• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

warsau

Quote from: ItsOver on August 08, 2013, 06:14:07 AM
Dave Noorie's science adviser?

"Science advisor" always makes me laugh.

Cynnie

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 08, 2013, 12:49:14 AM
I made another trailer for Dark Matters.....you all might recognize it.

Also there are a few fun things that I used in the trailer that match the subject matter.

Hope you guys like it.

Art Bell Dark Matter Trailer 2 - Area 51 caller

That was so awesome i wanted it to be a full on movie

popple

Quote from: ItsOver on August 08, 2013, 06:14:07 AM
Dave Noorie's science adviser?

People are leaving some negative comments, maybe that will keep him off Art's new show.

Quote from: Cynnie on August 08, 2013, 12:39:08 PM

There really could be a movie made out of all the classic coast moments :P

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 08, 2013, 12:49:14 AM
I made another trailer for Dark Matters.....you all might recognize it.

Also there are a few fun things that I used in the trailer that match the subject matter.

Hope you guys like it.

Art Bell Dark Matter Trailer 2 - Area 51 caller

It's brilliant. If you make another one it should involve time travel  8)

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Cynnie on August 08, 2013, 12:39:08 PM

Thanks so much! And popple, time travel is coming up next.

poprocksncoke

Taking the family on a trip for the weekend.  They have never listened to Art Bell but only know what I have been so excited about lately.  Would like to download a couple old shows to listen to on the trip.  Anyone have any suggestions what shows to download?  At least one spooky one to scare the kids :)

Thanks!

Morgus

Quote from: steve0suprem0 on August 08, 2013, 03:56:23 AM
http://artbell.com/one-white-crow-the-real-agent-of-mars-curiosity-mission/

looks like we didn't dodge the hoagland bullet.
thats expected since Keith Rowland is also Hoagland's Enterprise Mission webmaster, so he is the link between Art and Richard.

coaster

Love him or hate him, Hoagland makes for good radio. I personally think he is nothing but a money hungry idiot with an old watch and a strong case of pareidolia, but I can see why others listen to him. Everything is conspiracies and Star Wars. Alien-piloted asteroids, ancient cities on Mars... Hokey as hell, but fun if you are slow in the head.

PABellFan

Quote from: coaster on August 08, 2013, 03:25:57 PM
Love him or hate him, Hoagland makes for good radio. I personally think he is nothing but a money hungry idiot with an old watch and a strong case of pareidolia...

Ummm, for everyone else's sake I'm going to pretend like I don't know what that means and post it here for you: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pareidolia

lonevoice

Quote from: PABellFan on August 08, 2013, 04:32:16 PM
Ummm, for everyone else's sake I'm going to pretend like I don't know what that means and post it here for you: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pareidolia
Haha.  And I'm going to pretend that I wouldn't have looked it up if you hadn't posted it. 

bateman

That is a great word.

Wow.  I didn't know what it meant but that matches Hoagland perfectly.  Let me adjust it slightly.

From Dictionary.com:

pareidolia  (ˌpæraɪˈdəʊlɪə)

— n
the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon [Mars] to have human features.

fave

Just wanted to say hi, new here, long time lurker and very long time AB fan, hoping to come aboard and join in!

Cheers

onan

Quote from: fave on August 08, 2013, 04:49:01 PM
Just wanted to say hi, new here, long time lurker and very long time AB fan, hoping to come aboard and join in!

Cheers

Welcome, next week is finger painting with Dave.

fave

Quote from: onan on August 08, 2013, 04:57:49 PM
Welcome, next week is finger painting with Dave.

I'm not at that level yet. Can't stop eating the paint.

Quote from: fave on August 08, 2013, 04:49:01 PM

Cheers

Welcome,
Good to have you here. Post often!

ItsOver

Quote from: poprocksncoke on August 08, 2013, 02:33:49 PM
Taking the family on a trip for the weekend.  They have never listened to Art Bell but only know what I have been so excited about lately.  Would like to download a couple old shows to listen to on the trip.  Anyone have any suggestions what shows to download?  At least one spooky one to scare the kids :)

Thanks!

For a spooky one to scare the kids, I'd go with one of the GIS EVP shows.  I know some folks think the EVP stuff is hokey but hey what isn't with the paranormal?  Nothing gives me the willies like hearing those creepy voices in the dark of the night.  I think if I'd listened to that stuff as a kid, though, I'd be having nightmares, so fair warning.  ;)

Thanks!

Easy Ghost to Ghost shows. Halloween shows. They are all ghost stories, everyone favorite shows!

bateman

Thanks!

http://youtu.be/cWOiSflrAv4

Renaldo

Quote from: coaster on August 08, 2013, 03:25:57 PM
Love him or hate him, Hoagland makes for good radio. I personally think he is nothing but a money hungry idiot with an old watch and a strong case of pareidolia, but I can see why others listen to him. Everything is conspiracies and Star Wars. Alien-piloted asteroids, ancient cities on Mars... Hokey as hell, but fun if you are slow in the head.

Hoagland is one of my favorite guests, he's awesome. Back when I was a kid, his Monuments of Mars was just getting going, and he actually had a TV commercial that ran during the late afternoon talk shows like Donahue. One day after school I was watching TV with my Mom and the commercial came on. I asked her if the face on Mars was real. She said no. I asked her if it wasn't real, why would this guy on TV say it was and write a book about it? She told me some people had mental issues and felt better when they got other people to believe it. Then a commercial for Dianetics came on, and I asked, like the guy who wrote that? And she said yes.

jazmunda

Somewhere in Time is still on this week:

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to July 4, 1996 for a night of 'Truth or Trash' lines. Can you figure out who's lying and who's telling the truth?

This is a new "Classic" Art Bell show meaning it does not exist in any of the current day sources of procuring shows. I love the Truth or Trash shows and can't wait to add this one to my collection.

May Somewhere In Time run forever on C2CAM or until Art gets the rights and plays all his classics on his own SiriusXM channel.

Renaldo

I'm listening to 7/10/98 Benjamin Creme show about Maitreya.  A guy calls in talking about being abducted, Creme calls him an abductee, and the guy says he prefers to be called an "Experiencer".  Art chimes in and says, "Call it what you want, but a rose by any other name still gets beamed up and probed". 

I <3 Art. hahahha

Art posted Ross's video to his Facebook!

SaucyRossy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on August 08, 2013, 07:38:16 PM
For a spooky one to scare the kids, I'd go with one of the GIS EVP shows.  I know some folks think the EVP stuff is hokey but hey what isn't with the paranormal?  Nothing gives me the willies like hearing those creepy voices in the dark of the night.  I think if I'd listened to that stuff as a kid, though, I'd be having nightmares, so fair warning.  ;)

i would also recommend the EVP shows.  i don't think it's hokey, nor do i believe the evidence is faked.  the GIS were by far some of my favorite guests with art.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 08, 2013, 11:18:04 PM
Art posted Ross's video to his Facebook!

on Art's actual page or the artbell.com facebook?

dan7800

Quote from: Renaldo on August 08, 2013, 10:05:05 PM
Hoagland is one of my favorite guests, he's awesome. Back when I was a kid, his Monuments of Mars was just getting going, and he actually had a TV commercial that ran during the late afternoon talk shows like Donahue. One day after school I was watching TV with my Mom and the commercial came on. I asked her if the face on Mars was real. She said no. I asked her if it wasn't real, why would this guy on TV say it was and write a book about it? She told me some people had mental issues and felt better when they got other people to believe it. Then a commercial for Dianetics came on, and I asked, like the guy who wrote that? And she said yes.

Hoagland is the worst. I think Art was getting fed up with him at the end.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 08, 2013, 11:32:29 PM

Artbell.com I think. Pretty cool.

PrairieGhost

Here's a question I've had but never asked but I will now. What's Art's username on here?

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 08, 2013, 11:32:29 PM

http://artbell.com/trailer-area-51-caller/

Both artbell.com and the artbell.com facebook is run by Keith Rowland who is Art's long time webmaster.

jazmunda

Quote from: PrairieGhost on August 09, 2013, 12:12:20 AM
Here's a question I've had but never asked but I will now. What's Art's username on here?

Confusingly it is Art Bell.