• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Uncle Duke

Quote from: expat on July 23, 2020, 07:28:20 AM
So the gun-control guy goes "Mass shooters ALWAYS look for places that are gun-free so they know nobody can shoot back".

gNoory goes "Yeah? What about the Mandalay Bay massacre? The one with most victims ever? Your thesis doesn't stand up my friend".

Oh, sorry, that was just in my dreams. In reality gNoory goes "Yeah" and on to the next 3x5.

Listening to this show currently, what Lot said was, "About 94% of the mass public shootings (in the US) take place where people are banned from having guns."

Quote from: Dateline on July 24, 2020, 09:12:52 AM
Norry should be appreciative of all the educational resources at his disposal on this thread.  There are the foreign languages, fine music, commentary for acting and interviewing, art and literary resources, fine food displays to whet his appetite, the list goes on and on.  Oh yeah, scientific discussion on the planets and the universe.  Not only the arts are represented but also the sciences.  For fashion, "Grampers Pampers" is displayed.   There is enrichment in all areas of life, self-improvement, and comedy.  Don't forget relationship advise from some of the most thoughtful. 

Yes, Bellgab has also been a talent pool, just think Falkie.  Where would he be without our collective efforts?  All the worse for it?  I really think we should be included in the closing credits beginning with Monday.

George gives us a shout out every now and then, when he mentions "haters".

expat

Quote from: ItsOver on July 24, 2020, 05:07:15 PM
No, I don't mean that, you ass.

Well then, if I may politely ask, what the fuck DO you mean?

expat

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 24, 2020, 06:28:41 PM
Listening to this show currently, what Lot said was, "About 94% of the mass public shootings (in the US) take place where people are banned from having guns."

OK, thanks for the correction. We always respect the truth here, don't we?

So the point about Mandalay Bay still stands. As for school shootings, of which we might all agree there have been far too many, the point is completely spurious. Yes of course guns are banned in schools. But the shooters are almost invariably pupils or ex-pupils of the school. So they don't choose the scene of their insane violence on the basis of a ban on firearms, they choose it because they have a grudge against that particular institution (Sandy Hook is problematic in that regard, but Lanza had attended the school some years back).

Uncle Duke

Quote from: expat on July 24, 2020, 09:11:31 PM
OK, thanks for the correction. We always respect the truth here, don't we?

So the point about Mandalay Bay still stands. As for school shootings, of which we might all agree there have been far too many, the point is completely spurious. Yes of course guns are banned in schools. But the shooters are almost invariably pupils or ex-pupils of the school. So they don't choose the scene of their insane violence on the basis of a ban on firearms, they choose it because they have a grudge against that particular institution (Sandy Hook is problematic in that regard, but Lanza had attended the school some years back).

I do.

The Vegas shootings would fall in the 6%, assuming guns were not banned at the concert the gunman attacked.  You are correct however, as handguns would have been useless, even dangerous, shooting at the hotel sniper nest from ground level.  But the first mass school shooting incident in the US, Charles Witman firing from the 28th story of the UT Tower in 1966, was brought to an end at least partially by armed civilians with high powered rifles.  They provided covering fire that allowed outgunned police officers (and an armed civilian) to get into the building to take Whitman out.  Those citizens saved countless lives, it says so in the Connelly Commission report on the incident .

I think Lot misses the point relative to whether gunmen know they are in a gun free zone.  It really makes no difference, the fact is the gunmen break the law by entering into these areas, but the law abiding citizens obeying the law and not carrying are unable to defend themselves. 

Poor Punnett has to deal with the crackpots and sad sacks Noory has nurtured. Annie called in on open phones and she's rambling on as you'd expect from a hillbilly about squirrels and then for some reason she began making other animal noises. Probably deep into the moonshine.

poor Ian it's an onslaught. bunch of elderly MAGA folks called in - he dispatches them pretty quickly. he's apolitical, claims to be but he's definitely a lib.

final caller, old woman, a female Jorch said she's never felt better, she doesn't do any social distancing, won't wear a mask, says it's the herbs and minerals she takes that makes her immune. Ian got rid of her fast 'I know too many friends who've been in the hospital - bye'

Jackstar

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 25, 2020, 03:02:07 AM
'I know too many friends who've been in the hospital - bye'

Someone show me their collection of obituaries. Seems like COVID ought to be revitalizing the newspaper industry, what with all these friends in mourning.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 24, 2020, 03:14:37 AM
yet another female guest tonight preying on the dumb and desperate, she's been on before, recognized the Eurotrash French accent. She's a practitioner of energy medicine. Guy who's beat cancer once and now they want to remove his cancerous thyroid calls in - the guest tells him his thoughts have created the cancer and Noory tells him to talk to Pharmacist Ben, verrrrrrrrrry helpful responsible people. Noory did of course cover his ass by suggesting to the guest that modern science based medicine isn't all bad and she agreed if things are really serious then it's ok to get treatment from a real doctor but if you don't fix your thoughts the disease will come back.

Noory saved his best for the last minute of the show, the guest who is French really lathered up the old boy telling him how much fun she had and what an amazing interviewer he is -  Noory you could hear blushing got nervous and stammered 'I wish I could say thank you in French Caroline ... *chortle* ... but I don't know the words.'  70 YEARS OLD AND HE DOESN'T KNOW 'THANK YOU' IN FRENCH IS 'MERCI' OR 'MERCI BEAUCOUP'!  Incredible, a 6 year old knows that, I did, just by watching Pepe LePew and other childrens movies/books but not Noory. World's dullest man.
I know how to say thank you in 6 languages - without ever having made a conscious effort.  It just comes with life.
Thanks for the laugh.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on July 24, 2020, 09:12:52 AM
Norry should be appreciative of all the educational resources at his disposal on this thread.  There are the foreign languages, fine music, commentary for acting and interviewing, art and literary resources, fine food displays to whet his appetite, the list goes on and on.  Oh yeah, scientific discussion on the planets and the universe.  Not only the arts are represented but also the sciences.  For fashion, "Grampers Pampers" is displayed.   There is enrichment in all areas of life, self-improvement, and comedy.  Don't forget relationship advise from some of the most thoughtful. 

Yes, Bellgab has also been a talent pool, just think Falkie.  Where would he be without our collective efforts?  All the worse for it?  I really think we should be included in the closing credits beginning with Monday.
I agree.  "And credit goes out to my rat-eating frenemies at Bell Gab."

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 25, 2020, 02:02:13 AM
Poor Punnett has to deal with the crackpots and sad sacks Noory has nurtured. Annie called in on open phones and she's rambling on as you'd expect from a hillbilly about squirrels and then for some reason she began making other animal noises. Probably deep into the moonshine.
Ian started with Good Evening, Mr. and Mrs. America.  Oh my goodness, how pompous, grandiose, exclusive, and pandering.  And what about listeners who aren't married or are gay!  Sheesh.  Can't stand his shows.  Off within the first 5 minutes.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on July 25, 2020, 03:53:40 AM
Oh my goodness, how pompous, grandiose, exclusive, and pandering. 

There's no love of showmanship anymore.

Gyoza Girl

One of the Open Lines callers said she gets all her news from Coast to Coast, eschewing all other sources of news. I hope she was exaggerating, because I don't know how anyone can function in life this way. To make matters worse, she said she is a teacher with a lot of international students.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on July 25, 2020, 03:42:41 AM
I know how to say thank you in 6 languages - without ever having made a conscious effort.  It just comes with life.
Thanks for the laugh.

ขอบคุณ

ShayP

Ian started with Good Evening, Mr. and Mrs. America.  Oh my goodness, how pompous, grandiose, exclusive, and pandering.  And what about listeners who aren't married or are gay!  Sheesh.  Can't stand his shows.  Off within the first 5 minutes.

How was his bumper music?

AvDaBr

Please tell me you're trolling us.

Kidnostad3

Punnet is self aggrandizing, self absorbed, alternately arrogant or obsequious, loquacious to a fault and funny looking.  Yeah, that’s him alright.

With such hits as:

Crocodile Rock
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Candle In The Wind
and many others.

Sir Elton John:

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on July 25, 2020, 02:33:11 PM
How was his bumper music?
I'll have to go check the website..... Ok, after looking it over, I'm just not familiar with it.

Quote from: AvDaBr on July 25, 2020, 02:35:52 PM
Please tell me you're trolling us.
Not likely.  I didn't incite anything, & I kept it short.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on July 26, 2020, 01:50:50 AM
It needs to be inclusive.

In my experience, if one wishes to be included, one must be inclusible.

Noory makes Punnett look like Leonardo DiCaprio.

Noory looks like the miserable owner of a Falafel King franchise.

Ciardelo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 26, 2020, 08:39:10 AM
Noory makes Punnett look like Leonardo DiCaprio.

Noory looks like the miserable owner of a Falafel King franchise.

Uncanny

Jojo

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 26, 2020, 02:14:32 AM
In my experience, if one wishes to be included, one must be inclusible.
Ian is a bigot.  He left out women who do not tell their marital status, which men don't (hence, Ms.).  He appears to have left out gays and any unmarried women.  He is just being a WASP.  All that education (and religion?) for what.

Ciardelo

"Good Evening Mr. and Mrs. America, and All the Ships at Sea" is a callback to Walter Winchell's famous radio salutation.

You're probably too young to remember.

Jojo

Quote from: Ciardelo on July 26, 2020, 09:32:12 AM
Uncanny

Well, I don't know...  George has a magnetism!!

I don't think Ian is bad.  It's only his mode of expression which bothers me.  I agree with a lot of the things he says, just not the way he says them.  He's hyper-defensive.  Ian, your Judger (whoever they are) is long dead.  You are all grown up.  Say what you have, to say.  As long as your views are reasonable, and they usually are full of reasons, then now there is no longer any need for qualifiers or rationalizations.  Unless someone brings up a disagreement.  You don't have to please everyone because there will always be idiots.  You also don't have to prove your arguments are sound before we hear them, because sound arguments are what got you on national radio in the first place one would assume.  But do draw out guests and callers, because a lot of the time we'd rather hear what they think since you yourself have sooooooo many thoughts put upon us already which might be okay, not sure, without all the lengthy qualifiers and rationalizations.  Too many rationalizations is a sign of the family of origin having an alcoholic parent - not sure what your background is, but your audience is not some pissy alcoholic (or religious or otherwise addicted) parent from your past trying to best his child in an unnecessary verbal intelligence test instead of emotionally support the child.  Since agitated misery passes for emotional intimacy in dysfunctional families or origin.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 25, 2020, 03:16:23 PM
Punnet is self aggrandizing, self absorbed, alternately arrogant or obsequious, loquacious to a fault and funny looking.  Yeah, that’s him alright.

Agree completely. I thought the little twit was gone for good with his hearing problem. It was like a sucker punch to the gut when he returned. He's at least as. political as George, pushes the neo-liberal agenda.

AvDaBr

It's pretty obvious where his political allegiances lie, but he's still a pretty good host in my view.  As Jojo alluded to, he needs to get to his point or question without all the unnecessary verbal meandering.  And I do wish he'd tackle the occasional paranormal topic.  I know he did a show on the Enfield case some months back, which is quite honestly the only time I remember his show featuring such a topic.