• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jojo on May 30, 2020, 10:52:09 PM
About a week ago, Ian spend like 20 minutes berating someone who was prejudiced against Jews, in bad ways.  It was great he got rid of the guy, but it seemed stupid that he went on all emotional about it for 20 minutes.  If you want to talk to a Jew-hater, Ian, get the guy's number or email and contact him on your own time, from a disposible phone if you don't want him to have your contact info.  But take care of the problem somehow on your own time becaus I have better things to do than listen to you decry an idiot for 20 minutes.  We are the choir, you are the director.  Do not bore the choir lecturing a disrupter.

He went off on the guy for maybe two minutes, then dropped it until a couple later callers brought it up.  I thought he should have simply told the later callers something like, "We are not talking about it anymore, I'm not willing to give that idiot any more exposure."  It did get annoying hearing him repeat his rant a third time.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on April 25, 2020, 04:23:31 PM
On behalf of all at "Loser Land"  we look forward to seeing you.  Thank you and stay safe.
Oh!  Now I get it.  I didn't know what you meant last month because I was distraught about a personal matter.  Re-reading today, now I see what you mean.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 01, 2020, 11:26:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJl_4IsQJ2g

Obviously.
What made you think she was a ginger?  Well, I'm not one for violence and this was very violent.  But, other than a card from the vet, and one bumper song, this was the only tangible condolence so even though it was violent, ugly and very ill-timed, thanks.  I finally found the wherewithal to view it.  I liked the music, but not the art.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on May 31, 2020, 12:47:52 AM
What made you think she was a ginger?  Well, I'm not one for violence and this was very violent.  But, other than a card from the vet, and one bumper song, this was the only tangible condolence so even though it was violent, ugly and very ill-timed, thanks.  I finally found the wherewithal to view it.  I liked the music, but not the art.

I think you’re missing the point. The cat kept coming back. It couldn’t be killed. I thought you’d appreciate that given your loss. It’s also funny and a classic too, like me. :D

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2020, 12:57:50 AM
I think you’re missing the point. The cat kept coming back. It couldn’t be killed. I thought you’d appreciate that given your loss. It’s also funny and a classic too, like me. :D
Well ok then.  She'll come back on Judgment Day.  You on the other hand...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on May 31, 2020, 02:12:44 AM
Well ok then.  She'll come back on Judgment Day.  You on the other hand...

That’s for God to decide, not you. :P

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on May 30, 2020, 09:01:02 PM
And, of course, Snoorge is wrong, once again.

“In daytime, MeTV is a top 10 network compared to all cable networks,” says Sabin. “If you remove the news networks, the sports networks, and the kids networks, MeTV is in the top five and sometimes higher.”

Me's lineup includes a number of old shows which started in the 50's, such as Perry Mason, Leave it to Beaver,
Gunsmoke... even his favorite The Twilight Zone first aired in 1959. 

https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2019/03/retro-tv-whats-old-is-viewed-again/

GNS

We should be kind, like Ms. Norry said to be, pass a collection or take a donation here and gift him a subscription for his birthday.  It is June 4, 2020, and he will be 70. 

If it's free, good karma will be added to my collection for the kind thoughts.  Someone should e-mail him and give him this new knowledge. 

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2020, 06:45:25 AM
That’s for God to decide, not you. :P
Are you saying God would not save a kitty?

Jojo

What did Richard Syrett mean when he said he's on until June 12?  What does that mean?  He's the best.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on June 01, 2020, 03:01:48 AM
he's on until June 12?  What does that mean?  He's the best.

Apparently not so best if he couldn't explain the concept well enough for a listener to follow. (Actually this is just some snark that I posted to give me an excuse to reply to you--this infuriates the girlfriend. You're welcome.)

expat

Jojo: The 26th May show is now up on Z Fire Light. At 10:51 in Hour 1 (commercials stripped) McCanney said "I won an X Prize, that was in 2018, for a wind generator". At about the 36:00 mark he went into more detail.

I'm blogging.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: expat on June 01, 2020, 10:24:18 AM
Jojo: The 26th May show is now up on Z Fire Light. At 10:51 in Hour 1 (commercials stripped) McCanney said "I won an X Prize, that was in 2018, for a wind generator". At about the 36:00 mark he went into more detail.

I'm blogging.

For the uninitiated, what is "Z Fire Light?"

expat

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 01, 2020, 12:24:00 PM
For the uninitiated, what is "Z Fire Light?"

It's this. Free C2C audio with commercials ripped out. Only problem is that it sometimes drifts out of date. But everything from 2018 on is currently available.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackrabbit on June 01, 2020, 03:55:58 AM
Apparently not so best if he couldn't explain the concept well enough for a listener to follow. (Actually this is just some snark that I posted to give me an excuse to reply to you--this infuriates the girlfriend. You're welcome.)
Richard's the best.  By far.  He even stopped calling his S.O. that bulky nickname.  That was his only flaw.  And he improved.  It doesn't get any better than that.  Although he sounded like he needed some cough syrup - His voice sounds better when it's natural and not so low like he has a cold or something.  But he's still the best.  I mean, except for Night Squawk.

Jojo

C'mon Baby, Light My Fire is a shaming song.  The guy should speak for himself, instead of saying, "You know I would be a liar if I said we couldn't get much higher".  Speak for himself.  She's obviously fine, for it's not her complaining.

There are few things less off-putting than a man complaining, speaking his feelings as her own, kind of shaming her and then, believe it or not, obligating her to a responsibility which really is not hers!

Whatever George is going through when he inflicts this song on us, I am sure playing the song just makes it worse for him.  Some feelings are okay to feel (like unfair blame) but not okay to express.

If a woman isn't being affectionate or becoming, I don't know a man in the world who is going to get her to budge an inch by whining, blaming and being demanding.  It's ALL ABOUT HIM.

Geez, and of all the Fleetwood Mac songs, Rhiannon is the one I never really knew and for years, didn't really.  Is it even on the Rumours album?  And who is Rhiannon anyway?  Bette Davis' eyes, Rhiannons.... Is anyone original???

And is anyone else tired of his backhanded nature?  True to the nasty Scorpio in his chart he starts us out so many times with uplifting songs only to slap us in the face with some crappy negative song at the end.  Kind of makes you wish you hadn't fallen for it, again.  Why listen at all to a man who sets you up to fall.

Jojo

Quote from: expat on June 01, 2020, 10:24:18 AM

I'm blogging.
I appreciate the Z link, although their clock/timer is bizarre. 

I see it as a gray area.  Second Prize and $150K is indeed an X-Prize.  However, the host should have said "You won an X-Prize", not "THE X-Prize".    But the guest was alright not to "correct" George since it would have been splitting hairs and would have made the host look bad.

Jojo

Another fine show.

George, be sure to collect your birthday fan mail from the office after your birthday!

Thank you for introducing me to the song, "Rhiannon" years ago.  At that time, I had no idea it was even Fleetwood Mac.  When I was 13, some guy drove by the house and dumped a sack of 8-track tapes right in the middle of our road.  I ran out and got them, and was thrilled when Rumours played!  It played all the wonderful songs I had been hearing from a house behind us.  My parents didn't allow their children to have records or popular music at all, so I treasured that Rumours 8-track for years...  when the parents were at work.  I loved it even more than Helen Reddy, which is a lot!  Rhiannon wasn't on it during that impressionable time, but it is a pretty song.

Jojo

Happy Birthday, George!

Tiffany Blue looks good on you!

wasn't listening closely to the guest who is some plant science expert but I have developed my own ESP abilities, Extra Snorch Perception, i know when something moronic is going to come out of Noory's mouth before it does.

tonight's highlight as the guest is talking about plants

George: So are FUNGI similar to FUNGUSES?

Guest: *stunned* *pause* uh .... fungi is the plural of fungus.

George: ok

how dumb does a 70 year old man with a college degree and 9 years as an officer in the NAVY have to be to not know fungi is the plural of fungus?

Tonight's guest is ornithologist Dr. Graham Hainesworth

George: Tell me doctor are these geese related to a goose like Mother Goose? the names are similar.

Dr. Hainesworth: A gaggle of geese are a group of waterfowl classified as a goose. The plural of goose is geese.

George: Ok. And why are these geese gagging? Are they choking on plastic? Jeeze.

Dr. Hainesworth: May we go to questions from the callers?

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on June 03, 2020, 03:42:34 AM
Happy Birthday, George!

I am stealing apropriating this now. I think June 3--THE DAY OF FLUENT EXPRESSION--looks good on me; I shall adorn it upon my diadem. Behold! It is so done!
Thank you for your tribute of fealty. Now, you may wash and eat. Shoo. Don't forget to leave your shoes at the archway; surely you haven't forgotten what happened the last time.

Remember: you asked for this.

Jackstar

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 03, 2020, 04:01:04 AM

Genius. Sheer genius. I was once the most loathing of all the haters, and some time ago, I was suddenly struck by the truth, and now the truth of that strike has now been demonstrated: Genius.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 03, 2020, 04:20:31 AM
George: Tell me doctor are these geese related to a goose like Mother Goose? the names are similar.

OK, I'll be honest: I can't believe this is a verbatim quote. I just can't. CAN NOT. Change my mind. Post a .wav. DO IT.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 03, 2020, 04:20:31 AM
how dumb does a 70 year old man with a college degree and 9 years as an officer in the NAVY have to be to not know fungi is the plural of fungus?

I'll do you one better: how dumb does a ghost have to be, to not realize that artificial intelligence algorithms are more than capable of producing this exact kind of performance, night after night after night? Come on, man ghost: think about it. What's the college degree in? Communications? Electronics? Both? And, nine years in Navy? Let me tell you, tell you hard, something about those squids--them tentacles ain't just for show. Fo' sho'. This dude/sailor could have been given access to quantum hardware decades before They ever told us that they had it--although the careful, astute readers and studiers amongst us knew that such technology existed far earlier. Far.

Look, look, read: I'll be quite perfectly and succinctly honest. I just burned mad shitloads of my street cred on this post. Eyes have opened. Heads have turned. Pencils have been sharpened. People know. I don't know how many, but a mountain is moved quite easily: one stone at a time.

Get it? Stone? Hhaaha hah. It's, uh, funny because... oh! yeah! I'm stoned. Duuuuuh. ho ho *cough* ho. Yeah. That's the ticket. Yeah, you betcha. Hey, anybody got a spare kitchen tunic? I'm about to bake some shortbread cookies. Hahah. See! Another joke about weed! Oh, I'm so droll.

Happy birthday, Snoory. I'll bet I'm one of the few who know exactly how you feel. It's good, isn't it? Yeah, it sure is, lol. Also, clearly, quite clearly, we're even for that birthday of yours that I gave to myself when I quit your show, right? Right? Surely you remember that, that was epic. Right! Silence indicates consent. Good man. Here, have a biscuit. That's a good man.

He perhaps may well even be, not merely just a good man, but a gentle man. Ah, but I've said too much already. I can sense already, the explusion & execution order bein--oh! A reprieve! Why, thank you! THANKS TO THE ALL, TRULY.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on June 03, 2020, 03:08:59 AM
When I was 13, some guy drove by the house and dumped a sack of 8-track tapes right in the middle of our road.

When I was 38, some guy drove by the house and dumped like 13 watermelons in the middle of the street, right in front of my place. I am sure you know, exactly why.

I am so sick, and tired, and sick & tired, of hearing about how your life was so much better than mine. I bet you got invites to a bunch of football and baseball games too, right? You know how many I've ever gotten? One. Of each. And one of them wasn't even a professional game, it was just some gay faggoty highschool Homecoming thing. What does that even mean? Coming at home? Christ, I could have lettered in that. Take yourself, and your fabulously, scintillatingly wonderful life, and just go. Go, and leave me to cry into my pillow. I just can't take this kind of abuse anymore, I just can't.

please for the love of god put Noory out to pasture, his 70th birthday is the perfect time. Pick one of Knapp, Syrett or Punnett to become the new Coast host.

there's a guy on some paranormal internet radio show named Mac Maloney I like, has a Massachusetts accent and sounds like Howard Stern, he's been a guest on Coast - he's probably too much a skeptic for Coast tho, he HATES Whitley Streiber, nailed him as a conman and asshole.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 03, 2020, 04:01:04 AM
wasn't listening closely to the guest who is some plant science expert but I have developed my own ESP abilities, Extra Snorch Perception, i know when something moronic is going to come out of Noory's mouth before it does.

tonight's highlight as the guest is talking about plants

Ha!

"I am the fault of all knowledge!"

ItsOver

Quote from: Toadjo on June 03, 2020, 03:08:59 AM

...Thank you for introducing me to the song, "Rhiannon" years ago.  At that time, I had no idea it was even Fleetwood Mac.  When I was 13, some guy drove by the house and dumped a sack of 8-track tapes right in the middle of our road.  I ran out and got them, and was thrilled when Rumours played!  It played all the wonderful songs I had been hearing from a house behind us.  My parents didn't allow their children to have records or popular music at all, so I treasured that Rumours 8-track for years...  when the parents were at work.  I loved it even more than Helen Reddy, which is a lot!  Rhiannon wasn't on it during that impressionable time, but it is a pretty song.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 03, 2020, 07:28:51 AM
please for the love of god put Noory out to pasture, his 70th birthday is the perfect time. Pick one of Knapp, Syrett or Punnett to become the new Coast host.

there's a guy on some paranormal internet radio show named Mac Maloney I like, has a Massachusetts accent and sounds like Howard Stern, he's been a guest on Coast - he's probably too much a skeptic for Coast tho, he HATES Whitley Streiber, nailed him as a conman and asshole.

Mack Maloney's shows are more satirical comedy about the paranormal than anything else, and he's a one trick pony who deals almost exclusively with UFOs/black programs.  I don't ever recall him doing a show on ghosts, demons, angels, cryptids, etc. 

I don't think Mack takes callers on his shows, although he does take question via Twitter and chat.  After hearing how he slices and disses his screwier guests, I'd pay to hear him deal with the likes of Annie, Cleopatra, Barry, and Bill the AAA.

ACE of CLUBS

Hilarious when the caller called Noory a liar . . . repeatedly.  Noory awoke from his mushroom slumber to cut the caller off.