• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 30, 2021, 03:05:20 PM
Funny to hear the old gal who gave George shit for taking all the calls from regulars.  She complained they were keeping others from getting on the air.  George's response was they know how to get through.  That could be taken to mean they have a different number to use to call the show.
1-800-LUV-DAVE

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on January 30, 2021, 02:36:16 PMAnd he likely doesn't even know that most people who still have a 'landline' it really isn't but VOIP and usually bundled with your internet/cable.
I think when Annie from Alabama called in warning that some landlines are "fake" and go out when the power goes out, unlike "real" landline phones that work without power, the "fake" ones she referred to were in actually VOIP phones...

Also the landline phones working without power only applies to old non cordless phones, Noory didn't mention that either.
However I discovered during the last couple power outages in my area, my smart cell phone still worked fine so I could use it even for watching TV during the outage and I could charge the phone in the car with its battery.

I cancelled my old landline a few years ago and for a home phone now use a google voice compatible VOIP device that plugs into my internet router, then any old landline phones including cordless work with the VOIP device and free calls with a google voice number!

Morgus

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 30, 2021, 03:05:20 PM
Funny to hear the old gal who gave George shit for taking all the calls from regulars.  She complained they were keeping others from getting on the air.  George's response was they know how to get through.  That could be taken to mean they have a different number to use to call the show.
Yep thats what I figured, that the regular callers have a special number so they can always get in almost every night like MTM, Corny, Barry, Thomas, etc.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 30, 2021, 03:47:21 PM
Yep thats what I figured, that the regular callers have a special number so they can always get in almost every night like MTM, Corny, Barry, Thomas, etc.
Just the way Dave likes it.  No strain on his brain.

#C2CwithDaveIsRigged

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on January 30, 2021, 03:41:31 PM
I think when Annie from Alabama called in warning that some landlines are "fake" and go out when the power goes out, unlike "real" landline phones that work without power, the "fake" ones she referred to were in actually VOIP phones...

Also the landline phones working without power only applies to old non cordless phones, Noory didn't mention that either.
However I discovered during the last couple power outages in my area, my smart cell phone still worked fine so I could use it even for watching TV during the outage and I could charge the phone in the car with its battery.

I cancelled my old landline a few years ago and for a home phone now use a google voice compatible VOIP device that plugs into my internet router, then any old landline phones including cordless work with the VOIP device and free calls with a google voice number!
One will note in passing that the 'landline" unique powering was prominently pointed out in the Art/Whitley book/movie about the Quickening called "The Day After Tomorrow."  Mr.Norway should've know about this basic issue, as should everyone who had an old landline during a storm or heat blackout (or energy system manipulations like ENRON) versus the VOIP stuff that goes off.

I liked how "Corny" was tricked into getting shocked by an army phone. Or the old phones. People actually magneto systems use such to stun fish. Legit for counting, for illegal by poaching.

open phones were quite sad last night, the regs living up to their Sad Pack reputation. And George so sensitively handling them lol. Corny called in to tell George how lonely he is now that Papa is gone. So George asks him and I am paraphrasing 'You have nobody do you Cornelius?' and then asks him 'Do you look forward to Coast all day long?' Then to cheer Corny up he cheerfully asked 'HEY DID YOU HEAR BARRY HAD ANOTHER STROKE!?!?' Cornelius didn't seem to know but it turned out it he had heard about it earlier in the week, it was just Noory being his usual clod self, making poor Corny think Barry had another stroke in the past day or two.

Noory also worked in one of his frequent not so humble brags about his generosity. I think it was Cornelius who asked him about his memories of his military days, George told him he still keeps in touch with some of his military buddies and one guy had just recently got in touch who was going through tough times and needed 320 dollars, so good ol' George wrote him a check ......... then added 'actually I gave him $350, more than he asked for'

such a douche

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 31, 2021, 12:46:02 AM
Noory also worked in one of his frequent not so humble brags about his generosity. I think it was Cornelius who asked him about his memories of his military days, George told him he still keeps in touch with some of his military buddies and one guy had just recently got in touch who was going through tough times and needed 320 dollars, so good ol' George wrote him a check ......... then added 'actually I gave him $350, more than he asked for'

such a douche
He also bragged to some lady caller about sender her some books-  the unread, free books Dave receives from guest's agent or publisher and of which Dave complained in the past about them 'cluttering up the office.' Some years ago he promised to send some of those unread, free books to a blind caller. The caller pointed out he was blind, again, to which Dave hurriedly said 'we'll get those books in the mail.' One time he made callers sing songs to 'win' some of those unread, free books. It was riveting radio.

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on January 31, 2021, 02:51:40 PM
He also bragged to some lady caller about sender her some books-  the unread, free books Dave receives from guest's agent or publisher and of which Dave complained in the past about them 'cluttering up the office.' Some years ago he promised to send some of those unread, free books to a blind caller. The caller pointed out he was blind, again, to which Dave hurriedly said 'we'll get those books in the mail.' One time he made callers sing songs to 'win' some of those unread, free books. It was riveting radio.

I remember listening to that when that happened. Sending books to a blind guy is chashic. ;D

#GNS

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on January 31, 2021, 02:51:40 PM
The caller pointed out he was blind, again, to which Dave hurriedly said 'we'll get those books in the mail.'

Maybe he meant to say "We'll get those books in braille."

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on January 31, 2021, 03:43:41 PM
Maybe he meant to say "We'll get those books in braille."
I give you credit, considering he tends to pronounce with some difficultly but I, and others at the time, recall being 'mail' and logically Dave could take a free, unread book and send it to a translator, get in printed in braille, and then send to a random blind caller so quickly?

Blind callers have often requested guests to make audio books or braille books but that would be coming from their publisher (or the free, subsidized ones for the blind from the library etc.) Not from TOMMEE or Dave.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on January 31, 2021, 03:52:39 PM
I give you credit, considering he tends to pronounce with some difficultly but I, and others at the time, recall being 'mail' and logically Dave could take a free, unread book and send it to a translator, get in printed in braille, and then send to a random blind caller so quickly?

Blind callers have often requested guests to make audio books or braille books but that would be coming from their publisher (or the free, subsidized ones for the blind from the library etc.) Not from TOMMEE or Dave.

Oh, I was just kidding. I really don't see George going out of his way to accommodate a listener's disability.

I liked the other night when he said that, ever since his live stage shows were cancelled, he enjoys connecting with the listeners through phone calls such as Open Lines. Then without fail he cuts off Open Lines to play some old recording.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 30, 2021, 06:07:20 PM
open phones were quite sad last night, the regs living up to their Sad Pack reputation. And George so sensitively handling them lol. Corny called in to tell George how lonely he is now that Papa is gone. So George asks him and I am paraphrasing 'You have nobody do you Cornelius?' and then asks him 'Do you look forward to Coast all day long?' Then to cheer Corny up he cheerfully asked 'HEY DID YOU HEAR BARRY HAD ANOTHER STROKE!?!?' Cornelius didn't seem to know but it turned out it he had heard about it earlier in the week, it was just Noory being his usual clod self, making poor Corny think Barry had another stroke in the past day or two.

Good to know this thread can still make me laugh out loud. I had to come back temporarily, because money was not being deposited in my bank account as it was supposed to. Tried to fix this from afar for two months, then finally decided I must do it in person. I listened to C2C my first night back, but not once since then. I find that I just can't hack it any longer. I still enjoy keeping up with the show via this thread.

haha he is such a weird character. he literally sounded excited about Barry's stroke. 'HEY CORNY, DID YA HEAR THE LATEST ON BARRY FROM NORTH CAROLINA, THAT GUY AND HIS STROKES, WHAT A CHARACTER HE IS!'

he also brought Tommy on air the other night during open phones and Tommy asked Noory if/what Norry's most prized possession is. He paused for a second then told Tommy that a guest had given him a movie prop, a club, from the movie The Green Mile. Even Tommy was dumbfounded by this, since he also got the same item from the guest and it's a meaningless item to him. So an incredulous Tommy continued on 'Huh? That's really your most 'prized possession'?' Noory replied 'I have old photo albums but sure, I keep the club in my office.'

bizarre, the man is in his 8th decade of life, has kids, grandkids, a long career in radio, a decade in the military and his most prized possession is a stupid movie prop given to him by a stranger that has no relevance or meaning to his life. very on brand for Noory though, perfectly describes him.

I think that for Mr. Norway, movies come first for him, even before his kids. I have never heard anyone else besides  George, who related every conversation, and every one of his life events, to a film.

ItsOver

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on January 31, 2021, 10:33:39 PM
Good to know this thread can still make me laugh out loud...I still enjoy keeping up with the show via this thread.
Yes, indeed.  ;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on February 01, 2021, 07:25:20 AM
Yes, indeed.  ;D

Finger pointing! You KNOW how much Doc's girlfriend HATES FINGER POINTING! >:(

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 01, 2021, 11:52:22 AM
Heh, heh, heh... uh, oh!  Mr. Norway needs at least several thousand more messages from Doc’s GF to remind him. ;)  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on February 01, 2021, 01:14:07 AM
I think that for Mr. Norway, movies come first for him, even before his kids. I have never heard anyone else besides  George, who related every conversation, and every one of his life events, to a film.
Even as everything in life is related to movies for Mr.Norway he frequently the details about the movies and tv wrong but then he will google and come up with the factoid and make it seem like he is a genius that he could remember that Demi Moore was in some movie, or something. 

Even TOMMEE was surprised that Mr.Norway said his most prized possession in life is a billy that was club used by an actor in "The Green Mile."  An actor whose main claim to fame more recently is that he controversially married a barely legal girl decades younger than him. Lots of drama, scandal, reality tv, and I think a divorce.

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 31, 2021, 10:58:33 PM
haha he is such a weird character. he literally sounded excited about Barry's stroke. 'HEY CORNY, DID YA HEAR THE LATEST ON BARRY FROM NORTH CAROLINA, THAT GUY AND HIS STROKES, WHAT A CHARACTER HE IS!'

he also brought Tommy on air the other night during open phones and Tommy asked Noory if/what Norry's most prized possession is. He paused for a second then told Tommy that a guest had given him a movie prop, a club, from the movie The Green Mile. Even Tommy was dumbfounded by this, since he also got the same item from the guest and it's a meaningless item to him. So an incredulous Tommy continued on 'Huh? That's really your most 'prized possession'?' Noory replied 'I have old photo albums but sure, I keep the club in my office.'

bizarre, the man is in his 8th decade of life, has kids, grandkids, a long career in radio, a decade in the military and his most prized possession is a stupid movie prop given to him by a stranger that has no relevance or meaning to his life. very on brand for Noory though, perfectly describes him.
And actor who provided Dave with his "most prized possession" -a billy-club used in a movie- is now more famous for marrying a barely legal teen and the ensuing tabloids, scandals, reality shows, and finally divorce.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 01, 2021, 11:52:22 AM

Hey little Jimmy! . . . . pull Unca' George's finger. Heh heh heh

Jackstar

Quote from: Morgus on February 01, 2021, 07:23:58 PM
more news came out about actor Doug Hutchinson (Norway's favorite)

Give that man a hula hoop, and everyone will have forgotten about me before the next morning.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on February 01, 2021, 07:31:40 PM
Give that man a hula hoop, and everyone will have forgotten about me before the next morning.

No great surprise Jack is interested in this. Courtney might have been writing for Mixie: "I look back at this picture and feel absolutely taken advantage of. I’ve been scared to even speak up about feeling groomed or being verbally abused.."

Yet Jack still makes Mixie pay for her victimhood. ::)

Bad Jack, very bad. :'(

Jojo

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on February 01, 2021, 07:28:25 PM
Hey little Jimmy! . . . . pull Unca' George's finger. Heh heh heh
Exactly.  And he's playing bumper music for grandchildren and great grandchildren I suppose.  Even though they are in bed.  Condescending creep.

tuned in for all of 5 minutes - the usual Noory lack of any preparation.

Noory: What's the favorite book that you've written.
Guest: (boring answer)
Noory: How long does it take you to write a book?
Guest: (boring answer)
Noory: Do you think there are more paranormal things happening nowadays?

Noory has been in this paranormal racket for 20 years and is completely illiterate on the subject matter, so he has to ask questions a 6 year old would have.

Noory and his show are complete shams but other than us his audience doesn't care - half of them have some form of dementia or mental illness, the other half are simpletons and people who need a friendly voice to fill the void at night.

This guy has repeatedly, hundreds of times, said on air that he is completely agnostic when it comes to life after death adding that it really doesn't matter because if there is no afterlife you'll die and never know it.

YET, night after night, he has guest after guest who claim they communicate with and are in the presence of spirits of dead people, souls, angels, demons, and every other supernatural entity imagined by man. Noory drops the agnosticism, he transforms into true believer 'mhmm that's right' 'that's what I thought' as he confirms whatever nonsense the guests throw out there.

ol' mush mouth ol' mush brain of mine

he's got a British lady on who's an expert on nightmares

'I've gotta say, sometimes when people have nightmares are they really severe.'

lol he really said that.

the Noory to English translation of it is 'I've gotta say something because I'm the host of the program but since I'm barely paying attention and quite stupid I'm just going to blurt out some random nonsense and you the guest can do what you want with it'

stevesh

Tommy: George, name an actor in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein.
Noory: Peter Sellers.

Jesus.

it's a freewheelin' Friday Night Open Phones tonight, Noory is on fire with lies and stupidity.

'My dad was in the Army in WWII. He was in the Battle of the Bulge in Germany. He didn't talk about it but he gave me some of his things. He gave me his helmet.'

His dad fought in the Battle of the Bulge like Noory fought in Desert Storm.

then he discussed his musical talents, he played the clarinet, that I believe, dorks always played the clarinet in high school - he admits he sucked and gave it up then he tried guitar and sucked at that too so he explained 'that's why I started singing.'

then he ruminated about music with Tommy, George informed Tommy that the big bands no longer exist, like this just happened recently and not 60 years ago. Which caused him to ask Tommy 'I wonder if there are saxophone and trumpet players today. What do you think?'  Dumb and Dumber decided they probably don't.
Of course there still are amazingly talented sax and trumpet players, there are symphonies/orchestras, jazz ensembles, and most the commercial music industry which produces music for movie/tv soundtracks, tv commercials, etc. I'm sure there are less non-digital musicians these days but they still exist - i had 2 friends who were pro musicians, did very well, just doing session work for film/tv and then their own shit on the side.

i can't get enough of Tommy and Noory conversations, Tommy is only slightly more evolved and engaged in the world than George -  the conversations go nowhere, the banter is totally void of wit - following the music conversation George asked Tommy if he'd liked to have lived in Vegas in the 50's, because Tommy had told George he'd started as a big band disk jockey spinning Louis Prima records. Tommy's brilliant response was a dull 'No', Noory asked why 'no', Tommy deadpanned 'I don't want to be buried in the desert' of course Noory didn't really get the reference so Tommy had to tell him.