George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

valdez

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 05, 2011, 01:23:12 AM

Quote from: awguy on March 05, 2011, 07:02:51 AM
Haha! That word bubble totally captures the look on Art's face... priceless!

And then there's the look on George's face, which inspires the "Tarantino" version...

"I just don't think you should personally endores so many products on the show."
    "Screw that.  Do you know how much f**king money I'm making hustling that crap?
I could buy the Phillipines.  The f**king g*d*nmed Phillipines.  Keep your angels, keep your
after world near death bullsh*t experiences.  Just give me a pile of cash, a hotel room in
the valley, and I'll handle the forty virgins.  Know what I mean, Artie?"
    "Well, I..."
     "Is that Hoagland over there?  f**king assh*le.  I should stop letting these monkeys on my show
unless they start kicking back a little of the mula they're making off my ass."
   "Your show?"
   "You know what I meant.  Where's the f**cking waitress?"     

aldousburbank

Quote from: valdez on March 06, 2011, 06:24:14 AM

"I just don't think you should personally endores so many products on the show."
    "Screw that.  Do you know how much f**king money I'm making hustling that crap?
I could buy the Phillipines.  The f**king g*d*nmed Phillipines.  Keep your angels, keep your
after world near death bullsh*t experiences.  Just give me a pile of cash, a hotel room in
the valley, and I'll handle the forty virgins.  Know what I mean, Artie?"
    "Well, I..."
     "Is that Hoagland over there?  f**king assh*le.  I should stop letting these monkeys on my show
unless they start kicking back a little of the mula they're making off my ass."
   "Your show?"
   "You know what I meant.  Where's the f**cking waitress?"   

Valdez,

You bagged a big 6-pointer buck with this one (macho hunter talk).  Maybe we should add word-bubble caption games to these festivities more often?

aldousburbank

Some possible reasons for George's state of utter suckage:

An alien implant procedure gone bad, possibly affecting major speech and logic centers.

An MK/ULTRA created stooge, effectively plugging the radio commode with poopwads of non-intelligent "discourse".  Did somebody stick their microphone too close to the truth?  Where's the damn plunger?

Radio execs tend towards the stupid.

He's as incompetent as he seems and also lacks the proper conscience to let someone else take the wheel as he drives over the cliff. 

All of the above.

I am insane. I must be, because I keep listening to C2C AM and expecting a different experience. Noory is horrible. No, he`s beyond horrible. It`s to the point of being depressing. if I hear that schmuck say 'There`s something going on.." or any derivative thereof, one more time,  I WILL go postal.

Silent

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 04, 2011, 09:18:31 AM

People such as Brian Greene or Michio Kaku walk a very fine line as guests on C2C.  On one hand they enjoy the benefits of a relatively large audience, and on the other, they must stay clear of any paranormal talk.  The consequences for their scientific careers would be disasterous.

Yesterday I looked for and found the first interview that Art did with Greene because of this post.  It was a very good show overall but there was an awkward portion where Art described a paranormal experience of his and Greene attempted to explain it with a non paranormal explanation.  I sensed a strong feeling of agitation from Art.  Immediately following that he went to callers out of frustration I think.  I love the guy but I think he handled it poorly.  Unlike Kaku, Greene didn't seem to hold back his opinions much on the paranormal and unexplained.  Kaku has more of a kids glove approach and won't discuss it.  Maybe Art wasn't expecting to be dismissed like that.

onan

Quote from: Silent on March 06, 2011, 11:05:54 AM
Yesterday I looked for and found the first interview that Art did with Greene because of this post.  It was a very good show overall but there was an awkward portion where Art described a paranormal experience of his and Greene attempted to explain it with a non paranormal explanation.  I sensed a strong feeling of agitation from Art.  Immediately following that he went to callers out of frustration I think.  I love the guy but I think he handled it poorly.  Unlike Kaku, Greene didn't seem to hold back his opinions much on the paranormal and unexplained.  Kaku has more of a kids glove approach and won't discuss it.  Maybe Art wasn't expecting to be dismissed like that.

A conceit of us humans is that any moment we individually judge to be an epiphany becomes sacred to us. It takes a very grounded ego to have someone else rationally expain the possible commonality of that event and accept it as plausible. Cuz then we have to admit we may be stupid.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on March 06, 2011, 01:27:49 PM
A conceit of us humans is that any moment we individually judge to be an epiphany becomes sacred to us. It takes a very grounded ego to have someone else rationally expain the possible commonality of that event and accept it as plausible. Cuz then we have to admit we may be stupid.

Is it not a type of self-identification with belief, hiding the fear that only our belief hides our vacuum of knowledge of who/what we are?  Like a bad throw rug over old linoleum?  I was intrigued by C Castaneda's "witches" offing themselves when their grand wizard died of liver cancer, thus engendering cognizant dissonance in their now self-chronicled characters' realities.   "What?  He did not achieve the warriors' freedom like the stories said he would, and he just died a painful medicated death like an old fuck?  Then, who the hell are we?  Let's go kill ourselves in the desert.", was the only twist they could add to their collective novels.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 06, 2011, 01:37:46 PM
Is it not a type of self-identification with belief, hiding the fear that only our belief hides our vacuum of knowledge of who/what we are?  Like a bad throw rug over old linoleum?  I was intrigued by C Castaneda's "witches" offing themselves when their grand wizard died of liver cancer, thus engendering cognizant dissonance in their now self-chronicled characters' realities.   "What?  He did not achieve the warriors' freedom like the stories said he would, and he just died a painful medicated death like an old fuck?  Then, who the hell are we?  Let's go kill ourselves in the desert.", was the only twist they could add to their collective novels.

I have no doubt that many face some form of despair when what they believe will be their fate turns out to be a sham. Not any different I suppose than the faithful spouse who spends years in belief of a happy home only to find abandonment.

I loved Casteneda's first couple books but the further along the more crazy and unintelligible they became. I have to admit though that I wanted to believe his writings were truth. They weren't. Yeah I had banked a bunch of my early acedemic studies chasing what he espoused... yep I gotta a stupid sign I wear sometimes.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on March 06, 2011, 02:51:00 PM
I loved Casteneda's first couple books but the further along the more crazy and unintelligible they became. I have to admit though that I wanted to believe his writings were truth. They weren't. Yeah I had banked a bunch of my early acedemic studies chasing what he espoused... yep I gotta a stupid sign I wear sometimes.

Not so stupid to me, not that's not saying much.  I feel that I benefited from the 1st 4 books, even though on rereading they don't do it anymore, like an empty peanut butter jar.  But at the time, they were "truthy" enough to assist in a youth's arriving at some sense of perspective, of shouldering up on some personal accountability, and they had enough southwestern flavored strangeness to interest me.  By the 5th book I no longer felt anything useful was there, even applied as allegory.   Voyaging around in the desert, yukking it up, running with the weird?  Now that's the stuff!  It's pretty much how I grew up.  But caca about a room where the gang trips out, runs sideways on the walls, hates each other, and shits out dialogue that's more easterny than dry old sAnDscrIpt scrolls just doesn't fill my taco.

This goes back to the meaning of crypto-mythology in our lives, the sense that the strange, if it's out there, might not only be interesting, but perhaps informative to our perspective of being.  But if there's no relevancy to my everyday, it's really just boring to me.  And to chip the ball back on the fairway here, that's why I and we miss the real coast like an old True Adventure mag or weird book read with a flashlight, under the blankets, late at night.

(Added post-posting) For those that are interested in the strange Castaneda epilogue, there is a good article at salon.com- http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2007/04/12/castaneda

b_dubb

i don't even bother with george's shows anymore.  i'm down to considering listening to two nights a week and then only if the shows look really interesting. 

joketojokeam.com - epic fail radio douchebaggery

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 06, 2011, 10:56:28 AM
I am insane. I must be, because I keep listening to C2C AM and expecting a different experience.
it was 2006 when i finally uttered these same words to myself.

tmock00

Please tell me I am not the only one who heard this.

In the first hour of Sunday night's show, the guest was Marla Martenson, author of a few books on relationships, including her latest, Excuse Me, Your Soulmate is Waiting.

So, George is interviewing her and goes into some story about the guy who invented Hawaiian Tropic, the skincare line, most noted for it's tanning products.  George relays how the guy is a friend of his who started the business because he didn't like the smell of other products on the market, and since the guy was also a chemistry teacher, he mixed up a batch in a garbage can and then had some "kids" go up and down the beach selling the stuff. George said he's convinced that the guy managed to become a millionaire due to his positive attitude, and asks Martenson if she agrees that an upbeat and positive attitude is important in relationships, success, and life in general.  She says she agrees, and then says something to the effect of...

"If he had kids selling it on the beach and they liked the taste of it..." and he cuts her off and launches into one of his other off-kilter questions/statements.

Now, I don't have the transcript because I don't subscribe to the Coast Insider, but I know I heard her referring to Hawaiian Tropic as a drink, and I know George heard it as well and NEVER corrected her. 

Maybe he didn't correct her because:

a) He doesn't know if his "friend" invented Hawaiian Tropic or Hawaiian Punch
b) He got his story screwed up
c) He was too embarrassed to correct her because he didn't want to seem critical
d) ?

Seriously, this is the icing on the cake for me.  I give up.

If anyone can find it word for word, and can post it here, I would appreciate it. It was about 30-40 minutes into the first hour.

George Noory Sucks.

JustOneFix

I heard the Hawaiian Tropic thing too and it did make me wonder.

For that matter, the show last night sucked ass. Coast to Coast has been reduced to a dating advice program. Noory must go!

koquinn

I Agree Knoury never liked him. I very happy listening to Archived Art Bell rather than new George!

El Kragen

Quote from: tmock00 on March 07, 2011, 03:32:42 AM
Please tell me I am not the only one who heard this.

In the first hour of Sunday night's show, the guest was Marla Martenson, author of a few books on relationships, including her latest, Excuse Me, Your Soulmate is Waiting.

If anyone can find it word for word, and can post it here, I would appreciate it. It was about 30-40 minutes into the first hour.

George Noory Sucks.

Here is an edited transcript. Sounds like neither one was listening too closely.

GN: "A friend of ours is Ron Rice, who developed Hawaiian Tropic. He was a chemistry teacher and part time football coach...and part time he was a lifeguard and he just figured 'you know what I'm gonna start mixing up these chemicals'...he didn't like the smell of these other lotions...he developed, in a garbage can, Hawaiian Tropic and he'd have little kids go out on the beach and sell it. Blah Blah Blah."

Guest: "Absolutely, he was excited that these kids were,loved his drink and they were selling it. You can do something on the side blah blah blah."

GN: "Well good for you. Lets go to..."

Typical Noory in that anyone who's ever been on the show is a "friend". And what ever happened to the "Great American Success Story" segment. I think they did like two....oh yeah George Noory and his crew abhor any kind of research or show prep.

haloedorchid

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 05, 2011, 08:34:01 PM
According to George Noory, he has been increasingly seeing shadow people.  This happens to be a classic Bipolar disorder delusion.  A simple Google search will provide you will volumes of data associating the visualization of shadow people with Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia.

I'll let everyone come to their own conclusions.

Does this mean shadow people are the new angels?

tmock00

Thank you so much, El Kragen - that's exactly what I was referring to.  ;D   I was also wondering about those Great American Success Story segments as well.  After Noory mentioned it, I could only think of one - and that was the one he mentioned.

JustOneFix: I guess it was just another stupid Noory moment that makes you go, "Hmmmm.... ."   ::)

El Kragen

Quote from: tmock00 on March 07, 2011, 02:41:04 PM
Thank you so much, El Kragen - that's exactly what I was referring to.  ;D   I was also wondering about those Great American Success Story segments as well.  After Noory mentioned it, I could only think of one - and that was the one he mentioned.

JustOneFix: I guess it was just another stupid Noory moment that makes you go, "Hmmmm.... ."   ::)

Another one was a vacuum guy but I can't remember if it was Oreck or Dyson.

haloedorchid

Quote from: anagrammy on March 04, 2011, 08:25:32 AM
Tonight's show, which we all remember used to be all Open Lines, will have a guest To Be Announced at the beginning of the show.  I am looking closely at programming changes trying to read tea leaves, and I'm thinking there are two reasons for not having all Open Lines:  Noory can't handle it AND/OR there aren't enough callers.

They must not be using this service:
http://www.tabletmag.com/life-and-religion/58759/radio-daze

bmd88

Quote from: anagrammy on March 05, 2011, 03:37:33 PM
low IQ and Southern accent

:'( HEY! Some of us Southerners have a high enough IQ to know Snoory sucks!

lasertron

a friend of mine in radio worked in st. louis with noory back in the nighthawk days and says EVERYBODY in radio there has a "noory story." I guess he was a regular at the strip joints.

b_dubb

Quote from: lasertron on March 07, 2011, 05:50:13 PM
a friend of mine in radio worked in st. louis with noory back in the nighthawk days and says EVERYBODY in radio there has a "noory story." I guess he was a regular at the strip joints.
he'll fit right in out in LA.  Noory: Grandpa Sex Monster. explains his ridiculous dye job / toupee.  also .. maybe the guy has syphilis and the disease is slowly rotting away the areas in his brain responsible for speech and reasoning?

MikeD

So apparently Limbaugh had to answer allegations he uses actors as scripted call-ins to his show, which he largely denied.

However, companies apparently can be paid to hire call-in actors to a show.

So the question...the praise for Noory...bought?

b_dubb

Mike ... it's not just praise ... it's GUSHING, obsequious praise.  so yes.  but do you think Noory knows?  or is mgmt hiring shills without his knowledge? 

this is totally fitting.  a conspiracy theory about a radio show that frequently features conspiracy theories.  maybe they'll do a show about themselves in the near future?

Noory - "Coast to Coast Am.  Are we completely full of shit?  Can you believe anything we say?  Are we without scruples?  The answers to those questions after a word from our sponsors."

lasertron

Quote from: b_dubb on March 07, 2011, 06:05:09 PM
.. maybe the guy has syphilis and the disease is slowly rotting away the areas in his brain responsible for speech and reasoning?

oh dear.

MikeD

http://www.premiereradio.com/shows/view/premiere_on_call.html

Premiere actually owns the company that offers to call-in actors to LOCAL radio shows, though they claim their big news talk programs never use the service.

While it looks like they've pulled some info from the page since the story broke...

Woww.... there's actually an audition link...

robey1129

I don't think the Nooron would spend too much time in the strip clubs.....cause it doesn't take long to get rid of five one dollar bills.

robey1129

Ha......I just followed your link to Premier Radio's site and then to Premier's C2C crap. It promotes the show as dealing with "unexplained (often unexplicable)" things. Honesty in Advertising? They might be referring to the Noroon's mental handicaps yet still a radio talk show host.

Not surprised about scripted callers. Look, just listen to C-Span if you want to hear what real, unfiltered callers sound like. Raw, uncensored, ignorance, stupidity and paranoia at it's best. It's a mess that gives you real insight as to what sort of kooks there really are in this world. There's no way a guy who gets paid a lot of money to push a crafted political agenda like Limpballs, or a dolt like George could handle three to four hours of that.