• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on May 29, 2020, 08:55:53 PM
One of Snoorge's most irritating habits, is how he must connect every topic to a film. He does this because, instead of having a basket full of life experiences to relate to topics, all he has are movie memories.

Very Homer Simpson! Of course, it’s very all of us now, in a way.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 29, 2020, 08:58:19 PM
Very Homer Simpson! Of course, it’s very all of us now, in a way.

Not me. I have not set foot in a cinema in 40 years. I want a functioning brain, free of mind-control, and able to think critically.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on May 29, 2020, 09:25:19 PM
Not me. I have not set foot in a cinema in 40 years. I want a functioning brain, free of mind-control, and able to think critically.

Congrats on not polluting your purity of essence with the Koolaid!

ItsOver

Ma Noory sounds like a nice person.  Probably too nice, when it came to little Jorch.  She no doubt spoiled him rotten and it shows, to this day.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on May 28, 2020, 09:09:18 PM
When the second guest last night started to wander off the rez into the topic of homosexuality, I was listening with glee, waiting for panic to enter George's voice, and for his desperate attempts to steer the conversation towards safe topics. I was not disappointed,  because soon the guest said the words: anal sex, and panic ensued. These are the moments of high entertainment, that make it worth listening to the boring stuff on C2C, which is most of the stuff.
I thought that guest's crass reference was totally unnecessary.

Jojo

Quote from: Juan on May 28, 2020, 10:04:10 AM
I’m back listening after several years hiatus. My impression is that sNoory is moderately better at listening to his guests, but that the callers are much, much worse.
Seems to be the case.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on May 30, 2020, 12:48:46 AM
I thought that guest's crass reference was totally unnecessary.

Fags are gonna fag, fag, fag. Shake it off! Shake it off!

Jojo

Quote from: expat on May 28, 2020, 07:34:39 AM
No, Skysource/Skywater won.

https://water.xprize.org/prizes/water-abundance/articles/waxp-grand-prize-winner
I see that now.  Hmmm.  My laptop isn't wrkg.  These screens are small.  I wonder what time on the show he made the claim?

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2020, 01:07:14 AM
Fags are gonna fag, fag, fag. Shake it off! Shake it off!

Shake dat booty, baby!

[attachment=1]

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on May 29, 2020, 08:55:53 PM
One of Snoorge's most irritating habits, is how he must connect every topic to a film. He does this because, instead of having a basket full of life experiences to relate to topics, all he has are movie memories. Last night the first guest was perplexed and baffled when George thrust her into a trivia contest about a movie she (and I) had never heard of. The reference seemed to come out of nowhere. The guest maintained her savoir faire, but must have been thinking what an idiot he was.

George's mom comes across as a sweet, salt-of-the-earth person. At times she must ponder how it was she spawned such a materialistic son, who's only interests seem to be career, making money, his health, and watching movies.

"I would take food out of my mouth to feed the hungry". George's constant virtue-signaling does get tiresome.

I was going to post here right after I heard him say it but this sickening self glossing shit happens so frequently I passed on that one.

He's no movie buff, I heard him with that guest - he tried to pass himself off as some pop culture with it dad type, i forget what movie he was referring to, think it was an 80s or 90s flick, probably the last movie he's seen.

he has zero interests outside his own career and nutritional snake oil because he's so terrified of disease and death - which makes his attitude towards Covid-19 strange, but then again he's a legitimate moron and really does believe he has some super Arab genes based on his parents' longevity and nutritional snake oil he scams for free from Critical Health that make him invincible.

truly a moron.

expat

Quote from: Jojo on May 30, 2020, 01:55:03 AM
I see that now.  Hmmm.  My laptop isn't wrkg.  These screens are small.  I wonder what time on the show he made the claim?

I will find that out when the audio is available on Z Fire Light, maybe today. I'll blog it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on May 28, 2020, 09:09:18 PM
When the second guest last night started to wander off the rez into the topic of homosexuality, I was listening with glee, waiting for panic to enter George's voice, and for his desperate attempts to steer the conversation towards safe topics. I was not disappointed,  because soon the guest said the words: anal sex, and panic ensued. These are the moments of high entertainment, that make it worth listening to the boring stuff on C2C, which is most of the stuff.

Listened to that show this morning, it was a hoot.  What was it George said, "We've got standards."?  I sometimes wonder if his squeamishness about such topics is he thinks his Mom might be listening? I also thought it was funny one caller thought the guest was the old TV consumer reporter David Horowitz.

Juan

That confused caller was none other than Annie from Alabama.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 30, 2020, 10:20:36 AM
Listened to that show this morning, it was a hoot.  What was it George said, "We've got standards."?  I sometimes wonder if his squeamishness about such topics is he thinks his Mom might be listening? I also thought it was funny one caller thought the guest was the old TV consumer reporter David Horowitz.
Oh, yeah.  I'm sure Ma Noory is always in mind.  Jorch is a big momma's boy.  :D

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 30, 2020, 10:20:36 AM
I listened this morning also watering the garden and doing some yard work. It was hilarious. The guy had a point about the HIV/AIDs crisis though it was a perfect storm of propriety in media, religious views, politics, and political-correctness the the whole BLTQI agendas.  So the more 'right wing' or religious didn't want to talk about homos and the danger and the homos didn't want to close bathhouses or change risky behavior lifestyle.

I liked when curmudgeon Horowitz got to speak with curmudgeon Walt, who while they shared some similar views (on guns, shaped of the country, leftists, Democrats, etc) they differed on religion and also on which David Horowitz was on the air! 

the difference in the callers when Punnett and Knapp host is stark when compared to when George hosts, the callers sound like normal people. Ian doesn't hand hold George's misfits when they get through - you can tell he has antipathy for them. Annie from Alabama's wackjob conspiracies get challenged and ridiculed by Punnett and last weekend or the weekend before he mocked Mike the Millennial, he told Mike he doesn't really 'get it', why does he feel he has to announce he's a millennial every time he calls in. Kid is odd, OCD maybe or just weird and socially awkward. He obviously reads up on each guest so he can ask good questions, him and Thomas from La Jolla, would love to see them go to a ballgame together and just observe them out in the wild.

What a band of lonely misfits, the Cleopatra lady amazes me, it's the only thing she calls in about, her life is built around a delusion she is Cleopatra reincarnated. But could be possible, Cleopatra was a bitch so it makes sense she would be punished by being reincarnated as an old black women in the American South living on social security.
Cornelius has no Internet/computer - what the fuck is that about, even people on welfare have Internet. One after another they call in, same people night after night.

Morgus

Cornelius called in last night and wanted Noory to have his mom on for longer for her to reveal what he was like when he was younger.
But Noory revealed that was a pre-recorded talk with mom on the air since its too late live for her in Detroit, past 1am...

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on May 30, 2020, 04:23:04 PM
Cornelius called in last night and wanted Noory to have his mom on for longer for her to reveal what he was like when he was younger.
But Noory revealed that was a pre-recorded talk with mom on the air since its too late live for her in Detroit, past 1am...
Since Ma Noory was recorded and not live, I'm surprised Jorch just didn't save it to play at the end of the show so Jorch and Tommee could skip out even earlier.

Juan

If the show is on too late for the former baseball coach, why is sNoory worried she is listening - thus the no cussing.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on May 30, 2020, 06:22:15 PM
If the show is on too late for the former baseball coach, why is sNoory worried she is listening - thus the no cussing.

Now you know he’s just a fascist.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on May 30, 2020, 06:22:15 PM
Ma Noory has her snitches. ;)

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 30, 2020, 06:30:44 AM
I was going to post here right after I heard him say it but this sickening self glossing shit happens so frequently I passed on that one.

He's no movie buff, I heard him with that guest - he tried to pass himself off as some pop culture with it dad type, i forget what movie he was referring to, think it was an 80s or 90s flick, probably the last movie he's seen.

he has zero interests outside his own career and nutritional snake oil because he's so terrified of disease and death - which makes his attitude towards Covid-19 strange, but then again he's a legitimate moron and really does believe he has some super Arab genes based on his parents' longevity and nutritional snake oil he scams for free from Critical Health that make him invincible.

truly a moron.
There are those times...  Well, be kind, each year he's older and this one is a milestone.

Jojo

Quote from: expat on May 30, 2020, 07:17:06 AM
I will find that out when the audio is available on Z Fire Light, maybe today. I'll blog it.
Oh, that would be great!  I don't know A Fire Light but I took a look.  My larger screen is working again...

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 30, 2020, 02:47:56 PM
the difference in the callers when Punnett and Knapp host is stark when compared to when George hosts, the callers sound like normal people. Ian doesn't hand hold George's misfits when they get through - you can tell he has antipathy for them. Annie from Alabama's wackjob conspiracies get challenged and ridiculed by Punnett and last weekend or the weekend before he mocked Mike the Millennial, he told Mike he doesn't really 'get it', why does he feel he has to announce he's a millennial every time he calls in. Kid is odd, OCD maybe or just weird and socially awkward. He obviously reads up on each guest so he can ask good questions, him and Thomas from La Jolla, would love to see them go to a ballgame together and just observe them out in the wild.

What a band of lonely misfits, the Cleopatra lady amazes me, it's the only thing she calls in about, her life is built around a delusion she is Cleopatra reincarnated. But could be possible, Cleopatra was a bitch so it makes sense she would be punished by being reincarnated as an old black women in the American South living on social security.
Cornelius has no Internet/computer - what the fuck is that about, even people on welfare have Internet. One after another they call in, same people night after night.
I once met a man who was legally banned from owning any equipment that could connect to the worldwide Internet.  He had committed some crime involving his computer.  I didn't ask.

It was clear from the sound of the recording that Mrs. Noory was pre-recorded. George could not take a chance that she might say something embarrassing.

Snoorge got to talk about one if his favorite subjects last
night... how tv shows and stars from the 1950's would not be popular now.I would love to peer inside his strange mind and know why this topic is so important to him. He also got to virtue-signal for the second night in a row. He said he GAVE AWAY a cherished signed photo of Oswald being shot, to a friend who had been begging for it. Then he hinted that his Bradbury letter was up for sale, for the right price (claimed he was kidding).

I must be psychic, because I KNEW George's favorite Twilight Zone episode. BTW, I don't have internet either. I have to walk to get wifi.

it's not senility, he's a simpleton and I bet he had few if any childhood friends, never heard him mention any.

his intellectual capacity is so limited that in a conversation he has to blurt out random associations and banal observations he repeats over and over - asking Canadian Richard Syrett 'so how do you like the Queen?' is an example of the former and the 'I don't think those cowboy and war movies with actors like John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart would work today, do yeeeew?' the latter.

should make a list of them.  'I just don't get the Big Bang, what was there before the Big Bang?' 'Have you noticed how strange people are acting, it's weird, but people are acting very strange?' 'It's already { FILL_IN_NAME_OF_MONTH } in a few days, can you believe how fast this year is going?' 'As soon as I heard about that lab in Wuhan I knew that's where it started, I'm not saying it was deliberate but the virus was definitely made in that lab' 'There are no coincidences'

A newish one he's added to his repertoire is the 'I did Stanton Freeman's first interview and his last, just before he died.' Then there's the 'I was in the Navy for 9 years as a public affairs officer. Our unit was called up, they worked under Schwarzkopf, but I retired just before that.'

ItsOver

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on May 30, 2020, 08:20:27 PM
...Snoorge got to talk about one if his favorite subjects last
night... how tv shows and stars from the 1950's would not be popular now.I would love to peer inside his strange mind and know why this topic is so important to him...
And, of course, Snoorge is wrong, once again.

“In daytime, MeTV is a top 10 network compared to all cable networks,” says Sabin. “If you remove the news networks, the sports networks, and the kids networks, MeTV is in the top five and sometimes higher.”

Me's lineup includes a number of old shows which started in the 50's, such as Perry Mason, Leave it to Beaver,
Gunsmoke... even his favorite The Twilight Zone first aired in 1959. 

https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2019/03/retro-tv-whats-old-is-viewed-again/

GNS

Uncle Duke

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 30, 2020, 02:47:56 PM

Ian did the same thing 3-4 months ago to Joe from Monterey, ate the guy and all his woo lunacy for lunch.  By the end of the call, poor Joe didn't know which way was up.  I didn't hear Joe call back in for almost a month. 

Ian made fun of Annie, but was reasonably civil to Michael.  Not sure Michael got it.

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 30, 2020, 10:41:44 PM
Ian did the same thing 3-4 months ago to Joe from Monterey, ate the guy and all his woo lunacy for lunch.  By the end of the call, poor Joe didn't know which way was up.  I didn't hear Joe call back in for almost a month. 

Ian made fun of Annie, but was reasonably civil to Michael.  Not sure Michael got it.
About a week ago, Ian spend like 20 minutes berating someone who was prejudiced against Jews, in bad ways.  It was great he got rid of the guy, but it seemed stupid that he went on all emotional about it for 20 minutes.  If you want to talk to a Jew-hater, Ian, get the guy's number or email and contact him on your own time, from a disposible phone if you don't want him to have your contact info.  But take care of the problem somehow on your own time becaus I have better things to do than listen to you decry an idiot for 20 minutes.  We are the choir, you are the director.  Do not bore the choir lecturing a disrupter.