• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 22, 2020, 12:06:52 AM
Ok he just told a whopper even for him. Is there any chance the story is true?

The guest is a psychologist who has studied 'heroism'. Noory takes the opportunity to tell a little story featuring himself, of course, as a hero. He was at a restaurant in St. Louis, a guy stole the purse of a female patron of the restaurant and took off out the door, Noory doing what any manly man would do, he chases the thief down the street, he's in such excellent physical condition Noory soon runs him down and then tackles him to the ground and holds him down - other people come to help and then the police. They take the thief away. As Noory explained it because everybody knows him in St. Louis he gets a call later that night from the police, they told him the perpetrator was found to have had a 16" knife in his pocket! Jeeze!

somebody please have a way of fact checking this. I am 99% sure it's completely bullshit.
The reason I think it's true is because at one point well into the story, George said, "And I sat on him".  Sat on him!  Isn't that something fat girls do?  I never heard of a man sitting to hold down a criminal.  Hmmm.  Well, since he admitted something embarrassing, that he sat on the guy instead of getting him into a proper hold.... maybe it is true.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on May 21, 2020, 09:44:00 PM
The new Tom Hanks movie, Joorch informed us last night, is to be made available to stream because - and I quote verbatim - the pandemic means it won’t be getting its expected ‘theoretical release’.
Hilarious!  Thanks for making my evening!  Why does "theoretical release" almost sound profane!

Jojo

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 21, 2020, 03:24:29 PM
Don't know why everyone hates George and Heather so much . . . . . guessing that it's because they have a life, career, and income.  Lilith also has a somewhat strange obsession with Heather . . . . perhaps the 'hots' for Heather?
It's true, George's behavior has improved.  He has become less arrogant.  He is less smug.  He is more patient.  He doesn't play Gotcha with poor callers who fell asleep or had to leave the line.  He doesn't laud actress or model sex symbols as much as he did prior to 2018.  He finally quit having conniption fits when guests or callers used forbidden words.  OMgosh for years his fits were confounding.  The show would be going great, I would be interested and listening and then, with no apparent reason (bec they had to edit it out), no apparent reason all the sudden the topic would be aborted for a conniption fit on George!  It was insane.  It made no sense.  Things going great, then all the sudden an almost angry indignant, "Tut, tut! Tut! Nyt, nyt.  Nope, can't say that. Can't say that" - - it was the weirdest thing as if George was having his own conversation outside the context of the show and it was years before I understood what these fits of his were about.

After a couple years, I learned that those verbal fits happened when guests said naughty words on the air.  But to me the conniption fits still made no sense because I never heard any naughty words on the air.  So it was like some sort of spliced monologue in the middle of an otherwise previously very interesting show.

Then last year I figured out that the reason I only heard George's fit and no cuss words was because a producer edited out the cuss words.  Well, the producer must hate the show to leave George's conniption fits in like that, because those fits only serve to confuse and disorient radio innocents like me who aren't tech saavy.

Honey, we hate George so much because it FEELS GOOD.  Steve Harvey can make people laugh, but George Noory can instigate 45-minute laugh marathons.  When I laugh at George, I laugh until I almost can't breathe and my abs are actually activated and hope I don't cramp up from laughing with tears streaming down my face.  Hating George (laughing at his idiocy) simply feels good.  You'll have to try it.  There is no substitute.

That said, he has incorporated a little more professionalism into these incidents and each year for the last 7 years, has sounded smoother and better.  He's improved in other ways, too.  Some things have not improved, like changing topics at pivotal moments instead of deepening them - the clock can be held over.  Like not validating a guest's statements when it is clear from their tone that the guest is interacting, not just answering 20 questions.  Cringe-worthy thing, that.  And his mind wanders from the focus of the show as if he truly is reading email.  That makes shows very superficial.  He should limit that.

But overall, he has consistently made strides of improvement in patience, refraining from sounding like a playboy, and sounding less smug.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on May 23, 2020, 01:34:24 AM
...  What I don't understand is why they don't hire more ushers and only rent venues that have baby cry rooms.

A woman shouldn't leave a breast-feeding baby alone too long, or perhaps can't find trustworthy childcare, and Noory doesn't come to town every year.  Seeing his performance could be a once in a lifetime opportunity.  And if that opportunity comes while her baby is still breast feeding, then there should be cry rooms like some churches and venues have.  And ushers to remind her to go there.  Where she can hear the show through a microphone in the wall, but no one can hear her or the baby.
Hey, Tommee!  Don't forget to put this on your list for Jorch invasion venue requirements.  It's a major concern for Jorch's prime audience of cat ladies and atheist, alcoholic astronomers.

expat

Now that we're staring at 96,000 Coronavirus deaths in the jolly old USA, we 're hearing less of "Oh it's just like flu." We're not hearing any "I guess I was wrong"â€"at least, I haven't heard it. What's the matter with these people? Hoagland is the sameâ€"no matter how many times, and with what definitive rigor, he's told he 's wrong he refuses to admit it.

Childish, IMHO.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on May 24, 2020, 07:06:29 AM
Now that we're staring at 96,000 Coronavirus deaths in the jolly old USA, we 're hearing less of "Oh it's just like flu." We're not hearing any "I guess I was wrong"â€"at least, I haven't heard it. What's the matter with these people? Hoagland is the sameâ€"no matter how many times, and with what definitive rigor, he's told he 's wrong he refuses to admit it.

Childish, IMHO.

Well, it’s obviously different from the flu in ways but even flu deaths from a couple years ago numbered 80000 here. There’s also the fact that the numbers for this also include a bunch of people who died from comorbidities and not just this. Most of the people who died from it are elderly and infirmed, many of them in nursing homes. Reasonable treatments like chloroquine are not only being ignore by the MSM and powers that be but there’s actually a concerted effort to scare people away from using it. Instead, they’d prefer to put someone on a ventilator where the odds that they’ll die go up considerably. I think your refusal to acknowledge any of this and see that we’re all being played is childish, IMHO.

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2020, 09:28:50 AM
There’s also the fact that the numbers for this also include a bunch of people who died from comorbidities and not just this.

...and you tink somehow that is not also true of flu?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on May 24, 2020, 09:42:48 AM
...and you tink somehow that is not also true of flu?

That they would classify the death as “from the flu” and not include the other comorbidities? No, unless they were trying to pad the numbers to make the flu look like a global pandemic to try to frighten people so that they can be more easily manipulated for a political agenda, like they are with this.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2020, 09:53:50 AM
That they would classify the death as “from the flu” and not include the other comorbidities? No, unless they were trying to pad the numbers to make the flu look like a global pandemic to try to frighten people so that they can be more easily manipulated for a political agenda, like they are with this.

Tinfoil hat theory . . . . yawn.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 24, 2020, 10:42:15 AM
Tinfoil hat theory . . . . yawn.

Yeah, it’s real tinfoil, all bold and all italic. ::) ::)

expat

FYI: There hasn't been a flu pandemic worth being frightened of since the Hong Kong flu of 1968-69. The swine flu of 2010 was not much of a killer. I think the "political" stuff is in your imagination.

ref: https://www.sinobiological.com/research/virus/1957-influenza-pandemic-asian-flu

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on May 24, 2020, 11:22:30 AM
FYI: There hasn't been a flu pandemic worth being frightened of since the Hong Kong flu of 1968-69. The swine flu of 2010 was not much of a killer. I think the "political" stuff is in your imagination.

ref: https://www.sinobiological.com/research/virus/1957-influenza-pandemic-asian-flu

Yeah, that’s always the establishment go to when your bullshit had been exposed. Paint the exposer as crazy. However, if they had included all comorbidities, as they are now in their stats, there would’ve been a lot more “pandemics” declared. Pathetic. ::) ::)

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2020, 11:29:24 AM
, if they had included all comorbidities, as they are now in their stats, there would’ve been a lot more “pandemics” declared.

Now you're just guessing.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on May 24, 2020, 11:39:50 AM
Now you're just guessing.

I really don’t think so. It’s a statement of fact.

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2020, 11:40:52 AM
I really don’t think so. It’s a statement of fact.

Well, let's see if I understand here... So "they" (by which I suppose you mean WHO) refrained from including co-morbidity that potentially could have frightened the population on many occasions. And yet now, with coronavirus, "they" are doing that very thing.

I'm puzzled.

ItsOver

80,000 Americans Died From Flu Last Year (September, 2018)

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20180927/80000-americans-died-from-flu-last-year

And this was even WITH a vaccine, even though claimed to be weak.

"Still, even the relatively weak flu shot probably saved many lives, CDC experts say, so everyone should avail themselves of the shot again this season."

Is Corona Chan something to be ignored?  Of course not, but so far, it doesn't appear to be The Black Death, either.  And like everything else today, it's been politicized and sensationalized at every opportunity by an irresponsible MSM, more interested in making bucks and pursuing an agenda than in pursuing the truth. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on May 24, 2020, 12:42:55 PM
Well, let's see if I understand here... So "they" (by which I suppose you mean WHO) refrained from including co-morbidity that potentially could have frightened the population on many occasions. And yet now, with coronavirus, "they" are doing that very thing.

I'm puzzled.

No, they included comorbidities to pad the numbers.  ::)

Sure, play dumb. I’m not puzzled. :D

Kidnostad3

Quote from: expat on May 24, 2020, 11:22:30 AM

Sino Biological is headquartered in Beijing.  Note study footnotes.  Just sayin’

Quote from: Jojo on May 23, 2020, 01:34:24 AM

Last time I checked what a venue charges, it was more like $4,000.  Don't forget the band!  Don't forget travel expenses!  Don't forget travel-hauling the chairs, table, instruments...  What I don't understand is why they don't hire more ushers and only rent venues that have baby cry rooms.

They are cheap bastards, grifters. My guess is the few 'expert' guests they book for these shows get $500 for the appearance, air fare is cheap domestically, $300 and a hotel room  - $1000 all in per guest.

And Noory and Tommy have mentioned that the bands they hire are local to the venue city and I guarantee you they pay them nothing promising them how valuable the exposure is that a big star like George Noory will bring them.

Jojo

Quote from: expat on May 24, 2020, 07:06:29 AM

Childish, IMHO.
I saw your point as well weeks ago, but I gave it more thought.  I now understand that, per an original state source I saw, people over 65 were never counted in California flu stats.  And I think the stats of the flu have historically been notoriously incomplete.  But you do have a point worth thinking about.

What concerns me more is that I've heard through news sources that young people are dying of Corona.  I Googled it to see the original sources but came up empty-handed.

Jojo

Good point.  Does anyone have an original source which says how deaths prior to now were classified, if comorbidities were the real reason?

Jojo

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 24, 2020, 07:21:30 PM
Sino Biological is headquartered in Beijing.  Note study footnotes.  Just sayin’
Aren't almost all important U.S. companies headquartered where labor is cheap?  Asked sincerely.

Jojo

Quote from: expat on May 24, 2020, 12:42:55 PM

I'm puzzled.
You have it reversed.  If a patient had Corona but died of a fall in the hospital, death was coded from a fall.  But now it would be classified as Corona.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 24, 2020, 10:51:12 PM
They are cheap bastards, grifters. My guess is the few 'expert' guests they book for these shows get $500 for the appearance, air fare is cheap domestically, $300 and a hotel room  - $1000 all in per guest.

And Noory and Tommy have mentioned that the bands they hire are local to the venue city and I guarantee you they pay them nothing promising them how valuable the exposure is that a big star like George Noory will bring them.
"Big star", lol.  I can only hope he weighs more than I do, lol.

pate

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 24, 2020, 10:51:12 PM

For the now cancelled Houston Jorch invasion, one of the, LOL, "expert" woo woo guests was local, so the dynamic duo wouldn't have even had to cover air fare and hotel.  Maybe, Uber, though. ;)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jojo on May 25, 2020, 02:54:59 AM
Aren't almost all important U.S. companies headquartered where labor is cheap?  Asked sincerely.

It’s not a U.S. company.  It was founded by Chinese in Singapore, moved its HQ to Beijing and is listed on the Hang Seng (Hong Kong) Index.  If it is not state controlled it is state influenced.  Figures lie and liars figure. 

expat

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 25, 2020, 09:01:43 AM
Figures lie and liars figure.

So what's your version of the history of flu pandemics?

Juan

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 25, 2020, 09:01:43 AM
It’s not a U.S. company.  It was founded by Chinese in Singapore, moved its HQ to Beijing and is listed on the Hang Seng (Hong Kong) Index.  If it is not state controlled it is state influenced.  Figures lie and liars figure.
It’s best to think of China as a modern fascist state. Different ownerships with absolute government control.