• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

b_dubb

i think george would be into dirty paranormal stories.  dirty naughty paranormal stories.  to supplement the cokehead strippers that have become a staple of his post work relaxation regimen

Jasmine

Quote from: stevesh on January 12, 2012, 09:53:53 AM
I was going to say that even Simple George couldn't fuck up a show like that, but he's such a prude that he wouldn't even be able to read his index cards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't George announce surprise guests a while back by stating they were coming in "through the back door"? LOL! He used this phrase a couple of times, until me thinks someone at the studio had to enlighten him on the sordid meaning of the phrase.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 12, 2012, 10:58:18 AM
i think george would be into dirty paranormal stories.  dirty naughty paranormal stories.  to supplement the cokehead strippers that have become a staple of his post work relaxation regimen

I should call in with this one. Believe it or not (tis true) I once had a completely psycho, needy female roommate, who swore a ghost named Henry visited her at least three times per week at night while she lay in bed, and laid her. She'd come out of her bedroom in the morning, all happy and refreshed, and proceed to tell me that Henry pleased her like no living man ever did. I suppose Henry could toss a good salad!

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Jasmine on January 12, 2012, 08:47:58 AM
"Independent researcher, and expert in mythology and lost civilizations, Pat Chouinard, will share his hypothesis about an ancient race of Giants, as well discuss elves and ogres. He'll also present his contention that ancient civilizations like Atlantis and Lemuria did actually exist."

I read this quickly the first time, and I swear to Buddha I thought I read "as well discuss elves and orgies" !! Now that would have made for an enthralling show topic.

Dear Mr. Keebler, exactly what does go on in that treehouse? Those elves are fudge packers.

Keebler Cookies - "Oh, Fudge!" (Commercial, 1980)

Jasmine

Thanks, Wild Card Guy. You have single-handedly destroyed my up until now savored afternoon comfort food snack of fudge brownies and a glass of whole milk! You, sir, are despicable!  ;)

fysisist

Quote from: Morgus on January 12, 2012, 01:57:39 AM
One of tonight's c2c guests just asked Noory if he does readings for people.
Does she think Noory is a psychic? Wonder how she thought that?
Noory did tell her that he has done healing with his hands a couple times though, but doesn't do that anymore.  :o

I think the only hands on that Noory is capable of is of the masturbatory variety. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Jasmine on January 12, 2012, 11:39:09 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't George announce surprise guests a while back by stating they were coming in "through the back door"? LOL! He used this phrase a couple of times, until me thinks someone at the studio had to enlighten him on the sordid meaning of the phrase.

I should call in with this one. Believe it or not (tis true) I once had a completely psycho, needy female roommate, who swore a ghost named Henry visited her at least three times per week at night while she lay in bed, and laid her. She'd come out of her bedroom in the morning, all happy and refreshed, and proceed to tell me that Henry pleased her like no living man ever did. I suppose Henry could toss a good salad!
ewwwwww.  do ghosts use breath mints?  was your psycho roommate a super religious type?  maybe the ghost was just her guilt about masturbating?  according to the mormons ... every time you masturbate god kills a kitten.  and every time mitt romney get's laid he straps a dog to the roof of his car and drives to canada

George last night, "There sure are good gods. Are there bad gods as well?"

The female guest, "Um...HAHA! I mean...sure" then went on to talk about the roles of gods in different societies.

Morgus

Quote from: thefamilyghost on January 12, 2012, 03:32:49 PM
Remember that recently a caller called Noory himself a god. Which type of god is he?  :P

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Jasmine on January 12, 2012, 12:14:32 PM
Thanks, Wild Card Guy. You have single-handedly destroyed my up until now savored afternoon comfort food snack of fudge brownies and a glass of whole milk! You, sir, are despicable!  ;)

Then simply switch to organic yogurt and mango juice. ;)

Quote from: thefamilyghost on January 12, 2012, 03:32:49 PM

How many ways can one define the word imbecile? Good God. (pardon the pun).

I have to admit the program dealing with American war veterans and their horrific uranium depletion related illnesses and PTSD (according to guests Joyce Riley and Doug Rokke) was an eye-opener. The numbers they were throwing out there re physiological conditons blew my mind. I was so dumbfounded by their stats that I effectively blocked out Noory for the entire program and focused my attention on these two speakers, both of whom came across very well.

Quote from: Morgus on January 12, 2012, 03:49:20 PM
Doom&gloomer Noory would love all this info:
How to speak Apocalypse: A terminology primer

One excerpt from that link:

Camping Rapture
Evangelist and religious broadcaster Harold Camping predicted the Rapture would take place on May 21, 2011, which would have righteous believers of Jesus Christ rising up to heaven, followed by a five-month period of torment on Earth brought on by the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. On October 21, 2011, the world was then supposed to end. Camping had previously made predictions for 1988 and 1994. “Harold Camping is probably the most successful date-setting apocalypticist the world has yet seen,” Hall said.

How much do you want to bet that George would interpret the above as Christians who are called to glory while on a camping trip?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on January 12, 2012, 03:56:11 PM

I have to admit the program dealing with American war veterans and their horrific uranium depletion related illnesses and PTSD (according to guests Joyce Riley and Doug Rokke) was an eye-opener. The numbers they were throwing out there re physiological conditons blew my mind. I was so dumbfounded by their stats that I effectively blocked out Noory for the entire program and focused my attention on these two speakers, both of whom came across very well.
I had a hard time believing the two guests on tuesday night going on about horror stories about ME vets.  Too typical of Noory's gloom and doom conspiracy obsession. There's no shortage of major media reporters who are anti-military and anti-war; they'd be on a story with numbers like the guests threw around like flies on horse manure.   And I have acquaintances who go to the VA for medical care and they rave about VA improvements in the past few years since Gen. Shinseki was put in charge.

Quote from: Morgus on January 12, 2012, 01:57:39 AM
Noory did tell her that he has done healing with his hands a couple times though, but doesn't do that anymore.  :o

Is that what folks are calling it these days?

Sardondi

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on January 12, 2012, 03:41:03 AM
I have heard this story 2 or 3 times.  Seems George was in a bar and saw some acquaintance who had cancer (throat cancer/tongue cancer?, can’t remember).  George had a sudden desire to put his hands on the guy’s head.  He told him it was just something he had to do.  He saw the guy again several months later and asked how he was doing.  Surprise!  His cancer was totally gone!...

George has healing in his hands. He was told that by his aunt, the very, very famous Dr. Spastica Arugula. And did you know she once worked very closely with PeeWee Herman? Yes, there are truly no such things as coincidences.

Quote from: stevesh on January 12, 2012, 09:53:53 AM(Talking about elves and orgies)
I was going to say that even Simple George couldn't fuck up a show like that, but he's such a prude that he wouldn't even be able to read his index cards.

Thta's just George's on-air persona. what he's he's actually doing while giving one of those "we run a family show" statements is standing naked in two pots of warm butter as je watches naked dwarf hookers wrestle in a kiddie pool of chocolate pudding.

Sardondi

Tune in now! This giant guy is drunk! Oh this is too good!

WOTR

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 12, 2012, 06:34:00 PM
I had a hard time believing the two guests on tuesday night going on about horror stories about ME vets.  Too typical of Noory's gloom and doom conspiracy obsession.
I took a minute to look at beyond treason and hit the "power mall" where it would appear that Joyce pushes the products that appear on her "the power hour" show.  I would feel better about the information her DVD contained if it were not directed by the director of 911: In plane site (William Lewis.)  In plane site is yet another DVD the site has for sale.  The co-host of Joyces' "the power hour" radio program was the producer (Dave vonKleist). 

What else does the good Joyce Riley push at her "powermall?"  A small sampling includes books and DVD's with titles such as "Cured my Cancer", "Colloidal silver today", "Horrors of Vaccination", "Alternatives to dentists" (I wonder if it has anything to do with your teeth falling out?) along side of other information packed trash.  They also probably sell every supplement that Noory takes and his survival supplies in their mall.

I am now tempted to take a look at the other guest to see if he is equally as credible.  It's a shame- the guests both seemed lucid and Noory actually seemed to be making an effort (don't worry- he still sucked...)

Morgus

Uh-oh, Noory is now going to callers for his main guest an hour early.
Thats usually a sign he is going to dump his guest early and go to open lines or another guest for the last hour?

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on January 13, 2012, 02:09:26 AM
Uh-oh, Noory is now going to callers for his main guest an hour early.
Thats usually a sign he is going to dump his guest early and go to open lines or another guest for the last hour?

Yep, if George is hitting the eject button an hour early then I'm not the only one who thinks Pat Chouinard is drunk. Nothing like having a drink or ten before being a guest on CTC, just to settle your nerves and ensure that you're so very witty, handsome and intelligent during your slot. ;)

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on January 13, 2012, 02:09:26 AM
Uh-oh, Noory is now going to callers for his main guest an hour early...
Quote from: Sardondi on January 13, 2012, 02:35:47 AM
...Pat Chouinard is drunk...

Another show on ancient civilizations? Didn't he do one yesterday? I counted three "something happened," two "who knows?," and one "do you think we'll ever find a live dinosaur?" I don't know if Pat Chouinard was drunk, but if you're gonna sit around and make stuff up, you may as well be. Eventually George actually gets around to the subject of "evidence." It went like this:
     George: "Lets talk about evidence. What's out there that you find compelling?"
     Pat: "It's all around us. We just have to open our eyes and see it."
     George: "It is out there, isn't it?"
     Pat: "Yeah."
     George: "Yeah."
     Huh? What? Is that it? Did I miss something? If the "streamlink" came with an option of a "weekend only" edition, George would get his ass handed to him.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Sardondi on January 13, 2012, 01:23:46 AM
Tune in now! This giant guy is drunk! Oh this is too good!

When he said something (forget what) was "obsequious" but obviously meant "ubiquitous," I thought he was just a perfect match for Jorch.

Hadn't thought of the "drunk" angle. 

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 12, 2012, 06:34:00 PM
I had a hard time believing the two guests on tuesday night going on about horror stories about ME vets.  Too typical of Noory's gloom and doom conspiracy obsession. There's no shortage of major media reporters who are anti-military and anti-war; they'd be on a story with numbers like the guests threw around like flies on horse manure.   And I have acquaintances who go to the VA for medical care and they rave about VA improvements in the past few years since Gen. Shinseki was put in charge.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this. I think that over the years since Snoory took the helm at C2C, some have lowered their opinion of show (rightfully so) but as well have negated the infromation provided by some guests (not the obvious quacks). A lot of people, including myself, continue to tune into C2C simply because there is no other non-mainstream program out there that encompasses many of the topics the show handles. I think it's fair to say that, for some of the reputable guests, they suffer the same dilemma: they have research/information that the mainstream media will quickly disregard, thus they seek an alternate outlet to get their message out. To reiterate, I'm not speaking of the Richard C. Hoaglands, the numbers lady, etc. I also take issue with the mind-set that everything is rosy with the returning vets, and that all is great at the vet hospitals...not by a long shot. Anyway, I digress.

Inana

Today I finally became fed up to the teeth with putting up with George Noory's inane, fatuous, non-sensical, uninformed, illiterate, egotistical, arrogant and just plain stupid radio hostmanship.  I went to Google and typed in "dump george noory" and found this place as a likely venue.  Being a total newbie here, I don't know if it's already been discussed, but is there any kind of coordinated focus towards getting him off our dear C2C program?  What effective actions can we take as individual listeners, subscribed or not, to get him booted off?  Every big stupid blooper he makes, I keep thinking this can't go on, but he just stays and stays.  I wonder if there's behind the scenes stuff going on that gives him some kind of control beyond his usefulness?  Where is our leverage, as loyal followers of C2C?  What can we do??!!

b_dubb

It has been discussed at length. The general consensus is that the only real course of action is to write letters to the advertisers explaining how they're pissing away their ad dollars on a show made unlistenable by the host

Inana

Nothing coordinated then?  How about if we compile a list of the correct contact information for all the advertisers and program honchos, work up a boilerplate text people can copy into their emails and tell all our friends to start an avalanche of, not hate, but intense dislike mail, respectfully requesting the ouster of one George Noory.

Vulhala

I'd do it. I've tried something kind of similar before though and it got us (different forum) nowhere.

Inana

Can anyone think of an occasion when it did work?  Find out what they did and repeat.  It would be amazing if what the majority of listeners thought didn't matter to the sponsors.

Quote from: Inana on January 13, 2012, 01:28:33 PM
Can anyone think of an occasion when it did work?  Find out what they did and repeat.  It would be amazing if what the majority of listeners thought didn't matter to the sponsors.

I'm in if there is a concerted effort to get rid of Noory, I think we all would be.

Here are a couple things I've surmised - look at the advertisers, a lot of gloom and doom end of the world stuff, non-hybrid seeds, gold hoarders, safes, storable foods, I don't see them asking PremRat to get rid of George Noory - they love the fear he generates (I could be a little behind here, not listening for over a year he may have different sponsors now).  The other thing is C2C is sold to radio stations as a package - if they want Rush, they gotta take Noory.  And the stations are happy to have content, any content, for late night.  It saves them money and gets at least ok ratings in a time slot considered a radio wasteland.  Many of the sponsors advertise on most or all of the programs 24 hours a day, they must get a package deal but are mostly interested in commute hour drive time shows and probably don't really care about some moron on in the middle of the night.

And George is reliable and will do what he's told.  He's stable - everyone knows he isn't going to be hired away to someting better.

Ok, now I have to go puke.

BobGrau

Quote from: Inana on January 13, 2012, 12:49:50 PM
Today I finally became fed up to the teeth with putting up with George Noory's inane, fatuous, non-sensical, uninformed, illiterate, egotistical, arrogant and just plain stupid radio hostmanship.  I went to Google and typed in "dump george noory" and found this place as a likely venue.  Being a total newbie here, I don't know if it's already been discussed, but is there any kind of coordinated focus towards getting him off our dear C2C program?  What effective actions can we take as individual listeners, subscribed or not, to get him booted off?  Every big stupid blooper he makes, I keep thinking this can't go on, but he just stays and stays.  I wonder if there's behind the scenes stuff going on that gives him some kind of control beyond his usefulness?  Where is our leverage, as loyal followers of C2C?  What can we do??!!

Since these people only care about market forces, the only practical way to register discontent with Noory is if everyone (I don't mean here, I doubt many Coastgabbers pay 'pennies a day') stopped subscribing in drastic amounts. This would kill the show along with Noory's career tho.

(hic) anyone fancy a drink?

b_dubb

letter writing campaigns HAVE saved tv series from being cancelled

Tonight, "recipes from the dead". I mean it.

Jesus fuck.

Quote from: valdez on January 13, 2012, 07:01:24 AM
   Eventually George actually gets around to the subject of "evidence." It went like this:
     George: "Lets talk about evidence. What's out there that you find compelling?"
     Pat: "It's all around us. We just have to open our eyes and see it."
     George: "It is out there, isn't it?"
     Pat: "Yeah."
     George: "Yeah."

Finally, a guest who speaks to George's level.