• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Art Bell

So does this mean you don't want Fox radio West?

jazmunda

Quote from: Skunk Ape on March 03, 2015, 05:56:44 PM
Going to make the effort to actually listen live tonight. Usually just catch the podcast.

Hopefully Art can organize it so that we are simulcast on KNYE.

Art Bell

Gosh, there is so little rabid right wing Talk Radio, I could just jump right into that gaping hole!

cweb

Open lines are like http://zombo.com/. Anything is possible. The only limit... is YOURSELF!

Heather Wade

Ha haa, yeah.  The radio tortures me every morning with that endless vitriol. 

bateman

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 05:59:34 PM
Gosh, there is so little rabid right wing Talk Radio, I could just jump right into that gaping hole!

Arguably even worse than Coast these days is Red Eye Radio, which is two schmucks out of Dallas regurgitating Rush talking points in the most grating voices imaginable.

Late night radio needs you back in the saddle, Art.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: albrecht on March 03, 2015, 05:43:37 PM
:
Kathleen Keating (did the anti-Christ/Maitreya get her?!)

MadMan Markum: (where he is now? Future? Past? Electrocuted? Or in prison for stealing more transformers?

Keating died or went into cyber hiding mode?

Someone posted that he lived in same town as Mad Man, and he knows him or knows of him.
And he could contact him if anyone wanted him to.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 05:36:14 PM
Will not do Dr Reed again, no need BUT it was great entertainment and if something like it comes along I am sure I would do it. Like I said fun!

Art

agreed.  it was entertaining, and that's all i care about.

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on March 03, 2015, 06:08:38 PM
Arguably even worse than Coast these days is Red Eye Radio, which is two schmucks out of Dallas regurgitating Rush talking points in the most grating voices imaginable.

Late night radio needs you back in the saddle, Art.
+1. Night time radio is Mel's hole without you, Art.

MV/Liberace!

communist.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: DesertFox on March 03, 2015, 05:44:08 PM

Yeah I'd add Graham Hancock there too.

Ditto. He's a great guest.

Art_s Farts

Art,

When Keith started testing what was to become the Dark Matter stream, he was streaming a numbers channel station. I found it really strange yet interesting. Is a shortwave radio the only way to hear these broadcasts or are they not intended to be heard by the general public? I know next to nothing when it comes to ham or shortwave radios.

Used to listen to WABC in the morning when I woke up and without fail, every morning Curtis Sliwa of the red beret fame would take over the helm from you with some snide remark. And this coming from a man who was never seen without his hat. There could have been an alien underneath and frankly, I wouldn't have been surprised.

jerry

U7 is playing a 1995 Dreamland right now.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 03, 2015, 06:31:24 PM
What is this?

wind tower or some such new fangled energy making device.

albrecht

Quote from: Art_s Farts on March 03, 2015, 06:32:33 PM
Art,

When Keith started testing what was to become the Dark Matter stream, he was streaming a numbers channel station. I found it really strange yet interesting. Is a shortwave radio the only way to hear these broadcasts or are they not intended to be heard by the general public? I know next to nothng when it comes to ham or shortwave rados.
They are an interesting thing, every so often I catch what I presume is the Cuban one (because they read in Spanish.) Those Russian spies caught a few years ago apparently used them (recall the "hot" spy girl Anna Chapman?) More on numbers stations below:
http://www.irdial.com/conet.htm

sydtron

Like a pack of rabid Chpacabras. They come nashing their way unto afternoon talk. 

I think some politics is ok. Its my beleif that most Republicans goto bed before 9p.m.

ItsOver

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 03, 2015, 06:31:24 PM
What is this?

An Egyptian Intercontinental Ballistic Pyramid launch site?

wr250

Quote from: jerry on March 03, 2015, 06:36:13 PM
U7 is playing a 1995 Dreamland right now.
it think whitley streibler (sp?) has all the rights to dreamland shows.

jazmunda

Art, who came up with the KNYE slogan "Things that go Pahrump in the night"? It's one of my all time favorite slogans.

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on March 03, 2015, 06:41:59 PM
it think whitley streibler (sp?) has all the rights to dreamland shows.

Art's Dreamland shows too?

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 06:42:55 PM
Art's Dreamland shows too?
dunno, all i know is i NEVER hear them on SIT, which means premier probably doesnt own them.

Jocko Johnson

Part of the new Iranian space missile program.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Everything will be ok, in the words of that great wordsmith Rodgers

R E L A X

Art

It is great to have you back, sir.  Your voice and program brought/will bring a delightful sense of mystery and wonder to many a moonlit evening.  Don't know if it's been addressed already, but might we hear Ross and "Wanna take a ride?" again?

bateman

Quote from: wr250 on March 03, 2015, 06:45:04 PM
dunno, all i know is i NEVER hear them on SIT, which means premier probably doesnt own them.

Could just be that they're shorter - can't send affiliates a 3 hour show to fill a 4 hour timeslot.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on March 03, 2015, 07:07:42 PM
Could just be that they're shorter - can't send affiliates a 3 hour show to fill a 4 hour timeslot.

That would be my guess too.

jazmunda

The GabCast is live. Visit http://UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.  Call the show at 623-242-CAST.

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 05:31:15 PM
Ok, I think what we will do is a really good question and my only answer is whatever is fun and interesting. Will it be the same show, perhaps not. When I went to Sirius/XM I did retrench some Guests and it may have been a bad idea, I will not do that this time. As I have mentioned before unscreened open lines led to some of the wildest new topics that we did. Many of those have been done to death by Dave, I feel no need to talk Shadow People if you feel me.

Trying to rehash stuff is a mistake.

Art
This has to be the most exciting post I have read here.  Don't get me wrong- I enjoyed some of the paranormal stuff- but far too much of it was not my thing.  I would listen for the interview and usually not hoping to find answers (or even, necessarily, for the topic.)

I would hate to see you completely turn your back on it- but something fresh for a free man seems for fitting.  To have no restraints and not be doing commercial radio as such seems like you have a real opportunity to mix it up and do whatever interests you that day. 

I like the long format interview and a good host can make any topic interesting.  However, to only do what you are passionate about and what makes you happy (or even just makes you smile) will be something completely new and untried (as far as I know.)

I guess I was not as excited as others because while I wanted you back, I did not know if a show 100% dominated by aliens, monsters and bigfoot is really necessary.  However, I hope you throw the occasional one in for fun...

Suddenly I find myself really looking forward to the new show.

Quote from: Juan on March 03, 2015, 04:43:27 PM
Cancelled. SNoory's spelling is no better than his talking.

It's fine if the mail was intended for a Canadian, Brit, or Aussi  :).