• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

steelbot

Looks like I was sorta right using this site I just found -

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/networkinginternet/conceptual/streamingmediaguide/UsingHTTPLiveStreaming/UsingHTTPLiveStreaming.html

They discuss how the files are put into an MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS) so I was kinda right....but still it's beginning to look like another day of no sleep just to find out I'm not as smart as I wish I was =P

-Art Bell's Dark Matter - Live on SiriusXM channel 104 -
-Additional Live/Replays Re-transmission on -->> www.justin.tv/steelbot <<--

steelbot

Quote from: RJ on September 20, 2013, 12:25:42 PM
I have not read all the posts so maybe the following has been discussed.  Did it seem last night that RCH was trying to bait Art Bell by more than a few times bringing up "George".  RCH talked about winning the prize of hosting c2c for predicting that Obama would win the presidency and I think Art responded with "good luck with that".  Then the bumper music began after Art made his statement and if you listen closely RCH says over the music that "George is a honorable man".  Just wondering if anyone else heard it and what their impressions are?

Hard to tell what was going on - Did you HEAR when he said George just sent him a Text message?  - that part was funny too - either that or RCH was actually trying to butter up to Art again...Oh well - I'm done with Snooray!  Have been for quite some time now.

I have not read all the posts so maybe the following has been discussed.  Did it seem last night that RCH was trying to bait Art Bell by more than a few times bringing up "George".  RCH talked about winning the prize of hosting c2c for predicting that Obama would win the presidency and I think Art responded with "good luck with that".  Then the bumper music began after Art made his statement and if you listen closely RCH says over the music that "George is a honorable man".  Just wondering if anyone else heard it and what their impressions are?

My initial reaction was to get very annoyed that he's even been brought up on the air. In hindsight, I think that RCH was bringing him up so frequently because he doesn't want to "choose sides" and so he's putting it out there that he still associates with Noory.

The General

Art's return has been the closest thing to time travel I've ever experienced.
The 90's have returned.  9-11 never happened and I'm prepping for Y2K again.

steelbot

Guildnavigator - Check your private messages...

shell88

I heard the "George is an honorable man" bit and was under the impression Richard was mocking Noory and chuckling at his expense.  Of course Art and Richard are long time friends albeit Art gets fed up with his outrageous claims.  I think they were both laughing at Noory's hosting abilities. It's hard not to. Richard loves being outrageous, riding right along the edge of things, and I think he was doing so in this instance.   Art has full control over his show and if he didn't like any of it, he wouldn't have a problem saying "that's it. No more talking about that here." I think Noory has driven Richard nuts, and he just doesn't have that much respect for him as a host. Imagine putting up with Noory for ten years.  Richard may be crazy but he's not stupid. Doesn't surprise me in least that they made fun of him.

Quote from: jinwicked on September 20, 2013, 06:44:35 AM
So I spent about two days making this after hearing Midnight in the Desert Monday night.

I want to make some Art art (heh), but I haven't had the inspiration come to me yet.

Aww its beautiful! I like the little dwarf bigfoot the best and the listener's smile, of course.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jinwicked on September 20, 2013, 06:44:35 AM
So I spent about two days making this after hearing Midnight in the Desert Monday night.

I want to make some Art art (heh), but I haven't had the inspiration come to me yet.

Wow, it's adorable with all the paranormal creatures under the UFO & full moon.
I love it!!!!  Hopefully we'll see it at artbell.com soon!  I checked it this morning & it wouldn't load... wondering why.

*artbell.com loading up fine now... odd. 

popple

That is so cute, jinwicked!

Morgus

Has anyone managed to determine what format the Sirius Art Bell stream/archive uses?
Bitrate, mono vs stereo, bandwidth, etc?

Morgus

The schedule for the weekend replay shows are up at artbell.com now:
Replays
9/20 - Fri - Michio Kaku
9/21 - Sat - Jonathan Reed
9/22 - Sun - Richard C. Hoagland

SaucyRossy

Ok so we have some other uncofirmed (thought confirmed by the guest) guests that will be on with Art in the next few weeks

Monday Sep 23 - GIS (ghost investigation society)

Tuesday, October 1st - Sean David Morton (ugh first guess I am not looking forward to)

Thursday Octber 3rd - Linda Molton Howe! (Confirmed on her website)

And graham Hancock said on twitter awhile ago he'd be on with Art in November (my favorite guest)

Loved the "Tasty Canadians" line at the start. A nice shout out to Ian.

jazmunda

Quote from: guildnavigator on September 20, 2013, 11:06:53 AM
C2C are still running Art's shows on Sunday?! Lame. Even after Art repeatedly asked them to stop? No I won't be listening to any coast to coast programming. I probably have all of the shows that C2C uses for SIT anyways. I remember back when I had streamlink, I found a way to download every Art Bell SIT for the last three years, I grabbed them all and over the next few months I noticed that everything used for SIT was being repeated within that three year period. It doesn't seem like they put much thought into which episode they choose to replay. I will be listening to Dark Matter replays though.

This is not true.

The majority of the SIT shows are new classics not available in any of the torrentable (new word I'm patenting it) archives. Occasionally there will be a repeat or one that we already own from elsewhere but upwards of 95% are new including this weeks lost classic.

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 2/17/00 when dream and ghost experts, Katia Romanoff & Lauri Loewenberg talked about "dead spirits" and bizarre dreams.

I know it's lame that C2CAM keep playing SIT but it's importance to us collectors is immeasurable particularly because PremRad owns the back catalogue and we are never going to find them anywhere else and once they stop playing them they will be lost forever.

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 20, 2013, 03:44:55 PM

Tuesday, October 1st - Sean David Morton (ugh first guess I am not looking forward to)

Ditto. I can understand Art playing nice with Reed and letting him tell his "story" as the show is entertainment after all but this guy cannot be let off the hook as his actions have allegedly hurt people.

And to top it all off it's my birthday (yes I will accept presents but only in the form of classic Art shows). Luckily for me when the episode airs the date in Oz will be the 2nd and my bday will not be ruined. Of course I will be listening.

SaucyRossy

How hashe hurt people

I'd forgotten how much Art challenged and disagreed with Richard. This is great stuff!

sleeplessinca

Was the shout-out to the tasty Canadiens to Ian? 
Isn't he a Minnesotan? 
There's a big difference to this daughter of Manitoban immigrants...
I thought this had to do with the Canadiens having trouble hearing the show.

steelbot

Quote from: Morgus on September 20, 2013, 03:34:43 PM
Has anyone managed to determine what format the Sirius Art Bell stream/archive uses?
Bitrate, mono vs stereo, bandwidth, etc?

I've done as much as I can to check this out  ripping through the files and content streams using wireshark on the pc to sniff the tcp traffic and that's what I've found -

Additionally, I discovered THIS plug-in for windows media center windows 7-8 that works flawlessly and lets you listen longer than 90 minutes - (BUT- no way to listen to on demand and the interface is terrible for searching - but it DOES work and you can mark favorites) http://niveus.com/tv/ <<-WMCE Plugin -

It's content protected HE+AAC 64kbs 48000 Stereo

I've been ripping to 128kbs 48000mhz stereo MP3s from Analog...

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 20, 2013, 04:18:44 PM
Was the shout-out to the tasty Canadiens to Ian?...

One of Ian's smarmy little jokes is to suggest aliens 'eat the Canadians first because they taste better, huh, huh, huh'.

bateman

Quote from: 999 on September 20, 2013, 04:29:52 PM
http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2010/lr21433.htm

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2013/lr22619.htm
QuoteFurther, according to the complaint, Morton, who did not seek accreditation status from the Delphi Investment Group investors, placed investor funds in the bank accounts of one of the Entities, and that Morton and/or Melissa Morton, commingled the investors’ funds among the Entities’ accounts.  Additionally, according to the complaint, while Morton promised investors that all of their funds would be used to trade foreign currencies, in fact, he invested only about half of the funds with foreign currency trading firms.  Unbeknownst to the investors, instead of investing all of the funds into foreign currency trading firms, Morton, and/or Melissa Morton, diverted some of the investor funds.  For instance, the Mortons diverted at least $240,000 of investor funds to their own nonprofit religious organization, Prophecy Research Institute (PRI).  Melissa Morton and PRI are named as relief defendants (Relief Defendants) in the complaint.
Wow, this is the definition of a con artist. I just emailed Art & Paul.

Jake

I was browsing Reddit today and noticed that shadowbanned guy (one of the chat room idiots) had posted a link in the Art Bell subreddit that led to a post in a "drama'' subreddit about the ''drama'' between Art and George. It listed nothing new but at the end of the post he did mention CoastGab and how he stole users from here to his chat room. The guy seems like such an idiot. Only reason I wanted to bring it up was because of the site being mentioned.

Anyways! I loved the first week of shows and can't wait till Monday!

BattyBrooke

Quote from: shell88 on September 18, 2013, 11:33:48 AM
  It's being discussed because I wanted to share my view.  Is that okay?

Certainly! It was actually more of a rhetorical question, and I did not mean to offend anyone. My apologies.

Quote from: jazmunda on September 20, 2013, 03:55:16 PM
This is not true.

The majority of the SIT shows are new classics not available in any of the torrentable (new word I'm patenting it) archives. Occasionally there will be a repeat or one that we already own from elsewhere but upwards of 95% are new including this weeks lost classic.

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 2/17/00 when dream and ghost experts, Katia Romanoff & Lauri Loewenberg talked about "dead spirits" and bizarre dreams.

I know it's lame that C2CAM keep playing SIT but it's importance to us collectors is immeasurable particularly because PremRad owns the back catalogue and we are never going to find them anywhere else and once they stop playing them they will be lost forever.

I must have just had a bad run. After ripping the 211 shows that were on the website, I realized that I already had copies of the next few shows they played. But I swear everything I said was true.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Jake on September 20, 2013, 05:05:30 PM
I was browsing Reddit today and noticed that shadowbanned guy (one of the chat room idiots) had posted a link in the Art Bell subreddit that led to a post in a "drama'' subreddit about the ''drama'' between Art and George. It listed nothing new but at the end of the post he did mention CoastGab and how he stole users from here to his chat room. The guy seems like such an idiot. Only reason I wanted to bring it up was because of the site being mentioned.

Reddit link?

mikealden

Quote from: Jake on September 20, 2013, 05:05:30 PM

Ugh. I saw him on another message board asking people to sign up here and spam about the chatroom.