• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

haloedorchid

Quote from: MV on December 04, 2010, 12:59:24 AM
hmm... i get sort of tired of people using angelina jolie as this sort of "go-to gal" when attempting to make a point involving a steamy woman of some sort.  ok, she's obviously got something going on... but i never quite found her to be my type.

That's funny, I was just thinking earlier about how often I hear Angelina Jolie as the requisite Most Beautiful Woman In The World That Ever Existed Ever. Kind of like how people reference George Clooney as the Most Handsome Man Ever when he's really not.

haloedorchid

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 04, 2010, 02:14:10 AM
Ok now theres a guy on who says "Right?" every 15 seconds, who gave a 35 second intro on how great Noory is.

I forgot why I didnt listen to Noory anymore. I remember now.

Sports talk will have to save me tonight

That's annoying. The worst is when there's a guest who says "you know what I mean?" after every 2-3 sentences. I cringe on their behalf.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on December 04, 2010, 04:00:16 AM
Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 04, 2010, 02:14:10 AM
Ok now theres a guy on who says "Right?" every 15 seconds, who gave a 35 second intro on how great Noory is.

I forgot why I didnt listen to Noory anymore. I remember now.

Sports talk will have to save me tonight

That's annoying. The worst is when there's a guest who says "you know what I mean?" after every 2-3 sentences. I cringe on their behalf.
yeah, that's a really bad one.

seven7

Anybody hear Noron say "likiweaks" at the start of last nights show?

Angelina Jolie is old news. Ten years ago she was worthy of her lofty status when she was Tomb Raider, but she's too thin now. Scarlett Johansson has supplanted her. Not that I'd kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

Someone from Nighthawk Zone called in (George went on and on about them before he took the call) last night and said he had a bone to pick with George and Hoaxland. He was complaining that they don't recognize the face on Mars is OBVIOUSLY a tribute to some Aztec/Mayan/whatever ancient culture God. I actually think George handled it pretty well, with pretty much a sarcastic Ian-like reply of "Well, maybe no one has pointed it out before, maybe you should call in next time the subject comes up and bring it to the table, but you know there ARE these things called opinions". The guy sounded like a total hayseed sadsack(Hey, did one of you call in faking it?) and it's pathetic to get schooled by George. I also wonder if he'll be shunned for questioning King Snoor.

Araemc

I don't know what you people are talking about. George Noory is an open minded and caring person; I love having him as the main Coast to Coast host!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: seven7 on December 04, 2010, 10:13:22 AM
Anybody hear Noron say "likiweaks" at the start of last nights show?
bwahahahah, nope... wish i had, tho.

HAL 9000

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on December 04, 2010, 07:41:45 PMSomeone from Nighthawk Zone called in (George went on and on about them before he took the call) last night and said he had a bone to pick with George and Hoaxland. He was complaining that they don't recognize the face on Mars is OBVIOUSLY a tribute to some Aztec/Mayan/whatever ancient culture God. I actually think George handled it pretty well, with pretty much a sarcastic Ian-like reply of "Well, maybe no one has pointed it out before, maybe you should call in next time the subject comes up and bring it to the table, but you know there ARE these things called opinions". The guy sounded like a total hayseed sadsack(Hey, did one of you call in faking it?) and it's pathetic to get schooled by George. I also wonder if he'll be shunned for questioning King Snoor.

Indeed, your analysis is astute. You can listen to the segment (actually some music added for fun) at the links below.

ONE CAN DOWNLOAD THE ORIGINAL MP3 HERE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dlk7gwpvl1p91ld

YOU CAN LISTEN EASILY BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK:
http://soundcloud.com/digitalwizard/fascinating-nhz-discussion

Similar topic and coverage in this thread: (in this area at least - 2 threads were merged so might want to rescan to whole thread)

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,550.msg29552/topicseen.htm

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Araemc on December 05, 2010, 01:01:28 AM
I don't know what you people are talking about. George Noory is an open minded and caring person; I love having him as the main Coast to Coast host!
i can understand someone feeling that way about george... but for me, he's always been too open minded.  he doesn't challenge guests/callers the way i'd want from a host.  that was the first thing that annoyed me about him during my two-year "give george a chance" phase.

Oh that is such a funny poll!  Sincerely, that has me rolling in the floor.  It is a poll and the two options are "no"!  I have to say that this poll just increased the quality of my day.  I run a small forum (nothing like this big successful thang" and I will remember that "teckneek"!

I have no problem with Noory.  He does a good job, quite a lot better if I were doing the radio show.  IMHO, some feel that way because of their love and appreciation for Art and the wonderful job he did over the years.  Sorta like having your father move / pass on, and you are upset with your moms new boyfriend/ husband...understandable.  Art is fine, in the Phillipines and living a great life with his wife and daughter.  We should all be so lucky.

Isn't it great when we are able to hear and participate in the all to infrequent actial live Art Bell shows.  I really like them.  For so long i was the leader of the Art Bell Fan Club in Las Vegas.  What a wild ride that was :)  we had one guy (free country) that had tin foil inside his baseball cap so no one could hear, pick up or participate in his thoughts.  he was cool and a very nice guy.  Yes, he was different, but aren't we all original as well! :)

Don, Las Vegas
www.FreeViceForum.com

Geeeeeoorge? Is that yeeewww?

11angeleyes11

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on December 05, 2010, 12:57:19 PM

Geeeeeoorge? Is that yeeewww?
I thought so teeewww!

b_dubb

they may have forgotten to use <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags when they posted that

Like George, I have never gotten a "secret door" guest wrong!  ;)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on December 04, 2010, 07:41:45 PM
Angelina Jolie is old news. Ten years ago she was worthy of her lofty status when she was Tomb Raider, but she's too thin now. Scarlett Johansson has supplanted her. Not that I'd kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

Someone from Nighthawk Zone called in (George went on and on about them before he took the call) last night and said he had a bone to pick with George and Hoaxland. He was complaining that they don't recognize the face on Mars is OBVIOUSLY a tribute to some Aztec/Mayan/whatever ancient culture God. I actually think George handled it pretty well, with pretty much a sarcastic Ian-like reply of "Well, maybe no one has pointed it out before, maybe you should call in next time the subject comes up and bring it to the table, but you know there ARE these things called opinions". The guy sounded like a total hayseed sadsack(Hey, did one of you call in faking it?) and it's pathetic to get schooled by George. I also wonder if he'll be shunned for questioning King Snoor.

The old guy sounded like a real intellectual.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on December 05, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
they may have forgotten to use <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags when they posted that
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Stevenqbosell

Let's hope Noory retires in 2012. God I wish Clear Channel doesn't resign him...

KMKMKM

One thing I've always hated about George is how he introduces callers during open lines.
"let's go to ___________ in ____________.  Hey _________, welcome to the show(or "go ahead")!"
First, he says the person's name and location, but it seems like whenever there's the opportunity, he always says the nickname version(Jonathan/Johnny, Joseph/Joey, Andrew/Andy, etc.) of it the second time.  I'm sure it's an attempt to be more "personable" but it bugs the hell out of me, and it's so predictable when he's going to do it.

haloedorchid

Quote from: KMKMKM on December 06, 2010, 09:38:25 PM
One thing I've always hated about George is how he introduces callers during open lines.
"let's go to ___________ in ____________.  Hey _________, welcome to the show(or "go ahead")!"
First, he says the person's name and location, but it seems like whenever there's the opportunity, he always says the nickname version(Jonathan/Johnny, Joseph/Joey, Andrew/Andy, etc.) of it the second time.  I'm sure it's an attempt to be more "personable" but it bugs the hell out of me, and it's so predictable when he's going to do it.

That's funny -- when I used to listen I notice he would always start off with the person's name as it's on his screen, and if it was a diminutive name, he would then refer to their full name. Like, "Let's go to Tim in Utah. Hey, Timothy, go ahead!". He must be switching it up now.

I get irritated over his mispronunciations like saying the word "open" as "OWN-PEN". Adding an "N" unnecessarily. There's too many others to list and I've blocked them out of my memory, but I always hated that one especially. OWN-PEN lines. Ugh.

KMKMKM

Quote from: haloedorchid on December 07, 2010, 12:19:53 AM

That's funny -- when I used to listen I notice he would always start off with the person's name as it's on his screen, and if it was a diminutive name, he would then refer to their full name. Like, "Let's go to Tim in Utah. Hey, Timothy, go ahead!". He must be switching it up now.

I get irritated over his mispronunciations like saying the word "open" as "OWN-PEN". Adding an "N" unnecessarily. There's too many others to list and I've blocked them out of my memory, but I always hated that one especially. OWN-PEN lines. Ugh.

You may be right on the order now that I think of it, key is he RARELY calls the person by the same name twice and it drives me crazy!

Quote from: KMKMKM on December 07, 2010, 12:50:36 AM
Quote from: haloedorchid on December 07, 2010, 12:19:53 AM

You may be right on the order now that I think of it, key is he RARELY calls the person by the same name twice and it drives me crazy!

True. Almost makes you wonder how he'd introduce himself if he were a caller. "Let's go to OWN-PEN lines with George in St. Louis - go ahead Georgie!" (here's your BIG chance to be on the air with ME!)

valdez

I thought George's guest on sunday, Rabbi Moshe Yess, in spite of a slight "dweeb" factor, was interesting, and an attempt by George to do something different, but how do you interview a Rabbi proclaiming that the end is at hand, and that the true messiah was some guy from Brooklyn (not knocking Brooklyn, born and raised there, the "garden spot of America" as Ed Norton once said), but who was now dead, kind of, and will return, and not mention the guy who was born in..eh...well..Bethlehem 2000 years ago, and not once even bring him up?  Twice recently George has been told by a guest (RCH last week, William Henry on Monday) that Planet X doesn't exist.  Give it up, George, you are embarrassing yourself with that Planet X crap, and I wouldn't call it "going out on limb" by predicting some solar event in 2012 since most of science is expecting it as well.  Alex Jones is connecting Cass Sunstein (one of Beck's favorite usual suspects) with Wikileaks?  Hmmm.

valdez

Susan Smith Jones, "The Joy Factor", was a little too perky for me, with all that "everything you need is within you" crap that I don't want to hear, especially around this time of year.  Everything I need right now is at Walmart.  Dr. Bob Curran, Irishman, talking about man made monsters.  He spoke a lot about "Frankenstein", one of the first novels I ever read, back when I was ten, and I seem to recall being completely enthralled with the little book.  I think I still got a copy laying around somewhere.

davboz

I'm George. Since I'm a teenager I've always admired how 14 year-old girls spoke. That's why to this day I still pronounce all my "ing" word endings as soundeen like "een". Cute and harmless is how I'm soundeen. It's one of my main mechagnisms.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: davboz on December 12, 2010, 10:30:29 PM
I'm George. Since I'm a teenager I've always admired how 14 year-old girls spoke. That's why to this day I still pronounce all my "ing" word endings as soundeen like "een". Cute and harmless is how I'm soundeen. It's one of my main mechagnisms.
hey, davboz!  long time no see.

ringthane

Captain Sweeney tonight: "Ahoy to you and all your listeners."

I feel like I'm in a dream, or a Candid Camera episode sometimes when listening to Coast it's so bad. Like someone is going to run into my room some night and declare "ha ha, fooled you! Ok, Art's back at the helm now."

davboz

(Howdy)  Absolutely! It's out there. It's everywhere.

SnapT

Another caller just brought up THE FOURTH KIND *again*, claiming it was a fact-based story, and Noory did nothing to correct him.  You'd think he'd have Wikipedia'd it by now!