Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

b_dubb

Noory sucks AND he's a liar. Or deluded. Or both

stevesh

Quote from: Sardondi on June 21, 2012, 11:26:48 AM

Seriously? Did Noory actually suggest someone break into a drug store and talk his way out of arrest pleading poverty?! Did he really say this?

He did. The caller (a whiny little creep who has called before with the same 'question', suggesting to me that's he's a C2C troll and may not even have a child) said his son was a insulin-dependent diabetic and he (the father) couldn't afford insulin, so he asked Noory (and, presumably, the guest) if it was moral to break into a pharmacy and steal the drugs. Simple George assured him it was, and did say that his defense (at-the-scene and in court) should be need.

I'll defer to your legal experience, but I'm thinking he couldn't do his alleged son much good from a jail cell.

As for Simple George, having spent years dispensing medical advice he isn't even remotely qualified to provide, legal advice probably sounds like a gimme.

stevesh

Sorry to reply to my own post, but it just occured to me that this 'caller' may well have been one of the paid actors C2C obviously uses to provide fodder for Noory's inanity. Hell, that call could have been a recording of the mope's previous effort, presented as a gopher ball for Simple George to hit out of the park. If true, it's the saddest thing I can imagine.

preston

Quote from: stevesh on June 21, 2012, 12:10:55 PM
He did. The caller (a whiny little creep who has called before with the same 'question', suggesting to me that's he's a C2C troll and may not even have a child) said his son was a insulin-dependent diabetic and he (the father) couldn't afford insulin, so he asked Noory (and, presumably, the guest) if it was moral to break into a pharmacy and steal the drugs. Simple George assured him it was, and did say that his defense (at-the-scene and in court) should be need.

I'll defer to your legal experience, but I'm thinking he couldn't do his alleged son much good from a jail cell.

As for Simple George, having spent years dispensing medical advice he isn't even remotely qualified to provide, legal advice probably sounds like a gimme.
After he spoke to the caller e then asked Mr.Warren what he thought.Mr.Warren said he did not codone any thing that resulted in breaking the law.,and Noron said something like not even to save your child.Mr Warren also mentioned te same thing about it wouldn't do anyone any good if e was behind bars.

As always, George is talking through his blowhole. There are several legitimate avenues towards getting low cost or free insulin. One is through the prescribing doctor who may be able to supply samples through his medical representative contacts, the second is through the drug manufacturer, all of which have programs that supply low cost or free drugs to eligible people and, though I can't personally vouch for it, there's also an organization called Partnership for Prescription Assistance which is an alliance of drug manufacturers that also helps people out.

And this brasspole encouraged the father to steal from the pharmacy.  ::)   I hope the moron is also down with providing bail for dad when he gets caught.

George Noory sucks. And he's stupid, which is worse.

ziznak

Has any recent show not sucked?  I haven't been listening but thought maybe the mafia show or the ventura stuff might be interesting-ish...

OH and now I'm addicted to Penn and Teller vids on you-tube.

really loved these two!!!

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on June 21, 2012, 12:10:55 PM
He did...

Words fail me. I simply cannot comprehend. The man has the mind of a child. After years of dispensing medical and financial advice he's now added legal advice; and he's hitting the trifecta by telling this guy The Noory System for handling his financial, medical and legal problems all in one stroke.

I can just see George's cv:

George Noory 
     B.A. in BS - Radio College of The Air
     C.F.P. in financial planning - Guido's Bullion Barn, Las Vegas, Nevada
     M.D. - personal study under Dr. Drew via Huluâ,,¢; work/study GNC, Waterside Mall, Secaucus, NJ
     J. D. - Velvet Jones School of Practical Lawyerology & Foxy Lady Management, Riker's Island Adjunct campus, NYC
     Currently engaged in Integrated Practice of Medicine, Financial Planning and Law, P.O. Box 1, Radioland, America
     Additional - "nice guy"; father died mere 7 months ago; disbeliever in coincidence

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on June 21, 2012, 05:33:36 PM...And this brasspole encouraged the father to steal from the pharmacy.  ::)   I hope the moron is also down with providing bail for dad when he gets caught....

Or doing his sentence....

Judge: Well, Mr. Idiot, the jury has found you guilty of robbing a pharmacy. Do you have anything to say before i pronounce sentence?

Mr. Idiot: Oh, Judge, I just wish I hadn't ever listened to that moron, George Noory. He's the one who urged me to rob the pharmacy! I never would have done it if he hadn't advised me to. He said the police let me go because it was okay to steal insulin for my child if I didn't have the money to buy it!

Judge: What?! And ignore all the programs to get the insulin for free, legally?!?! Well that's outrageous! Lucky for you this state has just introduced Sentence Substitution. In those cases where a radio talk show host recommends committing a crime, then the judge may substitute the radio talk show host to serve the sentence imposed for the crime. It all depends on whether the judge finds the radio host was unusually stupid, ignorant irresponsible in making the recommendation to break the law. Lucky for you the man who told you to break the law was the greatest jackass radio has ever known. Go home to your family, Mr. Idiot; George Noory will be serving your 10 years for you....   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, another warm and happy go-to-sleep fantasy...

Quote from: ziznak on June 21, 2012, 07:17:42 PM
Has any recent show not sucked?  I haven't been listening but thought maybe the mafia show or the ventura stuff might be interesting-ish...

OH and now I'm addicted to Penn and Teller vids on you-tube.

really loved these two!!!

Has any recent show not sucked ?? Nope. It has been a deplorably boring year for shows besides a few Knapp programs. Incidentally, Knapp's Sunday show this weekend could be ok

Quote from: Sardondi on June 21, 2012, 08:33:37 PM
Judge: What?! And ignore all the programs to get the insulin for free, legally?!?! Well that's outrageous! Lucky for you this state has just introduced Sentence Substitution. In those cases where a radio talk show host recommends committing a crime, then the judge may substitute the radio talk show host to serve the sentence imposed for the crime. It all depends on whether the judge finds the radio host was unusually stupid, ignorant irresponsible in making the recommendation to break the law. Lucky for you the man who told you to break the law was the greatest jackass radio has ever known. Go home to your family, Mr. Idiot; George Noory will be serving your 10 years for you....   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, another warm and happy go-to-sleep fantasy...

Agreed to all of the above, and instant karma would dictate that Curious George be incarcerated in the same cell as his pedo call-in admirer whose number he wanted for a future show. 

CoastCanuck

Tonight's show is advertised as being hosted by GN.  He is appearing in Toronto tomorrow.  Will there be 4 live hours tonight?

Quote from: CoastCanuck on June 22, 2012, 05:50:03 PM
Tonight's show is advertised as being hosted by GN.  He is appearing in Toronto tomorrow.  Will there be 4 live hours tonight?
I predict no.

Morgus

Quote from: CoastCanuck on June 22, 2012, 05:50:03 PM
I predict just like last Friday, Noory will split early and without announcing he is doing so, the last hour will be some old replay of open lines.

Quote from: Morgus on June 22, 2012, 08:48:50 PM
I predict just like last Friday, Noory will split early and without announcing he is doing so, the last hour will be some old replay of open lines.

Maybe he'll play some classic Art Bell. Yeah. Don't get ready for that.

DAE

I am confused... how come the Coast producers are not taking anti-George feedback seriously? Is it due to that corporate mindset whereby if a person complains they are viewed only as a 'troublemaker'?  Good grief, all the feedback here is like a goldmine of opportunity for them.  Like not even the basics of George's problems are addressed, like jumping around from topic to topic too much while the guest hasn't finished explaining something.  Very strange how over so many years I am not really observing even any minimal improvement.

His cue cards should be limited to 1 per guest, with the major topics listed. If forced to wing it, most likely his style will change as he forced to listen and learn.

Wait... what am I saying.  lol

Scully

Quote from: preston on June 21, 2012, 06:42:26 AM
I tuned in during the last hour and did I hear Noron tell a listener that he should
break into a drug store to get his son insulin and then if the police showed up he
should tell the officer that he couldn't afford it and the officer should help him?

I can barely bring myself to (sort of) come to the defense of this GN story, but the caller's hypothesis was regarding what he should do if we had been  hit with an EMP or any disaster-producing event that would stop him from being able to obtain insulin for his son.  He wanted to know if it would be immoral to steal insulin under those circumstances.  It was a wild ride with Simple George "battling" Joshua P. on the subject.  As usual, when GN didn't get his way, he cut to break and then came back with no further mention of the subject.

I went back to check myself on this.  Anyone else so inclined will find it at the 13:38 mark on the 4th hour of the Wednesday, June 20 show.

DAE

Check this out from the Coast website regarding George's upcoming events:

"Paradigm Symposium - Minneapolis, Minnesota - George will be a Symposium speaker, along with Ian Punnett, and other luminaries."

Now here is the definition of luminaries:

n. pl. lu·mi·nar·ies

1. An object, such as a celestial body, that gives light.
2. A person who is an inspiration to others.
3. A person who has achieved eminence in a specific field.

lol

Last night's show was so bad. George was interviewing Laird Scranton - I only listened through two or three commercial breaks...and GN had absolutely nothing in the way of meaningful, interesting questions to ask. He jumped from subject to subject, usual cue-card question to question, and whenever there was an awkward pause, simply reiterated what the guest had JUST SAID, but in the form of a question. He also reminded us that he doesn't believe in coincidences.

Scranton was talking about a scientist named Velikovsky, a colleague of Einstein's, who had a theory on how parts of the solar system were formed. It had to do with Venus actually being a product of a collision of some object with Jupiter, and poor GN just couldn't wrap his head around it, at all.

Fortunately the guest had a lot to say and sensed that GN didn't know what the fuck to do, so he played along pretty well. But goddamn. There should never be any guests that will talk about science on C2C when George Snoory is hosting. He just  can't pay attention.

In stark contrast, I watched the Colbert Report yesterday or the day before, with Dr. Lawrence Krauss as a guest, who I am sure you have all heard of, I believe he has been on C2C before. He's a cosmologist. Anyhow Colbert, who normally deals with topics in politics, asked interesting questions even as he 'berated' the atheist Krauss, and was even able to sum up what Krauss was saying! Now of course Colbert is brilliant, but asking interesting questions is what any person who hosts a talk program should be able to do!

George Noory sucks.

ziznak

ah man who is this idiot... talking trash to this poor widow.  finding pennies means you husband crossed over??? when you hear a song that makes you think about him thats actually his ghost playing that song for you??? Nice to think random shit means your loved one is still hanging around but cmon now... wtf

HAL 9000

Quote from: ziznak on June 22, 2012, 11:47:02 PMah man who is this idiot... talking trash to this poor widow.  finding pennies means you husband crossed over??? when you hear a song that makes you think about him thats actually his ghost playing that song for you??? Nice to think random shit means your loved one is still hanging around but cmon now... wtf

I can't believe I'm listening to this shit - gonna be off in 5 minutes. Below you can see the guest, Rob Gutro, and his new bride Tom.

[attach=2][attach=3]

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-01-21/news/1001200085_1_jeff-jerome-poe-house-poe-toaster

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sardondi

Quote from: Scully on June 22, 2012, 11:12:58 PM

I can barely bring myself to (sort of) come to the defense of this GN story, but the caller's hypothesis was regarding what he should do if we had been  hit with an EMP or any disaster-producing event that would stop him from being able to obtain insulin for his son.  He wanted to know if it would be immoral to steal insulin under those circumstances.  It was a wild ride with Simple George "battling" Joshua P. on the subject.  As usual, when GN didn't get his way, he cut to break and then came back with no further mention of the subject.

I went back to check myself on this.  Anyone else so inclined will find it at the 13:38 mark on the 4th hour of the Wednesday, June 20 show.

I feel violated. Of course this is a completely different circumstance than if the caller merely couldn't afford the insulin. Now I have to ask how in hell preston could have found anything objectionable about Noory's advice. I can only presume he tuned in after this was mentioned and he didn't hear about the EMP, because everyone recognizes that would excuse anything you had to do to get it, including IMO murder.

It's unfortunate this happened, because George does plenty on his own without anyone having to twist his words. Obvously a huge EMP is a game-changer & all bets are off if essential services breakdown. Then it's every man for himself. But if you have to go break into to a pharmacy, you'd better be prepared to kill whoever is there to stop you, because they will be. It would be martial law and I doubt police...or NG or active duty soldiers...will care to listen to dozens of stories from people who say they need stuff. It would just be a horrible disaster and people would die.

Damn I wish I could go back and remove my comment.

ziznak

Quote from: HAL 9000 on June 22, 2012, 11:59:07 PM
I can't believe I'm listening to this shit - gonna be off in 5 minutes. Below you can see the guest, Rob Gutro, and his new bride Tom.

[attach=2][attach=3]

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-01-21/news/1001200085_1_jeff-jerome-poe-house-poe-toaster
really??? I would think he would be wearing the dress... go figure man my gaydar didn't even blink... all these spiritual types sound gay to me.  Did I hear this guy say he shows up at wakes and then gives the mourning family messages from their dead relative?? I think I heard something like that but by the time my spidey sense went "Wait... what!?!?" these farts were on to some other stupid drivel.

Scully

Quote from: Sardondi on June 23, 2012, 12:20:59 AM
I feel violated. Of course this is a completely different circumstance than if the caller merely couldn't afford the insulin. Now I have to ask how in hell preston could have found anything objectionable about Noory's advice. I can only presume he tuned in after this was mentioned and he didn't hear about the EMP, because everyone recognizes that would excuse anything you had to do to get it, including IMO murder.

It's unfortunate this happened, because George does plenty on his own without anyone having to twist his words. Obvously a huge EMP is a game-changer & all bets are off if essential services breakdown. Then it's every man for himself. But if you have to go break into to a pharmacy, you'd better be prepared to kill whoever is there to stop you, because they will be. It would be martial law and I doubt police...or NG or active duty soldiers...will care to listen to dozens of stories from people who say they need stuff. It would just be a horrible disaster and people would die.

Damn I wish I could go back and remove my comment.

In defense of Preston, his post was a question, and it was an easy mistake to make.  The caller was truly a "whiny" sounding fellow who didn't enunciate very well, and that was the first part of his story.  It was easy to miss.

Quote from: Scully on June 23, 2012, 12:43:41 AM

In defense of Preston, his post was a question, and it was an easy mistake to make.  The caller was truly a "whiny" sounding fellow who didn't enunciate very well, and that was the first part of his story.  It was easy to miss.

Now I feel bad about jumping all over Noory  since it was a hypothetical question the caller asked, and EMP would be a gamechanger. There definitely would be chaos, and since insulin is life or death for diabetics, all bets are off when it comes to procuring the stuff for your kid. I would hope, vainly I suppose, that our emergency response preparations would take that into account and have supplies available in hospitals and pharmacies, but as Sardoni says, it would be martial law and very, very frightening.

Gassy Man

i go away for a week or so to do an Advanced Placement reading and when I return, tune in to Coast to Coast . . . to find that it has descended even further into a morass of stunning tediousness.

Juan

I had the misfortune of hearing some of the open lines Friday show.  I couldn't believe how awful it was - the callers rambled through long, pointless stories.  Compare the callers to the Art Bell callers from the late 90s.  Proof positive that the world is getting stupider by the minute.

Of course sNoory let them ramble.  And he sucks.

preston

Quote from: Scully on June 22, 2012, 11:12:58 PM

Thanks for clearing this up.You are correct I did not hear the part about if a EMP were to take place.

onan

I am pretty sure the caller was fake.

Insulin is an important medicine. Don't get me wrong. But not getting insulin for a day is rarely if ever a fatal condition. the body needs insulin to get sugar into cells for metabolism. If there is no insulin don't give the diabetic any carbohydrates... it is usually that simple. Type 1 diabetics are most often the insulin users. Type 2 diabetics do sometimes need insulin as well; however that is usually because those type 2 are not following a cautious diet. In fact, use of insulin without the proper diet follow up is more dangerous than not getting a dose of insulin.

What is more scary than not having insulin is not having the ability to monitor blood sugar levels. EMP's may well disrupt most of the "finger stick" measuring instruments. So there is that. But all the tv shows with the "the kidnapped child will die without their insulin" is bunk melodrama.

Again, insulin is important for a diabetic. But it is a much safer strategy to go to an emergency room and state I don't have any insulin than it is to rob a pharmacy.

I don't expect noory to understand medicine (or tie his shoes for that matter) but does it take a rocket scientist to suggest emergent care is safer than stealing?

Juan

onan, you obviously haven't been paying attention.  Don't you know that part of the global elites' plan to reduce the earth's population to 500,000 people is to deny us "healthcare?" Obviously we can't just show up at an emergency room and get insulin - that doesn't fit into any conspiracy theory I've ever heard.  Don't argue facts with sNoory.

BTW, I've never understood the argument that the global elite, the people who make and sell everything, want to reduce the earth's population drastically.  Wouldn't that also reduce their market and, thus, their profits?  Also, if they're going to reduce the population, why not go all the way to 144,000, as in The Revelation?

Maybe I'll write a book on that topic and see if I can get on Coast.  Though I don't know if I can talk enough to hold up an interview by sNoory.