George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jackstar

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 06, 2020, 12:37:17 AM
Yes. Cheeky cheeky.

That's the strangest squirrel I've ever seen. I bet it can hold a lot of nuts.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on September 05, 2020, 10:12:31 PM
He had good albums and career. Last few tours looked like he was Madame Toussades waxwork and couldn't remember lyrics. This sounds very auto-tuney. But not bad. And good Ozzy is still going. Never had the pipes like Dio did though. Norry has likely never heard of any of these people and I doubt Mama Norry even let Georgie listen to the bizarre metal album by Pat Boone. Which admittedly was a trip because so bizarre. The cover alone is worth it.  :o
Pat Boone metal album.  Let’s not know go there on a Sunday morning.  I have at least a little decency.

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on September 06, 2020, 04:03:49 AM
Pat Boone metal album.  Let’s not know go there on a Sunday morning. 

[attachment=1]

Quote from: ItsOver on September 06, 2020, 04:03:49 AM
I have at least a little decency.

Prove it.

Dateline

You know you are given the the Norr ideas.  Just wait, this weak we will hear, Norry does heavy metal.  My fav will be when the homey, Norry, does hip hop.

Oh wait, that has been done Norry style.  The Producer, took some chalk on Hollywood Boulevard and drew Norry a hop scotch board.  Norry jumped on it, and he and friend had an afternoon playing hopscotch with their Vegas roulette tokens on the Boulevard.  So, Norry did hip hop that way.  Ma Norry watched a Facebook video of it and stood up from yoga and clapping and applauding.  Norry gushed.  Ma Norry approved of her homey.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 05, 2020, 09:35:32 PM
I'm not into Connie Willis, but I will give tonight a go, because I've always loved the Kentucky Sutton Farm UFO case and am interested in hearing what Ms. Sutton has to say.

If you are interested the case, and have yet to listen to the song SCARY LITTLE GREEN MEN from Ozzy's latest record, I can't think of a more appropriate time:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORAfOEPUV3k

I was pleasantly surprised, the interview about Kelly went better than I had hoped.  A couple issues of note I'd like to comment on.  First, Connie tried to make a big deal about the Army showing up.  It was only a few MPs from Fort Campbell under a mutual aid agreement between the fort and local police departments. There were also state police and officers from other nearby jurisdictions who responded as well. 

There were empty beer bottles found in the house, but known of the officers thought anyone in the house was intoxicated or smelled of alcohol.  One of the people in the house, I think it was Lucky, gave a significantly different description of the varmints they shot at than the others. First time I've heard the claim the military left the farm with something.

Different neighbors gave different accounts of what they saw/heard that night, including a couple who said they heard no gunfire.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 06, 2020, 10:50:06 AM
I was pleasantly surprised, the interview about Kelly went better than I had hoped.  A couple issues of note I'd like to comment on.  First, Connie tried to make a big deal about the Army showing up.  It was only a few MPs from Fort Campbell under a mutual aid agreement between the fort and local police departments. There were also state police and officers from other nearby jurisdictions who responded as well. 

There were empty beer bottles found in the house, but known of the officers thought anyone in the house was intoxicated or smelled of alcohol.  One of the people in the house, I think it was Lucky, gave a significantly different description of the varmints they shot at than the others. First time I've heard the claim the military left the farm with something.

Different neighbors gave different accounts of what they saw/heard that night, including a couple who said they heard no gunfire.

I agree. Geraldine Sutton Stith gave a good interview and pleasant on the eardrums with her matter of fact delivery.

While I occasionally enjoy bashing Noory, I won't go into detail about Willis. Her tone is fine, but something about her cadence and chuckling throws me off.

Having said that, I'm grateful she was hosting instead of Noory.  I don't know if I could have endured the two hours with his tedious "time to stump the guest" approach:

"Why would they DO that, Geraldine?! What's up with that!? Huh?"

Good God Almighty my face is hot just thinking about it.

I'm being triggered by something that didn't even happen. Just imagining his questions.

Definitely an enjoyable show in my opinion.

Jackstar

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 06, 2020, 09:49:43 PM
Good God Almighty my face is hot just thinking about it.

I'm being triggered by something that didn't even happen.

A.: It's a psychotropic weapon.
B.: You dearly, desperately need to get laid.
C.: It's a misunderstanding--like an episode of Three's Company.

Choose any two. I'll throw in fifty bucks for option B. Have your... beloved contact my flunky for all necessary payment details.

And, yes, I've always loved you, but--I'm simply not available.

My NCA/NDA is unbelievably restrictive. Punylings can't even.

Word on the street, though, is that George Noory sucks. If you rifle through his wallet after the benign coital headache kicks in and takes him out, you can probably clear a great good deal more than a Grant.

Morgus

The atheist regular caller just called in again, always starting by saying "With all due respect to your guest..."

pate

Quote from: Morgus on September 07, 2020, 12:47:25 AM
The atheist regular caller just called in again, always starting by saying "With all due respect to your guest..."

As a high-caliber individual, Navy Davy knows that "With all due respect..." is MilSpeak for "F*ck you very much, sir."

Hah!

-p

Jackstar

Quote from: pate on September 07, 2020, 12:51:36 AM
"With all due respect..."

-p

In my home dimension, We say "With any due respect..." Also, I'm calling my garage "my home dimension" now.

-J*

pate

Quote from: Jackstar on September 07, 2020, 01:33:02 AM

... "With any due respect..."

The transubstantiation of "any" for "all" in that phrase changes the meaning entirely, if you take my meaning...

-p

edioto
:  Mr. Marco's V7 did a nice variation on this theme that I am unable to find in this "garage dimension" so the following will have to suffice hear:

https://youtu.be/WiR-5swzlvE

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Morgus on September 07, 2020, 12:47:25 AM

That was "Walt in Pennsylvania." I thought he had a good point when he said that in the Bible, God's solution for everything was mass murder.

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on September 07, 2020, 11:03:21 AM
That was "Walt in Pennsylvania." I thought he had a good point when he said that in the Bible, God's solution for everything was mass murder.

Murder by definition is unlawful killing. So if God does it (or directs it) it is not murder, as God made the laws. Q.E.D.  ;)

But taking Bill the AAA or Walt- an atheist's view- one could say that humans are a part of nature. Just another animal, granted some greater insights due to tens of thousands of years of evolution and ability to learn aside from instinct, etc- but why would humans be presumed to be above the nature- which always consists of change, including extinctions, mass die offs, vast population changes in the food chain, etc? This is seen all the time in population numbers change in nature (think rabbits for an easy example,) sometimes drastically. When there is a drought, wildfire, over abundance -or introduction- of top predators. And why those lower on the food chain often have more offspring. But can get out of control and be self-defeating sometimes. Not to go full Social Darwinist but you can see human population numbers even reflected when correlated with wealth (the poor tend to produce more babies, poorer nations tend to have higher rate of reproduction....)  So what is perceived by Walt as "mass murder" is simply nature culling a population maybe?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on September 07, 2020, 12:23:11 PM
Uncle Duke is feeling very "Dutch Uncle" like today!

If we are going to defund the police, I think their Narcan budget should be the first cut.

pate

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 07, 2020, 12:49:58 PM
If we are going to defund the police, I think their Narcan budget should be the first cut.

"Narcan" made me think of

Quote from: albrecht on August 29, 2020, 01:25:36 PM
... GeorgeDavy Norway...

for unexplainable reasons.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 07, 2020, 12:49:58 PM
Presumably less Narcan would mean less NDEs and so less boring George Norway shows about NDEs.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 07, 2020, 12:12:25 PM
That's how I view ODs.

I view alcoholism similarly only a slower, more lingering death well suited to the type of assholes that tend to gravitate toward it.  ;)

stevesh

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

- Richard Dawkins

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: stevesh on September 07, 2020, 01:55:29 PM
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

- Richard Dawkins

Yeah, man! It’s a good thing JC came along to set us straight about that. It’s only been a couple thousand years. I’m sure Mr. Dawkins will catch up eventually. ;)

ItsOver

- Richard Dawkins
Works for me.  Sounds like he’d fit right in at BellGab. 

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on September 07, 2020, 11:45:46 AM

So what is perceived by Walt as "mass murder" is simply nature culling a population maybe?

In real life, yes. But we are talking about a work of literature in which a major character causes disasters with huge loss of life.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on September 07, 2020, 11:45:46 AM
Murder by definition is unlawful killing. So if God does it (or directs it) it is not murder, as God made the laws. Q.E.D.  ;)

I guess a lawyer, judge or theologian would have to figure that out. Ian Punnett would probably have an opinion. But Walt cited the Great Flood and Sodom and Gomorrah to argue his case. Surely not everyone on the planet or living in those two cities deserved to die.

Nothing matters after our sun goes Full Metal Red Giant.

I go away now for a little while but know I am with you always.

(Has Camazotz Automat departed for a late Summer Vacation, or to work on travel columns of questionable worth,  or will he, literally, attempt to hook and surface one of H.P. Lovecraft's Deep Ones in the Triangle? Or all the above? I'm Leonard Nimoy, and this is IN SEARCH OF.)

pate

- Richard Dawkins

Dawkins has the audacity to use the word "fiction" in his puerile pedagogic pitch against Judeo-Christianity(& Islam TBH)?

Does the Dick have any scientific observations of a similar Nature on Shiva, or would that be too racist for such a studied and urbane specimen such as himself?

The above questions are, of course, rhetorical and should be treated as statements of factual, fatuous and facetious open onions of the author (me).

-p

K_Dubb

I am really feeling microaggressed here with the repeated use of the word "fiction".  That is the Ancient Wisdom of my Elders you are disparaging.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 07, 2020, 04:02:10 PM
I am really feeling microaggressed here with the repeated use of the word "fiction".  That is the Ancient Wisdom of my Elders you are disparaging.
Just no respect at all for elders, anymore.  Now get off my damn lawn!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on September 07, 2020, 04:55:30 PM
Just no respect at all for elders, anymore.  Now get off my damn lawn!

There should be. There really should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrcWzMKE3Sw

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 07, 2020, 04:59:03 PM
There should be. There really should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrcWzMKE3Sw
Yeppirs!  Meanwhile, whut are all the young whippersnappers worshiping?  That gol durn man made climate change and a failed political theory, dang nab it!
Damn, this All Bran is good!