• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2013, 02:32:52 AM
Noory did it again tonight, dumping his main guest after only one hour with no explanation at all:
Editor-in-Chief of The Heretic Magazine, Andrew Gough, will discuss his work researching the lost traditions and symbolism celebrating the sacred honey bee in ancient cultures.

Noory brought in one of his regular guests, Joshua Warren, in the 3rd hour as a substitute.
Wonder what the main guest did to incur Noory's wrath? Or maybe he was just too intelligent for Noory?

Maybe Gough dumped Snorge, not vice versa.   ;D   

In any case, it was totally unprofessional of Snorge not to say a single word about why the scheduled guest was gone. I mean, even a simple apology for the sudden change in schedule without further comment would have been far more professional than saying nothing at all.

I'm gonna email Gough and Snorge and ask each of them what happened. I'm not sure either one will respond, but if they do, I wonder if their explanations will match?

b_dubb

I can't look at the wreck anymore. Reading about it just makes me sad. It's bad enough that Jorch has ruined Coast. Worse that some of us continue to tune in. Like flies drawn to shit.

CrabbyOld Bat

Update:

Just tried to email Gough. I received a message saying my email couldn't be delivered because Gough's mailbox was full. Guess there might be quite a few people wondering what happened and not pleased about the abrupt ending.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 31, 2013, 09:21:47 AM
Maybe Gough dumped Snorge, not vice versa.   ;D   

In any case, it was totally unprofessional of Snorge not to say a single word about why the scheduled guest was gone. I mean, even a simple apology for the sudden change in schedule without further comment would have been far more professional than saying nothing at all.

I'm gonna email Gough and Snorge and ask each of them what happened. I'm not sure either one will respond, but if they do, I wonder if their explanations will match?

I didn't hear the show but I can surmise if the guest didn't speak much then Noory knows he cannot carry the show.  Gotta get a talker on there so Noory can just say "yup" "nope" "was it an angel" and mix it up a little by adding "hummph".

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: b_dubb on January 31, 2013, 09:23:18 AM
It's bad enough that Jorch has ruined Coast. Worse that some of us continue to tune in. Like flies drawn to shit.

Yeah, well... I only half-listen -- mostly to laugh at Snorge's screw-ups -- and even then it's only on occasion. (I do enjoy Knapp's shows though.) I also admit to taking sick pleasure in listening for signs of Snorge panicking at the thought of Art returning to radio.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 31, 2013, 10:18:56 AM
I also admit to taking sick pleasure in listening for signs of Snorge panicking at the thought of Art returning to radio.

i don't think george will panic... well, at least not at first.  based on what i'm able to see in his personality, i think he genuinely believes he can weather an art bell storm.  he's become convinced of his greatness.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Marc knight on January 31, 2013, 09:59:18 AM
I didn't hear the show but I can surmise if the guest didn't speak much then Noory knows he cannot carry the show.  Gotta get a talker on there so Noory can just say "yup" "nope" "was it an angel" and mix it up a little by adding "hummph".

Actually, Gough's quantity of conversation seemed fine to me. (I can't address the quality of content since I wasn't paying close attention.) That's what was so weird about the unexpected ending. Snorge wasn't being asked to do much which, as you pointed out, is exactly the way he likes it.   

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: MV on January 31, 2013, 10:22:34 AM

... based on what i'm able to see in his personality, i think he genuinely believes he can weather an art bell storm.  he's become convinced of his greatness.

You may be right. There's no doubt that Snorge is delusional.

McPhallus

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 31, 2013, 09:17:24 AM
Yup.  Could it have been unconscious, namely seeing Art's name brought the abject fear of his ride ending and he paused?  Also, could just mean he knows we are listening for it.

Noory is shitting in his boots.

Juan

Here's something I hadn't considered before.  Cheap Channel is in the artist management and promotion business.  A lot of people in the music business are very upset by this, thinking that Cheap Channel radio stations will play music only by Cheap Channel artists.

Could Cheap Channel be managing some of the infomercial guests that appear on Coast?  If so, that could mean that sNoory and Coast will be around for a long time.  Cheap Channel could consider the show a promotional cost for its artists.

lonevoice

i don't think george will panic... well, at least not at first.  based on what i'm able to see in his personality, i think he genuinely believes he can weather an art bell storm.  he's become convinced of his greatness.

So much this.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2013, 06:00:39 AM
I recall the guest last night mentioned he wouldn't leap to the conclusion that the ancient Egyptian Pyramids were built with help from ETs.
Noory then asked him if he was a 'skeptic' - that might have caused him to dump him after only an hour...

I've often thought that 'the guest' has heard enough from George, and just signs off .....

El Kragen

I listened for a minutes last night during the ride home . George asked JPW about "naked ghosts". Before he answered Snoory says something like: Now Joshua, you know I run this show like a boy scout. I don't do anything like those shock jocks and other radio broadcasters do. With that in mind tell me about "Naked Ghosts"

popple

They need to stop with this SOUND OFF crap. Last night a woman was complaining about the term "stay at home mom" and wanted everyone to start calling it "work at home mom". How does this even relate to what coast to coast is supposed to be about?  >:(

WOTR

It is also the Yes men he would surround himself with.  With that in mind, I invite Tommy to copy any of these to index cards for use during the next meal he shares with Noory.

Index card #1- You have made the show your own George through hard work and perseverance.
Index card #2- You have improved on Arts show and added stations.
Index card #3- Sure, a few people might follow Art; but just the haters and then your critics will be quiet.
Index card #4- Uh, would it help if I donned knee pads and got to work under the table?

Falkie2013

Quote from: popple on January 31, 2013, 12:56:10 PM
They need to stop with this SOUND OFF crap. Last night a woman was complaining about the term "stay at home mom" and wanted everyone to start calling it "work at home mom". How does this even relate to what coast to coast is supposed to be about?  >:(

We already have someone who works at home.

Snoory.

And hopefully one day we'll have someone far superior to Snoory who also worked at home with his wife.

ART BELL, KING of the airwaves, the ether and everything above, in between and inter-dimensional !

( Hmm, sounds like one of those old Republic serials, doesn't it ? )

I heard that one too. Hell, the election was 3 months ago and this woman went on and on in her nasal voiced whining.

Better she should have whined about how Snoory has taken down the program deeper than Mel's Hole.

I decided to listen last night and the guest kept saying " you're absolutely right " everytime Snoory would say something. It was like a damned love fest.

And then they had the guy pushing ethanol, while I have yet to see Snoory put on someone from an oil company to debate the guy. I worked in gas stations for years and heard horror stories how ethanol eats gaskets and other things.

I finally turned it off after the rant about work at home woman. I think the ranter should leave her house and not spend so much time ranting on the phone. G*d, I thought it was never going to end.

I hadn't turned on Coast for weeks because I can't stand listening to Snoory a

efore I listen to Coast again.

No more Snoory for me.

Oh, one more thing.

A few suggestions to rename Jorge's new audience paranormal show.

Beyond BS

and after last night's show where the guy was talking about the ancient's having honey with hallucinigenic powers ( wtf ? ) and that the honey sold in the stores is not REAL honey ...

Beyond Bzzzz's

and

Beyond Bee-lief

The farmer's markets here regularly sell honey that is organic. I put it on toast and in my hot tea for my sinusitis.

The store bought honey is cheaper and not as rich tasting as the stuff from the farmer's markets.

But to say it's not honey as if it comes from plastic bees or something is just ridiculous.

And it tastes the same on raisin bread to me.

Sheesh.

ItsOver

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 31, 2013, 09:21:47 AM

.....In any case, it was totally unprofessional of Snorge not to say a single word about why the scheduled guest was gone. I mean, even a simple apology for the sudden change in schedule without further comment would have been far more professional than saying nothing at all.....

Typical Noory.  Scheduled guest?  What guest?  I don't remember any guest.  Noory can't say professional, spell professional, or define professional.   And angels and portals are getting tired of being the cause of everything, Jorch.

Morgus

Noory seemed to want to dump his main scheduled guest because he was getting too deep and informative and Noory probably couldn't come up with any applicable dummy questions for him after less than an hour.
Thats why he must have brought on substitute guest, regular Joshua P. Warren, so Noory could ask his typical childish  questions like "is there a difference between a ghost and a demon?" :o

fysisist

Anybody ever catch the C2C teaser at around 11:45 pm pacific on KFI, where Noory calls in to tease his show with Tim Conway, JR?  Conway and Bender brought up Art Bell a few nights ago with Noory, did he stay in touch, were they friends, etc.  Noory was hemming and hawwing like a 14 yr old caught wacking off in the bathtub.  He was so clearly extremely uncomfortable that it was almost painful to listen to, but funny as hell at the same time.  I think he stated that he had never actually met Art Bell personally, which is not too surprising. 

Then in the opening segment of the show, Noory referred to Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi as Muammar Morsi.  I go weeks without hearing any C2C, but in the rare instances where I do happen to hear a few minutes of the show, Noory displays his ineptitude almost as soon as I start listening.  There is no bigger dope on the radio, I am quite certain. 

Neil

Quote from: Marc knight on January 31, 2013, 09:59:18 AM

"Well, that could be, too"

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2013, 03:02:34 PM

.....Thats why he must have brought on substitute guest, regular Joshua P. Warren, so Noory could ask his typical childish  questions like "is there a difference between a ghost and a demon?" :o

Noory sounds like a little kid who keeps asking "why is the sky blue."  It can be cute for a little kid but pretty aggravating when it comes from a clueless old moron.

Morgus

Quote from: fysisist on January 31, 2013, 03:07:47 PM
Anybody ever catch the C2C teaser at around 11:45 pm pacific on KFI, where Noory calls in to tease his show with Tim Conway, JR?  Conway and Bender brought up Art Bell a few nights ago with Noory, did he stay in touch, were they friends, etc.  Noory was hemming and hawwing like a 14 yr old caught wacking off in the bathtub.  He was so clearly extremely uncomfortable that it was almost painful to listen to, but funny as hell at the same time.  I think he stated that he had never actually met Art Bell personally, which is not too surprising. 
yeah that was posted about recently earlier in this thread.
however Noory did finally meet Art Bell face-to-face a few years back when Noory somehow got to be the one to introduce Art Bell on stage for his receipt of a broadcasting award.
There is even a photo of them sitting together at a table at that event thats been posted around here in some threads many times...

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on January 31, 2013, 03:27:48 PM
Noory sounds like a little kid who keeps asking "why is the sky blue."  It can be cute for a little kid but pretty aggravating when it comes from a clueless old moron.
Perhaps Noory's childish attitude and questions for paranormal guests indicate he believes his main audience consists of others at that same intelligence level?  8)

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2013, 03:42:43 PM
Perhaps Noory's childish attitude and questions for paranormal guests indicate he believes his main audience consists of others at that same intelligence level?  8)

As I've mentioned before, Morgus, Noory's turned C2C into some kind of a whack version of a kiddie show, IMO.  "Capt. Jorch's Playhouse."  ::)   Noory just doesn't have the maturity, depth, curiosity, or intelligence to host anything approaching a quality show.  He's the opposite of everything Art is as a radio host.  Noory is truly the "Anti-Art."

"Beany and Cecil Noory" has turned C2C into a kiddie's cartoon.  ::)

popple

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 31, 2013, 01:20:27 PM
and after last night's show where the guy was talking about the ancient's having honey with hallucinigenic powers ( wtf ? ) and that the honey sold in the stores is not REAL honey ...
Sheesh.

He threw out that "fact" without saying wtf the fake honey was made of.  Jorch let him off too.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 31, 2013, 01:20:27 PM
We already have someone who works at home.

Snoory.

And hopefully one day we'll have someone far superior to Snoory who also worked at home with his wife.

ART BELL, KING of the airwaves, the ether and everything above, in between and inter-dimensional !

( Hmm, sounds like one of those old Republic serials, doesn't it ? )

I heard that one too. Hell, the election was 3 months ago and this woman went on and on in her nasal voiced whining.

Better she should have whined about how Snoory has taken down the program deeper than Mel's Hole.

I decided to listen last night and the guest kept saying " you're absolutely right " everytime Snoory would say something. It was like a damned love fest.

And then they had the guy pushing ethanol, while I have yet to see Snoory put on someone from an oil company to debate the guy. I worked in gas stations for years and heard horror stories how ethanol eats gaskets and other things.

I finally turned it off after the rant about work at home woman. I think the ranter should leave her house and not spend so much time ranting on the phone. G*d, I thought it was never going to end.

I hadn't turned on Coast for weeks because I can't stand listening to Snoory a

efore I listen to Coast again.

No more Snoory for me.

Oh, one more thing.

A few suggestions to rename Jorge's new audience paranormal show.

Beyond BS

Beyond Bzzzz's

and

Beyond Bee-lief

The farmer's markets here regularly sell honey that is organic. I put it on toast and in my hot tea for my sinusitis.

The store bought honey is cheaper and not as rich tasting as the stuff from the farmer's markets.

But to say it's not honey as if it comes from plastic bees or something is just ridiculous.

And it tastes the same on raisin bread to me.

Sheesh.

No, it's not real honey. It comes from plastic bees!  :o

Lmao

That's rich!  ;D

ZombiePoppa

Quote from: popple on January 31, 2013, 12:56:10 PM

Amen. Sound Off is the worst. Snoory needs to go have his little Uncle Georgie's Fun Tyme Radio Show somefuckingwhere else. This is Coast to goddamn Coast.

I'm also sick of the split shows. And it's always with an interesting guest. I don't tune in to hear a single hour from the guest, then an hour of asinine calls from losers who are all convinced a demon is after them.

Max_TO

George is nothing more than a bad actor who thinks that he is a lot more than he really is.

And if that wasn't bad enough, his tries so hard to have others sing his praises, as he tries to climb out from under Arts shadow.

I am really liking this add poll feature. You all can thank me for the Noory masturbation question. Answer correctly! Probably should forward the results to Premiere and maybe Art Bell too. Might explain some of the dead air.

Noory has one response to any criticism of his show: haters. I don't hate the numpty, but I despise the way he rode C2C right into the rabbit hole with his quacks, political 'experts', apocalypse whores and dolts like the Numbers Lady.

He's an intellectual lightweight, incapable of deep thought on any subject and all too willing to take the lazy way out with the show where Art was always engaged, informed and enthusiastic. C2C doesn't mean to Noory what it did to Art. I think it's a sign of success to him instead of an occupation he truly loves and devotes himself to. All the personal appearances, the silly Gaiam internet tv spot, the singing on stage: it's always about him rather than C2C. To him, the show is just a vehicle, a means to an end, and when he's challenged by anything, whether it's a listener who calls him on his crap or an guest who is outside his limited range, he immediately retreats into victim mode or else shuts them down and brings out the crap he's familiar with, like he did with last night's guest.

If he shits in his boots over Art's return, he's got no one to blame but himself.