• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: onan on September 13, 2013, 08:31:42 PM
He has a 3 year contract. So I would think, without anomolies, we will have 3 years to see if retirement is on the table.

3 years from now, George will be on 7000 jr high, high school and community college stations, and be down to 85 listeners.  They will each call in once a week.

He'll still be trying to get millions to sign up for streamlink, and if they do he will donate 10c to random listeners.

PremRat will still be talking about his talent and how lucky they are to have him.  He will be mumbling and reading so poorly almost no one will have any idea what he's saying.  He'll have 6 more books out with no sales, and 2 more canceled YouTube shows.  Tommy will still be going to lunch with him every day.

IcicleTrepan

Do you guys really think he'll do a surprise show on Sunday?  Is there any reason to think this or is it just hoping?

phrodo

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on September 13, 2013, 10:06:39 PM
Do you guys really think he'll do a surprise show on Sunday?  Is there any reason to think this or is it just hoping?

I sincerely doubt it and firmly believe that any and all testing has already been done several times over again Can't have a debut if it's already done been debuteded... (notice I didn't call it a 'premiere'?)...  8) 

bateman

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 13, 2013, 09:57:46 PM
Tommy will still be going to lunch with him every day.

The only reason he does it now is because George pays. Tommy does not look like one to pass up a free meal.

ItsOver

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on September 13, 2013, 10:06:39 PM

Don't know but I'm finally ready for it.  I'm up and running.  I went the "no credit card required, 30 day free trial" route for now.  I've got the app downloaded and am listening away.  I located Art's channel, so I'm "go for launch."

I'm running it through my Denon stereo receiver and the sound is fantastic.  Much better than a normal AM broadcast for talk.  Deep and full voices.  Art's voice is going to be fantastic.  I can't wait.

popple

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 13, 2013, 09:14:14 PM
Heads up everyone. There is a VERY good chance the fourth trailer for Dark Matter will be on Artbell.com TONIGHT.

If it is I will be sure to post the link all over. Be sure to watch all the way to the end. ;)

Oh my gosh!  YESSSSSSS!!!!  ;D

SaucyRossy

Quote from: popple on September 13, 2013, 10:36:12 PM
Oh my gosh!  YESSSSSSS!!!!  ;D

Verrrrry soon. Like any minute now it will be up

SaucyRossy

And here it is! The fourth trailer with a....world exclusive at the end!

http://artbell.com/ross-howards-video-promo-4/

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 13, 2013, 09:47:49 PM

George knows very little about the world around him, and isn't really interested. 

He is dimly aware there are things he doesn't know that listeners think he should, but he can't differentiate those from the things most people wouldn't expect him to be familiar with. 

So he pretends to know all of it.  And moves on quickly.

I've always wondered how Dave gets around LA without getting lost or run over.  Does Tommy take him everywhere?

Spinner

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 13, 2013, 10:44:00 PM
And here it is! The fourth trailer with a....world exclusive at the end!

http://artbell.com/ross-howards-video-promo-4/
Awesome, Rossy!
It's absolutely perfect! You are a creative genius.

SaucyRossy

Thanks!

I have to publicly thank Art, Paul, and Keith. At the last minute I made a major request and as you can hear at the end of the trailer, Art came through and delivered a really special treat for everyone, one last reason to be excited for Monday.

Spinner

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 13, 2013, 10:55:40 PM
Thanks!

I have to publicly thank Art, Paul, and Keith. At the last minute I made a major request and as you can hear at the end of the trailer, Art came through and delivered a really special treat for everyone, one last reason to be excited for Monday.
Yes, the voice of The Master himself sure has a great impact. He sounds great!
Well done!

popple

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 13, 2013, 10:40:32 PM
Verrrrry soon. Like any minute now it will be up

I'm the 3rd viewer!! *pushes play* 

Was that welcome to dark matter intro audio manipulation or DID ART RECORD THAT FOR YOU? *falls over*

It was so cool to travel through space and time listening to Art. I almost felt like I had passed away and re-experiencing everything lol I hope that when I die my life regression is as cool as that trailer  :o I really thought all the different audio effects and how things sounded when traveling around was fun. Thanks so much for all your work Rossy! I know you've been having some health issues & you really didn't have to complete this for us but you did. I'm going to rewatch and rewatch!  ;D

EDIT! Never mind I think you answered my question about the "world exclusive ". CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: popple on September 13, 2013, 11:00:43 PM

Was that welcome to dark matter intro audio manipulation or DID ART RECORD THAT FOR YOU? *falls over*

It was so cool to travel through space and time listening to Art. I almost felt like I had passed away and re-experiencing everything lol I hope that when I die my life regression is as cool as that trailer  :o I really thought all the different audio effects and how things sounded when traveling around was fun. Thanks so much for all your work Rossy! I know you've been having some health issues & you really didn't have to complete this for us but you did. I'm going to rewatch and rewatch!  ;D

EDIT! Never mind I think you answered my question about the "world exclusive ". CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Haha Popple you're the best.

Yes, Art was kind enough to provide some amazing audio for the end of the trailer and he did it with super short notice. I am so grateful to art and his team.

So what shows got bumped off of sirius Indie 104? Did they just get dropped or were they moved to other Sirius channels? Art has 8 hours so at least 2 or 3 shows are gone/moved?

I was just looking at the Friday night guy-who does some kind of dinner party talk show. That guy is going to have some problems. People tuning in to try and hear Art and instead they get some guy that forces you to bring your husband/wife on the air with you.

Hey wait...doesn't Ian Punnett do a show with his wife?

Spinner

Quote from: popple on September 13, 2013, 11:00:43 PM
I don't know what number(s) I am, but I've watched it 4 times already.
It's soooooooooo good!!!!!!

Renaldo

Very cool, Rossy!

Can't help but say....

You used Contact. You kiss ass!!

hahahaha

I think that's my favorite. And while it's been years if not decades since I've seen it, the whole going through space thing conjures up the movie Explorers, for some reason. Very cool.

Spinner

Quote[quote author=SaucyRossy link=topic=30.msg147405#msg147405 \

Yes, Art was kind enough to provide some amazing audio for the end of the trailer and he did it with super short notice. I am so grateful to art and his team.

You know, the funny thing is that the first time I watched it, I didn't even realize it. It just seemed so natural, as if it was something that I had heard many times before and should have been there. It was afterward, when I was wondering what the world exclusive was, that it dawned on me. 
It's that perfect.

Spinner

Quote from: Renaldo on September 13, 2013, 11:14:25 PM
. . . the whole going through space thing conjures up the movie Explorers, for some reason.
That's how the movie "Contact" begins!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Renaldo on September 13, 2013, 11:14:25 PM
Very cool, Rossy!

Can't help but say....

You used Contact. You kiss ass!!

hahahaha

I think that's my favorite. And while it's been years if not decades since I've seen it, the whole going through space thing conjures up the movie Explorers, for some reason. Very cool.

Contact happens to be one of MY favorite movies as well. Haha

Renaldo

Quote from: Spinner on September 13, 2013, 11:16:44 PM

That's how the movie "Contact" begins!

Then they ripped off Explorers! hahahaha

I've never actually seen the first 10 minutes of Contact.

kingotnw

It was an amazing trailer, and the voice over at the end pushed me over the edge. As of last night, I am all signed up for Sirius/XM and ready to go!

popple

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 13, 2013, 11:04:44 PM
Haha Popple you're the best.

Unlike some of those "nice guys" out there that we're all too familiar with, Art is genuine. That is so awesome. I still can't believe it. As soon as I heard it I was like WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?! And I rewound it again and again to 2:14. I've already lost track of how many times I have watched this. I know it is more than 7 but probably lower than 15.

kingotnw

I just also want to say that I think it's a shame that Premiere owns so much of the dialogue, because that is one of the best trailers I have ever seen. It's too bad it can't be used in an official capacity.

popple

Quote from: bateman on September 13, 2013, 09:44:09 PM
Can I just advise everyone to watch without pants on? Because otherwise they'll be shat.

The ending of the 4th trailer caused a portal to open up and swallow my pants!!! GOOD RIDDANCE. I ran out of laundry soap anyways. They're the universes problem now.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: kingotnw on September 13, 2013, 11:30:26 PM
I just also want to say that I think it's a shame that Premiere owns so much of the dialogue, because that is one of the best trailers I have ever seen. It's too bad it can't be used in an official capacity.

Thank you!!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: popple on September 13, 2013, 11:50:15 PM
The ending of the 4th trailer caused a portal to open up and swallow my pants!!! GOOD RIDDANCE. I ran out of laundry soap anyways. They're the universes problem now.

Pants less popple!

Still can't believe Art provided that.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2013, 10:31:21 PM
Don't know but I'm finally ready for it.  I'm up and running.  I went the "no credit card required, 30 day free trial" route for now.  I've got the app downloaded and am listening away.  I located Art's channel, so I'm "go for launch."

I'm running it through my Denon stereo receiver and the sound is fantastic.  Much better than a normal AM broadcast for talk.  Deep and full voices.  Art's voice is going to be fantastic.  I can't wait.
same for me - got my PC hooked up to an old Onkyo stereo receiver and bookshelf speakers.
looks like they are streaming with 44Khz stereo, not sure of the bitrate.

widespread1

AMEN! lol he is so full of steam

popple

Quote from: kingotnw on September 13, 2013, 11:30:26 PM

I was thinking of how cool it would be for Art to have that as his intro for the opening of his 1st show. Especialy since he'll be catching up with old guests. Although, I am dying to hear his new intro music so we would have to wait an extra day?   :P