• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: aldousburbank on September 13, 2013, 09:59:18 AM
I hate to sound simultaneously agreeable and contrary but, while I get what Jesus is saying, Christ knows "The Truth" will never be exposed at the public trough as in lunch being served. It is a sandwich you make yourself and you don't have enough bread to feed anyone but you and your loved ones and friends, if they're hungry enough for whole wheat non-sugar-coated reality. Remember what the dormouse said, feed your head. Not everybody else's. Just a fucking hippie's opinion.

That was some good shit, huh?

aldousburbank

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 13, 2013, 10:20:26 AM
That was some good shit, huh?
No, I think you are referring to the life is like a shit sandwich theory.

starrmtn001

Here's another "Free Trial" link.  No Credit Card Required.   :D

http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial
Try SiriusXM Internet Radio for Free

Register now for a 30 day trial.

Experience over 155 channels of commercial-free music, plus sports, news, talk, comedy & entertainment. It's quick and easy to register â€" no credit card required.

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 13, 2013, 10:59:54 AM

Experience over 155 channels of commercial-free music, plus sports, news, talk, comedy & entertainment. It's quick and easy to register â€" no credit card required.

Have you already signed-up this way and verified you can get Art's channel with no problem?  Sounds good.

starrmtn001

Quote from: sharkbait on September 13, 2013, 05:38:15 AM
Great work Bateman and another thank you to Maxwell.

I think Dave is getting worried. With Art Bell coming back he's already getting ready for another career as evidenced by his appearance as the customer in this commercial. It looks like the stress is getting to him as he's gained a few lb's and needs to adjust his rug.

NAPA KNOW HOW

Look at the clock in the background, top right.  Is that 11:11? :o ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2013, 11:09:34 AM
Have you already signed-up this way and verified you can get Art's channel with no problem?  Sounds good.

No, just found out about it.  I'll get back to you as soon as I find out.  Yeah, I know.  Confirm then post.  :-[

starrmtn001

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 13, 2013, 12:40:12 PM
No, just found out about it.  I'll get back to you as soon as I find out.  Yeah, I know.  Confirm then post.  :-[

I'm planning to sign up on the 16th.  I checked the sites program and channel guide.  There's really a lot of stuff.  No I didn't find Art's show yet.
Here's the link again for those who know how to navigate sites better than I.  Just wanted to add it to the list of links we have to choose from.

starrmtn001

Quote from: coaster on September 13, 2013, 12:37:26 PM
Seems like there has got to be a catch somewhere, but it works.

Thank you coaster.

LAM4:2

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2013, 11:09:34 AM
I just signed up myself for the free trial, It gets channel 104 which is the Indie channel the one Art Bell's show is going to be on.

Tinfoil Hat

I am sooo looking forward to this thread sink into the abyss of absolute obscurity it truly deserves once Art returns on Monday.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 13, 2013, 12:29:16 PM
Look at the clock in the background, top right.  Is that 11:11? :o ;D

LOL - great catch starrmtn001!  "There are no coinshidenceshs." 

Tinfoil Hat

You guys do realize how incredibly irrelevant this entire thread will become in less than four day's time?

Art's back! Dave can return from under the rock from whence he sprang.

lonevoice

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2013, 10:15:47 AM
Sounds good to me.  We're talking about a radio legend who made talking about a hole in the ground a classic.
A classic beloved by millions, and never forgotten.  And he's back in  3 days 5 hours 37 minutes.   :)

Catching up on the thread this afternoon and wanted to thank you guys for making it fun again.  Moustache in the pajamas, raccoon in the garbage can portal, and so much more.   Great quick fire sketching by Chine, too.  Thanks for sharing those!

Special thanks to the mysterious Maxwell, who must be popping in and out from another dimension.  How does he do it?!?  After listening to the mp3 of Bateman's Maryanne the lady with two cats who are geminis (fantastic call, Bateman!),  it wasn't hard to imagine how Art Bell would have turned that call into something so fun. 

Art Bell:  Oh, my.  You have TWO cats and they are both Geminis?   Are they Siamese twins? 

He could have riffed on it for a good 10 minutes.   Maybe Maryanne and her ensemble will call Art once in awhile just so we can all hear and remember how the real king of overnight radio does it. 

ItsOver

Quote from: LAM4:2 on September 13, 2013, 02:06:28 PM
I just signed up myself for the free trial, It gets channel 104 which is the Indie channel the one Art Bell's show is going to be on.

Just to be sure, this is the "no credit card required" deal? 

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2013, 02:37:06 PM

Yes, please confirm. I've got to admit, I'm  little iffy trusting them with my sole-remaining credit card.

ItsOver

Quote from: lonevoice on September 13, 2013, 02:35:41 PM
.... After listening to the mp3 of Bateman's Maryanne the lady with two cats who are geminis (fantastic call, Bateman!),  it wasn't hard to imagine how Art Bell would have turned that call into something so fun. 

Art Bell:  Oh, my.  You have TWO cats and they are both Geminis?   Are they Siamese twins? 

He could have riffed on it for a good 10 minutes.   Maybe Maryanne and her ensemble will call Art once in awhile just so we can all hear and remember how the real king of overnight radio does it.

Boy, you are so right, LV.  Art Bell could have turned something like Bateman's call into something fun.  Dave's more afraid about somebody sneaking in some mention of Art.   ::)

shell88

I've never had any trouble with sirius. They disconnect you promptly when asked, and only charge you what you have actually used in the final month.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2013, 02:40:01 PM
Boy, you are so right, LV.  Art Bell could have turned something like Bateman's call into something fun.  Dave's more afraid about somebody sneaking in some mention of Art.   ::)

That is the HUGE difference between the two.  When you're intelligent and can think on your feet, you don't have to fear things like an un-screened call.  When you're intellectually slow, any deviation from the norm is a scary prospect and something to be avoided at all costs, as proven by a lifetime of humiliation and ridicule.

LAM4:2

Quote from: ItsOver on September 13, 2013, 02:37:06 PM
Yes, I just clicked on the link provided on this page didn't have to provide a credit card number.

starrmtn001

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 13, 2013, 10:59:54 AM

Here's the link again.

bateman

Quote from: lonevoice on September 13, 2013, 02:35:41 PM
A classic beloved by millions, and never forgotten.  And he's back in  3 days 5 hours 37 minutes.   :)

Catching up on the thread this afternoon and wanted to thank you guys for making it fun again.  Moustache in the pajamas, raccoon in the garbage can portal, and so much more.   Great quick fire sketching by Chine, too.  Thanks for sharing those!

Special thanks to the mysterious Maxwell, who must be popping in and out from another dimension.  How does he do it?!?  After listening to the mp3 of Bateman's Maryanne the lady with two cats who are geminis (fantastic call, Bateman!),  it wasn't hard to imagine how Art Bell would have turned that call into something so fun. 

Yeah, I was laughing my ass off last night. What a fitting sendoff. Goodbye, Dave. You will not be missed.

onan

It would be spectacular to see gnoory log in here on monday and nothin but crickets.

Phantom

Now only days away and the king of broadcasting returns.  I hear Dark Matter advertised now on several SiriusXM stations during the breaks.

I hate to sound simultaneously agreeable and contrary but, while I get what Jesus is saying, Christ knows "The Truth" will never be exposed at the public trough as in lunch being served. It is a sandwich you make yourself and you don't have enough bread to feed anyone but you and your loved ones and friends, if they're hungry enough for whole wheat non-sugar-coated reality. Remember what the dormouse said, feed your head. Not everybody else's. Just a fucking hippie's opinion.

Thankyou for clarifying that.

zeebo

Quote from: bateman on September 13, 2013, 12:49:06 AM
Bingo. George is already in the rear view mirror.

What bateman sees there:

[attachimg=1]

maureen

nicely put, Brother Aldous!

Roy Hinkley

Well, here is the first week:

9/16 - Mon - Michio Kaku
9/17 - Tue - Stephen Greer
9/18 - Wed - Jonathon Reed
9/19 - Thu - Richard Hoagland

I was really hoping Dick would not be on the first week.  Just what he needs to get a bigger Brillo-pad covered head.  I know a lot of you don't mind a little Dick, but I could do without - especially giving the guy a first week slot.

starrmtn001

george noory succotash . . . er, I mean, suck-a-stash.  ;D