• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

onan

I guess my question is, why do we want to help premrad and clear channel succeed? I mean they seem to be uncaring of the product they are selling. They do not show much interest in maintaining any quality. Knowing that why try to improve them.

Seems to me that continuing with the agenda to replace noory will not achieve the goal of another Art Bell in the seat being used by noory.

I fully understand the desire to be rid of noory, but to me the only way to do that is simply not listen.

Scully

Quote from: onan on April 24, 2011, 01:00:53 PM
I guess my question is, why do we want to help premrad and clear channel succeed? I mean they seem to be uncaring of the product they are selling. They do not show much interest in maintaining any quality. Knowing that why try to improve them.

Seems to me that continuing with the agenda to replace noory will not achieve the goal of another Art Bell in the seat being used by noory.

I fully understand the desire to be rid of noory, but to me the only way to do that is simply not listen.

What bothers me to the point of distraction is that no one KNOWS whether my specific radio is on or off. Would that it were that simple. Am I wrong about this?   :(

Bart

Maybe the tornado in st louis blew him off the air for awhile?  Or off the "planet"----(world, earth, etc aren't in his vocabulary) and i now hate the word PLANET.

onan

Quote from: Scully on April 24, 2011, 01:59:59 PM

What bothers me to the point of distraction is that no one KNOWS whether my specific radio is on or off. Would that it were that simple. Am I wrong about this?  :(

Yeah I know... it is frustrating. I have no experience in radio. I watched the movie about Howard Stern starring Howard Stern and one tidbit stuck with me. When evaluating the viability of Stern the powers that be said something to the effect: the show was being listened to by people that liked Stern, people that were curious about the buzz, and also people that reported not liking him. I guess my point is as long as people are talking about noory it is a win for them.

Also again I ask why does anyone want to help the upper management succeed when they by all appearances do not give two hoots and a holler about the discerning listener.

rkowna

[quote ou thor=the_wanderer link=topic=3.msg39668#msg39668 date=1303681595]

you have to look at things from their perspective, if you don't approach it as a financial carrot or the stick, you will be ignored. suits will definitely listen if you say, your audience share will go up nationally by 2 points by dumping Snoory and reformatting the show or continue with Snoory and status-quo and have it slide 1 1/2.
[/quote]

I think it is a perfect time to talk to them.  The show is bleeding, badly.  They wouldn't post a coast poll about what format changes listeners would like to see if there wasn't an issue.

I sent  Premier an email asking them to listen to Hoagland's appearance on Art Bell, July 4, 1997, and then to listen to his appearance on the talking stump's Ambien replacement hour April 12 ,2011.  I went into how when Hoagland was caught in a lie Art called him out on it while George, at the end of Hoagland's diatribe about how he needs to get evidence to Jesse Ventura that he has definitive proof space nazis blew up the world trade center and about the ceremony on the 33rd shuttle mission marking the end of Newtonian physics and the ushering in of Hoagland's hyper dimensional physics George's response was that Richard really had his finger on the pulse of this thing.

Anyways, about a week ago, I got a call from someone saying they would lke to hear more.  She also said that my sarcasm and language diminished my credibility.  I wrote that if they didn't care enough to listen to me that they may want to tell George that to find his pulse have Richard check his wrist next time, not stick his finger up Gorge's ass.

The  assistant then said that they would love to hear tangible isues but have no time for "Noory sucks" letters that give no reason.
She then said to feel free to cite more legitimate issues, give the date and time, and they will respond. 

IT is worth a shot. 

anagrammy

My fingers have been poised above the keyboard considering some points made above that have given me pause-- the comments about the Howard Stern audience being made up people who like the lewd, people who like Stern and people who hate Stern.

And the audience of Coast is now comprised of mainly people listening only because the other choices are sports talk, Spanish language and Harold Camping. We'll call those the lesser of two evils group (LTE's) who is at work or doing something else while listening and need anything to listen to that's not sports, religion, or just music.

Then there's what I call the Appalachia group in drooling wonderment that they can hear themselves through the radio. "Git Maw un teller I got OWN!!"

And the truck drivers, who are a smart and sassy bunch, muttering under their breath, "Fucking Moron."  When's the last time one of them called in?  Yeah----a looooooong time ago.

Throw in the next bunch, which are lonely aging women snuggled down under the comforter with the soothing voice of George Noory being the closest thing they will come to a man in bed with them.  "He said he would always be her for me--and he is!  Hello, hello! Yes, I'm still here.... I want to tell George about the lights in the sky I saw when I was camping with my parents..."   

And then there are the sarcastic, bitter, hooting CoastGab people who are listening and doing three other things at once, but look up ever so often to go, "WTF  You DIDN'T just say that, Oh sweet Jesus, I hope some CoastGabbers are listening--they will shit their pants.

Georgesucks describes an interchange with Lisa Lyons, the Vice President of Production, that is in marked contrast to the upraised finger she gave a couple of other CoastGabbers earlier this year.  Yes indeed, the wheel is turning.

So.....because this point is very true:  any publicity is publicity, I have decided to forego a campaign that could possibly inch the ratings up even one hair.  I'm falling back to another idea based on Lisa's reaction to Georgesucks' hot letter. (And god bless you brother, we share your shove-it-up-your-ass feelings).  Let's write a calm, businesslike letter that just lays it out.  We have categories, we have data, we have anecdotal.  We have the ability to blitz the sponsors with our facts and to contact the affiliates and complain to the stations.  WE ARE ARTICULATE, we are not just saying GNS (even though GNS).

Instead of setting up a group for amassing a movement, I'm going to set up a group for organizing the contacts: first Premier.  Then, if they don't respond, the stations/affiliates/other networks AND saving the best for last, the SPONSORS:

Dear Bob C-Crane:  Do you really want your quality radio denigrated by being hawked by someone who doesn't know their Giza from their Gaza?  Yes, we are the loyal Art Bell fans who made your product a household name, one synonymous with quality and it HURTS us now to see how at this critical time, the very thing people need the most for their disaster-preparedness kit is being hawked like a ShamWow by a man destined to take the place of Billy Mays.  George Noory is a celebrity who has become a laughing stock due to his inability to fill Art Bell's shoes.  In fact, he is filling them with cement!  Help us save the show-- This is just a short note, Bob, asking you to help us loyal listeners help this Titanic before it's too late.  Here's the problem: (describe Noory ineptitude)

That's what I'm imagining could work, I mean can't you just see Mr. Crane picking up the old cellphone and putting aside his cigar before he calls Premiere.

Anagrammy

Usagi

"No time to think; just act AUTOMATICALLY." - Noory during one of his sponsor commercials (emergency radio, I think).

Don't let out your greatest secret to success, Snoory!

fysisist

Part of the problem with the suckage of Snoory is the topics in which he practices his particular brand of suckology.  In the realm of the paranormal, with its assortment of whack jobs, hoaxers, self-promoters, and overall nuttiness, anything goes.  There is very little objectivity out there.  I think the best anyone can do, short of hiring a mafioso hit-man type to break Snoory's legs ala Tonya Harding / Nancy Kerrigan, is to ignore the inane Mr Noory in favor of Geo Knapp and Ian Punnet (if he is your cup'o tea) and hope for better times.  That and listen to the Paracast and Mysterious Universe.  Maybe the jackass will be sucked into another dimension on 12/21/2012. 

The General

Quote from: fysisist on April 25, 2011, 03:44:09 PM
Part of the problem with the suckage of Snoory is the topics in which he practices his particular brand of suckology.  In the realm of the paranormal, with its assortment of whack jobs, hoaxers, self-promoters, and overall nuttiness, anything goes.  There is very little objectivity out there.

Yeah, it seems like Art had a lot more believable and definitely more interesting guests and stories.  It's just become so dumbed down.  Maybe Noory is just a symptom of what's happening all around us.  TV programming, music, culture, politics... it's all getting dumbed down and brought to a level of lowest common denominator. 

EvB

Quote from: The General on April 25, 2011, 03:53:27 PM
TV programming, music, culture, politics... it's all getting dumbed down and brought to a level of lowest common denominator.

so sad - so true.

Usagi

A few gems from my most excellent friend, "Fuck Yeah, History Major Heraldic Beast":

Lunger

Does anyone remember some years back, after the earthquake in Samoa when that Idiot Noory called the people of Samoa, "Samolians"?

He did this for three solid days!

Could no one have told him?

( Or are they, Lisa, Tom, Dan.....,  just as stupid as he? ) 

Digitech

^^^ Wow, that's really stupid.

I have no immediate recollection of it. But you know, now that you bring it up I think I do remember it.

George sucks

Most likely another nauseating show for tonight, Monday, April 25th, 2011. It appears that Noory has scheduled a dual guest show so he only has to come up with questions for two hours after pickling his brain all weekend.

The second hour guest was just on within the past three months, prob two, pimping his book "The Choice". Another effort to suck the cash cow tit of 'engineering the cosmos in your favor' and 'manifesting your disires' ala "The Secret". The last time this guest was on he gave the impression that he came up with the idea for the book at a UFO conference he was speaking at while he was in the mens room snorting a line with Iknow Howta Gougem.

Most legit guests know their material inside and out. The callers would ask, "how does this work". And all he had was the Nike's "Just do it". After three or four callers asking the same thing it became virtually "Just effing do it!!" Doesn't speak well to your enlightenment when you sound like you want to kill someone asking a basic question. He's a fake IMO, just trying to get in on more speaking engagements, reap some cash from the unsuspecting and gullible.   

And Noory is the perfect partner in crime. Get ready for, "What's your favorite color?"

valdez

Anti-vegetarian zealot, kumbaya practitioner, and partner to RCH in crime, Mike Bara.  The last time he was on I made fun of his laid back, "quantum physics is crap" attitude, but I think he's beginning to grow on me. Eric Leskowitz on the power of good intentions.  Michio Kaku on the rumor that the "god particle" has been discovered.  It's amazing how we can get so far in the understanding of our universe, and yet be so completely screwed up.

God Particle pictures

anagrammy

Quote from: valdez on April 26, 2011, 05:01:32 AM
     Anti-vegetarian zealot, kumbaya practitioner, and partner to RCH in crime, Mike Bara.  The last time he was on I made fun of his laid back, "quantum physics is crap" attitude, but I think he's beginning to grow on me. Eric Leskowitz on the power of good intentions.  Michio Kaku on the rumor that the "god particle" has been discovered.  It's amazing how we can get so far in the understanding of our universe, and yet be so completely screwed up.

God Particle pictures

Isn't that what they said in the 20's, before Einstein repudiated the existence of ether?

valdez

With a voice that makes you want to listen, Hank Wesselman discussed the spiritual shamanic adventure that is (and should be) our lives.  For some reason I needed to hear a lot of what he had to say tonight, and sometimes you get what you need.  Truth Seeker George just wanted to know about any shamanic prophesies of doom coming our way, but Hank was steady in his delivery of the message he came to bring: we are all born with a "bowl of light", and it is our duty to see that it remains full until the day we leave.  "Will the spirit world save us from the mess we're in?"  No, silly George, we are responsible for the crap fest we've created.  We gotta save ourselves.

Spirit Medicine: Shamanic Healing
Hank Wesselman

Roger

Wesselman said GN was a 'chief'. He, by 'association', and by direct
statement, proclaimed he, Wesselman, was also a 'Chief'.

With 'chiefs' like this, whoo-hoo! Going to pot for sure.

'Sure is' (GN) gunna be fun!

All us ignrent oughta just realize:

"No time to think; just act AUTOMATICALLY.",

as Usagi pointed out above.  BTW, Usagi, I heard that on regular A.M.
radio of an ad GN 'contributed' his voice to.

Not one Native Hawaiian has ever spoken one word on c2c.

As the_wanderer has pointed out, this schpiel-radio isn't about
facts, but 'purchase' by listeners, or a boat-load of crap
based on market-share.

Wesselman, basically, showed he was hep to the basic reality by
sucking-up to GN, providing yet more gilding of a stinking load of crap.

If Wesselman had said: No, George, in fact, that is not what I meant to
say . . . or had said 'I don't think you understand', I might have thought:
some information coming through all the crap.

Notice, 'crap' keeps creeping in to this comment.

Well, is it 'reverse psychology'? Doubt it very seriously.

It is a business.

Buzz words, based on shallow purveying of buzz words.

Not an ounce of deep thought going on here.

May as well read only the headlines, forget about reading the entire
article.  Maybe the first paragraph, last paragraph: same thing: here's an
ad.

Another ad.

Another ad.

Blah blah blah.

John Lennon said it succinctly: wankers (that's 'jack-offs' in American
lingo).

In other words: no fruitive, just a waste of time.

A guest who irks GN, doesn't 'get on' with him: probably a good guest.
A guest who, in essence, says: you're a 'CHIEF', well, I'd rather not say.

Roger

hah! Pretty funny gunnie. Best laugh in a long time. Reminds me of that
time we dropped acid in Nam.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Roger on April 27, 2011, 08:42:11 AM
hah! Pretty funny gunnie. Best laugh in a long time. Reminds me of that
time we dropped acid in Nam.

My favorite flashbacks of all time amigo, of all freekin' time...

Sorry about the previous vinegar I spread around the foxhole mate- it's just the way I am when I come down.

Roger

'skay. A debray, we made it outa dere, didn't we? Yah, ye really made me
laugh. Perfuct picture. Pissed my pants laughin. Perfect.

Wade Collins

I am new to this. I can't listen to this moron anymore. It's ironic that he actually has more affiliates than Art did. I think in fact it has more to do with Premiere Radio's ownership by Clear Channel. They have flipped a lot more stations to News Talk, thus creating an opening for Snoory. I also know that George has been sucking up to Premiere for years, the fact he does his show in LA from their headquarters show what a corporate b**ch he is. Art would have never gone for that. Snoory is the Jay Leno of radio talk show hosts, he sucks on the right teat.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Wade Collins on April 27, 2011, 07:32:58 PM
I am new to this. I can't listen to this moron anymore. It's ironic that he actually has more affiliates than Art did. I think in fact it has more to do with Premiere Radio's ownership by Clear Channel. They have flipped a lot more stations to News Talk, thus creating an opening for Snoory. I also know that George has been sucking up to Premiere for years, the fact he does his show in LA from their headquarters show what a corporate b**ch he is. Art would have never gone for that. Snoory is the Jay Leno of radio talk show hosts, he sucks on the right teat.

You pretty much said it there Mr. WC.  Welcome to the world of Noory Suckology.  I can't listen to the drivel, since finding this forum.  It makes it seem funnier, but more painful also.

George sucks

Quote from: Wade Collins on April 27, 2011, 07:32:58 PM

Got that right.

And don't forget, the syndicated shows are sold as a package. Want Rush? You have to take Savage, Coast, Commando, etc, or no deal. And when they own the radio stations, then they can force the programs on us. It's radio fascism. Corporate media bigs deciding what mush to spoon feed us because they control the airwaves. There is no competition, other than themselves, because they own it all.

Next will be control of the guests. Want to appear on Coast? Then you can't appear on any other show as a guest. Mark my words, it's coming. Or some variation of it. 

anagrammy

Yes, gotta control those guests.

Monday:  Author--Jesus Never Existed
Tuesday: Author--Jesus Hidden Miracles As a Tween
Wed:      Author--Hidden 2012 Prophecies of Jesus
Thurs:    Author--Zahi Hawass, Prophet, Seer and Antiquities God
Fri:        Author--The Last Days of Zahi Hawass, Master Criminal
Sat:       Open Lines and Surprise Guests TBA

Please, before you crawl back into your mobile, sign this note that you will not appear on any other radio talk shows, TV shows or use a megaphone.

Anagrammy

George sucks

Add to that the fake callers and it's done. Scripted actors for callers, the same regurgitated guests locked into a marrygoround of appearances, and the same tired old elementary questions from a sap of a host over and over and over. The show that isn't a show, but plays one on the radio.

valdez

Joseph Farah (world net daily) on why the birth certificate means nothings and the game is still afoot.  Sexy bombshell Glynis McCants subtracts the one, adds the two, and tells George for the umpteenth time that he's a very smart seven.  Alexandra Robbins on the high school social caste system and how homework and standardized testing are so horrible.  Was Richard C. on?  If he was, I missed it.

Obamas Birth Certificate Finally Made Available
hey, wait a minute...

aldousburbank

I tried listening to George's little show last night for a few minutes.  Man, that shit sucks!  I don't need that crap in my life, I mean it makes me want to swab my ears with liquid fucking heroin man, or whatever.  Noory sucks worse than I ever suspected a human being could.  What a nerf nutted little pussy.  I can't describe my distaste at this brain salad surgery, except maybe to go throw up now that I'm thinking of it.

George sucks

Whew, got some on me. Show plowed new ground in the depths of nausea and blatant psychosis. From the jabbering hyena with a calculator to Noory feeling up the main guest on the air with his 'Look at me, I'm such a great man' ventures into self glorifying. Gal was audibly creeped out by Noory and thankful to take calls to get him off of her. There has to be a huge market for a C2C barf bag.