• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 29, 2020, 04:33:31 PM
Doc should force feed Snoory hard boiled eggs like he was Cool Hand Luke and then throw him in the hole for the night.
Norry announced that he and Doc Wallet would be having a live Zoom sometime soon. I hope some prankster logs in and plays the egg eating scene from Cool Hand Luke and clips from this news article.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/man-dies-after-trying-to-eat-50-eggs/ar-AAJROvP

Dateline

Quote from: albrecht on June 30, 2020, 03:12:51 PM
Norry announced that he and Doc Wallet would be having a live Zoom sometime soon. I hope some prankster logs in and plays the egg eating scene from Cool Hand Luke and clips from this news article.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/man-dies-after-trying-to-eat-50-eggs/ar-AAJROvP

You go all in the best laid eggs and plans.

Fantastic video! Are they using the tune from another song?

Dateline

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on June 30, 2020, 06:53:54 PM
Fantastic video! Are they using the tune from another song?

It's a parody of "Sunglasses at Night" by Corey Hart, originally performed in the 80's.

Quote from: albrecht on June 30, 2020, 03:10:38 PM
Norry interview with the UFO gal was tortuous. For some reason he kept on about God, not UFO or the subject of her book. He also mangled the same question over-and-over in befuddling ways. I'm not sure if he was trying to 'trip her up' in his mind or if he does have a big problem forming a basic question. Of course we got the Stanton Friedman story. At some point also some music broke which sounded like the old Dragnet intro-  in so it is possible that he was watching the old tv show on youtube while he did the interview and the speaker went into feed or his microphone. That could also explain his repeating of the same question over-and-over. I ffwed Doc Wallet and the good news is that my new mower worked well.

If George has been watching old TV shows while on the air, this would explain a lot. He has never been even an acceptable interviewer, but has gotten progressively worse over the years, as the show hemorrhages listeners. The IQ level of those remaining is indicated by the listener idea that Thomas in La Jolla is " a genius", and the fact they become distressed when one of the pitiful regular callers fails to check in for a while.

Quote from: Dateline on June 30, 2020, 07:02:58 PM
It's a parody of "Sunglasses at Night" by Corey Hart, originally performed in the 80's.

Thanks so much for sharing. I never would have found it on my own.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on June 30, 2020, 07:02:58 PM
Classic 80's song.  8)

http://youtu.be/X2LTL8KgKv8

Just tuned in to the show and I know nothing about the guest but he's talking about neuroscience and neuro chipping human brains -  he *seems* to know what he's talking about and it's very complex and all I can do is imagine Noory behind the microphone

a lot of 'mhmm' going on and when the guest finishes a thought Noory follows up with a low IQ question 'Do you think they will put these chips in babies Bart? oh my gosh'

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 30, 2020, 03:12:51 PM

At 8AM - pretty early.  Possibly tomorrow, not sure, but this week.  Insane time of day.  Not sure what time zone.

Jojo

Norry interview with the UFO gal was tortuous. For some reason he kept on about God, not UFO or the subject of her book. He also mangled the same question over-and-over in befuddling ways. I'm not sure if he was trying to 'trip her up' in his mind or if he does have a big problem forming a basic question. Of course we got the Stanton Friedman story. At some point also some music broke which sounded like the old Dragnet intro-  in so it is possible that he was watching the old tv show on youtube while he did the interview and the speaker went into feed or his microphone. That could also explain his repeating of the same question over-and-over. I ffwed Doc Wallet and the good news is that my new mower worked well.
That was micro-bumper music.  He's been doing that for a while.

Dateline

Quote from: Jojo on July 01, 2020, 04:23:06 AM
That was micro-bumper music.  He's been doing that for a while.

I don't listen and when I do, it is mostly in the background.  What do you mean by micro-bumper music, that he rushes at the end of the segment to only have a clip of music going to a commercial break?  That would seem to be a timing concern.  I have heard that over time.  Or, does he just randomly play clips during the show and during the interview.  It would be strange to do that.  Never have I heard that.  Can you imagine having an interview and a few seconds of a ZZTop song breaking through mid segment, so random. 

Uncle Duke

Yeah, she was one of the more reasonable UFO guests he's had on in a while and naturally he does one of his patented disjointed interviews. At one point she seemed to be making fun of George, but be didn't get it. 

I can imagine a literary agent telling a client, "I have good news and bad news.  The good news is I've booked you on a talk show that has a proven track record of increased book sales.  The bad news is the host is a boob."

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 01, 2020, 11:16:34 AM
Yeah, she was one of the more reasonable UFO guests he's had on in a while and naturally he does one of his patented disjointed interviews. At one point she seemed to be making fun of George, but be didn't get it. 

I can imagine a literary agent telling a client, "I have good news and bad news.  The good news is I've booked you on a talk show that has a proven track record of increased book sales.  The bad news is the host is a boob."
When there is a serious scientist or author on the show for the first time I like to imagine what they are thinking/doing during the interview. You can tell that they are shocked at the inane questions and same questions repeatedly asked.  And then blown away with the nutty callers.  I imagine some of them are texting their agent "WTF did you get me into?!" and leaving the interview shaking their head or depressed for the state of humanity. Especially the older scientists types who might not be up on the new agey and wacky stuff out there.  I recall some astrophysicist once who seemed bewildered when he was getting calls about astrology and questions about "Planet X" and annunaki and rants against demons.

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 01, 2020, 12:30:26 AM
Just tuned in to the show and I know nothing about the guest but he's talking about neuroscience and neuro chipping human brains -  he *seems* to know what he's talking about and it's very complex and all I can do is imagine Noory behind the microphone a lot of 'mhmm' going on and when the guest finishes a thought Noory follows up with a low IQ question 'Do you think they will put these chips in babies Bart? oh my gosh'
"If we put implants in babies will it become a mean baby?"

Dateline

Quote from: Dateline on June 30, 2020, 05:50:10 PM
Here's my weekly dedication to Norry!  Breathe!
https://youtu.be/2DDXG-dHugc

Look real close, and pretend this is a skinny Norry. . . it could be..  . .a side gig maybe.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 01, 2020, 01:56:49 PM
When there is a serious scientist or author on the show for the first time I like to imagine what they are thinking/doing during the interview. You can tell that they are shocked at the inane questions and same questions repeatedly asked.  And then blown away with the nutty callers.  I imagine some of them are texting their agent "WTF did you get me into?!" and leaving the interview shaking their head or depressed for the state of humanity. Especially the older scientists types who might not be up on the new agey and wacky stuff out there.  I recall some astrophysicist once who seemed bewildered when he was getting calls about astrology and questions about "Planet X" and annunaki and rants against demons.

Yes, I remember that guest.  As I recall, he was a bit put off by the callers, kinda lost his temper.  Something similar happened several years ago when the guest was a respected aerospace/aviation writer, might have been Bill Sweetman.  He was getting questions about things like reverse engineered alien craft and chemtrails, but he just laughed them off.

Quote from: albrecht on July 01, 2020, 01:57:59 PM
"If we put implants in babies will it become a mean baby?"

lol yeah. 70 year old man with a nationally syndicated radio show who asks questions you'd expect from a 10 year old.

he also after John Curtis, one of his awful special analysts, finished his spot about the explosion of covid cases in southern states felt it was time to bring up his favorite red herring 'I just wonder why they don't report on the number of cases of the regular flu?'  i get the motivation of conservatives and libertarians to diminish the seriousness of the corona virus but Noory isn't an ideologue - so it's really just him being a god damn idiot thinking he's making some kind of point.

he literally is the stupidest person i've ever heard host a radio show and i am a lifelong radio junky  and have heard hundreds.

his audience is old and poor because with him still being on 500 stations if the show could sell books and movies we'd be hearing a steady flow of well known guests anxious to get on radio for an hour to promote their book/movie. the only people who can monetize Noory's audience are companies selling nutritional snake oil remedies and scams.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 01, 2020, 02:31:26 PM
Yes, I remember that guest.  As I recall, he was a bit put off by the callers, kinda lost his temper.  Something similar happened several years ago when the guest was a respected aerospace/aviation writer, might have been Bill Sweetman.  He was getting questions about things like reverse engineered alien craft and chemtrails, but he just laughed them off.
Yes most laugh them off or just say something like "I haven't heard of that" or "not my area of expertise." Sometimes though the guest gets put off, I even recall once a guest said something like "this is a waste of my time" or something similar under his breathe when callers were far afield from his subject of knowledge and asking strange questions.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 01, 2020, 02:54:50 PM
Yes most laugh them off or just say something like "I haven't heard of that" or "not my area of expertise." Sometimes though the guest gets put off, I even recall once a guest said something like "this is a waste of my time" or something similar under his breathe when callers were far afield from his subject of knowledge and asking strange questions.

Last year Knapp had Tyler Rogoway on talking about Area 51.  Knapp didn't ask anything about Lazar or reverse engineered craft, played it straight.  Things went pretty well until a caller started into a spiel about David Adair's Area 51 fusion rocket.  Knapp cut the guy off fairly quickly and immediately changed the subject.  I don't think Rogoway had a clue what happened.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 01, 2020, 03:29:17 PM
Last year Knapp had Tyler Rogoway on talking about Area 51.  Knapp didn't ask anything about Lazar or reverse engineered craft, played it straight.  Things went pretty well until a caller started into a spiel about David Adair's Area 51 fusion rocket.  Knapp cut the guy off fairly quickly and immediately changed the subject.  I don't think Rogoway had a clue what happened.
I recall that. Knapp can play it straight when he wants to do so because he knows the guest is more serious and not a Skinwalker Ranch etc type. And I think he, and Ian, gets a bit annoyed with some of the frequent callers with their same spiels (whether woowoo or political) over-and-over unlike Norry who encourages it.

ok i had to shut the stream off - he's spreading his Wuhan Flu idiocy again along with his guest Robert Zimmerman, noted epidemiology expert lol

he really needs to get this virus, he's in LA where it's spreading fast again so he may very well get it.

Dateline

He's  hemorrhaging.  Bars and restaurants have closed, no food, no social life, just dash and dine deliveries.  It seems like everywhere he goes thinks just starts closing.  He went to the Lou, it closed.  He goes back to LA, Cali, it closes.   

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on July 01, 2020, 10:39:51 AM
I don't listen and when I do, it is mostly in the background.  What do you mean by micro-bumper music, that he rushes at the end of the segment to only have a clip of music going to a commercial break?  That would seem to be a timing concern.  I have heard that over time.  Or, does he just randomly play clips during the show and during the interview.  It would be strange to do that.  Never have I heard that.  Can you imagine having an interview and a few seconds of a ZZTop song breaking through mid segment, so random.
You've never heard he is strange?  He is very strange.  One time in the middle of a sentence he said, "Hawaii Five-O" for no reason and then just rattled on.  I suppose the clips could be from the broadcast station locally or internetally but I doubt it.  He has never been the king of segueways, that's for sure.  I'm not that fond of geminis.

Glad I tuned back in after Zimmerman was gone, I would have missed a very solid bit of Coast/Noory awkwardness.

His second guest is a dream expert, not your typical woo lady, but a professor who studies and teaches about dreams. Noory's too stupid to pick up on the fact the guest isn't going to be full of bullshit.

So Noory rams ahead doing an interview he'd do with one of his woo nutjobs. He brings up pre-cognition, dreaming things berfore they come to pass. The guest is having none of it, she tells Noory that she is not a believer in precognition and there's no scientific work supporting it, she goes on to tell him that people underrate COINCIDENCES. Now Noory the king of 'THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES' doesn't say a word, what she said didn't penetrate his thick skull apparently. So no more than a few minutes later he goes back to the same well 'WHAT IS IT WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO INTERVIEW FOR A NEW JOB AND YOU THINK ABOUT THE PERSON WHO IS GOING TO INTERVIEW YOU AND THEN YOU DREAM ABOUT IT AND YOU GET THE JOB!'
You could tell the guest was on the other end of the line thinking 'WTF I just told you'.  So, again she has to be the party pooper because she's got some integrity unlike Noory and she tells him 'Sorry, I'm not a believer in that, there isn't any evidence that supports it ...... I do know that lots of people don't agree.'  This time Noory's reptile brain does process what she's said and he tells her with confidence 'I DO BELIEVE IN IT, IT'S FATE.'  Followed by A LOT of awkward silence, classic Noory moment,  finally Noory breaks the silence nervously chortling 'Did we lose you?'  She reemerges but you know she just wants it to be over, she's talking to a moron and the audience are other morons.

love this show, it's awful, amateurish, dumb but that's why I love it so.

LOLOLOL this poor lady, she's trapped in this hell. this is an SCTV sketch now, he opened up the phone lines and his idiot audience is giving her all these typical cockamamie Coast new age paranormal pseudo science trash questions and she AGAIN and AGAIN has to politely but frustratingly reiterate that she doesn't believe in paranormal interpretations of dreams but understands that the Coast audience feels otherwise. Noory can't just accept this and move through the interview because the callers are getting shot down so he's going to try to make them feel better. So he turns to the guest and says 'I KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCES LIKE ME BUT JUST IMAGINE THAT YOU DID'  WTF WTF WTF  The guest once again has to be polite but honest and says 'I can't do that, because I don't believe what you do so how would I know how I would think' and then AGAIN has to be nice and almost apologetic that she can't play along with his game just to fit in with a bunch of lonely dumb shut-ins. 

The interview finally ends, she's gone and then Noory gets brave and very forcefully tells the audience how much he disagrees with the guest - THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES FOLKS BLAH BLAH WOO BLAH BLAH IDIOCY BLAH BLAH

I guarantee you this guest is never coming back and if she was invited back she'd turn it down.

Jojo

There are coincidences.  Anyone who says otherwise either lacks experience or is paranoid.  I agree there are many situations in which something that appears to be a coincidence might not be.  It could be deliberate, contrived, predestined, etc...  But the other half of the time, it's a coincidence.

"It seems a little inhuman". Yes indeed, murder would qualify as inhumane. The story of the two-headed baby really stimulated George's macabre tendencies.

Shedlock should not be speaking about something he knows nothing about; which would be covid in Mexico.
The spokesman for Amlo's covid task force is Hugo Lopez Gatell, an epidemiologist, expert in infectious diseases, and an alum of Johns Hopkins. The reason they want to move away from testing and towards reopening, has nothing to do with lack of money. Lopez Gatell feels they have reached the peak of covid. I think he knows a bit more about covid in Mexico than Mish Shedlock. BTW, Uruguay never locked down at all, and there have been only 28 deaths there, and 825 recovered covid cases.