• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Scully

Quote from: Morgus on November 07, 2013, 12:28:19 AM
Noory did report on and mention Billy Mumy and Dr. Smith's 99th birthday near the start of the show tonight afterall... :D

We can always count on Ole Jorchie to be sweet and kind.  He's a true mensch. <dripping sarcasm>

Note to those newly charmed by GN: Con men are the nicest people in the world.  That's how they make their living.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on November 06, 2013, 06:21:34 PM
C'mon dolphin ... you can do it.  You tried with George, against a wall of opposition.  Sure it ultimately stalled out like most here who've tried and failed.  But it's Art now!  So go out there, and fight off those trolls like a dolphin kicks ass on a shark!  :)

Don't you worry! I'm all greased up and slippery with George's flavored butter and lookin' for a fight. I was at it last night in the quit thread. I'll go after more tonight.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 07, 2013, 01:08:31 AM
Don't you worry! I'm all greased up and slippery with George's flavored butter and lookin' for a fight. I was at it last night in the quit thread. I'll go after more tonight.

Yeah ummm I'd like to see anyone defends tonight's 1st guest as entertaining.

That was Brutal!

SciFiAuthor

I turned it off. Definitely sounded like a miracle cure infomercial.

TumbleWeed

I think the constant needed to make special relativity work, has been stareing us in the face the last 10 years.

The suckage of jorge is constant and never ending.

It's the only thing anyone can be sure of.

Everything in the universe depends on it.

Falkie2013

Speaking of slathering up things with butter, here $noory butters me uo.

george@coasttocoastam.com

4:17 PM (10 hours ago)

to me

Thank you for the kind words on the gabcast. You are THE GUY from Pittsburgh.

Appreciate it

GN

Like I should be ANOTHER Guy From Pittsburgh ?

Oy, gevalt.

$noory buttering me up too ?
WTF ?

valdez

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 06, 2013, 10:52:31 AM
Somewhere between sucking and winning.
...I'm all greased up and slippery...
Quote from: Luna on November 07, 2013, 05:32:02 AM
If Art bought KNYE...
George's cookbook promo (a "to serve man" skit) came close to being somewhat creative.  John Grey is ok up unil he starts talking about his testosterones, then things get queazy.  Heidi Hollis sounds so cool, and real, to be nuts.  I hope all that aliens/hat man/shadow person stuff is just her way of milking the paranormal market for all its worth.  George uses the term "I'm convinced..." about a lot of things I'm sure he doesn't really believe in, and tonight he qualified it with: "I'm convinced, without any evidence, that ...."  Can you be convinced of something with no evidence?  I suppose you can if you are the king of the late night.  I'm convinced you suck, George.  With pages and pages of evidence.

the Snoorology Research Institute's evidence chamber
level 1

expat

Polonium, George, Polonium. Not the same thing as Plutonium.

zeebo

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 07, 2013, 02:32:02 AM
Yeah ummm I'd like to see anyone defends tonight's 1st guest as entertaining.

That was Brutal!

I admit I turned it on hoping it would be ok and was like, what is this?  Oh jeez such a waste of airtime.

DanTSX

More like his manbutter, you apologist seat sniffer

DanTSX

George,

I thought I told you to fuck off. 

Don't call us.  We will call you.

Mister no such things as coincidences finding it only a coincidence that you had Oates on same week DM came back.

valdez

Quote from: MV on November 07, 2013, 12:19:33 PM
Curtis Thornton (themudking) and I do a technology podcast called The Spec Sheet.  Some of you are already aware of this.  On the November 5th show (which you can listen to here), George Noory called in as we spoke about Art's departure from SiriusXM.  During the call, George mentioned he'd like to reappear on the show and take questions from all of you without limitation.  He mentioned a private message he'd sent to me about the matter, but I hadn't read the message at the time he mentioned it.  Well, yesterday I finally got around to reading the message.

It says pretty much what he said it would, with one additional bit.  In order to appear on our show, he wants the George Noory Sucks thread to be removed and replaced with something more "positive."  Again, I say... this guy's got some balls.  Wrecking balls.  The type that take down fortified steel structures.

George, we get it.  You came on the show, you were nice, admitted a few faults, answered a couple of my ill conceived questions, and generally made a couple of friends.  However, I don't see how this changes anything with regard to the ongoing existence of the GNS thread.  It's merely a repository of thoughts and opinions people have expressed about you and/or your show.  Sure, those thoughts and opinions aren't always positive, but based on the name of the thread, one shouldn't expect them to be.  The thread is packed with comedy gold, history, references to long forgotten events, and general brilliance.  Rather than delete it, I'd like to have it professionally printed and sold at B&N.

The GNS thread is what it is.  It sprouted organically, it's responsible for the very existence of this forum, and it's here to stay.  Also, George, you've been posting in that thread for some time now, which as I see things, seems to even further demonstrate the thread's validity.

Godspeed, onward and upward, and don't stop believin'.

Discuss.

Quote from: UFO Fill on November 07, 2013, 01:11:33 PM
Shouldn't this be in the George Noory Sucks thread?

Yes. 

Quote from: valdez on November 07, 2013, 02:05:02 PM
     Yes.

This story never ends! This is better entertainment than either radio program. Lets get Art and George on the same show! I would love that.

coaster

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 07, 2013, 12:16:54 AM
Based on what, 5 minutes of him on a podcast. Him coming on here and saying he didn't post guest.

I mean in all honesty we know nothing about jorch personally.

Seriously the best defense someone can mount for noories radio hostin abilities is, at least he shows up. Well you know what hitler showed up to his job to.

Also I flat out don't believe George's story about Tommy not telling the ghost buster gals they couldn't be on coast if they went on DM. The goat buster gals had 0 reason to lie about it.

Let us not also forget about Oates and the timing of it, that was flat out wrong.

Also the it's over and we are the champion bumper music was in poor taste last night.

George might have 3.25 listeners but how many listen because their only other option is sports or news.
I'm just too tired to hate anymore. I have nothing left in me. The bumper music was tacky though.

Coz

Ok....

ok.... after getting over the initial shock of Art's demise... Well....

George still sucks!

Quote from: Coz on November 07, 2013, 04:00:59 PM
Ok....

ok.... after getting over the initial shock of Art's demise... Well....

George still sucks!

Is Art dead now? Shit, this just gets worse.

Coz

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on November 07, 2013, 04:09:57 PM

Not dead... but I doubt we'll hear him on any type of radio.

Oh: Noory sucks!

Coz

Ran across this comment on the AB site on the test stream page:

QuoteYou know....even air traffic control is better than Noory.

Amen

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on November 07, 2013, 04:09:57 PM
When Art is dead, he will suck less than when George is alive, as if.

Quote from: expat on November 07, 2013, 08:49:44 AM
Polonium, George, Polonium. Not the same thing as Plutonium.

Don't even bother. As far as Jorch is concerned, they both begin with p, and that's enough for him. Coulda been worse, coulda been Polonius.

QuoteWorld Turmoil/ Ancient Monuments
Thu 11-07
First Half: Author and adventurer Robert Young Pelton discusses modern warfare and security issues, current areas of turmoil, and his Expedition Kony project.

2nd Half: Best-selling author Erich von Däniken addresses his latest work on mysterious underground complexes, geometrically aligned stone circles, and the pyramids of Egypt.

Sounds like this could be another classic C2C!  Thank you Mr. Noory for providing FREE entertainment for all of us loyal fans.

Bigfoot

Quote from: forgottenpassword on November 07, 2013, 07:17:27 PM
Sounds like this could be another classic C2C!  Thank you Mr. Noory for providing FREE entertainment for all of us loyal fans.

It's not exactly free when you're paying for it with a little bit of your soul and intellect every time you listen...

Textor

Quote from: forgottenpassword on November 07, 2013, 07:17:27 PM

Entertainment seems like a strong word, there.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: DanTSX on November 07, 2013, 10:10:11 AM
More like his manbutter, you apologist seat sniffer

At least I actually like the show/s and will stand up for something. You seem to shit on both George and Art every moment you get for no apparent reason other than to look like a complete jackass in front of a forum full of people. You do a fine job, but I'll be damned if I can figure out why you bother.

DanTSX

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 07, 2013, 11:47:12 PM
At least I actually like the show/s and will stand up for something. You seem to shit on both George and Art every moment you get for no apparent reason other than to look like a complete jackass in front of a forum full of people. You do a fine job, but I'll be damned if I can figure out why you bother.

George, yes.
Art, no.

I am very supportive of Art.  No idea where you are getting the idea I am anything but.

You may resume gargling Tommy's balls now.

NoMoreNoory

A classic Nooron moment as he attempts to wrap the 'someone deformed tongue' around 'hydrogenated oils'. His first attempt collapsed in a morass of 'juh' noises, emerging as something along the lines of 'hydrojuhjuhnated'. Bravely he backed off from this and made another attempt, succeeding in coming up with 'hydro-jenn-ated'. Bravo, Dave. Sadly, all his hard work was undone by the presence of another 'juh' sound lurking at the beginning of the word 'generally' later in the same sentence, which had him stumbling and spluttering all over again.

Suck Suckety Suck Suck Suck.

TumbleWeed

Wow, Jorch should see if Hoover needs a spokesman

" The onlything that sucks like I do, is a Hoover!"

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: DanTSX on November 08, 2013, 12:25:14 AM
George, yes.
Art, no.

I am very supportive of Art.  No idea where you are getting the idea I am anything but.

You may resume gargling Tommy's balls now.

This from someone that said, in so many words, very early on, that you didn't give a fuck if DM came back or not. Yeah, that was constructive and supportive, especially when the place was full of trolls.

You already used the ball gargling one on MV. It's a little stale now.

Morgus

I see the upcoming week's schedule for c2cam is up tonight.
It appears Noory is still 'poaching' recent Art Bell guests - he has Timothy Good scheduled for next week...

Bigfoot

Quote from: Morgus on November 08, 2013, 01:26:22 AM
I see the upcoming week's schedule for c2cam is up tonight.
It appears Noory is still 'poaching' recent Art Bell guests - he has Timothy Good scheduled for next week...

I was disappointed when I saw DM's first weekly line-up.  I was comforted by all those here who said "oh, he's just trying to get his mojo back / oh, he's just trying to acclimate new listeners to his gig" etc. etc. 

Frankly, I think it was more like Art poaching C2C-tier guests.  I was hoping for Art to come back and breathe some fresh air into these topics, not go panhandling for the shit flecks that get recycled on all these shows. 

Fuck it.