providers this time! The only thing they still have going for them is people's habits and those are about to change.

I am still puzzled why those who have gone to the Internet have not done so live, there is magic in live content, anyway to quote a CNN show "Somebody's gotta do it" and it might as well be me. Mark my words, there will be many to follow.

Art

Leo Laporte has been doing it right for years, every show he has is done live with a chat channel.  The only thing he don't do is take live callers. (though he does take live callers on his FM radio show)  All day long he has different internet shows that are live that can be streamed everywhere.  For those that aren't aware, he use to do the Screensavers and some other shows for TechTV when that was a thing years ago.  He actually has some similar interests as you Art, such as ham radio.  Some years ago he did a "brick twit house" where he got his fans to help him build a studio.  Each brick they bought got their name on it or something like that.

Anyways, point is this is why Leo's shows have been so popular...because they're live with interaction.  Notice the "watch live" button at the top of that page linked below.

http://twit.tv/show/this-week-in-tech/505

coaster

You ever been to Mizzou George?  I got so much kin down there.  Grew up in the hollar. bunch of dumb crazy rednecks. I'm down there once in a while. Its beautiful really. If you knew. I'll look out for ya. I hope I can buy you lunch...

coaster

Fuck davebots. I can dance and fx that dance floor SO quick...
Good luck Art. We cant wait until July. o0

Peg

Daggit

Quote from: Peg on April 16, 2015, 01:23:06 AM
U7 is Not working for me either.

It's working for me.

cosmic hobo

Long, long time lurker, first time poster.

The great news propelled met to finally sign up. You can add me to the list of subscribers and donors (if there is an option). I'm a long long time fan of Art's show.  I'm also a tasty Canadian. Eh.

Good luck Art.

onan

Quote from: cosmic hobo on April 16, 2015, 01:42:29 AM
Long, long time lurker, first time poster.

The great news propelled met to finally sign up. You can add me to the list of subscribers and donors (if there is an option). I'm a long long time fan of Art's show.  I'm also a tasty Canadian. Eh.

Good luck Art.

Do not donate to this forum, the guy who runs it owns half of Dubai.

Heather Wade

Quote from: onan on April 16, 2015, 01:45:41 AM
Do not donate to this forum, the guy who runs it owns half of Dubai.

A camper down by the lake, bags of skittles, and a Vanilla Coke too.  Well, last time I checked it was one Vanilla Coke, but he might have two by now.  It's insane.

coaster

there will be another speed bump. there always is.

Quote from: coaster on April 16, 2015, 02:12:56 AM
there will be another speed bump. there always is.

This is going to give me an ulcer.

phrodo

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 16, 2015, 02:00:46 AM
A camper down by the lake, bags of skittles, and a Vanilla Coke too.  Well, last time I checked it was one Vanilla Coke, but he might have two by now.  It's insane.

I would feel more comfortable if he wasn't always holding his (or somebody's close-by) genitals firmly in his grasp.... but as such .. it makes me slightly moist and non-erotically uncomfortable.... at least for a while... and I don't even like skittles (much) or vanilla Cock... errr. -- Coke...  much.

EDIT -- OK .  fuck the PMs .. I like pussy .. . .. just so y'all know and so you fags quit pm.ing me dammit .. dint know this place had so many queers here... fershitsake...  :o  Soooo .... Evidently some homos don't know humor when they read it....  :o 8) :o 8) :o

dan7800

Just a thought.

The other option should be "I want my signed photo with subscritption"

trust_no_one

Quote from: trust_no_one on April 11, 2015, 09:40:16 AM
Months ago many of us indicated that we'd be happy to pay $5 per month for "premium" content/a podcast/etc.

Maybe that's a good Poll, MV ?  Even unscientific it would be interesting to see how many would sign up for this.   :D

This poster had a great suggestion about a poll back on April 11th... ;)

dan7800

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 15, 2015, 09:13:37 PM
How about we go professional. Name names and how much they donated and prizes awarded too!
Falkie could run it... He know a lot about donations.

Can the live stream be blocked to Australia ?

ge30542

Quote from: trust_no_one on April 16, 2015, 04:46:39 AM
This poster had a great suggestion about a poll back on April 11th... ;)

I yield my poll request to the previous poll request. Remember, "I voted FOR the war, before I voted AGAINST it!"

Aussie Dave

Quote from: dan7800 on April 16, 2015, 04:52:30 AM
Can the live stream be blocked to Australia ?

Why would you do that?  >:(