• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 18, 2020, 05:37:01 PM
Peter Davenport is a much more interesting man than Dave Norway. He lived in Addis Adaba for a year and also was in the same dorm at Stanford with Mitt Romney. George Romney spoke at their dorm expressing reservations about Vietnam which cost him the nomination. Speaks several languages and lives in a silo, ex-missile not grain. And can mention the Magnuson-Stevens Act in passing in talking about work near Kodiak Island and threats from drunken Russian skippers.

Dave Norway canned him, I guess.

https://www.seattleweekly.com/news/peter-davenport-believes-in-ufos/
Peter’s obviously been branded as a Norway nonentity and retired to the Snorge Gulag.  After decades of being associated with C2C, you’d think Snoorway could at least do a 5 minute tribute, consisting of some old Davenport report, followed by a classhic Snoorway Poe reading.  Snorge will never have to worry about being labeled a classy guy.

DanTSX

Quote from: albrecht on November 18, 2020, 05:37:01 PM
Peter Davenport is a much more interesting man than Dave Norway. He lived in Addis Adaba for a year and also was in the same dorm at Stanford with Mitt Romney. George Romney spoke at their dorm expressing reservations about Vietnam which cost him the nomination. Speaks several languages and lives in a silo, ex-missile not grain. And can mention the Magnuson-Stevens Act in passing in talking about work near Kodiak Island and threats from drunken Russian skippers.

Dave Norway canned him, I guess.

https://www.seattleweekly.com/news/peter-davenport-believes-in-ufos/

I like Davenport

Dateline

Quote from: DanTSX on November 19, 2020, 07:09:56 AM
I like Davenport

My boycott is transcending into a Coast exile during the week because of a lack of Peter Davenport.  Norry has been retired to the outer limits of society.

Gyoza Girl

Why does George ask his guests if they've met other famous people, for no particular reason other than they're in the same business? Like when he asked if John Fogerty had ever met Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett.

That seems lazy. For Pete's sake, do some research and ask questions that actually pertain to the guest's career.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 19, 2020, 02:28:27 PM
Why does George ask his guests if they've met other famous people, for no particular reason other than they're in the same business? Like when he asked if John Fogerty had ever met Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett.

That seems lazy. For Pete's sake, do some research and ask questions that actually pertain to the guest's career.

He has to be one of the laziest radio hosts ever. There are times he doesn’t even seem to be paying attention to what he’s saying let alone his guests responses.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2020, 02:31:37 PM
He has to be one of the laziest radio hosts ever. There are times he doesn’t even seem to be paying attention to what he’s saying let alone his guests responses.

Yep. Asking a question the guest already has answered, or asking the same question several different times. So embarrassing.

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 19, 2020, 03:16:37 PM
Yep. Asking a question the guest already has answered, or asking the same question several different times. So embarrassing.
And usually the same old questions, the same few personal anecdotes, and with no apparent interest with follow-up questions or allowing the guest to expand on their story or thoughts.  Because questions like "where can listeners buy your book" or "you are really into this, you must like what you do" are riveting and important that should be asked multiple times. And then the obvious attempts to glom onto a 'star' and attempt to network "I met Russell Crowe," and so on.

I want a guest sometime to yell out "no I HATE what I do, dammit I wish I never started this damn career writing books about angels" and "you CANNOT get my book at Amazon or my publisher's website. And you CAN'T get my book at my website."

Aspic3

Snoorway likes to brag about how charitable he is.

Well tonight, per his daughter, said they can't have any riff-raff of St. Louis join him and his family for their Thanksgiving dinner because of the virus.

(He of course faked his disappointment.)

Silphion

Once upon a time in Motor City

[attachment=1]

ItsOver

Snorge with another woman of woo, this time, light beings and orbs.  Norway spends 15 minutes gushing over how he must have danced with a light being at his 2016 St. Louis “invasion.”  Sees no other explanation for it, woo lady agrees and says it’s the best light being she’s ever seen.  Apparently light beings are just Snoory stooges dressed in fluorescent bed sheets.  ::)

Snorge then proclaims light beings have been around before the beginning of time, no doubt before the Big Bang.

ItsOver

Snoorway then closes out with Sinatra doing this goofy song.

https://youtu.be/S94Bh3Qez9o

I’m almost looking forward to Connie Willis.

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on November 20, 2020, 03:52:20 AM
Snorge then proclaims light beings have been around before the beginning of time, no doubt before the Big Bang.

Someone, please, for the love of God, I'm begging you here: give this cat my phone number. This is getting embarrassing.

Meanwhile: I'm fine! Thanks for asking.

DanTSX

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2020, 12:20:30 AM
I’m with him on that. I don’t get a flu shot either.

Depopulation sounds like a great idea honestly.  And not because we are running out of room or resources.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DanTSX on November 20, 2020, 10:31:18 AM
Depopulation sounds like a great idea honestly.  And not because we are running out of room or resources.

K, you first though. I’ll be right behind you. I promise!

DanTSX

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on November 19, 2020, 04:35:58 PM
And usually the same old questions, the same few personal anecdotes, and with no apparent interest with follow-up questions or allowing the guest to expand on their story or thoughts.  Because questions like "where can listeners buy your book" or "you are really into this, you must like what you do" are riveting and important that should be asked multiple times. And then the obvious attempts to glom onto a 'star' and attempt to network "I met Russell Crowe," and so on.

I want a guest sometime to yell out "no I HATE what I do, dammit I wish I never started this damn career writing books about angels" and "you CANNOT get my book at Amazon or my publisher's website. And you CAN'T get my book at my website."

In my opinion, that lame "You must like what you do" ranks among the worst of George's repertoire of mindless questions/comments guaranteed not to lead to an interesting response!

Speaking of mindless questions, George doesn't seem to put much thought into his interviews. Like when John Fogerty said his daughter turned him on to Taylor Swift. George should've asked if he had ever met American Idol season 5 winner Taylor Hicks or any of the guys named Taylor in Duran Duran. That makes as much sense as his usual questions!

I honestly don't know which of these 2 broads who fill in semi-regularly on weekends is which. They both are no-talents - pretty much Noory with vaginas.

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 20, 2020, 02:52:58 PM
In my opinion, that lame "You must like what you do" ranks among the worst of George's repertoire of mindless questions/comments guaranteed not to lead to an interesting response!

Speaking of mindless questions, George doesn't seem to put much thought into his interviews. Like when John Fogerty said his daughter turned him on to Taylor Swift. George should've asked if he had ever met American Idol season 5 winner Taylor Hicks or any of the guys named Taylor in Duran Duran. That makes as much sense as his usual questions!

He has no idea who any of those people are. His lack of knowledge about anybody or anything pop culture related post 1972 is a good indicator how little he interacts with his children and grandchildren.

It's bizarre, he's not that old, he grew up right in the middle of a cultural and musical revolution, it seems impossible even for a dork like him to have not absorbed some of it but he managed to live through the 60s and 70s as if he was 60 rather than 16.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 21, 2020, 01:22:12 AM
I honestly don't know which of these 2 broads who fill in semi-regularly on weekends is which. They both are no-talents - pretty much Noory with vaginas.
It’s pretty much pick your poison.  Giggling airhead Willis or bland Lee Cigar.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 21, 2020, 01:31:28 AM
He has no idea who any of those people are. His lack of knowledge about anybody or anything pop culture related post 1972 is a good indicator how little he interacts with his children and grandchildren.

It's bizarre, he's not that old, he grew up right in the middle of a cultural and musical revolution, it seems impossible even for a dork like him to have not absorbed some of it but he managed to live through the 60s and 70s as if he was 60 rather than 16.
Mommy’s little boy.

Sheltered in the Dearborn enclave.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 21, 2020, 01:31:28 AM

Yes, it's very strange. George never listened to Bob Dylan, but has more than a passing familiarity with the song stylings of Pat Boone? He does occasionally mention the Beach Boys, a group that's more his time, but only to repeat his anecdote about how they changed their name from the Pendletons.

Morgus

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 21, 2020, 10:09:33 AM
Yes, it's very strange. George never listened to Bob Dylan, but has more than a passing familiarity with the song stylings of Pat Boone? He does occasionally mention the Beach Boys, a group that's more his time, but only to repeat his anecdote about how they changed their name from the Pendletons.
I think Norway said Pat Boone was one of his mom's favorites, so thats why he knows about him.
Sinatra is the only other singer Norway is especially enamored of.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on November 21, 2020, 02:35:36 PM
I think Norway said Pat Boone was one of his mom's favorites, so thats why he knows about him.
When did Norway start with his Billy Gibbons obsession? Because I find it hard to believe that he liked ZZ Top considering his musical choices. Did he seize upon it to impress "Barry from North Carolina?"

For what it is worth Rense is a yuuge Mario Lanza aficionado.

Quote from: albrecht on November 21, 2020, 04:15:19 PM
When did Norway start with his Billy Gibbons obsession? Because I find it hard to believe that he liked ZZ Top considering his musical choices. Did he seize upon it to impress "Barry from North Carolina?"

Because Gibbons is a Coast listener and I guarantee you he's a Coast listener because of Art Bell but like a lot of Coast listeners it's a habit so they still listen under Noory's awful stewardship. It's the same with John Fogarty. Noory knows absolutely nothing about ZZ Top or CCR - he thought Lean on Me was a Fogarty song because John and his family did a cover on a recent album.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 21, 2020, 08:04:53 PM
Because Gibbons is a Coast listener and I guarantee you he's a Coast listener because of Art Bell but like a lot of Coast listeners it's a habit so they still listen under Noory's awful stewardship. It's the same with John Fogarty. Noory knows absolutely nothing about ZZ Top or CCR - he thought Lean on Me was a Fogarty song because John and his family did a cover on a recent album.
Yes, Snorge is like a being from another planet when it comes to knowing about their music.  He just likes to glom onto them so he can feel like he’s hanging out with real celebrities, thinking that’ll make him one.  Typical phony Norway.

DanTSX

Correct

Pat Boone is his comfort zone. 

I like oldies a lot.  I probably listen to more oldies than anything else really except synth wave. 

But pat Boone is pure cringe. 

Silphion

Quote from: DanTSX on November 21, 2020, 10:32:12 PM
Correct

Pat Boone is his comfort zone. 

I like oldies a lot.  I probably listen to more oldies than anything else really except synth wave. 

But pat Boone is pure cringe.

"Fun fact: Pat Boone was actually banned from his church over this."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z67IqrmygZY&list=RDz67IqrmygZY&start_radio=1

[attachment=1]

Gyoza Girl

Ha, I grew up listening to Don Ho and Arthur Lyman because my Dad was a designer of Polynesian restaurants.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on November 21, 2020, 04:15:19 PM

On the Oct. 9 show, "Barry in Rock Hill, South Carolina" said he attended the inaugural concert of AC/DC. That's heavy metal music, yes?