• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Marc.Knight

Kinda neat to see the progression of the Art Bell web site.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.artbell.com

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Marc Knight on February 06, 2011, 10:46:35 PM
Kinda neat to see the progression of the Art Bell web site.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.artbell.com

There are some great old graphics buried in there.

SheilaVG

That's interesting that you should say that about Red Eye Radio. A few weekends ago, when C2C was supposed to start, there was more dead air than their should have been on my local station and then Red Eye came on. It was terrible audio quality and just plain boring to lots of us. Not unusual to have a technical glitch of that magnitude on our station but a strange trun of events given the current Art mystery; like Coast said they weren't going to run that night.

Quote from: sherry440 on February 06, 2011, 10:43:55 PM
I would give anything to hear a new broadcast from Art..........but I bet he's on that slice of paradise he talked about moving to. Has anybody listened to Doug MacIntyre-Redeye Radio?? It is the best thing I've found since C2C lost ARt. I refuse (!) to listen to even one sentence of Snoory.

FortRock

I've checked out Red Eye Radio myself. At that hour I cannot abide with political talk! Art GOT IT, that late-night radio needs to stay away from that orientation, just like Sports Talk, there's enough of that during daytime hours. I need soothing, intellectually stimulating talk at that time of night. This dates back to a great example for the creation of Art Bell's type of radio, that I've mentioned here before. Before Art, the last program I got so involved with was The Nitecaps hosted by Herb Jepko, from KSL-AM Radio 1160KHz. The show was very soothing, no politics, and no discussion of anything touching on religion. The night of Jepko's death, Art was the ONLY major radio show host to mention it and discuss it. Art, when he graduated from high school, hitchhiked across America with a small transistor radio as his company. At night he listed to The Nitecaps, and used the show's regional telephone line system as his example for setting up his own show. Check this website's The Last Nitestand section, www.nitecaps.net. You will find a letter from Art Bell about his listening to Jepko and the Nitecaps. If I listen to talk radio latenight, it needs to be non-political!

FortRock

OH!! And why hasn't Art tried to reach out by now?! Time for Manila Throat to do his magic!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 04, 2011, 05:17:30 PM
let Art retire for crying out loud.
but this thread MUST survive!!!

Merchant Gal

Quote from: Michael V. on February 07, 2011, 09:45:20 AM
but this thread MUST survive!!!

And this thread  SHALL survive !!  It has a heartbeat ........ I  hear it ...... listen closely and you will too.   It sounds like this: ..... art ..... art ..... art .......  ;)

Max_TO

Hello all , first time poster here . In fact it was through some searching on Art Bell and his employment status that led me to this forum and this thread .

Where to begin ??  I am pretty dumbfounded right now as this is all news to me , yes I though it strange that Art didn't do his yearly NYE show but I guess I didn't want to see it for what it was  :(  I have managed to read through the first 14 pages of this thread and I hope that by the time I get all caught up I will have found some answers as to what has taken place , why he has left and if he has issued any report other then that JPG ?

One thing about Art , and he has mentioned this on air before , he loves revenge . If Art feels that he has been in any way forced out or not treated correctly then you can bet the farm he will be back just to bring those who did him wrong down to there knees .

As for the current look of Coast under George N , what can I say that hasn't already been said ? The man has no clue , no passion , and has no concept of what researching a guest is about . On a side note , anyone think it to be funny to see George claim to have written a book when he has never even read a book ? Oh poor georgy , poor us :(

I , like many of you , will only keep my stream link membership if coast opens up all of Art's past shows for DL as Georgy just isn't up to the task off carrying the torch of Art bell , perhaps he might be able to bring Art some coffee but not the torch .

I will now jump back to pg 14 and continue reading but if someone might do a break down of where things stand as of now , please do . I would love a current status report .

Thanks ! , oh and also was wondering , this site is it related to the Art Bell shout cast station that seems to bair the same name ?

Thanks again guys

artfanforever

I am a long-time fan of Art Bell dating back to his very first broadcast.  I agree with most everything you say but I must add this----RADIO is in Art's blood, in the fiber of his being.  I truly feel  that we will hear from Art again.  Perhaps after he completes building the new house.  Good things are worth the wait.

awguy

Quote from: Max_TO on February 08, 2011, 02:10:12 PM

I will now jump back to pg 14 and continue reading but if someone might do a break down of where things stand as of now , please do . I would love a current status report .

Short answer: No, other than the webcam image, there are no concrete answers as to where Art is and if he is coming back. Page 14 is a good place to stop... things got kind of crazy after that. However, I have read all 26 pages of this thread and like a train wreck, I can't look away.

imperial252

Quote from: Marc Knight on February 06, 2011, 10:57:37 PM

There are some great old graphics buried in there.

Awesome picture, You can almost smell the cigarette smoke and coffee.

bmd88

Hello, all.

I have signed up to help many of you who have been wondering the same thing I have- What has happened to Mr. Art Bell?

Well, someone asked tonight on the Coast Insiders Live Chat and they actually allowed the question through.  Here's how it went:

coalspeaker (the questioner): "Have you spoken to Art Bell lately? And if so is he and his family doing well?"
George: " No I havent. Art has decided to retire for good this time. I assume all is well for him and his family. he has gone through many ups and downs. I sent him a very lengthy email a few months ago, and he never responded. Though he normally would."

Take this as you will!   ???

I was able to somehow squeek this question in on Art Bell during a live chat with Noory tonight.. George Noory answered it. And if you ask me, his answer only further amplifies the question of what in the world is happening in Manilla (or wherever) with Art Bell!

For those who have trouble reading it, he said: Gnoory: No I havent. Art has decided to retire for good this time. I assume all is well for him and his family. he has gone through many ups and downs. I sent him a very lengthy email a few months ago, and he never responded. Though he normally would.

Quote from: bmd88 on February 08, 2011, 10:38:35 PM
I HAVE THE "OFFICIAL" ANSWER as to what happened... well, from the words of George Noory in tonight's Coast Insider Live Chat:

coalspeaker (questioner): "Have you spoken to Art Bell lately? And if so is he and his family doing well?"

George: "  No I havent. Art has decided to retire for good this time. I assume all is well for him and his family. he has gone through many ups and downs. I sent him a very lengthy email a few months ago, and he never responded. Though he normally would. "

Not sure how to take this one...

Ladies and gentlemen, I propose this question: Is it possible that George Noory, like all of us, has NO CLUE what Art Bell is doing..?

bmd88

Sorry, I just can't believe George on this one.  I'm sure he knows, or at least speculates a bit more as to what happened.  I mean, combine this dismissal of George's email with Art's "hot air" comment and you've got Art being upset with Noory for some reason.  If that reason is just general frustration with him (as we all have), or some event where the two clashed, be it over contracts, the direction of the show, or what have you, is what I want to know.

I agree. I think in a way they let my question go through because they wanted to take the chance to further diminish the chances of Art Bell doing anything further in the future..
But I also think they are going to only further ampify the debate over where in the world he is..

bmd88

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 08, 2011, 10:43:25 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I propose this question: Is it possible that George Noory, like all of us, has NO CLUE what Art Bell is doing..?

Lol, I highy doubt this.  I would imagine George Noory is a large part, if not THE reason for Art's "final departure".  Art has dismissed George's email, and has dug at him with the "hot air" comments- I am guessing there's some bad blood with George about SOMETHING - be it conract related, the direction of the show in George's command, etc.  I just want to know what it is because it pisses me off to know that George could be the reason why we can't hear Art anymore.

what I meant was.. is Art Bell, in a sense, scaring George Noory. I mean, the biggest threat to Noory would be an Art Bell comeback..

bmd88

Well, two things- one- thank God you asked something.  I was going to, but thought it would just be a waste of time and Lex would just throw it in the bin at first glance.  I resorted to asking if George thought we'd ever have another Civil War in the US and they haven't even asked that (yet).

Also, if it turns out that George did have a spat with Art or knew of a reason Art was angry, yet didn't say in his response to your question, he will definitely loose his credibility because he would have been hiding this information from listeners, and even more specifically those of us paying the outrageous Coast Insider subscription to pad his pockets for dinners in LA.

Quote from: bmd88 on February 08, 2011, 10:54:31 PM
Well, two things- one- thank God you asked something.  I was going to, but thought it would just be a waste of time and Lex would just throw it in the bin at first glance.  I resorted to asking if George thought we'd ever have another Civil War in the US and they haven't even asked that (yet).

Also, if it turns out that George did have a spat with Art or knew of a reason Art was angry, yet didn't say in his response to your question, he will definitely loose his credibility because he would have been hiding this information from listeners, and even more specifically those of us paying the outrageous Coast Insider subscription to pad his pockets for dinners in LA.

I will be honest, when my question was answered, I almost .. you know what in my pants. I couldn't believe Lex allowed it to go through .. but I still think they let it go through on purpose. I just cannot figure out the purpose.

bmd88

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 08, 2011, 10:50:30 PM
what I meant was.. is Art Bell, in a sense, scaring George Noory. I mean, the biggest threat to Noory would be an Art Bell comeback..

If I'm understanding you correctly, no, I don't think so.  I think George knows the reason for Art's departure is himself.

Quote from: bmd88 on February 08, 2011, 10:56:44 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, no, I don't think so.  I think George knows the reason for Art's departure is himself.

Agreed

bmd88

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 08, 2011, 10:56:13 PM
I will be honest, when my question was answered, I almost .. you know what in my pants. I couldn't believe Lex allowed it to go through .. but I still think they let it go through on purpose. I just cannot figure out the purpose.

Me either, but you're right- there's a method to the madness. Guess it's up to us to sort it out, but congrats on this huge clue!   :)

Quote from: bmd88 on February 08, 2011, 10:59:51 PM
Me either, but you're right- there's a method to the madness. Guess it's up to us to sort it out, but congrats on this huge clue!   :)

It was simply luck !
The stars aligned.. Maybe Lex pushed approve by accident.

bmd88

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 08, 2011, 11:02:09 PM
It was simply luck !
The stars aligned.. Maybe Lex pushed approve by accident.

Lol could be, but I doubt it.

My question didn't even get though, neither did my good night where I bitched that my question wasn't accepted.  Oh well, guess it didn't include enough Snoory ass-kissin'

bmd88

Oh, one more thing I just thought of- if Art didn't respond to Noory's email, how the hell does he know Art "retired for good".  And even if he didn't respond to the email, he apparently had a conversation with George, or someone at Coast, informing him/them of his final retirement... and surely it came with SOME explanation as to why.  I guess the fans "who make it all possible" (as George like to pelt out [perhaps the hot air Art alludes to]) aren't worthy of this sensitive information.

FortRock

I saw George Noory's reply during the chat. Noory is frightened of Art, and cannot fathom what Art's next move is! George sending an email to Art, and then no response? George just told us who the "Hot Air" provider is in Art's eyes and mind, GEORGE! There is a plan in the works of major revenge being cooked up by Art, I can feel it in my bones! To ARTFANFOREVER, you seem to be an insider with news of Art building a home, presumably in the Philippines? Where did you find this information? I think a Radio Room, like in Pahrump, is part of this construction! Does your sources have a timeline for compleation of this home?

anagrammy

Don't you think it's interesting that Noory claims to have written Art a "long letter" when he can't even read correctly a short question on the air?  What would he have to say that would make a lengthy communication, if it were not his PERFORMANCE?

I say that because I've always felt Art was generous in his approbation of other radio hosts trying out new formats, personalizing their shows, famous for their own schtick, even if he didn't agree with it.  The brotherhood of Radio Hosts.  So, I'm thinking it couldn't have been Noory's personal style (which is his standard explanation, i.e., "some don't like my style")

Style is not to be confused with, well, hot air.

I can visualize GN writing to Art saying, "I know you are not a fan of my style, but the audience misses you and is angry that you haven't said anything...couldn't you reassure them that you are supporting Coast management?  For the fans, Art, not for me."

And Art basically sneered because Art does not suffer fools gladly.

Anagrammy

coastfan

Maybe Art just doesn't care.