Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Noory on sending emails to the congressman:

Noory:  "...and what's the termination we're looking for here?"
Guest:  "Uh... what's the... sorry... what?"
Noory:  "What's the termination...  what's the verbiage we're looking for?"

Quote from: wotr1 on June 09, 2015, 12:25:25 AM
I was going to ask why it is necessary for a kitty to do a "face palm." Then I remembered where I am posting and think of all of the moments it is appropriate... ???

Yeah, especially after spending too much time on the Falkie thread recently.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 09, 2015, 12:33:00 AM

Noory:  "What's the termination...  What's the verbiage we're looking for?"

giza2200

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 08, 2015, 11:21:36 PM
Ha! That was hilarious. 11yo Florida boy was beaten by a shark! Obviously, The Idiot meant 'bitten'. Does he correct himself? Of course not. He just vaguely adds 'bitten as well'. So his official version is that this boy was beaten and bittten.
All together now...
Oh the shark has pretty teeth, dear.....

-GNS

I'm having a very vivid flashback of the Land Shark..

UFQuack

Quote from: wotr1 on June 07, 2015, 03:27:09 AM
Thanks... I have "borrowed" (stolen this without paying royalties to the creator) for awhile, if you do not take offense...

I think you just confirmed that someone else did the same thing, I probably just copied it without thinking. Royalties? I just want to make fun of Jorch! I have always believed that making fun of Jorch should be an open-source project.

WOTR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 09, 2015, 12:35:15 AM
Yeah, especially after spending too much time on the Falkie thread recently.
My sympathies... The last 100 pages of the Bell thread have caused similar moments....

Do you know how long it took me to figure out the right word after reading "termination"?  You know it is not correct- but it is just close enough to short-circuit your brain...

WOTR

Quote from: UFQuack on June 09, 2015, 01:02:15 AM
I think you just confirmed that someone else did the same thing, I probably just copied it without thinking. Royalties? I just want to make fun of Jorch! I have always believed that making fun of Jorch should be an open-source project.
That should make the upper right quote... An open source project, indeed! ;D

Rico999

From what I heard tonight, the program has been a monument to Dave's inability to think critically beyond that of a ten year old.   It's hard to believe this guy is where he is, but someone just kept kicking him upstairs.   I think, though, that when Art returns, his "numbers" aren't going to be so great.

He'll always retain a batch of loyal dimwits, but people interested in what all the fuss is about regarding Art, will switch over.   

Dave's big thing now, obviously, is to pad his income (while he can) with all these schemes like "paranormal dating," and "carnivora."  In fact, I'll bet the radio show itself takes a backseat to his ancillary projects. 

I think Dave missed his calling though -- he should've gotten into the WWF or NWA -- or some other 'rasslin' circuit back in the 80s.   His style is perfect tor that kind of stuff.... 

yumyumtree

Quote from: giza2200 on June 09, 2015, 12:20:13 AM
"It sounds kind of farfetched, yet I can't tell you how many people have had this syndrome... the 'Old Hag Syndrome.' Apparently, there's this little old lady who comes into your room at night, sits on your chest and tries to suffocate you. You can Google her - she'll pop up. She's out there."

“Maybe an asteroid will hit or something will happen to the magnetic polar fields, ... Or maybe the guy who was making calendars ran out of paper. Who knows?”

Old  Hag Syndrome and asteroids have long been two of George's pet subjects.  He works them in whenever he can.

George sucks when he's not engaged because he doesn't direct the interview properly and asks useless generic questions.

George sucks even more when he is engaged because he's constantly interrupting the guest's train of thought with useless comments.

Tonight is a rare 'engaged' night.

deltalitprof

And whattaya know, this friend of Newt Gingrich immediately says Iran is the most likely country to attack us with an EBT weapon. Nice little political jab at Obama's negotiations to do away with Iran's ability to mount these kinds of attacks.

Wouldn't North Korea be the more likely threat by far to launch an EBT weapon? What with their ability to launch missiles and their constantly renewed threat to send us back to the stone age?

Quote from: deltalitprof on June 09, 2015, 01:56:08 AM
And whattaya know, this friend of Newt Gingrich immediately says Iran is the most likely country to attack us with an EBT weapon. Nice little political jab at Obama's negotiations to do away with Iran's ability to mount these kinds of attacks.

Wouldn't North Korea be the more likely threat by far to launch an EBT weapon? What with their ability to launch missiles and their constantly renewed threat to send us back to the stone age?

I think what Obama is doing regarding Iran is completely stupid.  He's just accelerating its nuclear development program.  The so-called checks are laughable.

Paradox

Quote from: Rico999 on June 09, 2015, 01:20:10 AMI think Dave missed his calling though -- he should've gotten into the WWF or NWA -- or some other 'rasslin' circuit back in the 80s.   His style is perfect tor that kind of stuff....
I think you're right there.  Those announcers mix their metaphors, split their infinitives, use redundant words, use the incorrect words and otherwise mangle the language frequently.  He'd fit right in.

Izintit?

I heard the last segment of the third hour. What a spineless huckster piece of crap Noory is. He  enumerated about four terrible things that would happen after an EMP or nuclear attack then said to the guest "Their gonna call you a fearmonger..." No George you`re the fearmonger;making money scaring little old ladies. How do you sleep at night?  Just plain evil. GNS

wr250

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 09, 2015, 12:26:01 AM
So is Jorch sucking tonight?  I haven't been paying attention.  Got caught up reading the Art Bell thread.

do bears take a dump in the woods?
and the art bell thread is sucking too. it needs to be about art bell.

Paradox

Quote from: Izintit? on June 09, 2015, 05:19:58 AM
I heard the last segment of the third hour. What a spineless huckster piece of crap Noory is. He  enumerated about four terrible things that would happen after an EMP or nuclear attack then said to the guest "Their gonna call you a fearmonger..." No George you`re the fearmonger;making money scaring little old ladies. How do you sleep at night?  Just plain evil. GNS
That was terrible wasn't it?  Sheesh!  The show itself was actually pretty good. Well. For the most part.  And except for the host.
Though I was surprised that he didn't sprain his arm patting himself on the back or discombobulate his embouchure while blowing his own horn.  Though I do expect both of those to happen in the coming weeks now that he has sicced his army of Snoory Sucksters on the politicians. 

Izintit?

Quote from: Paradox on June 09, 2015, 05:53:46 AM
That was terrible wasn't it?  Sheesh!  The show itself was actually pretty good. Well. For the most part.  And except for the host.
Though I was surprised that he didn't sprain his arm patting himself on the back or discombobulate his embouchure while blowing his own horn.  Though I do expect both of those to happen in the coming weeks now that he has sicced his army of Snoory Sucksters on the politicians.
George is quite good at patting himself on the back,as you say. Lately he seems to be croaking more to the audience about "how much money my name saves you".

Paradox

Quote from: Izintit? on June 09, 2015, 08:45:41 AM
George is quite good at patting himself on the back,as you say. Lately he seems to be croaking more to the audience about "how much money my name saves you".
Self promotion, good for the soul.   ::) :P   His name definitely saves me money.  I run the other way.

yumyumtree

Quote from: deltalitprof on June 09, 2015, 01:56:08 AM

EMP. EBT is a different contoversy.

PathoJen

Quote from: trostol on June 09, 2015, 12:27:59 AM
he is yes..the show isnt bad actually though i am not sure it needs 4 hours

he is trying to get listeners to bombard some Congressman's email and phone lines
Why? What bullshit is he trying to hustle now?

PathoJen

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 08, 2015, 11:21:36 PM
Ha! That was hilarious. 11yo Florida boy was beaten by a shark! Obviously, The Idiot meant 'bitten'. Does he correct himself? Of course not. He just vaguely adds 'bitten as well'. So his official version is that this boy was beaten and bittten.
All together now...
Oh the shark has pretty teeth, dear.....

-GNS
Beaten and Bitten! Wow! Sharks in Florida are hardcore.

Dateline

Enjoyed a wonderful night of sleep.  No adds.  No gimmicks.  No infomercials.  I can catch up on what I missed by reading the sucking points.

NoMoreNoory

I half heard that through a sleepy haze and was also confused initially. I was thinking maybe there was some kind of guillotine on the Shield bill so that it would die if not brought forward by a certain date. Only when he added his follow-up did I realise what he was trying to say. But I swear even then he said 'verbage', not 'verbiage'.

Again, the mystery is that he does not correct himself and therefore he has to be entirely unaware of misusing a word and therefore entirely unaware of its meaning. It's the same thing with his recent misuse of 'pilgrimage'. And this is a man with a degree in media communications who worked in public relations for the Navy for nine years???

Increasingly, he reminds us of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izpa9D7c77U

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 09, 2015, 10:36:19 AM
I half heard that through a sleepy haze and was also confused initially. I was thinking maybe there was some kind of guillotine on the Shield bill so that it would die if not brought forward by a certain date. Only when he added his follow-up did I realise what he was trying to say. But I swear even then he said 'verbage', not 'verbiage'.

Again, the mystery is that he does not correct himself and therefore he has to be entirely unaware of misusing a word and therefore entirely unaware of its meaning. It's the same thing with his recent misuse of 'pilgrimage'. And this is a man with a degree in media communications who worked in public relations for the Navy for nine years???

He did say verbage but my crack investigation team did some sleuthing and found that wasn't really a word.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 09, 2015, 12:36:36 PM
He did say verbage but my crack investigation team did some sleuthing and found that wasn't really a word.

So he's mis-used a word and used a non-word in the space of a couple of minutes. It's a kind of genius, isn't it?

Face-paw, kitty, face-paw.

136 or 142

An article after Noory's heart

Sinatra's Singular Staying Power
“Frank is just like you. Just like me. Only bigger.” â€" George Schlatter, a friend Let’s get one thing straight: There can’t be another Frank Sinatra. These days, you don’t operate on that plane and get away with it. Was he in the Mob? Was he an informer? Did he ruin Ava Gardner, sleep with Marilyn, throw a plate against a restaurant wall just because they cooked the pasta too long? Come on, al dente!
Act like that today and you’d be TMZ’d faster than you can tweet Alec Baldwin. With Sinatra’s 100th birthday approaching, I’ve been talking about him over the last week, on the phone, at neighbourhood barbecues, with other music fans. Truth is, celebrity anniversaries are nothing more than dates and dates nothing more than marketing ops for album reissues, tribute concerts and related product. But for me, an unrepentant fan, it’s a great time to remind everyone why Sinatra still matters.

It goes well beyond the tough guy themes, torch songs and Duets albums that, while sterile and disappointing, launched an entire industry of songbook-styled projects. Some of them are even quite wonderful.
What’s most startling, when you focus on Sinatra, is how ever-present he is 18 years after his death.

There he is, on David Letterman’s Late Show farewell week, channelled through Bob Dylan, the greatest songwriter of our time, who decided to croon a classic made famous by Sinatra. There’s The Theme to New York, New York, played 81 nights a season, without fail, after the final out at Yankee Stadium. Even in death, Sinatra can insert himself into the middle of a nasty domestic squabble. Third wife Mia Farrow taking a swipe at Woody Allen by suggesting that Ol’ Blue Eyes, not her film-directing ex, may have fathered son Ronan. And his staying power is undeniable, even as the icons of yesteryear â€" Ray Charles, Liz Taylor, even Hemingway â€" fade away.

“As far as touching him goes, nobody touches him,” Dylan said in a surprisingly personal interview earlier this year, explaining why his new record featured 10 songs made famous by Sinatra. “Not me or anyone else.”
“He conquered every medium â€" television, recording, films,” Tony Bennett said after his death. “He was just born for what he did.”

This, to me, is about authenticity. It’s a word often tossed around but rarely practised. It is about being real in everything you do, on or off stage. Remaining authentic is no small feat when you’re hanging around presidents and movie stars, selling millions of records, and when your very identity comes from singing songs written by others.

Yet Sinatra, with all of his qualities and flaws, remained completely authentic. As a singer, he didn’t just adapt, he crawled into each phrase. On those rare moments were he chose poorly â€" listen to his corny take on the Beatles classic Something â€" the singer still feels 100 per cent committed. As a public figure, he never hid, whether accused of having ties with the Mafia or playing out his marital splits in public. There would be no joint press releases on a “conscious uncoupling” with Gardner, Farrow or anyone. To the end, Frank confessed that he knew nothing more than the average galoot.

“I’m supposed to have a PhD on the subject of women,” he is quoted in Bill Zehme’s wonderful The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin’. “But the truth is I’ve flunked more often than not. I’m very fond of women. I admire them. But, like all men, I don’t understand them.”
He came from a different world. Sinatra was born in 1915, before TV, before radio, to a pair of Italian immigrants. He grew up in Hoboken, dropped out of high school and then, after working an odd job or two, scored a recording contract with bandleader Harry James. That led to the Tommy Dorsey band, fame and the first stage of his career as the baby-faced crooner.

Eventually, everything came apart: his first marriage, to Nancy Barbato; his singing career (Columbia Records cut him loose in 1952); and his confidence. In the early ’50s, Sinatra tried to kill himself, once with sleeping pills, a second time by slashing his wrists. (He denied the attempts.) It wasn’t until his Academy Award for best supporting actor in 1953’s From Here to Eternity that Sinatra’s luck seemed to change. He signed with Capitol Records and reinvented himself. He sang in a lower register and his material stretched, from winks and highballs to smoky, dark confessions.

“At times, the lowest note of a melody becomes almost spoken, giving him a much greater sense of intimacy,” Elvis Costello wrote in Mojo.
There are a lot of Sinatra albums and a lot of people who have pontificated on them. Most start by praising 1957’s ode to pathos, Only the Lonely.
But to me, the greatest Sinatra record is from a June show in 1962. He’s playing with his sextet in Paris, and it’s as loose as a show can get. “It’s obvious what his trouble is â€" girls,” Sinatra tells the audience ahead of One for My Baby.

His performance is impeccable, whether swinging through Goody, Goody and Without a Song or breathlessly roaming through the verses of My Funny Valentine and One for My Baby. More than anything, this performance â€" stripped down from his orchestral heft and captured in its entirety, unlike the other live recordings released during his lifetime â€" gets to the essence of what made the man Sinatra.

albrecht

Besides of learning that sharks can "beat" people up, particularly children I also enjoyed the segment on the anthrax where George read a statement from the Army from a guy "who just happens to be a spokesman." He just "happens to be" a spokeman? You mean the press just asked a random guy and they just by serendipitous chance got the spokesman? Or that this guy had no direction in life and just randomly became an army spokesman?

The worst thing is the threat to our energy grid is real (from EMP, from hacking, from targeted terrorist attacks, from natural disasters, from older infrastructure, etc) but having Norry generating the campaign- and his crazy callers calling their Congressmen might cause them to back-off and not support funding or bills to secure the grid.
-GNS

trostol

Quote from: PathoJen on June 09, 2015, 09:50:53 AM
Why? What bullshit is he trying to hustle now?

he was trying to get the coast listeners to bombard the congressman's accounts because he is as stated with the utility companies and against securing the grid or something