• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Lest I'm called just a "basement-dwelling, rat-eating hater" I will give credit to Norry, or his producer, for having the anti-Chicom guest Cyrus Parsa on last night. Most places are afraid to bring up the Chinese threat and mention the ruthless nature of communists and the Chinese in general. And the potential problems with AI and big tech, especially when coupled with governments like the Chinese.

Dateline

That above comment should be stricken because it deviates outside of the suck-gested guidelines for acceptable posting opinions.  How dare the above poster express his or her or its sincere thoughts.  That is just not politically correct under the unstated, but understood, guidelines. 
To quote:  "Nevermore." (Snarc.)

Dateline

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on October 20, 2020, 05:00:30 PM
Lest I'm called just a "basement-dwelling, rat-eating hater" I will give credit to Norry, or his producer, for having the anti-Chicom guest Cyrus Parsa on last night. Most places are afraid to bring up the Chinese threat and mention the ruthless nature of communists and the Chinese in general. And the potential problems with AI and big tech, especially when coupled with governments like the Chinese.

That guest lost me when he said poor people in China eat human babies.

Morgus

Ian Punnett is the guest on c2cam right now with Noory hosting.
Ian is claiming we need millennials to take over for the boomers.
Would be funny if Mike the Millennial calls in to Ian and gets more of his recommendations... :)

Quote from: Morgus on October 20, 2020, 11:44:31 PM
Ian Punnett is the guest on c2cam right now with Noory hosting.
Ian is claiming we need millennials to take over for the boomers.
Would be funny if Mike the Millennial calls in to Ian and gets more of his recommendations... :)

Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, Ian compared Noory to Moses.

Color me thusly:

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on October 20, 2020, 11:42:45 PM

He lost me the moment he spoke. He sounded like Dames wearing braces made of fishing lures.

Fucking irritating.

And batshit crazy saying China is 4 years away from creating duplicates of U S citizens for nefarious purposes.

Then bragged he himself could do that as well? 

Said he studied martial arts. Noory asked ""You mean Kung Fu?"

Guest said "no, more the internal kind."

My Chinese Kempo Kung Fu sensai rolled over in his grave.

That really took me back to the electric blue training mat. Blood. Sweat. Tears.

Rubber stamping a dragon seal on your belt certificate.

Very Matrix. Or not.

Coast is scraping lower and lower and ever fucking lower.

Amazing really.

Peculiarly rich.

Morgus

Mike the Millennial was the first caller, Tommy probably had him on speed dial!
But Ian was kinda timid this time with Mike with Noory there and promoting him as such a great listener, telling how he met Mike and his mother recently in Denver.

i really think the FBI should be informed about Noory. His 'baby' obsession is far beyond normal.

I don't know what the 2nd guest is an expert about but like clockwork the 'baby' topic flew out of Norry's stinky mouth 'Lynn tell us about the guy who was selling babies!' He followed up not wanting to let the baby discussion die 'It's unethical but is it ILLEGAL?' and then continued creepily along 'How much do the babies sell for? 50 thousand? 100 thousand dollars?'

LOL and Mike the Millennial obviously didn't take one word of Ian's advice, called in with the same shtick Ian scolded him about. Ian was on to push his new book so didn't hassle Mike the Millennial. Kid is obviously not all there in the head, probably some OCD thing. He again asserted that many millennials listen to Coast and need a platform where they can voice their concerns, adding that 'we can't call in to Fox and CNN' - uh normal 26 year olds can when a CNN or Fox News show does call-ins but no, they aren't going to put a loser like Mike on. Only Coast will put society's rejects on the air.

After Mike's call was over George commented what a fine young man Mike is and such a Coast fan, Ian was silent. Then George told him about meeting Mike and his mom in Denver and then had to add that Coast saved Mike's life. Way to breach a family's trust douchebag and share intimate private information they obviously shared with you about Mike.

He also told us that there won't be any vaccine for Covid, he being one of the world's great vaccine developers said it's impossible to develop a vaccine in less than a year. He knows nothing but I sure hope he's wrong because without an effective vaccine this shit is going to take who knows how long to burn itself out.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 21, 2020, 12:18:20 AM
He lost me the moment he spoke. He sounded like Dames wearing braces made of fishing lures.

Fucking irritating.

And batshit crazy saying China is 4 years away from creating duplicates of U S citizens for nefarious purposes.

That really took me back to the electric blue training mat. Blood. Sweat. Tears.

Very Matrix. Or not.

Amazing really.

Just once I wish George would tell one of his crackpot guests, "I don't want to hear any of that rubbish," like the New Zealand journalist Tova O'Brien.

For most of the day, the first-half guest was listed as "TBA," so I guess George really did scrape the barrel.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 21, 2020, 12:36:59 AM

Peculiarly rich.

It's hard for me to believe that poor Chinese people eat their own babies, which is what the guest said. Actually, I think he said Chinese parents don't necessarily want to eat their own babies, so they swap with their neighbors and eat their neighbors' babies, and vice versa.

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on October 21, 2020, 02:42:37 AM
Just once I wish George would tell one of his crackpot guests, "I don't want to hear any of that rubbish," like the New Zealand journalist Tova O'Brien.

For most of the day, the first-half guest was listed as "TBA," so I guess George really did scrape the barrel.

I think many of us, even the at times rabid anti noorites like myself, would smile if he showed a little spine and took a logical stance. The only guest that comes to mind is Sylvia Brown. She got under his skin when caught dead wrong (heh) about some non-dead persons. Noory has brought her up several times, like a torch of truth, to prove C2C  may have some "out there" guests, but Sylvia went too far!

(insert barking mad laughter)

I used to enjoy skewering Noory, but it seems he is much worse lately. All the pat responses, the "ah-hahs!", "interesting take," et al.

It is so painful lately that I might have to retreat into a Knapp only mode, with occasional Ian and Syrett.

Life is too short to listen to a mustached puppet possessing a Messianic complex.

Art made open lines a THING, a living thread that he could jerk or play out or slowly reel in.

Noory taking calls is like listening to radio DJs awarding KTXQ 102 t-shirts and bumper stickers to the ninth caller.

"You're on the air!"

Shoot me.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 20, 2020, 11:49:50 PM
Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, Ian compared Noory to Moses.

Color me thusly:

I can see this guy brought back from the dead...

Just to play this guy...

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 21, 2020, 03:35:46 AM

...Noory taking calls is like listening to radio DJs awarding KTXQ 102 t-shirts and bumper stickers to the ninth caller.

"You're on the air!"

Shoot me.
Ha!

“You’re the ninth caller!  I know cause I just used mah fingers and never got to mah toes!”

Uncle Duke

Fucking irritating.

Very Matrix. Or not.

Amazing really.

Yeah, he was nuts.  I too liked the bit about the Chinese would be able to replicate Americans sooner if he availed them of his knowledge.  His comments about sending apparently unsolicited reports to USG agencies (FBI? Secret Service?) and filing lawsuits to out the Chinese were also amusing.  You just know future reports submitted to the feds will include he was a guest on "the nationally syndicated C2C radio show featuring George Norway."

Another wackjob guest I would have loved to have heard Punnett interview.  I doubt he would have handled this character with kid gloves like he did octogenarian Paul Hellyer in a short segment a month or so back.

Dr. MD MD

And batshit crazy saying China is 4 years away from creating duplicates of U S citizens for nefarious purposes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPR

albrecht

Yeah he went off on some strange tangents but just the fact that somebody was a guest on a nationwide program stating the dangers from the Chinese, and communism in general, was refreshing and unusual.  The cannibalism stuff is real, at times.

"“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.” -Prince Philip at WWF Fundraiser, 1986. 

Some of these sources should be viewed with suspicion: 

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/1943581/how-political-hatred-during-cultural-revolution-led 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangxi_Massacre

http://factsanddetails.com/china/cat2/sub6/entry-5530.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140702/South-Korea-customs-officials-thousands-pills-filled-powdered-human-baby-flesh.html

http://heretical.com/cannibal/china.html

https://www.npr.org/2016/02/01/465124337/how-chinas-one-child-policy-led-to-forced-abortions-30-million-bachelors

albrecht

I think I heard McTaggart say "like a television beaming into a radio" (in explaining consciousness.)   

Norway didn't question or ask for a better explanation of this. I think she meant that people are receiving consciousness from the outside as like a radio or tv.

Juan

If that television were beaming into a dead, or mean, baby, he would have had plenty to say.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 21, 2020, 08:01:57 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPR

I kept waiting for Noire to mention China creating American duplicates in this episode of The Outer Limits, but he is more apt to cite The Twilight Zone.

Scene from The One Hundred Days of the Dragon:

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 21, 2020, 12:02:39 PM
I kept waiting for Noire to mention this episode of The Outer Limits, but he is more apt to cite The Twilight Zone.

Scene from The One Hundred Days of the Dragon:

My point is that all that crazy, sci-fi shit is technically possible now. It’s probably better to deal with it head on rather than with dismissive hand waving and eyerolling at this point. ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on October 21, 2020, 09:29:58 AM
Yeah he went off on some strange tangents but just the fact that somebody was a guest on a nationwide program stating the dangers from the Chinese, and communism in general, was refreshing and unusual.  The cannibalism stuff is real, at times.

"“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.” -Prince Philip at WWF Fundraiser, 1986. 

Overlooking the fact Prince Philip is a renowned racist and major loon, his statement is correct.  I've talked to many people who've traveled to China and heard story after story about animals offered in markets, restaurants, and especially street vendors.  Seemingly nothing was/is off limits. 

A very good friend of mine was sent to China by his employer, a major US food conglomerate, to lay ground work for the opening of a production facility.  One evening his Chinese hosts insisted he go out to dinner with them.  They took him to a place that was more menagerie than restaurant, and he said the stench was overwhelming as soon as he stepped out of the car.  There was no menu, just dozens of cages and tanks from which he was to select his entree.  He saw rats, monkeys, bats, pangolins (which he'd never heard of), eels, insects, etc.  He went with a chicken, which was duly delivered to his table completely intact, including a number of singed feathers.  He couldn't bring himself to eat a single bite.  The combination of the presentation of his meal, the stench, and the glee with which his Chinese hosts happily consumed rodents and something resembling fox was too much for him. 

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 21, 2020, 03:35:46 AM
I think many of us, even the at times rabid anti noorites like myself, would smile if he showed a little spine and took a logical stance. The only guest that comes to mind is Sylvia Brown. She got under his skin when caught dead wrong (heh) about some non-dead persons. Noory has brought her up several times, like a torch of truth, to prove C2C  may have some "out there" guests, but Sylvia went too far!

(insert barking mad laughter)

I used to enjoy skewering Noory, but it seems he is much worse lately. All the pat responses, the "ah-hahs!", "interesting take," et al.

It is so painful lately that I might have to retreat into a Knapp only mode, with occasional Ian and Syrett.

Life is too short to listen to a mustached puppet possessing a Messianic complex.

Art made open lines a THING, a living thread that he could jerk or play out or slowly reel in.

Noory taking calls is like listening to radio DJs awarding KTXQ 102 t-shirts and bumper stickers to the ninth caller.

"You're on the air!"

Shoot me.

When George says "interesting take," most of the time he's not even using that term correctly!

Some people here think Linda Moulton Howe was kicked off the show because she fell for some guy's ridiculous assertion that he was secretly an astronaut on the Apollo moon missions. That's at odds with her own explanation, but who knows?

Given some of the nonsense we hear on the show, I would have thought Linda's misstep would be forgiven.

Last night, Ian said George's greatest strength as the "leader of Coast to Coast" is that he doesn't keep a tight rein on his colleagues who host the show in his absence. I think that's only because George doesn't pay any attention.

George barely pays attention when he's hosting the show himself. Look at the way he asks a question the guest has already answered, or a question he asked previously. One of my biggest peeves is when he blurts out some inane question just as the guest is building up to a salient point.

I used to think George was too distracted planning his live stage shows to listen to anything the guests were saying, but I guess that's all on hold now.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 21, 2020, 05:37:14 AM
Another wackjob guest I would have loved to have heard Punnett interview.  I doubt he would have handled this character with kid gloves like he did octogenarian Paul Hellyer in a short segment a month or so back.

I remember those kid gloves that night!

Regarding guests in general, usually, the crazier they are, the higher the potential for entertainment, and also, rarely, opening my eyes to some interesting speculation.  But Snore's latest formula of 1st guest political and 2nd guest a female New Ager he seems to have a thing for, has burned me out.

I'm suffering from Noor-spore poisoning.

No vaccine. Treatment is to skip several Noorby episodes, even if guest sounds entertaining. As IO might say, I am severely limiting my exposure to woo woo.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 21, 2020, 12:06:18 PM
My point is that all that crazy, sci-fi shit is technically possible now. It’s probably better to deal with it head on rather than with dismissive hand waving and eyerolling at this point. ;)

If China is able to create an army of George Noorys, we are absolutely screwed, blued, and dragon-inked tattooed.

;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 21, 2020, 12:33:30 PM
If China is able to create an army of George Noorys, we are absolutely screwed, blued, and dragon-inked tattooed.

;D

Agreed. I don’t even wanna think about the Tomees. :o

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 21, 2020, 12:06:18 PM
My point is that all that crazy, sci-fi shit is technically possible now.

Hold my alpha build.