• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Roy Hinkley

I'll get the popcorn, it may be a while...

ItsOver

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on August 20, 2013, 10:19:38 PM
I'll get the popcorn, it may be a while...

Hey, Uncle Thadeus is getting up there in age.  Maybe some RV'ing is in order.  Paging Ed Dames...

SaucyRossy

Scifi author, George won't even say how his weekend was or what it's like a few hours before the show (I imagine kinda busy)

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: ItsOver on August 20, 2013, 10:21:12 PM
Hey, Uncle Thadeus is getting up there in age.  Maybe some RV'ing is in order.  Paging Ed Dames...
;D

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 20, 2013, 10:23:32 PM
Scifi author, George won't even say how his weekend was or what it's like a few hours before the show (I imagine kinda busy)
Yup, when we did ask the questions, this is about all that happened...

Roy Hinkley

Hey George, Lori Toye is okay looking, maybe you should see if she's married or not..

ziznak

Well, it seems like every few days somebody comes in, calls us losers for spending so much time here, and then fights about it with whoever takes the bait for a few days or weeks... The behavior is inherently trollish. 

"I'm gonna go into an anti-whatever forum and call the people there losers for spending time talking about whatever." 
Is this not the definition of trolling?   
Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2013, 10:17:47 PM
Alright George, we've all been fighting about being civil and giving you constructive criticism. They almost knifed me for it, especially my positive comments about George Noory post series.

Here's my question: What do you believe your weaknesses as a broadcaster are?

I don't mean it as mean or derogatory, just as general question made in good faith and in a positive tone that might be helpful in interacting with this unholy babylon of anti-Hoaglandists and Noory detractors.

Gnoory

Weaknesses:  Ive got my share.I need to stay focused with a guest who may not be ideal. rather than wander all over the place.

bateman

Hi George, if you had to choose between taquitos, hot dogs & The Big Pizza, which would it be, and why?

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Gnoory on August 20, 2013, 10:29:55 PM
Weaknesses:  Ive got my share.I need to stay focused with a guest who may not be ideal. rather than wander all over the place.

How about the follow-up questions instead of just going to the next planned question?

ItsOver

"Hang in there, Uncle Thadeus.  You can make it....."

Gnoory

However since we started conversing, I believe you have seen a dramatic change. I know I have

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Gnoory on August 20, 2013, 10:33:40 PM
However since we started conversing, I believe you have seen a dramatic change. I know I have
Do you feel more involved and invested in each program?

bateman

Quote from: Gnoory on August 20, 2013, 10:29:55 PM

In all seriousness, I'm sure that's not easy sometimes. How thoroughly are these guests vetted, and who does the booking?

Gnoory

Yes I do. m taking the time to spend with each guest...I think my ADHD was getting the better of me

Gnoory

A triology: two producers and me at any given time will book a guest and sometimes they are chipper during the day and dead at night

aldousburbank

I am personally psyched that George is posting here. I like you hombre, I just don't like the style. I don't like how you try to to read news. Pay attention to the beat, the rythm, like you are talking about something to a person. It's not about you, it's about conversation. Try to have one. Nobody cares about your split format bit and your taking little chats with news guests at the begining blows. It's a producer's concept, not helpful, because you are supposed to be the talent. Don't drone about what a good guy you are, don't try to help someone because they get past Tommy with a sob story. Absolutely stop saying to, let's say guest James whoever "Jimmy, how aarrree yyoouu?" And get your face off of the top of the stupid webpage because i dunno who that stiff is but I don't think it's the George we all know and love to poke fun at. And really, I'm glad you reached out. Your denial of our existence was one of the things that yeed me off the most about you dad.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ziznak on August 20, 2013, 10:27:52 PM
Well, it seems like every few days somebody comes in, calls us losers for spending so much time here, and then fights about it with whoever takes the bait for a few days or weeks... The behavior is inherently trollish. 

"I'm gonna go into an anti-whatever forum and call the people there losers for spending time talking about whatever." 
Is this not the definition of trolling?   

It's also a tag used by internet posters in forums as a canned veiled ad hominem and as a marginalization technique. That's what that was, as was the Tommy accusation. It had little to do with what I actually said.

Gnoory

Who blames me for avoiding the lion's den until I was asked to pop in

Gnoory

gotta go do some local live inserts....later  be well

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Gnoory on August 20, 2013, 10:39:24 PM
Who blames me for avoiding the lion's den until I was asked to pop in

Do you have any extra special guests coming up you could let us know about George??

Catsmile

Quote from: Gnoory on August 20, 2013, 10:33:40 PM

Sounds like you are trying to pull a Houdini disappearing elephant trick making such a suggestion,  but I could be wrong.
Yeah I've see a dramatic change in the number of visitors to the site.

Gnoory

Maybe the greatest actor of his era, but not confirmed yet. He loves the show so....fingers crossed

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Gnoory on August 20, 2013, 10:41:55 PM
Maybe the greatest actor of his era, but not confirmed yet. He loves the show so....fingers crossed

Great, hope you get him!