• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: BO BO TOO on April 22, 2018, 12:32:22 AM

NOPE I MAY HAVE IT WRONG IT WAS THIS GUY IN THE GAY BAR

NOT THIS GUY

He was in Mudd’s Women and I, Mudd, but I am not sure about the tribbels.

Stanley Adams did the Trouble with Tribbels

Morgus

Yeah those two get confused by people a lot.
The guy you met must have been actor Roger C. Carmel (born 27 September 1932 â€" died 11 November 1986) who played the rogue smuggler Harry Mudd on Star Trek.

The other actor with the tribbles was Stanley Adams, who played Cyrano Jones, another smuggler.

BO BO TOO

Quote from: Morgus on April 22, 2018, 12:41:22 AM
Yeah those two get confused by people a lot.
The guy you met must have been actor Roger C. Carmel (born 27 September 1932 â€" died 11 November 1986) who played the rogue smuggler Harry Mudd on Star Trek.

The other actor with the tribbles was Stanley Adams, who played Cyrano Jones, another smuggler.

GREAT JOB SO LIKE HE WAS LYING TO ME IN THE BAR AS I PEGGED HIM FOR THE FURY GUY AND HE SAID YES OR ACTED LIKE YES THAT'S ME ON STAR TREK

WHO KNOWS I MIGHT HAVE BEEN DRINKING A BIT LOLOL

THE OTHER GUY IS THE RIGHT GUY AND HE MIGHT NOT BE QUEER

GLAD WE CLEARED THAT UP SINCE THE GAY ONE IS DEAD

LAUGHING

THAT WAS SOOOO MANY YEARS AGO BUTT IT STUCK IN MY MEMORY AS I HARDLY EVER WENT TO LONG BEACH BARS...MOSTLY GARDEN GROVE AND LAGUNA BEACH AND THEY HAD ONE IN NEWPORT BEACH BACK THEN

BIT PART ACTORS THAT THINK THEY ARE A STARRRRRRRR SO FUNNY

THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP FOR ME I HAD IT WRONG OR HE WASN'T THE FURY WRANGLER ANYWAY HE WAS IN THAT ONE SHOW I THINK TOO THE GAY ONE

HE WAS A LARGE GUY AND SO GIRLY IT WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME

HE WAS REALLY CAMPING IT UP IS THE OLDEN DAYS TERM I GUESS

WANNA TAKE A RIDE >?>?>?

THAT IS ELAINE SHE STARTED GLP OR GOD LIKE PRODUCTION FORUM

SO SHE AND I GOT INTO IT OVER MANY YEARS

SHE SOLD OUT IS HER STORY AND GOT A BIKE FOR THE SALE SHE LIED AND SAID

SO I TROLLED HER ASS FOR LYING TO US ALL

AND PEOPLE I TROLL I OFTEN SELECT A THEME SONG FOR THEM AND A PICTURE THEY WILL HATE

LAUGHING I TROLL THE TROLLS SO I NEVER PICK ON THE INNOCENT PEOPLE

HERE IS HER SONG LOL

OR

THEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOU_K3rT36U

BO BO TOO

SO THAT POOR GLEN BECK IS SELLING HIS JET THAT POOR IDIOT

HE TURNED MORMON AND I KNEW SOMETHING WAS GOING SOUR WITH HIM

I AM STILL LAUGHING ABOUT FOX NEWS AND ROGER AILES GETTING OUTED FOR BEING A TOTAL CREEP

SNORT SMIRK....

BO BO TOO

I DON'T WANT TO GET BANNED SO I WON'T POST MY MORE GAY ART TYPE PICS

SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE GAY ART

I WAS JUST GOING THROUGH MY MASSIVE COLLECTION

I CAN'T STAND THEM BUSHES AT ALL THEY WERE BEHIND SO MUCH EVIL LIKE THE KLINTOONS

AND YES ART BELL THEY PULLED OFF 911 IT WAS A FRIKEN INSIDE JOB

I HAVE A LOT OF PROOF MAYBE I WILL START A 911 INSIDE JOB THREAD ONE FINE DAY ...HERE

THAT ONE ALWAYS GETS ME BANNED ON THE REPUBLICAN RELIGIOUS SITES

I DON'T KNOW WHY

WINK BLINK WINK

BO BO TOO

DANG I HAVE THE SONG WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT BO BO

THAT WAS WHERE I PICKED OUT THE NAME

I SHOULD CHANGE MY NAME SO THEY DON'T BLAME THE OTHER BO BO FOR THE STUFF I POST LOL

SCREAMMMMMMMMM

OR LINNY LIMP WRIST

OR Dirk Danger +++

are the personas I HAVE USED FOR COUNTLESS YEARS NOW

LEAVE IT TO ME TO PICK OUT BO BO TOO

NUT CAKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whPzJbntlnY&ab_channel=MC

MAYBE I SHOULD EASE UP AS THIS IS ART BELLS THREAD

I TEND TO GET CARRIED AWAY POSTING ONCE I GET HIGH AND IT GETS AFTER 1 AM LOL

I AM A NIGHT OWL

AppealPlay

I'm terribly confused.

Sean92008

It's Gabulously Gabtitious.

Rix Gins

Quote from: BO BO TOO on April 22, 2018, 01:31:25 AM
MAYBE I SHOULD EASE UP AS THIS IS ART BELLS THREAD

Start your own thread.  Call it Bo Bo's Blink Winks.

Hells Mole

I miss Art Bell.

I've missed him since he retired.

The first time I felt my heart break was in 1998 when suddenly at the end of a broadcast of C2CAM one night he said that it was his final broadcast and he was done.

What?!  Art over the preceding few years had presided over my nights five times a week.  The forum.  The people.  The community.  The *ride*.

I hated Hilly Rose.  Years later I heard Hilly Rose and thought he was wonderful.  Emotionally he was subject to the same misplaced vitriol that has plagued everyone who dared take the seat in Art's absence.  The guy was a class act but he wasn't Art.  Obviously, no one is.

I held on after MITD knowing that would he live long enough he would be back.

On Friday April 13th I went to /x/ on 4chan, in desperation.  There was a picture of Art Bell and a short text saying that he had died and asking why the mods were deleting anything about it.  Could it be true?  It was.

The first day I just felt something funny, something difficult to describe.  Denial?  Not really, I knew he was a lifelong smoker and getting on in age.  I thought to myself that okay, some guy died that I didn't know, so what?

The second day tears started to come.  I started feeling heavy.  I questioned it.  I denied it.  I wiped the occasional moisture from my eyes in recognition of feeling emotional about a public figure to whom I had no personal connection.  Hell, the big jerk never even replied to any of my emails.  The closest I ever got to an interaction was a vague reply to one of my wormhole messages during a MITD break where he was broadcasting on Periscope.  He was annoyed by what I said.

The third day the heavy, lead blanket of grief set upon me like a mantle.  Why?!  I heaved, I sobbed.  I tried to hide but it came anyway.  This was grief.  The same grief I have felt when a loved on passed away.  There was no denying it, there was only going through it.  Yet I questioned every second of it.  I told myself that the person I felt so connected to was only an illusion, an entertainer.  He did not know me.  He did not necessarily reveal the truth of his life.  So why was this very real grief burdening my heart?

Art was there through many phases of my life, starting in my teens.  Taking part in his broadcasts as a listener became a nightly ritual.  The absence of him on the weekends was actually stressful, painful even.

It had replaced for me the real-life environment of a completely unique phenomenon that was a 24 hour restaurant that became the focal point of a bizarre artistic community.   For years I spent every night at this location drinking copious amounts of coffee, speaking philosophy and strangeness with artists, musicians, the occasional celebrity and all manner of unique individuals.  It was shortly after this restaurant closed its doors that I discovered in Art Bell and Coast to Coast.

In what seemed like an impossible connection to that late night community of magic and mystery, one night on C2C brought one of my best friends from that time on the air.  That being the person BellGab know as Mr. Fidget.  I couldn't believe it!  Someone from my life was a guest on Art Bell!  And of course Art liked him just like I had taken a shining to him from the beginning.  He's an interesting character, a genius in his own way.  What a match, Mr. Fidget and Art Bell!  When Mr. Fidget asked for someone he knew to call in I was on the line, west of the Rockies, ringing, but for some reason Art picked up east of the Rockies twice and the second guy burned up all the remaining time.  I was also just thrilled because I hadn't talked to Mr. F since he had left town a couple of years earlier.

Art continued to be a part of my life for all the years he would come on air.  I thought of him all the time.  Things that happens on the show, every time I'd hear music that he used as bumper music, things he'd said about Ramona and his personal life.  Art felt like a close friend, the same way it was for the rest of you.

He would pick up the microphone and speak into it with the same intimacy that any one of us would speak to our dearest friend.  The microphone was his outlet, his freedom, his release.  That's exactly why I knew he'd be back.  No matter what distractions came his way nothing could compare to the microphone connected to the radio tower which would always be Art's best friend, and consequently would make us all feel that we were part of his personal world.

When Art came back for Sirius XM and MITD it was a dream come true.  Sirius was rather a let down.  He just wasn't with it.  He was more with it than when he was doing the occasional weekends on C2C but still didn't seem to really be present.

MITD was almost a full return to form.  Knowing that Art Bell was on the air almost every night again made this screwed up world seem alright again.  I got to share the joy of Art Bell LIVE with my current mate, who fell in love with him as well.  God, how the world was missing something without him and now he was back.

Alas after less than half a year it was gone again but it meant so much to me.  This world will never be the same without him for me.  It has never been totally okay in any of his retirements.  It's just something I sort of get used to.  The new Willie Nelson song (and incidentally the Willie Nelson interview was one of my favorite Art Bell moments) "Something you Get Through" really nails it.  Losing someone you love is something you never get over, it's just something you eventually get through.

As peculiar as it is to mourn someone who never even knew me, I have mourned just the same as the loss of any family member.  So I must have loved Art more than I could have thought.  He was why I stopped by BellGab almost every day all these years to look at his post history just to see what was up.  When someone passes away you really become all the more aware of how many times in your day to day thought process they come into your head.  It becomes more obvious because instead of a passing thought it is now acutely painful.  He was in there a lot, in my head, for all kinds of reasons.

I loved a guy I've never met and who doesn't know me.  I miss him like hell.  Like C2C, it's weird, but it's how it is and how it will always be.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 21, 2018, 11:04:22 PM
Wow...  Art Bell did a show for the LBC network in England...  Per Howard Hughes streaming live Saturday Night/Sunday Morning

https://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/how-to-listen/
thanks!  :-*

DanTSX

This place is becoming an emotional tampon for people off their meds (or taking someone else’s)

I’m not sure what stage of grieving we are in.  But I want to go ack to hating George, not heather.  Not because she doesn’t suck.  But it’s because she is Heather Who?

I still am looking forward to a long, weird, protracted battle between those laying claim to the legacy and estate of Art Bell.  That will be the real show, people.

But some of you are out of your damn minds.

SergeantMajor

Here we are after 9 days after Arts death.  What do we know for certain and what is the future (if any) if MiTD?

1. Art died of nothing more than complications due to COPD.

2. The funeral was apparently private

3. HW, as of 16 hours ago, says she can't do the show anymore.

I understand her grief, especially if she is/was a Bell child (#6).

What do you think is the future of MiTD in specific and the paranormal genre in general?

awguy

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 22, 2018, 04:42:55 AM
I miss Art Bell.

I've missed him since he retired.

The first time I felt my heart break was in 1998 when suddenly at the end of a broadcast of C2CAM one night he said that it was his final broadcast and he was done.

What?!  Art over the preceding few years had presided over my nights five times a week.  The forum.  The people.  The community.  The *ride*.

I hated Hilly Rose.  Years later I heard Hilly Rose and thought he was wonderful.  Emotionally he was subject to the same misplaced vitriol that has plagued everyone who dared take the seat in Art's absence.  The guy was a class act but he wasn't Art.  Obviously, no one is.

I held on after MITD knowing that would he live long enough he would be back.

On Friday April 13th I went to /x/ on 4chan, in desperation.  There was a picture of Art Bell and a short text saying that he had died and asking why the mods were deleting anything about it.  Could it be true?  It was.

The first day I just felt something funny, something difficult to describe.  Denial?  Not really, I knew he was a lifelong smoker and getting on in age.  I thought to myself that okay, some guy died that I didn't know, so what?

The second day tears started to come.  I started feeling heavy.  I questioned it.  I denied it.  I wiped the occasional moisture from my eyes in recognition of feeling emotional about a public figure to whom I had no personal connection.  Hell, the big jerk never even replied to any of my emails.  The closest I ever got to an interaction was a vague reply to one of my wormhole messages during a MITD break where he was broadcasting on Periscope.  He was annoyed by what I said.

The third day the heavy, lead blanket of grief set upon me like a mantle.  Why?!  I heaved, I sobbed.  I tried to hide but it came anyway.  This was grief.  The same grief I have felt when a loved on passed away.  There was no denying it, there was only going through it.  Yet I questioned every second of it.  I told myself that the person I felt so connected to was only an illusion, an entertainer.  He did not know me.  He did not necessarily reveal the truth of his life.  So why was this very real grief burdening my heart?

Art was there through many phases of my life, starting in my teens.  Taking part in his broadcasts as a listener became a nightly ritual.  The absence of him on the weekends was actually stressful, painful even.

It had replaced for me the real-life environment of a completely unique phenomenon that was a 24 hour restaurant that became the focal point of a bizarre artistic community.   For years I spent every night at this location drinking copious amounts of coffee, speaking philosophy and strangeness with artists, musicians, the occasional celebrity and all manner of unique individuals.  It was shortly after this restaurant closed its doors that I discovered in Art Bell and Coast to Coast.

In what seemed like an impossible connection to that late night community of magic and mystery, one night on C2C brought one of my best friends from that time on the air.  That being the person BellGab know as Mr. Fidget.  I couldn't believe it!  Someone from my life was a guest on Art Bell!  And of course Art liked him just like I had taken a shining to him from the beginning.  He's an interesting character, a genius in his own way.  What a match, Mr. Fidget and Art Bell!  When Mr. Fidget asked for someone he knew to call in I was on the line, west of the Rockies, ringing, but for some reason Art picked up east of the Rockies twice and the second guy burned up all the remaining time.  I was also just thrilled because I hadn't talked to Mr. F since he had left town a couple of years earlier.

Art continued to be a part of my life for all the years he would come on air.  I thought of him all the time.  Things that happens on the show, every time I'd hear music that he used as bumper music, things he'd said about Ramona and his personal life.  Art felt like a close friend, the same way it was for the rest of you.

He would pick up the microphone and speak into it with the same intimacy that any one of us would speak to our dearest friend.  The microphone was his outlet, his freedom, his release.  That's exactly why I knew he'd be back.  No matter what distractions came his way nothing could compare to the microphone connected to the radio tower which would always be Art's best friend, and consequently would make us all feel that we were part of his personal world.

When Art came back for Sirius XM and MITD it was a dream come true.  Sirius was rather a let down.  He just wasn't with it.  He was more with it than when he was doing the occasional weekends on C2C but still didn't seem to really be present.

MITD was almost a full return to form.  Knowing that Art Bell was on the air almost every night again made this screwed up world seem alright again.  I got to share the joy of Art Bell LIVE with my current mate, who fell in love with him as well.  God, how the world was missing something without him and now he was back.

Alas after less than half a year it was gone again but it meant so much to me.  This world will never be the same without him for me.  It has never been totally okay in any of his retirements.  It's just something I sort of get used to.  The new Willie Nelson song (and incidentally the Willie Nelson interview was one of my favorite Art Bell moments) "Something you Get Through" really nails it.  Losing someone you love is something you never get over, it's just something you eventually get through.

As peculiar as it is to mourn someone who never even knew me, I have mourned just the same as the loss of any family member.  So I must have loved Art more than I could have thought.  He was why I stopped by BellGab almost every day all these years to look at his post history just to see what was up.  When someone passes away you really become all the more aware of how many times in your day to day thought process they come into your head.  It becomes more obvious because instead of a passing thought it is now acutely painful.  He was in there a lot, in my head, for all kinds of reasons.

I loved a guy I've never met and who doesn't know me.  I miss him like hell.  Like C2C, it's weird, but it's how it is and how it will always be.

Very nice post. The best thing about BellGab right now is knowing you're not alone in the way you feel, we all miss him.

Juan

Neither artbell.com nor MITD are loading. Remember when Art quit before MITD and demanded Keith take down the website, and he did immediately? Heather said she can’t do the show, so has Keith taken it down. As The Art Bell Turns?

Quote from: DanTSX on April 22, 2018, 06:35:37 AM
This place is becoming an emotional tampon for people off their meds (or taking someone else’s)

I’m not sure what stage of grieving we are in.  But I want to go ack to hating George, not heather.  Not because she doesn’t suck.  But it’s because she is Heather Who?

I still am looking forward to a long, weird, protracted battle between those laying claim to the legacy and estate of Art Bell.  That will be the real show, people.

what's done is done, friend. Heather will continue to be the target. besides, what's left to hate about Norry?

ItsOver

Quote from: SergeantMajor on April 22, 2018, 08:37:43 AM
...What do you think is the future of MiTD in specific and the paranormal genre in general?
MITD?

The paranormal genre in general?

Still singing, after all these years.  Please pass the eggs.

SergeantMajor

Quote from: ItsOver on April 22, 2018, 08:57:05 AM
MITD?

The paranormal genre in general?

Still singing, after all these years.  Please pass the eggs.

LOL! Thanks! You are probably right.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on April 22, 2018, 08:43:46 AM
Neither artbell.com nor MITD are loading. Remember when Art quit before MITD and demanded Keith take down the website, and he did immediately? Heather said she can’t do the show, so has Keith taken it down. As The Art Bell Turns?
You're right.

504 Gateway Time-out

Maybe Airyn's pulled the plug.  Maybe Keith.  Maybe HW tripped over a cable.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on April 22, 2018, 06:35:37 AM

I’m not sure what stage of grieving we are in.  But I want to go ack to hating George, not heather.  Not because she doesn’t suck.  But it’s because she is Heather Who?

Because why? Negative emotional energy expended on him will do what? I heard him call into speak to MV the other night and thought him gracious and respectful. He accepts some dislike him, but what can he do? He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. If anyone doesn't like his show, then it's simple: Don't listen to it. 

Quote from: ItsOver on April 22, 2018, 09:01:14 AM
You're right.

504 Gateway Time-out

Maybe Airyn's pulled the plug.  Maybe Keith.  Maybe HW tripped over a cable.

everything is going to plan! *rubs hands together*