• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Gyoza Girl

I hate to be a phone monitor, but last night "Colin in Ivanhoe, California" called in on the first-time caller line. I guess he's a first-time caller, as long as you don't count his phone call five days ago.

I gotta go with Punnett as best Coast host. I like George Knapp but he's been booking a lot of guests almost as bad as Norry's. Same with Syrett.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 22, 2020, 05:42:45 AM
I gotta go with Punnett as best Coast host. I like George Knapp but he's been booking a lot of guests almost as bad as Norry's. Same with Syrett.
I wish Punnett would lock Snoorway in his cave “somewhere deep below the Earth” in St. Louis and take over.  Probably won’t happen with Punnett being in academia and with Snorge’s death grip on the microphone.

Dateline

Think of that microphone as a baton.  Norry needs to pass that baton to the next host, and keep the continuity of Coast going into the next decade. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Dateline on November 22, 2020, 11:52:00 AM
Norry needs to [...] keep the continuity of Coast going into the next decade.

Yeah, what happens if he doesn't? They gonna take his rug away? Sad!

Knapp had an author guest on, good guest and interview but I felt like Noory should feel, the guy's book was a major motion picture directed by Steven Spielberg and I have never heard of it. Ready Player One - had to go look it up, made over $500M box office.

Mike the Millennial needs to be banned, every call is the same, the obsequious compliments for the guest who until their name appears on the Coast website Mike has never heard of before, then 'i'd like to thank you on behalf of my generation, I'm a millennial and 24 years old'  kid definitely has a problem, OCD, the obsession and compulsion to tell strangers he's a millennial is so weird.

also checked, Mike is barely a millennial, he's right on the border between millennial and Gen Z  - millennials are 24 to 39. he should give me his youth, he's not going to do anything with it - Noory is a grifter, I could book Noory for a weekend spent with Mike the Millennial for probably $2500 plus expenses, Mike would take the deal, i get his youth for a weekend with his hero doing whatever they want to do.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 23, 2020, 02:27:30 AM
Knapp had an author guest on, good guest and interview but I felt like Noory should feel, the guy's book was a major motion picture directed by Steven Spielberg and I have never heard of it. Ready Player One - had to go look it up, made over $500M box office...

I remember it coming out and the MSM media making some news about it but never saw it.  I didn’t realize it pulled in than much money.

pate

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 23, 2020, 02:27:30 AM
... made over $500M box office...

That about covers a Speilberg production cost, was this non-entity of a movie profitable?

https://youtu.be/NjpbaLg1hVs

and another thing;  what name is Dave Norway going to be re-incarnated as?  Diego Farce or some-suck...

Nautical Shore;  broken search function:  No Love.

-p

Quote from: pate on November 23, 2020, 04:11:32 AM
That about covers a Speilberg production cost, was this non-entity of a movie profitable?

https://youtu.be/NjpbaLg1hVs

and another thing;  what name is Dave Norway going to be re-incarnated as?  Diego Farce or some-suck...

Nautical Shore;  broken search function:  No Love.

-p

'Made on a production budget of $175 million, with about $150 million more spent on global marketing costs, the film needed to gross at least $440 million in order to break even.'

so it was profitable with a total box office of nearly $600M, then you have all the other revenue streams for a film beyond theaters.

literally never heard of the book or movie. showing my age i guess but it's also how technology has changed things,  cinemas are dying, people talk much more about TV series like GoT than any blockbuster theatrical release.

Noory's attempts at banter are so sad. There's just nothing in that head that's interesting. He comes out of commercial to some old 50's song and attempts to turn it into an interesting personalized bit of radio and it just sits there like undigested food in your belly. 'That song was in the movie The Alamo. I really like that song.' 

Ralph Wiggum of radio.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 24, 2020, 12:42:30 AM
Noory's attempts at banter are so sad. There's just nothing in that head that's interesting. He comes out of commercial to some old 50's song and attempts to turn it into an interesting personalized bit of radio and it just sits there like undigested food in your belly. 'That song was in the movie The Alamo. I really like that song.' 

Ralph Wiggum of radio.

Dave Snoorway.  The imbecilic muse.

ItsOver

And it’s time once again for another FDA/FCC approved snake oil show. 

DATE
Tuesday - November 24 2020
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Benjamin Fuchs
First Half: Pharmacist, nutritionist, and cosmetic chemist, Ben Fuchs shares alternative health concepts, and offers tips on supplements and healthy changes to one's diet and lifestyle.

Hey, it must be approved since the Fed slugs never do a damn thing about all of Dave’s faux medical crap.  Have a Tangy Tangerine to celebrate.  Doc Wallet approved.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on November 24, 2020, 04:50:38 AM
And it’s time once again for another FDA/FCC approved snake oil show. 

DATE
Tuesday - November 24 2020
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Benjamin Fuchs
First Half: Pharmacist, nutritionist, and cosmetic chemist, Ben Fuchs shares alternative health concepts, and offers tips on supplements and healthy changes to one's diet and lifestyle.

Hey, it must be approved since the Fed slugs never do a damn thing about all of Dave’s faux medical crap.  Have a Tangy Tangerine to celebrate.  Doc Wallet approved.
Get-The-Tea, pop down some beets, slam a Tangy Tangerine and gobble down a few dozen eggs with Pharmacist Ben on mute and unmute for guest who "will discuss the many sightings this year in Chicago of a flying humanoid creature he calls the Chicago Phantom. He'll also update other strange sightings including what was described as a 10-foot-tall Bigfoot-like creature with a canine snout, and werewolf-type cryptids seen in central Pennsylvania."

Aspic3

Mike the Millennial made it on Monday night as well. I feel kind of bad for him.

I'm looking forward to the cryptid researcher to be honest, especially after the 2-hour infomercial with America's favorite pharmacist.

Jojo

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 22, 2020, 05:02:53 AM
On the Oct. 9 show, "Barry in Rock Hill, South Carolina" said he attended the inaugural concert of AC/DC. That's heavy metal music, yes?
Yes.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on November 21, 2020, 04:15:19 PM
When did Norway start with his Billy Gibbons obsession? Because I find it hard to believe that he liked ZZ Top considering his musical choices. Did he seize upon it to impress "Barry from North Carolina?"

For what it is worth Rense is a yuuge Mario Lanza aficionado.
According to online stuff, the Gibbons thing goes way back.  Ugh.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 21, 2020, 01:31:28 AM
He has no idea who any of those people are. His lack of knowledge about anybody or anything pop culture related post 1972 is a good indicator how little he interacts with his children and grandchildren.

It's bizarre, he's not that old, he grew up right in the middle of a cultural and musical revolution, it seems impossible even for a dork like him to have not absorbed some of it but he managed to live through the 60s and 70s as if he was 60 rather than 16.
He knows who Taylor Swift is.  It wasn't enough that he liked one of her new songs; he just had to say which superstar in a onesie outfit sang it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on November 25, 2020, 12:15:04 AM
He knows who Taylor Swift is.  It wasn't enough that he liked one of her new songs; he just had to say which superstar in a onesie outfit sang it.

Heh heh...so jelly!

Jojo

Quote from: Aspic3 on November 20, 2020, 12:15:19 AM
Snoorway likes to brag about how charitable he is.

Well tonight, per his daughter, said they can't have any riff-raff of St. Louis join him and his family for their Thanksgiving dinner because of the virus.

(He of course faked his disappointment.)
I honestly took it to me he himself was not invited, that she wanted only her immediate family.  Felt kinda sorry for him.  Lol now.

chefist

Quote from: Jojo on November 25, 2020, 12:28:30 AM
I honestly took it to me he himself was not invited, that she wanted only her immediate family.  Felt kinda sorry for him.  Lol now.

Hi there JoJo...how are you doing tonight?  ;) ;D

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on November 18, 2020, 10:03:29 AM
Oregon is the poster-child for what happens when the Democratic Party gets a stranglehold on state government. The Democratic machine has controlled Oregon for decades, and made it virtually impossible for any change to take place. We had more signatures to boot our moronic governor (Kate Brown) than any signature gathering effort ever before, but they changed the rules at the last minute to disqualify the petition. Brown has unconstitutionally closed churches, and set aside 63 million of the covid relief funds for black people only. Most of our supreme court justices were appointed by her, so of course they ruled in her favor on the church issue. In Oregon you might go to jail for having more than six folks over for Thanksgiving, but rioting, looting and arson,  and using hard drugs are perfectly fine. The Oregon of 2020 is so far removed from the Oregon of my childhood, it seems like another planet. I am furious that these liberal imports have trashed the state of my birth.  Oregon is now the butt if all kinds of jokes, for good reason. And it seems like Oregon and Washington are in competition to see who can be wackier. Let that be a lesson to all. You get the state government you deserve.
I do think something is wrong with their income tax department.  They seem bent on not paying what they owe by making it look like the resident owes, when the federal return clearly shows there is nothing owing.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on November 25, 2020, 12:35:19 AM
I do think something is wrong with their income tax department.

All taxation is theft.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 18, 2020, 03:57:11 AM
where are you going?

and where's JoJo? hope Covid didn't get her, she has to make a no more waxing man of Noory and take him far far away from stage make-up like the way his lower eyelid liner has been all screwed up for about 3 years.
I think I had Covid right before it was a thing.  Sick as a dog!  Then I got even more sick with a skin disorder.  Then I finally got a full time job.  But now I'm unemployed again.  At the Stroke of Midnight doesn't follow me much.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on November 25, 2020, 12:40:20 AM
I was working full time with a long commute.  That changed though.  I think I had Covid last January before it was a thing.  At the Stroke of Midnight doesn't like me much.

What?! I don’t believe it! Everyone loves JoJo.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 25, 2020, 12:42:32 AM
Grapefruit world love to cut her from stem to stern.

Trailer trash can be like that. ;)