• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Afixer

If Noory needs a fresh theme song, the one from this show works perfectly...

Afixer

Quote from: Afixer on July 16, 2011, 08:04:45 PM

...stupid me. You gotta be closing in on retirement age to remember Mickey. So for the youngsters here ...

Mickey Mouse Club Theme Song

anagrammy

Quote from: Afixer on July 16, 2011, 08:04:45 PM

I used to rush home from school in sixth grade to watch the Mouseketeers Club.  I always played Annette when we pretende we were Mouseketeers and did the role call.  The cute boy in the top row on the very left starred in his own show that followed after, called "Spin and Marty" which was another can't miss.  When I got a little older, it was American Bandstand.  The kids all watched the same shows so we talked about them at school.  It was a bonding experience because we were all close in age to the Mouseketeers. 

It makes me wonder if kids are trying to find that same common experience when they Twitter what they are doing/watching to their friends.  I'm glad I grew up when I did--it was a great, safe time to be a child in America.

Anagrammy

Afixer

Quote from: anagrammy on July 16, 2011, 10:14:53 PM
I used to rush home from school in sixth grade to watch the Mouseketeers Club.  I always played Annette when we pretende we were Mouseketeers and did the role call.  The cute boy in the top row on the very left starred in his own show that followed after, called "Spin and Marty" which was another can't miss.  When I got a little older, it was American Bandstand.  The kids all watched the same shows so we talked about them at school.  It was a bonding experience because we were all close in age to the Mouseketeers. 

It makes me wonder if kids are trying to find that same common experience when they Twitter what they are doing/watching to their friends.  I'm glad I grew up when I did--it was a great, safe time to be a child in America.

Anagrammy

You're right Ana, it was a magical time to grow up in the good ol' USA...no "drive-bys". I have grandchildren who's parents are afraid to let them out of their sight. Poor kids. We used to stay out until dark. Loved Dick Clark. Great show!

Tara

Anagrammy

I loved Mickey Mouse Club.  I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade and I remember I quit my dancing class because it conflicted with the show.  Even my mother would sing the song:  M I C K E Y   M O U S E. 

Lovely Bones

The cute boy in the top row on the very left starred in his own show that followed after, called "Spin and Marty" which was another can't miss. 

Odd what little trivia your brain will remember.  Even before I scrolled to your post, I had picked out Tim Considine's photo (had to google to remember his name, though).  I used to watch this series and another I bet no one remembers, Corky and the White Shadow:

It was a simple, but complex, time in life for little girls, torn among an attraction to boys, horses, and dogs.  Disney did a great job in those years of providing an innocent introduction to male/female relationships. 

OMG!  White Shadow.  You're right, I had forgotten.  Disney is what kicked me over the top in my love of animals. 
Back before we all knew all the secrets and personal information about movie stars.........(wistful sigh)  :)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Treading Water on July 17, 2011, 08:18:13 AM
OMG!  White Shadow.  You're right, I had forgotten.  Disney is what kicked me over the top in my love of animals. 
Back before we all knew all the secrets and personal information about movie stars.........(wistful sigh)  :)

Heh heh . . . secret confessions of GNS posters: TW and LB are closet White Shadow and Spin and Marty fans. 

To confess fully, my brain remembered White Shadow as part of Spin and Marty, but it's a brain that's getting to be older than dirt. 

Yeah, it was a better time before the paparazzi and TMI about the movie stars.  And I seriously don't wanna know about their politics.  Even less than their sex tapes.  Really.   ::)

Lunger

Quote from: Towi on July 16, 2011, 05:48:32 PM
Been lurking here for a while now, and I've listened to Coast for years. But, I just had to join CoastGab because I wanted to share a Noory discrepancy I caught during last night's show.

About 6 minutes into Hour 4 last night (July 15), Snorge said...

"I remember seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan that Sunday night, and I was saying to myself, "Gosh, their hair is so long.""

Really???  Well, about 3 minutes into Hour 2 on December 8, 2009, Snorge said...

"I didn't quite under[stand]. I was kind of a nerdy kid. You know, I was the kid who loved science. I had a slide-rule in my pocket, I did all those things. And when I saw the same thing you did, the girls coming to school the next day [after first Ed Sullivan appearance], jumping up and down, talking about The Beatles this, The Beatles that, you know I thought they were talking about bugs for a moment. I just didn't know what was going on."

So, which is it, Snorgie Boy?

The man is a pathological liar.

I pay That Idiot Noory $1,000,000 cash if he could explain ho wto use a slide rule!

Been lurking here for a while now, and I've listened to Coast for years. But, I just had to join CoastGab because I wanted to share a Noory discrepancy I caught during last night's show.

"I remember seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan that Sunday night, and I was saying to myself, "Gosh, their hair is so long.""

Really???  Well, about 3 minutes into Hour 2 on December 8, 2009, Snorge said...

"I didn't quite under[stand]. I was kind of a nerdy kid. You know, I was the kid who loved science. I had a slide-rule in my pocket, I did all those things. And when I saw the same thing you did, the girls coming to school the next day [after first Ed Sullivan appearance], jumping up and down, talking about The Beatles this, The Beatles that, you know I thought they were talking about bugs for a moment. I just didn't know what was going on."

If George is telling a personal story, it's almost assuredly made up.  So both versions are unlikely.

My guess is George spent most of recess keeping to himself, away from the other kids, worrying abut getting another 'wedgie'.  Ma and Pa Noory weren't watching Ed Sullivan, and George wasn't paling around school with a bunch of kids.  He probably heard about the Beatles around the time he discovered 'Chariots of the Gods', '1984', and Gone With the Wind' - when he was about 25.

Science?  Slide rule?  Yes that would expain George's interest in science and the world around him.  His inciteful questions and comments surely reveal a deep understanding of science that could only have been built over a lifetime of interest.  Sure.

George's childhood hero and mentor in the entertainment field was Dr Morgus - introduce the late night movie (guest) with a few zany comments (awful news stories - George sees them as 'weird' and 'wacky'), and wait for the next commercial.  If he had to be interested in 'Science' and 'the Paranormal' to get the Coast gig, well George Noory could play that part too.  For awhile.

anagrammy

Quote from: Lunger on July 17, 2011, 10:21:39 AM

I pay That Idiot Noory $1,000,000 cash if he could explain ho wto use a slide rule!

THANK YOU, Lunger.  If the guy who can't tell a person's age if they were 50 in 1953 carried around a slide rule as a teenager, then I carried a gas chromatograph in my purse.

Anagrammy

Nebraska888

I was listening to SOMEWHERE IN TIME which airs Saturday nights on Omaha's KFAB radio station.  It is always such a pleasure to listen to Art Bell on Saturday evenings. 

Hey, at least tonight we have George Knapp!  In my opinion, he's a great host too!

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 17, 2011, 12:53:39 PM
George's childhood hero and mentor in the entertainment field was Dr Morgus - introduce the late night movie (guest) with a few zany comments (awful news stories - George sees them as 'weird' and 'wacky'), and wait for the next commercial. 

yes indeed, I (Morgus the Magnificent) is George's childhood idol.
George has copied a lot of the classic Morgus skits for stunts on c2c too.  :P

Quote from: anagrammy on July 17, 2011, 01:39:17 PM
THANK YOU, Lunger.  If the guy who can't tell a person's age if they were 50 in 1953 carried around a slide rule as a teenager, then I carried a gas chromatograph in my purse.

Anagrammy

Hey, I carried one of them in my purse when I was a teenager.  Oh, wait.  I think that might have been a tampon.  OMG!  Maybe that was the key to the portal! :D

beachcomber

I just measured my slide rule
it's 12½" long - geeks carried them on their belts, not "in their pockets".
8)

... I was kind of a nerdy kid. You know, I was the kid who loved science. I had a slide-rule in my pocket...

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 17, 2011, 12:53:39 PM
... Science?  Slide rule?  Yes that would expain George's interest in science and the world around him...  Sure.

Quote from: anagrammy on July 17, 2011, 01:39:17 PM
... If the guy... carried around a slide rule as a teenager, then I carried a gas chromatograph in my purse.

Quote from: Treading Water on July 17, 2011, 07:16:37 PM
Hey, I carried one of them in my purse when I was a teenager.  Oh, wait.  I think that might have been a tampon.  OMG!

Quote from: beachcomber on July 17, 2011, 08:01:42 PM
I just measured my slide rule
it's 12½" long - geeks carried them on their belts, not "in their pockets".
8)

Haters.  Lol.

resco16

:o anyone know the real deal with Art not being on coast anymore??? I have my suspicians but curious. Can't bear to hear Coast at all unless George Knapp is on. Otherwise I can catch Noory's act on Fox News since most of his guest are there also. BTW...I think Gerald Celente has been wrong MORE than Dames has!!!!!! Anyone know of any shows out there worth listening too? Coast is treading on Alex Jones territory now...its too out there. Hopefully 2012 will come and Noory will leave. I can't believe the ratings for Coast are up, as I keep reading. Is that true? There has GOT to be another show out there somewhere with the spirit of the old Coast show!!!!

lasertron

Quote from: Nebraska888 on July 17, 2011, 03:00:38 PM
I was listening to SOMEWHERE IN TIME which airs Saturday nights on Omaha's KFAB radio station.  It is always such a pleasure to listen to Art Bell on Saturday evenings. 

Hey, at least tonight we have George Knapp!  In my opinion, he's a great host too!

Are you in Omaha? I used to work at KFAB.

George used to talk about wanting to intereview this person or that from time to time.  Usually they were either famous people in the news, someone who had recently died, or maybe some old timer long retired and out of show business. 

Not sure if he still does this or not, since I haven't listened to the show for a while (my guess is perhaps not much - the lazier he gets, the less he even tries to sound interested).

But I've wondered about his expressed desire to interview these people.  Is it just another lie?  Geroge Noory has to be the worst interviewer ever to be regularly paid to do so.  His technique of having someone write up a bunch of random questions ahead of time, making sure they are boring with no order or flow to them at all, asking them one by one - not listening a whit to the responses - usually cutting each response off to ask the next disjointed, unrelated question, demonstrates his complete lack of interest in any of it.

So if that's his technique - ensuring a boring, lazy intereview guaranteed to glean nothing of interest - if he just wants to find out how they are and whether some event they mention was caused by angels, why bother?  Well, of course he never bothered with those particular interviews, but why even say it?

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 18, 2011, 04:01:21 PM
George used to talk about wanting to intereview this person or that from time to time.  Usually they were either famous people in the news, someone who had recently died, or maybe some old timer long retired and out of show business. 

Not sure if he still does this or not, since I haven't listened to the show for a while (my guess is perhaps not much - the lazier he gets, the less he even tries to sound interested).

But I've wondered about his expressed desire to interview these people.  Is it just another lie?

noory still does that from time to time.
he probably has a true desire to interview celebrities, but most likely that most of them turn him down when the staff tries to setup an interview and they hear the name of Noory.  :P

A few years back Noory did score some big names like Pat Boone though.  ;D
He even managed a few Star Trek actor interviews in the past like with Shatner, Sulu and Chekov.  :o

Scully

Many of us seem confused by how Noory continues to draw and maintain a large base of fans. As I see it, he's just living in the right place at the right time.

Noory has bought and paid for the majority of his current listeners by feeding them exactly what they want to hear.  He's no more religious than a drunken sailor on leave, and has said so in different words many times.  He often mentions that he was raised a Catholic, but says he is no longer religious, although he believes in a God.  I actually believe him when he says that.  He's no Bible thumper in his own mind.

What sickens me is how he shamelessly caters to the religious zealots in this country who have found new strength in numbers by melding with those who share George and Premier's brand of politics.  This multi-headed hydra all comes together under the Premiere banner, and it fosters the "low-information" masses by the millions.  It has certainly worked for Limbaugh, and that's who George most wants to be.

No one admires a shill, George.  >:(

DanDan

"[Giant motherfucking birds that may have stolen children] just would seem more romantic if they existed in our dimension." - Noorbear

JeffreyLXV

-Lunger
No cliche here, I laughed-out-loud at this. Thanks :)

@Perry Como - He makes me think of a girlfriend I had that use to enjoy singing "The Christmas Song." Except she replaced 'Chestnuts' with 'Jeff'snuts.'
Alas, it was "...Jeff'snuts roasting on an open fire...."

-Anagrammy
I missed out on Mickey Mouse Club. But I use to dearly look forward to 'The Wonderful World of Disney' on Sunday nights.
Also, was Kurt Russell a Mouseketeer?

Oh wait, let me get back to the point...  George Noory Sucks!
I can't even listen anymore. I just visit this forum :).  Although I Wish I could have listened to Knapp last night. Maybe I'll find a torrent (hint.)

Hugo Fitch

Quote from: Scully on July 18, 2011, 11:12:06 PM
Many of us seem confused by how Noory continues to draw and maintain a large base of fans. As I see it, he's just living in the right place at the right time.

Noory has bought and paid for the majority of his current listeners by feeding them exactly what they want to hear.  He's no more religious than a drunken sailor on leave, and has said so in different words many times.  He often mentions that he was raised a Catholic, but says he is no longer religious, although he believes in a God.  I actually believe him when he says that.  He's no Bible thumper in his own mind.

What sickens me is how he shamelessly caters to the religious zealots in this country who have found new strength in numbers by melding with those who share George and Premier's brand of politics.  This multi-headed hydra all comes together under the Premiere banner, and it fosters the "low-information" masses by the millions.  It has certainly worked for Limbaugh, and that's who George most wants to be.

No one admires a shill, George.  >:(

Any possible connection between Noory and Limbaugh exists solely in the fever swamp of your mind. George avoids touching upon politics, right-wing or otherwise,  and Rush never brings up religion on his show. Calling the listeners of the EIB Network "low-information" is manifestly ridiculous, and can be demonstrated to be false by tuning into just a single show. Your tendentious drivel could have been distilled down to simply stating that Christians and Republicans offend you.

onan

Quote from: Hugo Fitch on July 19, 2011, 02:03:17 AM

Any possible connection between Noory and Limbaugh exists solely in the fever swamp of your mind. George avoids touching upon politics, right-wing or otherwise,  and Rush never brings up religion on his show. Calling the listeners of the EIB Network "low-information" is manifestly ridiculous, and can be demonstrated to be false by tuning into just a single show. Your tendentious drivel could have been distilled down to simply stating that Christians and Republicans offend you.

Rush is often wrong. Sometimes it is (what I believe is) an honest mistake. 16000 white collar workers being laid off when actually it was 1600. Sometimes I think it is malicious. Michael J. Fox deliberately not taking his meds to appear more sympathetic. The Fox one even if an honest misunderstanding of the disease was still a jerkish move. And yes that is a play on words.

I will be the first to admit no love for Rush's ideologies. But what I find most distasteful is his persistence in dividing us. He isn't the first, won't be the last but I hate it.

Oh yeah let's not forget the:

QuoteThere's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

...We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country.... This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you're sorry, people go, "Oh, OK. A little contrition."... People say, "I feel better. He said he's sorry for it." We're becoming too tolerant, folks.

valdez

Quote from: Hugo Fitch on July 19, 2011, 01:43:41 AM
"Would eels come ashore?"

"I've seen it on the internet, but that doesn't make it true, right?"

Right, George.  Are we in kindergarden?  Why are we being treated like morons?  I learned nothing from his interview with Ken Gerhard on strange creatures.  Just a succession of, "what about big foot?", "what about mothman?", "is it possible that the government has secret planes designed to look like giant birds?"  What?  Why?  When Gerhart said that a bunch of mangy dogs were over running Texas, George's response was, "that doesn't kill our thoughts about the existence of Chupacabra, does it?"  No, Truth Seeker, we all know Chupacabra is real, and we're not gonna let a bunch of mangy dogs stand in our way.

El Kragen

Quote from: valdez on July 19, 2011, 05:07:29 AM

George's response was, "that doesn't kill our thoughts about the existence of Chupacabra, does it?"

lolwut?

Why does George speak like that? It must be that no dead air radio thing has been drilled into his head and he just blurts nonsense out. 

El Kragen

This show is a perfect example of why George sucks.

How many years has he been full time host of C2C? One would think that he could manage to come up with a better set of questions or actually have a decent discussion on cryptozoology, one of the tent pole C2C topics. Is it too much to ask that he read the guests two books. Monsters of Texas is 160 pages and Big Birds is only 108!!! What does he do all day?

Fucking show prep...How does it work?

Quote from: valdez on July 19, 2011, 05:07:29 AM
     "I've seen it on the internet, but that doesn't make it true, right?"

Right, George...  ...

'Proof is faith and common sense'. 

Here's sumpthin' I've seen on the internet.  Attributed to George Noory.  When George reads through the collections of stupid things he's said on the air, does he agree with them, vaguely remember saying them, wonder why people are acting like the quotes are moronic?