• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: username on March 06, 2020, 04:39:46 PM

I wouldn't call George a "celebrity". Every celebrity, actual "celebrities", they all have those who despise them and think they stink. Anyone who's ever been in the spotlight gets the same treatment.
Who?  Would you say a few.  Seems like none have their own ongoing threads full of thousands of pages.

Jojo

Quote from: username on March 06, 2020, 05:52:59 PM
He'll get his comeuppance.
For the time he blocked my calls when I complimented the show during it?  I guess he thought I was sarcastic, but I had been sincere.  The staff told me once a number is blocked it can never be unblocked.  Harsh.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jojo on March 06, 2020, 06:03:50 PM
Who?  Would you say a few.  Seems like none have their own ongoing threads full of thousands of pages.

You can easily use Google for your answer

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jojo on March 06, 2020, 06:04:53 PM
For the time he blocked my calls when I complimented the show during it?

Hah, I wasn't aware.

Jojo

Quote from: username on March 06, 2020, 06:07:08 PM
Hah, I wasn't aware.
It was clearly a simple misunderstanding - a chip on their shoulder and perhaps words too abbreviated in my text.  But I guess they have to block so many people that they can't keep track in any way.  In any case, I still apologize for allowing my text to seem sarcastic when it was sincere.  I was trying to say that I liked how George handled dead air that night.

Jojo

Quote from: username on March 06, 2020, 06:06:20 PM
You can easily use Google for your answer
I should do research to prove your point?  Hmmm, that doesn't seem real fair!

Okay, to be honest, I had done that.  Not much came up.  Only one radio personality and two Hollywood celebs are listed:
https://whosucks.com/personalities_suck.htm

When I Google "sucks sites" I got nothing meaningful.

When I Googled individual names of celebs I thought might have suck sites, there were small hits, but not like this thread.

Jojo

Quote from: username on March 06, 2020, 05:52:59 PM
He'll get his comeuppance.
This, Google won't answer.  What did Tom do to deserve a comeuppance?  Other than block little old me.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jojo on March 06, 2020, 06:39:26 PM
I should do research to prove your point?  Hmmm, that doesn't seem real fair!

Okay, to be honest, I had done that.  Not much came up.  Only one radio personality and two Hollywood celebs are listed:
https://whosucks.com/personalities_suck.htm

When I Google "sucks sites" I got nothing meaningful.

When I Googled individual names of celebs I thought might have suck sites, there were small hits, but not like this thread.

Oh JoJo.

Dateline

I thought you might have Hoaglanded Peter Davenport.  That is the only reason I turn in some weeks.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on March 07, 2020, 12:21:43 AM
I thought you might have Hoaglanded Peter Davenport.  That is the only reason I turn in some weeks.
Hoaglanded, lol.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 06, 2020, 10:31:43 AM

He picked the example of the largely amateur USA hockey team beating the largely professional Soviet team in the 1980 Olympics. Average age 23, born in 1957, big talent pool.
Big mistake! Joorch knows all about that and kept interrupting with inanities while the guest struggled to continue with his argument, which did not involve the details of the game.
“Tommee knows all about that, like the back of his hand”
He threw in a dumb impersonation of the commentator: “Do you believe in miracles?” He commented on how great the US coach was.
All the time, the guest was struggling to get past this to complete his point. Joorch was having none of it.
“Some of those Soviets came to play for the Detroit Redwings and other teams, and were pretty good.”
All irrelevant to the discussion, but he has to keep interrupting because his button has been pushed.

I wish I could see the guests during their interviews, the 'WTF? Is this guy for real?' faces.

I'm a lifelong hockey fan, Jorch got pretty much everything wrong about the Miracle on Ice. He told the guest that the young American players were actually very good and it shouldn't have been a surprise they beat the Soviets. Completely wrong of course. Only a few of the American players went on to have decent careers in the NHL, most of them went on to play in minor pro leagues. The Soviet team at the time was the greatest team in the world, better than the best in the NHL. It truly was a miracle the USA beat them -  had they played them 10 games the Soviets win the 9 others, 8 at minimum, goaltending in hockey is a wildcard, an inferior team with a goalie playing out of his mind can steal a game from a much superior team.

He knows fuck all about anything, there's not one subject he's above average in knowledge about, which is incredible to me.

He's the worst conversationalist, the guest didn't bring up the Miracle on Ice to have a discussion or hear useless trivia about it but Jorch is too obtuse to get that. As always he just blurts out non-sequiturs when his primitive reptile brain recognizes a word and spits out the first thing it relates to the word.

Doctor: We think your father may be in the early stages of senile dementia. I'm sorry.

Noory Kids: Don't be sorry, Dad's not senile we can assure you, he's always been this way, he's an idiot.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 07, 2020, 01:24:30 AM
I wish I could see the guests during their interviews, the 'WTF? Is this guy for real?' faces.
Like when he just said, "Something big happened on earth long ago, don't you agree?"  I think I heard the guest's jaw drop as she pondered how inane the statement was.

Jojo

wow  there actually was a new caller     he said the screener grilled him hard    that's because you're not annie, barry, or cornelius     

Kidnostad3

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 03, 2020, 04:26:40 AM

The Space Force is new but it has evolved from the US Space Command which was established in 1985 as a component of the Air Force.  The Air Force wanted their own shuttle. They built a mission control center in Colorado Springs and their own launch facility at Vandenberg AFB. The Challenger accident stifled those plans and no shuttle was launched from Vandenberg in spite of billions of dollars in construction of the launch complex. They revamped the launch pad and use it to launch expendable rockets when they need a polar orbit.  Otherwise they launch from Florida so that they can get the advantage of the earth’s rotation.  It’s always easier to launch to the east.

There was also a U.S. Navy Space Command located at Dahlgren, Va. which became the Naval Network Warfare Command (NETWARCOM) in 2002.  I’m wondering if it will be folded into the U.S. Space Force or the Navy will continue to fly satellites supporting naval operations.  Inter-service rivalries being what they are I’m thinking the Navy will want to hold on to certain of those functions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Space_Command

FXX

Quote from: Jojo on March 07, 2020, 01:59:25 AM
wow  there actually was a new caller     he said the screener grilled him hard    that's because you're not annie, barry, or cornelius   
It depends on what you want to talk about if the subject matter may be controversial then your probably going to get further screened. Definitely was the case when I was first starting out calling in. But honestly don't like to talk about politics and try to stay away from discussing it as much as possible because almost always someone will disagree with it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: FXX on March 08, 2020, 12:44:11 AM
It depends on what you want to talk about if the subject matter may be controversial then your probably going to get further screened. Definitely was the case when I was first starting out calling in. But honestly don't like to talk about politics and try to stay away from discussing it as much as possible because almost always someone will disagree with it.

Yes, let’s all avoid any rational discussion in order to spare any potential disagreements or hurt feelings. This is precisely what’s wrong with your generation. ::)

FXX

Right thats why Im on here willing to talk to you people unlike most of the other callers im not really a sensitive person even though you might think that im really not and guess what if you want to talk politics so bad why dont you do it you have just as much ability to call the show as me or cornelius or anyone else so just do it. The reason I choose not to talk politics usually is because I appreciate the vision art bell had for the show and that vision really wasnt politics or corporate influence on coast that is why I try to stick to the origins of the show and not controversial stuff like politics.

Jojo

don't mind Dr. MDMD     that's just how he is     controversy means even more than friendship to some people     Dr. MDMD is definitely not Japanese-American    they would rather have workable relationships than individual opinions lol    i think a happy medium is best     

Jojo

http://ghostofcoast.blogspot.com/2007/03/all-his-exes-live-in-sherman-oaks.html

Comments Excerpt:  "I don't think that 'man' has had one single thought of his own. He would not know what to do with it if he did."

The short blog was written around 2007, over 12 years ago, by someone who actually got to interview Noory on broadcast radio for an hour.  Same criticism Noory gets to this day.  Evidently he is that consistent.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FXX on March 08, 2020, 03:00:21 AM
Right thats why Im on here willing to talk to you people unlike most of the other callers im not really a sensitive person even though you might think that im really not and guess what if you want to talk politics so bad why dont you do it you have just as much ability to call the show as me or cornelius or anyone else so just do it. The reason I choose not to talk politics usually is because I appreciate the vision art bell had for the show and that vision really wasnt politics or corporate influence on coast that is why I try to stick to the origins of the show and not controversial stuff like politics.

You deserve a lot of credit for coming here, this place has a history of eating its own. There have been other regular callers who've posted here, however.  There are also lurkers here from the show, including George and some of his staff. Same with some of the rent-a-hosts and even some of the guests.

I'd love to see Barry, Annie, and that Cleopatra chick post here, the exchanges with them would be epic.  Barry would go ape shit, Annie would not understand she was being made fun of, and Cleo would command her palace guards to whack posters for their impertinence.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: FXX on March 08, 2020, 03:00:21 AM

I don’t remember him ever shying away from politics. He may have lied about it but was usually willing to address it. Controversial stuff is just stuff that powerful people don’t want you talking about. If they can get you to eliminate both politics and religion then it’s easier to take you over and control you. ;)

Dateline

Quote from: FXX on March 08, 2020, 12:44:11 AM

Maybe it could be described as interrogation.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on March 08, 2020, 03:12:08 AM
don't mind Dr. MDMD     that's just how he is     controversy means even more than friendship to some people     Dr. MDMD is definitely not Japanese-American    they would rather have workable relationships than individual opinions lol    i think a happy medium is best   

Racist. ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dateline on March 08, 2020, 10:20:11 AM
Maybe it could be described as interrogation.

Only people who feel the guilt of not being able to rationally support their views would describe it like that. ;)

Quote from: Jojo on March 08, 2020, 03:16:40 AM
http://ghostofcoast.blogspot.com/2007/03/all-his-exes-live-in-sherman-oaks.html

Comments Excerpt:  "I don't think that 'man' has had one single thought of his own. He would not know what to do with it if he did."

The short blog was written around 2007, over 12 years ago, by someone who actually got to interview Noory on broadcast radio for an hour.  Same criticism Noory gets to this day.  Evidently he is that consistent.

This is what I keep posting, he's numbingly dumb which is bad enough but he's also intellectually as lazy as is possible, it could be he knows he's gamed the system and won so no point in trying to be better or he's that dumb and unself-aware that he thinks he's doing a fine job and is very smart.

Broadcasting has a very low bar for intelligence, no experience is required, even those that get journalism degrees are pretty low IQ, it is not a very demanding academic field.

The other day Brian Williams, the lying former NBC News anchor who somehow survived the embarrassment of his exposure as a self aggrandizing liar, mostly because he 'looks' like a real news anchorman should, Ted Baxter syndrome, was interviewing a Harvard educated black woman on MSNBC about the Democratic primaries and candidates - the woman made the stunning point that Michael Bloomberg the multi-billionaire businessman had spent $500 million dollars on his campaign and what a waste it all was, she pointed out that Bloomberg with that $500M could have given each and every American ONE MILLION DOLLARS - think about that, and the airhead Williams concurred with her absolutely retarded point. Basic arithmetic, elementary school arithmetic and these two fine examples of the progressive left who like to puff themselves up as vastly intellectually superior to the farmers and blue collar men and women of fly-over country could not do it. A farmer, a tradesman I guarantee you can do basic arithmetic.

500 million dollars divided by 330 Americans would amount to a dollar and change per person.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 08, 2020, 01:44:24 PM
This is what I keep posting, he's numbingly dumb which is bad enough but he's also intellectually as lazy as is possible, it could be he knows he's gamed the system and won so no point in trying to be better or he's that dumb and unself-aware that he thinks he's doing a fine job and is very smart.

Broadcasting has a very low bar for intelligence, no experience is required, even those that get journalism degrees are pretty low IQ, it is not a very demanding academic field.

The other day Brian Williams, the lying former NBC News anchor who somehow survived the embarrassment of his exposure as a self aggrandizing liar, mostly because he 'looks' like a real news anchorman should, Ted Baxter syndrome, was interviewing a Harvard educated black woman on MSNBC about the Democratic primaries and candidates - the woman made the stunning point that Michael Bloomberg the multi-billionaire businessman had spent $500 million dollars on his campaign and what a waste it all was, she pointed out that Bloomberg with that $500M could have given each and every American ONE MILLION DOLLARS - think about that, and the airhead Williams concurred with her absolutely retarded point. Basic arithmetic, elementary school arithmetic and these two fine examples of the progressive left who like to puff themselves up as vastly intellectually superior to the farmers and blue collar men and women of fly-over country could not do it. A farmer, a tradesman I guarantee you can do basic arithmetic.

500 million dollars divided by 330 Americans would amount to a dollar and change per person.

Yeah, that was funny. Math is hard! :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on March 08, 2020, 02:07:38 PM
Sociology is not racism.

Yes it is. The idea that one could elevate themselves above any particular group to study them is inherently elitist and racist. ::) ::)