• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
At one time setting up a live streaming reality house show would be cost prohibitive - a friend of mine did this in about 2000, tried to do a 24 hour a day live streaming Real World thing online with young attractive actors/actresses/models -  there was no off the shelf hardware/software at the time, and internet bandwidth was very expensive, after blowing through close to a million dollars fast he pulled the plug.

Now today, you could set up a Coast live house of kooky Coast listeners - there is a ton of off the shelf stuff to do it and bandwidth is cheap. I would pay good money to watch that. Imagine Louise the Cleopatra Lady seducing Mike the Millennial Virgin -  you're Mark Anthony reincarnated Mike, I need you between my thighs now! A 24 year old white nerd virgin and a 65 year old black woman relationship - that's an art film right there. Cornelius I am pretty sure would get caught stealing shit from all his friends in the house. Expensive part would be renting a house with enough bedrooms, 8 would be a good number.  And food for them.

NoMoreNoory

Joorch is not even waiting for ‘dear friends’ of the show to pop their clogs as an excuse to skip out early while he puts on one of his so-called tributes. He slung an old tape of him and Uri Geller on in the last half hour last night for no apparent reason in the name of avoiding callers and an early turkey sammidge.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 01, 2020, 11:16:34 AM
Yeah, she was one of the more reasonable UFO guests he's had on in a while and naturally he does one of his patented disjointed interviews. At one point she seemed to be making fun of George, but be didn't get it. 

I can imagine a literary agent telling a client, "I have good news and bad news.  The good news is I've booked you on a talk show that has a proven track record of increased book sales.  The bad news is the host is a boob."

So Duke,  seems like you keep up with Noory as well as anyone.   Any word on when he is gonna hang it up?   He has to be in his early 70's by now - how much longer would he want to do the show day in and day out?

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on July 03, 2020, 12:03:27 PM
sNoory: Would we be gods to the robots?
Dr. Geoffrey Simmons: Uh,well, that’s a good question.  ....... We could tell them that.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 04, 2020, 07:00:50 AM
So Duke,  seems like you keep up with Noory as well as anyone.   Any word on when he is gonna hang it up?   He has to be in his early 70's by now - how much longer would he want to do the show day in and day out?

No I really don't.  I record every C2C show on my CCrane Witness, bought it when Bell was still doing the show, but listen to at most 40% of them.  Whether I listen is usually a function of the guest, although I do listen to every open lines segment to enjoy the buffoonery.  I tend to listen to Punnett and Syratt shows most frequently, but seldom ever listen to Willis, Garr, or Church.  The Georges I might listen to 50% of the time, but again it's usually guest dependent.

As to what the future holds for George, unless he really steps on his crank big time,  I think the network will allow him to stick around as long as he wants to do the show.  Considering how self important George thinks he is to "his" listens, that could be a while. Besides, there could be worst hosts.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 04, 2020, 02:28:47 AM
open phones are very very good tonight, filled with moonbats and sadsacks, many of them think very highly of themselves and want to be guests or correspondents on the show. one of them went through the amazing number of topics he's an expert on and he needs to show it off as a guest so George can pick his enormous brain on everything from ufology to physics.

then David from Montreal, Quebec called in absolutely pumped to be on the radio talking to George Noory. George told him he has relatives in Montreal then asked him when 'the Expo' was in Montreal because that's where George met these relatives. The conversation went so well that David suggested he should be Coast's Canadian correspondent. George exploits these people by encouraging them that he will consider them and to leave all their information with Donna. 'David we could call on you when there is news happening in the .... uh .... Canada area.'  LOL the Canada area, like it's a city and not an enormous geographic country stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific oceans.

George Noory: We'll be doing a live show in the Canada area next year so you Canadians keep listening in for more information.

Canadian Caller:  That's great news. Where is the show going to take place?

George Noory: I think Vancouver this time. Where are you located?

Canadian Caller: Halifax, Nova Scotia

George Noory: Terrific, that's in the Canada area isn't it?

Canadian Caller: Yeah but it's on the other coast.

George Noory: Well drop by if you can. We love our Canadian area listeners.
;D  Nailed it.  Dave Noorie.  Wizard of the universe.

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 04, 2020, 06:47:34 AM
Joorch is not even waiting for ‘dear friends’ of the show to pop their clogs as an excuse to skip out early while he puts on one of his so-called tributes. He slung an old tape of him and Uri Geller on in the last half hour last night for no apparent reason in the name of avoiding callers and an early turkey sammidge.
I'm glad to see Jorch didn't disappoint last night by doing something other than his usual slothiness.  I'm also sure UFO Phil shrieking to close things out was the cherry on top of the typical excrement pile Jorch left behind for the listeners, as he scurried out the door.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 04, 2020, 08:20:49 AM
No I really don't.  I record every C2C show on my CCrane Witness, bought it when Bell was still doing the show, but listen to at most 40% of them.  Whether I listen it is usually a function of the guest, although I do listen to every open lines segment to enjoy the buffoonery.  I tend to listen to Punnett and Syratt shows most frequently, but seldom ever listen to Willis, Garr, or Church.  The Georges I might listen to 50% of the time, but again it's usually guest dependent.

As to what the future holds for George, unless he really steps on his crank big time,  I think the network will allow him to stick around as long as he wants to do the show.  Considering how self important George thinks he is to "his" listens, that could be a while. Besides, there could be worst hosts.

There are a couple of articles that say Premier extended his contract in 2017 but I couldn’t find anything about for how long. 

Jimmy Church is the only “worse host” I can think of. Connie Willis almost makes that bar but if she did a regular show she might do better than she does filling in. I haven’t listened to Lisa Garr in years so I don’t have an opinion. Actually the only C2C shows I have listened to at all in the last 3 years were with Knapp hosting. I don’t listen to Punnet but I do think he is a better host than Noory. Syrett is better than Noory but I haven’t listened to him in years either.  There are way too many commercials on C2C. I tolerate it to hear Knapp depending on the subject.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2020, 08:47:06 AM
There are a couple of articles that say Premier extended his contract in 2017 but I couldn’t find anything about for how long. 

Jimmy Church is the only “worse host” I can think of. Connie Willis almost makes that bar but if she did a regular show she might do better than she does filling in. I haven’t listened to Lisa Garr in years so I don’t have an opinion. Actually the only C2C shows I have listened to at all in the last 3 years were with Knapp hosting. I don’t listen to Punnet but I do think he is a better host than Noory. Syrett is better than Noory but I haven’t listened to him in years either.  There are way too many commercials on C2C. I tolerate it to hear Knapp depending on the subject.

Another benefit of the Witness, I ffwd through all the commercial, news, etc.  I can also replay the show at either 1.3 or 1.5 times its normal speed.  I can listen to an entire 4 hr show in just under 2 hrs.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 04, 2020, 08:20:49 AM
No I really don't.  I record every C2C show on my CCrane Witness, bought it when Bell was still doing the show, but listen to at most 40% of them.  Whether I listen is usually a function of the guest, although I do listen to every open lines segment to enjoy the buffoonery.  I tend to listen to Punnett and Syratt shows most frequently, but seldom ever listen to Willis, Garr, or Church.  The Georges I might listen to 50% of the time, but again it's usually guest dependent.

You don't mean to say that Alex Jones might take over do you?  Now there's a hideous prospect! 

ItsOver

Jorch will be at C2C until they drag him out, feet first.  He has nothing else.  It's his one claim to fame (read "infamy").

I'm starting to think Punnet is trying line himself up "as heir apparent," with his recent return, which I wouldn't mind.  Unfortunately, at 60, he's not a lot younger than Noory and it would take something unexpected for Noory to be gone.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Noory outlast C2C or even the current radio organizational set-up.  I guess we can always hope for a finding that massive quantities of tooomeric come with the risk of going mute. ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 04, 2020, 02:28:47 AM
open phones are very very good tonight, filled with moonbats and sadsacks, many of them think very highly of themselves and want to be guests or correspondents on the show. one of them went through the amazing number of topics he's an expert on and he needs to show it off as a guest so George can pick his enormous brain on everything from ufology to physics.

He was a hoot.  There used to be a caller many years ago who would regularly offer himself as an expert on all things.  He'd also run through a list of his inventions and deep philosophical theories.  Guy sounded like an eighth grade graduate with more fingers than teeth.

Juan

I thought George said he got a contract extension until we landed on Mars or some such foolishness.

Was hoping Old George might decide to hang it up.   Doesn't seem like there is any sign of that. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 04, 2020, 08:43:16 PM
Was hoping Old George might decide to hang it up.   Doesn't seem like there is any sign of that.

Too greedy

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 04, 2020, 08:43:16 PM
Jorch hung it up a long time ago.  He's the definition of retired on the job.

Dateline

Yes, Norry is just phoning it in, each day, everyday.

Dateline

Norry, now in the Lou and County Lou mandatory face masks.  Face masks are important for prevention, and prevention saves lives. 

Jojo

What's the worst thing about Church?  Sometimes I confuse him with Syrett.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on July 04, 2020, 10:37:58 AM
Jorch will be at C2C until they drag him out, feet first.  He has nothing else.  It's his one claim to fame (read "infamy").

I'm starting to think Punnet is trying line himself up "as heir apparent," with his recent return, which I wouldn't mind.  Unfortunately, at 60, he's not a lot younger than Noory and it would take something unexpected for Noory to be gone.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Noory outlast C2C or even the current radio organizational set-up.  I guess we can always hope for a finding that massive quantities of tooomeric come with the risk of going mute. ;)
Punnet still sounds condescending, not as much as before he went back to school, but most of the time.  I can't stand it even for a minute.  His constant rationalizations, explanations, delineations, judgments, opinions, evaluations...  it's all a poor excuse for real relating.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2020, 08:51:53 PM
Too greedy
Doesn't seem to spend the money on himself.  Everything he owns is a business expense.  I don't know.  He did sponsor that child in some third world country who would now be college age.  Did you notice how his daughter didn't have any blooms in her wedding photo?  Just greens.  Maybe that's a thing now, but it also is extremely frugal.

Walt Da Atheist Skeptic just got run off by Jimmy Church.  'Jimmy I like conservative Jews like your Mark Levins and Michael Savages ........'  Jimmy warns him not to go there, Walt continues 'but you got others like George Soros and Tom Steyer who are Marxists and  ........'  Church cut him off and told him he'd heard enough and ol' Walt was gone.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on July 05, 2020, 02:19:47 AM
Doesn't seem to spend the money on himself.  Everything he owns is a business expense.  I don't know.  He did sponsor that child in some third world country who would now be college age.  Did you notice how his daughter didn't have any blooms in her wedding photo?  Just greens.  Maybe that's a thing now, but it also is extremely frugal.

I sponsored two when he started that campaign and I never made $500k per year. His child would have aged out at least 5 years ago.  My original answer stands.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on July 05, 2020, 02:14:37 AM
What's the worst thing about Church?  Sometimes I confuse him with Syrett.

His bullshit fake voice for starters.

Quote from: Jojo on July 05, 2020, 02:17:04 AM
Punnet still sounds condescending, not as much as before he went back to school, but most of the time.  I can't stand it even for a minute.  His constant rationalizations, explanations, delineations, judgments, opinions, evaluations...  it's all a poor excuse for real relating.

uh ... Ian is married for decades to an intelligent woman successful in her own media career, think he has 2 sons who are very well educated and working and involved in making the world better, he's continued to work while at the same time continuing his education, earning his PhD late in life and now is a professor at Kansas State. I do think he does have a problem relating to people who have had sad lives and find themselves in their old age with nobody to care about but the host of a radio show that couldn't care less about them.

I find Punnett to be pretentious, pedantic and precocious at times but overall he does a good job on Coast because he is intelligent, he has knowledge, he prepares for the guests and you get a real conversation and interview. You don't get questions like 'Do you think the robot babies could attack us while we're sleeping? JEEZE!'

Jojo

That was nice of you.  Well, the taxes on the income must be pretty high.  He never looks lavish.  Modest wedding for daughter.  I dunno.  Money won't bring my cat back so it's a moot topic to me.

Quote from: Jojo on July 05, 2020, 02:40:55 AM
That was nice of you.  Well, the taxes on the income must be pretty high.  He never looks lavish.  Modest wedding for daughter.  I dunno.  Money won't bring my cat back so it's a moot topic to me.

Get a new cat, there are cats that need a home or they will be euthanized.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 05, 2020, 02:36:46 AM
uh ... Ian is married for decades to an intelligent woman successful in her own media career, think he has 2 sons who are very well educated and working and involved in making the world better, he's continued to work while at the same time continuing his education, earning his PhD late in life and now is a professor at Kansas State. I do think he does have a problem relating to people who have had sad lives and find themselves in their old age with nobody to care about but the host of a radio show that couldn't care less about them.

I find Punnett to be pretentious, pedantic and precocious at times but overall he does a good job on Coast because he is intelligent, he has knowledge, he prepares for the guests and you get a real conversation and interview. You don't get questions like 'Do you think the robot babies could attack us while we're sleeping? JEEZE!'
I'm not old and my life is very vibrant.  I moved & am working full time.  Never heard of an adult being called precocious - you mean pedantic.  Well, I never said George was more skilled - but Ian is just immature.  I hope you can agree to disagree.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 05, 2020, 02:43:17 AM
Get a new cat, there are cats that need a home or they will be euthanized.
That's a good point.  It was really difficult finding landlords that would allow one.  And I don't have any assets or savings right now.

San Francisco passed a law a few years ago that no one could breed pets until every pet had a home.  I would like to see that law passed everywhere.  We can't keep killing unwanted pets while churning more about at pet stores.  It's totally irresponsible and unethical.

I've raised 70 years of pet lifespan.  That's a lot.  But the last 10 years, I was constantly concerned I might have to surrender them.  Fortunately, we made it altogether through the rotten economy.  And the ones remaining lived through their natural life spans.  But before I take one in, I need to get some savings behind me, and pay for some urgent car repairs, like vapor lock, breaks, and a/c.  Still, landlords can have whatever they want right now, and they are restricting pets a lot.  But we'll see.  I'm not sure, maybe a dog would be better.

Quote from: Jojo on July 05, 2020, 02:45:27 AM
I'm not old and my life is very vibrant.  I moved & am working full time.  Never heard of an adult being called precocious - you mean pedantic.  Well, I never said George was more skilled - but Ian is just immature.  I hope you can agree to disagree.

I did mean precocious, often Ian comes off like a precocious child showing off how much he knows about theology or pop culture as if he's trying to impress an imaginary 'adult table' of listeners out there. He no doubt has a low opinion of the regular Coast callers/listeners.

He's good though, he reminds me of several local talk hosts i've heard in my lifetime. His interest in the paranormal isn't very much, could not see them hiring a guy full time to host Coast who wouldn't at least fake a real interest in paranormal and woo like Noory does. Punnett is a skeptic, if he had a guest on who has had a near death experience or UFO abduction experience he will come at it from a psychological and science perspective and that sure won't make Coast listeners happy or interested.