• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2021, 05:22:24 PM
Worst New Years show ever. Mr.Norway set a new low. It was expected but still disappointing. That, I guess, is impressive. To perform worse than even presumed suckage. He also cut off the "Learned Elders of Zion" caller so was paying attention, so can't blame inattention or booze or whatever was going on to cause bumbling, slurring, and lame questions.

That cracked me up when "mystic" Elizabeth Joyce said Dick Cheney took all the U.S. gold and built an underground city in Virginia.

She also noted that last year, she predicted President Trump would have some sort of illness around March and that Mike Pence would take over. I think she tried to relate her prediction to Trump getting the coronavirus, but that didn't happen until October and Pence didn't take over. Close enough, I guess.

I didn't know C2C had a New Year's tradition of listeners calling in with their predictions, or that George would have some of their predictions from last year. "Mike the Millennial" thought Pete Buttigieg would be elected president. So idealistic, to think that in 2020, America would put a gay man with a husband in the White House.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2021, 11:31:26 AM
Is everyone in the Norway family named a version of George? It is like the Foreman family, without the boxing chops, indoor grills, or ability to quip funny lines.

LOL! So George's father's father was named George, and George's father married a woman named Georgette? I wonder if George, who doesn't believe in coincidences, would say that's just a coincidence.

weird going back to the beginning of this thread, 12 years of Noory numbskullery archived for eternity. most of the posters from 2008 are gone, they stopped caring and listening i assume and some died.

not sure when i'll stop caring, there's literally nothing else on that's live that's better and I don't mean better than Noory/Coast - Frank Morano is better than Noory BUT not better enough that it beats  the pleasure I get from the often hilarious spectacle hapless Noory and his cavalcade of charlatans, kooks and losers make of themselves.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 03, 2021, 05:41:41 AM
weird going back to the beginning of this thread, 12 years of Noory numbskullery archived for eternity. most of the posters from 2008 are gone, they stopped caring and listening i assume and some died.

not sure when i'll stop caring, there's literally nothing else on that's live that's better and I don't mean better than Noory/Coast - Frank Morano is better than Noory BUT not better enough that it beats  the pleasure I get from the often hilarious spectacle hapless Noory and his cavalcade of charlatans, kooks and losers make of themselves.
And tonight, Dave Norway celebrates the way only Dave Norway can, with dream yoga and patting himself on his toupee full of ebony shoe polish for 19 years of suckage and all around boobery.

DREAM YOGA & LUCIDITY / GEORGE'S ANNIVERSARY PARTY
First Half: Author Andrew Holecek is a member of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and will discuss lucid dreaming, dream yoga, and meditation. Combining modern knowledge from the West with ancient wisdom from the East, his work is intended to wake us up to our full human potential.

Second Half: Join George Noory and many special guests celebrating George's 19th anniversary hosting Coast to Coast AM.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on January 02, 2021, 11:31:26 AM
And back when companies would pay out pensions for your life. I knew a guy who retired back in the early 70's and died in 2015 or so. Fully paid pension all those years. Can you imagine a company doing that these days? Basically a life time of work, without working. And he wasn't even an executive, just a worker to mid-level manager at an oil company.

Is everyone in the Norway family named a version of George? It is like the Foreman family, without the boxing chops, indoor grills, or ability to quip funny lines.
Charter Communications has pensions.  Last I heard, Verizon landlines did before they became frontier.  Government jobs still do.  It's out there, although probably not as much as before.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 02, 2021, 07:39:22 AM
lol even when Noory has a good point he finds a way to mess it up

he was talking to a guest a couple nights ago and as has become more frequent the conversation got around to age/death. So George is telling the guest that he's going to go on as the host of Coast as long as he can and as somebody else described in a post here he had Tommy describe what the plan is when George drops dead on air. George then opined that retirement is bad for people, it will kill you, and he uses his father as an example. 'Well look at my dad, he worked as a financial analyst for the Ford Motor Company, he retired at 60. And while Dad loved his family and stuff he didn't really do anything, he didn't play golf or have hobbies.' So the guest responds 'Yes I agree, that's too bad about your father.' Of course the guest thinks Noory's dad died young because he retired and had nothing to stimulate him.  The man lived to ALMOST 90, completely crumbling George's theory.  Pops Noory lived almost 30 years of retirement.

first time i'd ever heard him say what his father did at Ford - i always wondered if he was on the production line or a suit.
He said his father slowed down after retirement, which I took to mean that his father stopped exercising, lost muscle, and had difficulty getting around.  But, by this logic, if your dad drank too much beer after laboring all day, then you should be white collar or else you could become an alcoholic.  Or if your neighbor became a speeder in the neighborhood after they got a red sports car, you should stick to a sedan or wagon or else you might get reckless.  Or your neighbor's trees rotted on the inside and fell on their house, you should cut all your trees down so they don't fall on the house.  George has many fine qualities but he also does black & white thinking on topics that make him uncomfortable. Like how he talks about difficulty understanding God being infinite.  He asks, something had to come before - but in his rigid asking, he doesn't seem to look at the ramifications of that logic and realize that if something came before God, then infinite other things in succession must have come before that.  Infinity will exist regardless of black or white incomplete beliefs.

George has always been active.  If he retired, he'd be active.  Maybe he's just giving us a line because the comparison obviously makes no sense.  I would think George would go with numbers and stats, not one anecdote. 

Besides, there are so many ways to retire.  Some go back to work part time.  Some volunteer.  Some have hobbies.  I bet his dad never had a hobby when he was alive.  As you live, so you die.  George probably has hobbies and so he would stay busy.  Not that being busy is really that impressive when you think about it.

If he's going to say his irrational beliefs on the air, then he should be prepared to see people comment on them.

These comments are not directed at anybody.  They are just responses to comments in a forum about someone who should expect scrutiny, being in the public eye.

Jojo

IT IS YOUR ANNIVERSARY, GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have worked very hard and deserve some time off and leisure!!

I'm glad you filled in for Art and started performing when he became unavailable.

I love how you let the music build before the show starts, your news segment, Cheryll Jones, the way you sometimes laugh, and how you close the show with a bit of ritual each time.  Lots of your songs are wonderful.  Because of your show, I almost always have a fitting song in my head in any situation.  Thanks!

Congratulations on your anniversary!  I hope you enjoy it.

Dateline

Norry should have been fired for the way he treated She'-She'.  Norry lied, demoralized, and traumatized her.  Norry really should not celebrate anniversaries of such bad behavior and if he does, it is a clear reflection on Norry.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on January 04, 2021, 12:11:33 AM
Norry should have been fired for the way he treated She'-She'.  Norry lied, demoralized, and traumatized her.  Norry really should not celebrate anniversaries of such bad behavior and if he does, it is a clear reflection on Norry.
Really, though when you think about it, how should a racist actually BE treated?  I'd lie, demoralize & traumatize, too, if it reduced my association with a racist.  There is no doubt based on her old GLP posts that she is blatantly racist.  BTW the posts have been deleted but I cannot forget what I saw.

Did she tell him she was a tranny in enough time beforehand to prevent outrage?  I don't know how far they got, but some men don't like to be surprised by gender issues all the sudden.  Can you imagine going out with a woman and then realizing she hasn't had the operation yet and is still a man?  Or if she had had the operation, finding out after sleeping with her?  Again, I don't know any of the details but just the highlights, racism and tranny, are enough to make most people give the guy the benefit of the doubt.  I asked you once if she is a tranny and never got an answer.  I saw her in the GLP tranny area, but I was there too and I'm not a tranny so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.  But it could.  And there are the rumors.

I applaud her for her diversity and honestly other than racism she seems pretty nice, but between racism and transexuality, she has very limited options of attraction.  Southerners will like her racism but not her tranny.  And northerners might accept her tranny but not the racism.  So she should have had seen difficulties ahead.  I've had 2 friends who were trannys and so if this attorney is one, all the more power to her.  It just makes some relationship issues more difficult.

How a man dates on his personal time shouldn't affect his job.  His court order against her came first.  Hers reacted to it.  If she wanted more contact, why did she put a restraining on him, too? 

Look, seriously, would you ever, ever date someone who put a restraining order on you after you told them to back off and after you got a restraining order?  This is not a good match.

One time in the 80s I dated & lived with someone.  They became abusive.  I lashed out and moved out as well right away.  They got a bratty restraining order.  I didn't even know or show up.  I found out later during my own background check.  A year later, after putting a restraining order on me, they're on my phone trying to get back together  :o .   People like that are not good dating material.  You don't bind someone in court and then later try to get with them.

Jojo

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
  H A P P Y    A N N I V E R S A R Y ,   G E O R G E ! ! ! !     Y O U   T A K E    A    V A C A T I O N ,  N O W ! ! ! !
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on January 04, 2021, 12:50:04 AM
Really, though when you think about it, how should a racist actually BE treated?

Like a joke.

pate

Is Doc Pink-Us NORWAY's guest too-nite? No Way!

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on January 04, 2021, 01:57:43 AM
Is Doc Pink-Us NORWAY's guest too-nite? No Way!

Hey, get this: I don't have any convenient way of listening to Coast to Coast besides... getting in my car and going for a drive.

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on January 04, 2021, 02:12:07 AM
Imposter ellipsis?

Good catch yo! I'm fine, thanks for asking. I'm just in a hurry, I'm going to go get loaded.

What a day!!!

Also: you're wrong.

Morgus

Noory starting his 19 year anniversary show just now told the long story of how he got hired after Aer Bell quit.
He even mentioned all the old online forums and boards from years ago, most are gone but he even mentioned Bellgab!

Morgus

The first surprise guest is John Lear, who hasn't been on for years...

He just gave a shoutout to BellGab lol

it's his anniversary show, he was acknowledging online groups who support the show, admitted some aren't very complimentary and chuckled

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on January 04, 2021, 02:06:08 AM
Hey, get this: I don't have any convenient way of listening to Coast to Coast besides... getting in my car and going for a drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngUmRIY4d2E

Morgus

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 04, 2021, 02:19:38 AM
He just gave a shoutout to BellGab lol

it's his anniversary show, he was acknowledging online groups who support the show, admitted some aren't very complimentary and chuckled
Yep and bellgab is the only surviving online message board of the ones he mentioned too... :D

Jackstar

I tuned in, to hear George talking over John Lear's standard raft of bullshit. As it is his anniversary, and Lear's raft is its usual crap anyway, I'll allow it.

Nice to hear that the show hasn't changed a single bit. This guy really gets it. 19 years wow--maybe I'll call next year.

You have 364 days to get your affairs in order, George. Semper fi

Quote from: Morgus on January 04, 2021, 02:21:12 AM
bellgab is the only surviving online message board of the ones he mentioned too... :D

https://youtu.be/WvITkVaOpUs

Jackstar

Did you ever notice that John Hogue sounds a lot like John Lear? So much so that when I first turned on the radio, I thought it was Hogue, but as the raft drifted down the river, it became clear, that it was Lear.

"I love you." Adorable. Poor Tommy only got a "thank you." Weak.

http://kiario.info/

(... and you thought I had troubles. Hah!)

Noory admitting bellgab is on his ongoing dance card rates very high in The Book Of Cam. (T.B.O.C.)

All of Noory's future broadcasting sins -  occurring in the year out of our gourd 2021 - are hereby absolved and covered in Sangria blend coffee from the Automat Mercy Urn Coffee dispenser.

No complaints from me about Noory this year.

He didn't have to mention bellgab.

But he did.

And it counts.

(Sending a shout out to Lonevoice if she glides through. Obviously.)

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on January 04, 2021, 12:50:04 AM
Really, though when you think about it, how should a racist actually BE treated?  I'd lie, demoralize & traumatize, too, if it reduced my association with a racist.  There is no doubt based on her old GLP posts that she is blatantly racist.  BTW the posts have been deleted but I cannot forget what I saw.

Did she tell him she was a tranny in enough time beforehand to prevent outrage?  I don't know how far they got, but some men don't like to be surprised by gender issues all the sudden.  Can you imagine going out with a woman and then realizing she hasn't had the operation yet and is still a man?  Or if she had had the operation, finding out after sleeping with her?  Again, I don't know any of the details but just the highlights, racism and tranny, are enough to make most people give the guy the benefit of the doubt.  I asked you once if she is a tranny and never got an answer.  I saw her in the GLP tranny area, but I was there too and I'm not a tranny so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.  But it could.  And there are the rumors.

I applaud her for her diversity and honestly other than racism she seems pretty nice, but between racism and transexuality, she has very limited options of attraction.  Southerners will like her racism but not her tranny.  And northerners might accept her tranny but not the racism.  So she should have had seen difficulties ahead.  I've had 2 friends who were trannys and so if this attorney is one, all the more power to her.  It just makes some relationship issues more difficult.

How a man dates on his personal time shouldn't affect his job.  His court order against her came first.  Hers reacted to it.  If she wanted more contact, why did she put a restraining on him, too? 

Look, seriously, would you ever, ever date someone who put a restraining order on you after you told them to back off and after you got a restraining order?  This is not a good match.

One time in the 80s I dated & lived with someone.  They became abusive.  I lashed out and moved out as well right away.  They got a bratty restraining order.  I didn't even know or show up.  I found out later during my own background check.  A year later, after putting a restraining order on me, they're on my phone trying to get back together  :o .   People like that are not good dating material.  You don't bind someone in court and then later try to get with them.

Jackstar

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on January 04, 2021, 04:25:29 AM
(Sending a shout out to Lonevoice if she glides through. Obviously.)

I'll rub one out to her later, to help your words along their way.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on January 04, 2021, 04:59:04 AM
My old job.
Understand.  One cannot immediately achieve kilt model extraordinaire status.