• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on August 22, 2014, 11:57:10 PM
Yes I was wondering that too.  Also I'd like to know does the freezing cause any damage at the cellular level?
Yep, unless they have some kind of anti-freeze to put in the veins?

yumyumtree

Yes, as I understand it, this damage is the big stumbling block. Maybe Onan will weigh in and explain it.

In case of EMP, or something less dramatic, like the company falling behind in its power bill, of course they're screwed. But in case of EMP, this will be least of the things living people are worrying about.

zeebo

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 23, 2014, 12:03:52 AM
In case of EMP, or something less dramatic, like the company falling behind in its power bill, of course they're screwed. But in case of EMP, this will be least of the things living people are worrying about.

Yes and the people in cryo will be worrying even less about it.   ::)

Yes, if cells freeze too slowly, and it is difficult to freeze them in a lump of meat quickly, ice crystals grow too large and rupture cell membranes.  Some animals have a natural antifreeze that prevents ice crystals from nucleating or something like that -- I'm not certain if the details.  Maybe they cause all the liquid to nucleate simultaneously.  In any case, the guest did say that in their cryonic process they replace the blood with an antifreeze and while there is some cellular damage it is limited.  I'm not sure what that means.. limited damage to all your cells still equals death I would think

I am aware of successfully freezing a liver and bringing it back, but that was some time ago.  They may have made additional advances since then.

MisguideThem

Quote from: George Noory cryo... retically?
/quote]

...Really? How are we 1.5 hours in, and he forgets the word"cryogenically"?

MTB

If we froze Sinatra and brought him back he'd be depressed because music changed and he wouldn't have a hit? REALLY? Again? I think someone is working through some issues on the air.

If the soul does not come back to the body when its reanimated, I guess the reanimated would be akin to zombies.  That would make a great zombie film.  Or maybe a reworking of the Frankenstein mythos.

Quote from: MTB on August 23, 2014, 01:20:00 AM
If we froze Sinatra and brought him back he'd be depressed because music changed and he wouldn't have a hit? REALLY? Again? I think someone is working through some issues on the air.

Sinatra would still be Sinatra but he would undoubtedly hate the contemporary music industry with the rap crap, Gagas and Cyrii.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dateline on August 22, 2014, 11:07:33 PM
Maybe you will hear some real Sea Stories.

I doubt George can even hum a few lines of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

Juan Cena

Quote from: ItsOver on August 22, 2014, 05:01:52 PM
Hahaha. :)) wr250s photoshop comes to mind, with El Snooro's head stuck on top of The Tall Man's body.  Eeeeeeeeek!

Tall Man? Is that anything like Slender Man?  :o

MTB

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 23, 2014, 01:29:13 AM
Sinatra would still be Sinatra but he would undoubtedly hate the contemporary music industry with the rap crap, Gagas and Cyrii.

Of course he would. At one point he said the same kinds of things about the Beatles.

Quote from: MTB on August 23, 2014, 01:52:38 AM
Of course he would. At one point he said the same kinds of things about the Beatles.

I'd have to disagree. He said that Something was the greatest love song of the last 50 years (1920-1970). That would encompass almost the entire phonographic era. 

Extra drunken crazed callers tonight

Someone just mentioned retirement. Noory said 'retirements not even in the wind anymore'..

Long live the hot air.

Nick el Ass

My favorite comment of the night came when Neorge brought up of all people Paris Hilton, and her being frozen with a bunch of Carl's, Jr. Hamburgers. Tommy must have the tv going in the cave which would explain his being distracted at times. I started to giggle, but that quickly turned to me turning off the radio because I didn't want to even hear open lines. 

Quote from: popple on August 23, 2014, 02:56:21 AM
HAHAHA! Did he really say that?
He did.
The caller was talking crazy about how people will soon die, their life payout will happen from life insurance, and then they will come back to retire on it. George said retirement for him isn't even in the wind.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on August 23, 2014, 05:37:49 AM
... George said retirement for him isn't even in the wind.

Hopefully, it's in his inbox

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on August 22, 2014, 11:55:36 PM
Noory should ask what happens if power is disrupted to the freezing labs for an extended period from an EMP...
Do the customers get a refund in that case?
With Jorch's recent interest in EMP, I wonder if Jorch has a financial interest in something related to stand-alone power generators.  Stock up on gasoline or some alcohol-making contraption like that one C2C guest talks about and you're good to go.  Nah, I can't believe Jorch has put that much thought in to that or anything else.  I am surprised, though, some generator outfit hasn't popped-up yet on C2C with some commercials.  A good match for the survival food commercials.

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on August 23, 2014, 06:41:55 AM
With Jorch's recent interest in EMP, I wonder if Jorch has a financial interest in something related to stand-alone power generators...
Oh, but there is a tie-in.  I seem to recall that if you call the company he plugs and say the name "George" they will come out and evaluate your home for free and look at your needs for a generator. (that's right, a one million dollar value, yours free if you just mention the name "George" when you call 1-800....)

Certainly as of August 8th he had an interest in Generators.  I do not know if it was a one time thing because I just cannot listen anymore.
Quote from: wotr1 on August 08, 2014, 02:39:45 AM
I heard George give a plug to a generator company.  Is this something new?  Being the cynic I am I was wondering why he was suddenly concerned about an EMP wiping out the grid... Now I hear him plugging generators and am waiting for the tie in... Somewhere there has to be a self-serving reason for Noory to be involved in his new pet project.

I didn't listen to much of the program last night but I do wonder not only whether cryogenically frozen people could ever be brought back due to cellular damage, but also why would anyone ever want to bring them back?  By the time it might be possible to revive them and cure their diseases not even their descendents are going to remember who they were or care.  Who else is going to care to bring back old men and women into an already overpopulated world?   

Then there is the turnover rate of companies these days.  How long does the average company last?  How likely is it someone will continue to maintain these bodies for a century or more?  And, of course there are the aforementioned power loss concerns.  I think this whole thing is a scam.  The company or companies that do this have no expectation of ever reviving the bodies.  They just need to hold them long enough that everyone forgets who they were.

Sorry if this was mentioned on the broadcast but I don't expect George to ask questions like these.

Rico999

Quote from: Morgus on August 22, 2014, 08:08:43 PM
From Noory's past statements he got in the navy with a "presidential commission" while Reagan was president in the early 1980s. He got out after 10 years, just before his unit was supposed to go to Iraq for the first Gulf War...
Noory wished he would have made Lt Commander, to be like James Bond 007 (Commander Bond)  8)

Right, now I remember that was when he entered the service.   He must've needed to pad his income and also have something sexy to put on his resume.  It was still post-Vietnam and he probably had no problem getting in.  Training it seems, must've been minimal in his case.  A guy who spent NINE+ years in the Navy and never found out what a "sea story" is, had no business getting promoted past Lieutenant (equivalent to Marine/Army/AF "Captain").   I'm sure his superior officers agreed.   He said he "almost" made LCDR, but there's no almost.  You make it or you don't.  If you get passed over twice, you're encouraged to resign.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 23, 2014, 01:27:09 AM
If the soul does not come back to the body when its reanimated, I guess the reanimated would be akin to zombies.  That would make a great zombie film.  Or maybe a reworking of the Frankenstein mythos.

We could call them "Thawsies".

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 23, 2014, 01:58:43 AM
I'd have to disagree. He said that Something was the greatest love song of the last 50 years (1920-1970). That would encompass almost the entire phonographic era.

On the down-side I think he once referred to it as a Lennon/McCartney song.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 23, 2014, 01:35:47 PM
I didn't listen to much of the program last night but I do wonder not only whether cryogenically frozen people could ever be brought back due to cellular damage, but also why would anyone ever want to bring them back?  By the time it might be possible to revive them and cure their diseases not even their descendents are going to remember who they were or care.  Who else is going to care to bring back old men and women into an already overpopulated world?   

Then there is the turnover rate of companies these days.  How long does the average company last?  ...

Good questions, GFP.  I think Noory missed them, but he did cover the whole Walt Disney thing.   ::)

Morgus

The guest last night did cover many mishaps that have already occurred with the hundreds of frozen bodies over the past few decades.
He told of the first guy frozen back in the 1960s who they had to keep frozen with dried ice for awhile and accidently "squished" his nose in and now thats permanent.
Also one frozen body's container suffered a leak and was found only after a monthly check which was too late.
Also many callers were afraid of being unfrozen without the use of their arms like the arms broke off while frozen?

ItsOver

Quote from: wotr1 on August 23, 2014, 01:20:45 PM
Oh, but there is a tie-in.  I seem to recall that if you call the company he plugs and say the name "George" they will come out and evaluate your home for free and look at your needs for a generator. (that's right, a one million dollar value, yours free if you just mention the name "George" when you call 1-800....)

Certainly as of August 8th he had an interest in Generators.  I do not know if it was a one time thing because I just cannot listen anymore.
Thanks for the info.  As suspected.  It's all about the $.

Quote from: Morgus on August 23, 2014, 04:56:34 PM

Also many callers were afraid of being unfrozen without the use of their arms like the arms broke off while frozen?

Maybe they're worried George will take a sledge hammer to them so he can test his hypothesis that they would shatter?

Quote from: zeebo on August 23, 2014, 03:21:45 PM
Good questions, GFP.  I think Noory missed them, but he did cover the whole Walt Disney thing.   ::)

Thanks Zeebo.  By the way, you know I just don't think somebody like Walt Disney would ever make it on the planet today.  Did I ever mention that?