• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: bound4bristol on March 06, 2015, 06:00:25 PM
so you too know the joy of the clueless 4am trans-atlantic phone call...

All too well.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: sydtron on March 06, 2015, 06:06:17 PM
Sorry. Forgot to say it was an ANIMATED style silloette of his home! In the style of Sixweektenures Avatar. 

No filming required. Just a good artist.

Gotcha....good ideas!

Heather Wade

Art, my humble thanks to you & Paul.   8)

sydtron

There was a KTLA news story from years ago on how popular Arts show had gotten. Has a nice nightime side shot of his property.  Even had some interior shots of Art doing his show.   Damn. I wish I could remember where I have seen that.  YOUTUBE maybe?  Help please?

FortRock

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION FROM THE CHIEF DIETICIAN OF THE SCORPION ARMY THAT LISTENING TO GEORGE NOORY HAS CAUSED SERIOUS
NUTRITIONAL PROBLEMS AMONGST THE TROOPS? HERE IS A SOOTHING LATE WINTER SOUP THAT IS PACKED WITH VITAMINS AND MINERALS FOR
THOSE WHO HAVE BOUGHT FAKE, MAIL ORDER TURMERIC FROM COAST TO COAST AM. HERE'S A RECIPE FOR CARROT - TURMERIC SOUP! OUR
TROOPS LOVE IT FOR LUNCH WITH GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbgbOz56YNg

lonevoice

Quote from: jazmunda on March 06, 2015, 05:09:01 PM
I've been shaking my bottle furiously for the past week. It's ready to pop.

sydtron

Quote from: FortRock on March 06, 2015, 06:11:07 PM
IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION FROM THE CHIEF DIETICIAN OF THE SCORPION ARMY THAT LISTENING TO GEORGE NOORY HAS CAUSED SERIOUS
NUTRITIONAL PROBLEMS AMONGST THE TROOPS? HERE IS A SOOTHING LATE WINTER SOUP THAT IS PACKED WITH VITAMINS AND MINERALS FOR
THOSE WHO HAVE BOUGHT FAKE, MAIL ORDER TURMERIC FROM COAST TO COAST AM. HERE'S A RECIPE FOR CARROT - TURMERIC SOUP! OUR
TROOPS LOVE IT FOR LUNCH WITH GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbgbOz56YNg

Anybody else read this in the voice of Radar from MASH? When he is on the camp P.A. system?

Producer-Paul

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 06, 2015, 11:25:51 AM
Another suggestion for an open line based on something I saw on reddit.

an open line for people that have seen strange things while working out at sea on ships/oil platforms etc.

Yes. +1

aldousburbank

Quote from: FortRock on March 06, 2015, 05:38:27 PM

NOT MUCH GREENRY THERE, BUT THERE'S LOTS OF GROUND TO PLAY KICK-BALL ON!
YOU BRING THE BALL DUDE
AND I'LL BRING THE GREENRY
THIS IS A HAIKU

qaddisin

Quote from: Art Bell on March 06, 2015, 01:14:33 PM
Beyond Coast, God, that is sooo tempting but I won't do it. Midnight in the Desert is most likely the winner. As for Crystal Gayle's song I will use it as a close forever but for a open I need energy and See Saw really does it for me. If I am not going to use the chase then I sure don't want to just use something that sounds like it. I don't copy.

Art

I think the beginning of the Door's L.A. Woman would be the perfect opening for the new show.

Cynnie

I wish art would defriend about a billion people on Facebook so I would get a shot at being his buddy

jerry

Quote from: sydtron on March 06, 2015, 06:13:28 PM

Anybody else read this in the voice of Radar from MASH? When he is on the camp P.A. system?

I hadn't, but now that you have suggested it, it sure fits :D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 06, 2015, 06:19:35 PM
YOU BRING THE BALL DUDE
AND I'LL BRING THE GREENRY
THIS IS A HAIKU

B+

PChirp

Quote from: qaddisin on March 06, 2015, 06:25:25 PM
I think the beginning of the Door's L.A. Woman would be the perfect opening for the new show.

Indeed. Yes, +1----I agree, that would be retro and awesome!   ;D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 06, 2015, 06:09:19 PM
Art, my humble thanks to you & Paul.   8)

Yeah... Thanks Art and all that humble stuff... when do I get my check?

Bleefy

Open line suggestion: Scary telephone stories.

I know it sounds stupid, but I found a thread on 4chan's paranormal board with this very topic late one night when I couldn't sleep. Overall, it was fairly unnerving.

Most of the posts were pretty good, but there was one guy who told a really screwed up story from whenever he worked at a suicide hotline in the late '90s. I don't remember all the details, but over the course of a year, some anonymous guy kept calling and threatening to kill him or something. Weird stuff started happening in the building. I wish I could remember how it ended because, true or not, it was genuine nightmare fuel.

SnapT

Quote from: sydtron on March 06, 2015, 06:09:55 PM
There was a KTLA news story from years ago on how popular Arts show had gotten. Has a nice nightime side shot of his property.  Even had some interior shots of Art doing his show.   Damn. I wish I could remember where I have seen that.  YOUTUBE maybe?  Help please?
Was Art ever on STRANGE UNIVERSE?  I used to like that show.  Here's a classic...

http://youtu.be/FmvJDafosx4

Heather Wade

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 06, 2015, 06:29:17 PM
Yeah... Thanks Art and all that humble stuff... when do I get my check?

Just wanted to thank them for including us.  I'm sure your check is in the mail, WhiteCrow.   ;)

PChirp

Art,

Still find myself listening to the clip on YouTube regarding the strange/bizarre open lines where you rate them from 1-10 and the toenail collecting/ant watching guy cracks me the hell up.  What a loon!  That bit is PRICELESS (if NOT GOLD)! Think we need an occasional detour into insanity.  Makes some killer radio and you're calm, probing questioning into the troubled mind is broadcast GOLD.  Miss those days and hope you'll have them back.

We LOVE you ART!

PChirp   ;D

Art Bell

Just spoke to Crystal Gayle and was lucky to be the first to tell her that Midnight in the Desert is the
name for the first show, she was really thrilled and asked to say some words on that first show.

Your votes counted.

Art

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 06, 2015, 06:41:05 PM

Aaaannnd... the biggest squee ever shall now ensue.   ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Danger!UFO

Perfect name for the new show!

Cynnie

Quote from: Art Bell on March 06, 2015, 06:42:55 PM
Just spoke to Crystal Gayle and was lucky to be the first to tell her that Midnight in the Desert is the
name for the first show, she was really thrilled and asked to say some words on that first show.

Your votes counted.

Art

SQUEEEEEE !!!!!

SnapT

Your votes counted.

Art

jazmunda

Your votes counted.

Art

You have to be quicker than that on BellGab. ;)

Heather Wade

Your votes counted.

Art

Good call requesting a poll.  It will be so cool to hear her on the air with you.  Very exciting & can't wait!!!

FortRock

A SCORPION ARMY PROPAGANDA MINISTRY SPECIAL BULLETIN

TO: ALL CITIZENS OF THE DESERT OF THE SEA

THIS IS THE VOICE OF FREEDOM AND POWER CRYSTAL GAYLE
OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM "MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT"!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmUpgvmFk4