• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Roy Hinkley

Yeah Dave, glad you broke the forest fire shtory.  That never happens in the Summer - never has ever in the history of the world.  Glad you had Bitch Mattress on top of that too.

SaucyRossy

George legitimized and promoted Art and this forum and if 1/200th of George's listenership knew this was going on, this forum would grow exponentially over a matter of days. It pays to remember that.
[/quote]

If what you said is true then WHY are there NO forums on the entire Internet dedicated to George Noory and his iteration of C2Cam.

Simple, because while he may be an adequate host for ratings etc and he hasn't fucked up the profits, he doesn't inspire passion in people. If he did he would have three or four dedicated forums to him thriving. Yet here he is.

And to his credit he is here to learn, grow, and get better. And most of all understand how to create a rabid fanbase like Art did.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 19, 2013, 10:56:31 PM
Noory has been blowing for 10+ years.
The man let's medical quacks on his show that hurt people.
I understand and realize george thinks this is in because he doesn't personally endorse them

But dam it there is a HUGE and non understatable difference between interviewing guys claiming to have met little green men and people giving dangerous medical advice. Simple george doesn't understand this.

Art didn't? Come on, we're talking about curing disease with orgone energy here. Where the hell did that one go after Art left the airwaves? Did you guys actually listen to Art night to night in the 90's or are you just listening after the fact to best of shows and building a perception of an idealized radio program? Art's great, but he was no slouch on alternative health and healing. And that's not even getting into colloidal silver generators!

WhosURmama

Do not be surprised when George implements a "Coast Insider Loyalty Program" where just to keep the numbers up they give you the next year free.

P.S. I love how Jerome Glenn on AUGUST 8th of THIS YEAR could barely stand dealing with Gnoory.  It is a good listen.

Great lesson for you Scifiwriter.  Stop comparing apples to assholes.

Spinner

SciFiAuthor:
My point was that George did the exact same thing at the FF.
He started posting and asking people to tell him how he could make the show better, asking what he could do to improve, etc., etc.,
Many members politely gave him their suggestions and opinions, which he blew off or completely ignored, just like he's been doing here. And I believe that he had other posters playing their part (i.e., some being very supportive of him, and some throwing nasty post at him). I believe he's trying to do the exact same thing here, in hopes that this Art Bell fans forum eventually crumbles.

He couldn't care less about what we think about his abysmal incompetence as a talk show host. He is insincere, and just pretends to be a nice guy. My guess is that he hopes that newcomers will buy his act.

I know better, and I'm not buying it.

This thread is very accurately titled: George Noory Sucks!

George Noory

These trolls on here using bad words are disgraceful when all I'm trying to do here is be honest and improve. But, being the magnanimous, great man that I am I can also see the other side of the coin. I wouldn't be the fantastic and humble George Noory if I couldn't, now would I?

Ya see, there are those people who used to listen to the show in the distant, mist-shrouded past. It was a more innocent time known as the 1990s. Long before many of the ass-kissers, er, I mean, my fans here were even aware that the show existed.

Back then a person, let's call him the listener, might have been driving down a deserted road in the Mojave Desert late at night.  The summer night sky ablaze with stars , the hot desert wind blowing in through the open windows. Everything is perfect. He's waiting. 10pm approaches. Then he hears it. The music on the radio. Midnight Express. And his brain starts salivating because it knows it's in for 5 hours of delicious mind-candy. Then comes the voice. It's an intelligent, no-nonsense voice that drips with experience and professionalism. It's Art Bell. And for the next 5 hours the listener gets an interview that keeps his ears glued to the radio. He doesn't want to miss a word of it.  Bell asks the questions the listener would ask. He gets the answers to the questions the listener wouldn't think of. Bell isn't a sounding board. He is a participant in a conversation. The listener is never left wanting. Bell pursues the topic like a terrier after a rat. He explores the topic. He delves. He digs. He grabs the topic by the scruff of its neck and he kicks it in the ass. He beats the living shit out of that topic. He wrings it dry and when the show is over the listener is satisfied. He's spent. Bell has just made 5 hours seem like 2. The listener has been entertained and in those 5 hours of show not one stupid, inane, tasteless comment has been uttered by Art Bell. NOT ONE!

But then something happens. It can't be true but it is. Art Bell is quitting. No, they said. This is the end of the midnight mind candy, they said. Who could possibly take his place? Who? But Art assures them that the show will be placed in capable hands because his successor "gets it". Thank God, they said. If Art Bell endorses his replacement then he must be good. All is well but who is this man who will step into Bell's shoes? The man's name is George Noory. WHO, they said?

Well, it seemed to start out O.K.. He seemed to be trying but something was missing. They said he just needs a little more time to find the groove. Yeah, that's it. A little more time and he'll be fine. It wasn't to be.  It became clear that Noory was out of his depth. He just went from bad to worse. Surely this Noory will do the honorable thing and quit, they said. Surely the people who hired him will see what we see, too, they cried. But either they couldn't see or they just didn't care. Inexplicable. The nightmare has continued now for lo these 12 long years with no end in sight.

This man Noory, this imposter,  told all the listeners from the beginning that he would uphold the high standard set by Bell but it wasn't true.  Oh, he knew it wasn't true when he said it. He knew he wasn't up to the task but his self-interest was all that mattered to him. Noory took a show about which millions of people had very personal feelings and he wiped his ass with it. The show just deteriorated from the get go. Year after year getting worse and worse. The true fans becoming angrier and angrier at this upstart, this nobody, this ... fake. This Noory didn't have a clue nor did he care to find one. Not only did he wallow in his mediocrity, he decided to embrace it. Noory ate Bell's show to its bones. Now it is nothing more than an infomercial populated by annoyingly stupid guests, helmed by an uncaring, lazy, poorly educated, inappropriate fool.

So maybe the people here who are so shocked that someone would ridicule me should stop and consider that it isn't simply my incompetence to which they object but that it is the fact that I destroyed something that was important to them simply to satisfy my own greed and self-interest. Ridicule is all I deserve, at this point.

But I sure want to thank all the star-stuck ass-kissers, er, I mean my fans here that I care so much about for trying to help me improve the show. You know, the show that I've had 12 years to improve but haven't. Your brainless gullibility, er I mean, willingness to help amazes me. I love it.

Hey, have I ever mentioned that I spent 9 years in the Navy?

WhosURmama

I have noticed since the shout outs and visitations that Gnoory sucks more than ever.  It's worse now hearing him TRY to be articulate.  It's like saying stupid things a lot slower and through a megaphone.  He is killing me.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 19, 2013, 11:00:13 PM

That's all pretty bland and non-specific.  Everything he said in your quotes could apply to everyone in the world - 'I can grow, I've made mistakes?', 'I've reached out to you, I care',  'everyone can improve', 'I can grow and learn', 'I appreciate constructive criticism'.   

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great George came here and said those things.  It's a start, and he didn't have to do even that.  But what he did not do is address the specific questions, comments and complaints that were posed to him..

The fact is he doesn't come to the show as prepared as he should - not even close, it sure seems like he isn't listening to what the guest and callers are saying much of the time, he isn't asking the obvious follow up questions and making it a true conversation - he sounds like he's just waiting for the guest to take a breath so he can read his next question, he has far too many people on making dubious health claims that have less than stellar backgrounds.

We asked him about all this and more, and got no response.  We did what you are saying we should have done.    Maybe now that he's tested the waters here, if he truly wants to improve he can come back and discuss some of this.

Are you from PremRat?

Ok, so if you wanted to improve your product, how would you phrase it?

Try telling him that. Write a businesslike letter, like we would in real life, and tell him your complaints. Do it privately in PM or publically on here and see what happens. If it seems that you had no effect, then attack the hell out of him. You'd have a basis then.

I asked him too, with no response. That doesn't mean he didn't read it. The proof is in the pudding, let's see how he does.

No, I wish I was from Premrat as it would pay better than being a 3rd rate sci fi novel author. I'm simply here to separate out the BS, because an extraordinary situation presented itself. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. You've got Noory, a direct line to him, to voice your gripes. Well, don't fuck it up. This kind of shit almost never happens. It's him and it's reasonably verified. Recognize it and treat him like you would in real life. Maybe you might make the show tolerable to your tastes. What do you have to lose?

WhosURmama

Stop bogarting scifi!  Pass the bong already.

Spinner

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 19, 2013, 11:00:13 PM
  Everything he said in your quotes could apply to everyone in the world - 'I can grow, I've made mistakes?', 'I've reached out to you, I care',  'everyone can improve', 'I can grow and learn', 'I appreciate constructive criticism'. 
And those are exactly the things he said years ago at the FF.
It's the same MO.

QuoteBut what he did not do is address the specific questions, comments and complaints that were posed to him..
Just like he ignored or blew off the FF members.

Fool me once...

SciFiAuthor

*passes the bong with copious amounts of drool dripping from it*

It's good stuff. Smells like Hoagland.

Spinner

Quote from: WhosURmama on August 19, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
I have noticed since the shout outs and visitations that Gnoory sucks more than ever.  It's worse now hearing him TRY to be articulate.  It's like saying stupid things a lot slower and through a megaphone.  He is killing me.
I feel for you. But there's no need to torture yourself and ruin your evening. Just turn him off. Instead, listen to an Art Bell show (lots of them on YouTube and elsewhere), and have some fun.  :)

WhosURmama

"No, I wish I was from Premrat as it would pay better than being a 3rd rate sci fi novel author. I'm simply here to separate out the BS, because an extraordinary situation presented itself. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. You've got Noory, a direct line to him, to voice your gripes. Well, don't fuck it up. This kind of shit almost never happens. It's him and it's reasonably verified. Recognize it and treat him like you would in real life. Maybe you might make the show tolerable to your tastes. What do you have to lose?"
SFA

Seriously, I don't give a crap about Gnoory.

WhosURmama

If only DaVinci was around today. Ahhhh me.

WhosURmama

Quote from: Spinner on August 19, 2013, 11:59:38 PM

I feel for you. But there's no need to torture yourself and ruin your evening. Just turn him off. Instead, listen to an Art Bell show (lots of them on YouTube and elsewhere), and have some fun.  :)
What can I say?  I'm a masochist and these are the end times of Noory.  I love watching him de-evolve even more.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: WhosURmama on August 20, 2013, 12:00:40 AM
"No, I wish I was from Premrat as it would pay better than being a 3rd rate sci fi novel author. I'm simply here to separate out the BS, because an extraordinary situation presented itself. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. You've got Noory, a direct line to him, to voice your gripes. Well, don't fuck it up. This kind of shit almost never happens. It's him and it's reasonably verified. Recognize it and treat him like you would in real life. Maybe you might make the show tolerable to your tastes. What do you have to lose?"
SFA

Seriously, I don't give a crap about Gnoory.

Then why are you bothering with a "George Noory Sucks" thread? Bored? You must have a reason to post. If you don't care, especially in light of Art's return, then why?

There are a lot of people in this thread, about 75%, wearing their psychology on their sleeve. Well, I won't do that. Fair is fair and reality is reality. I made it clear that I wouldn't have ever bothered to post if Noory wasn't present. Why did I bother when Noory showed up? Because I knew I could either have an effect and give myself 7 hours of programming to my tastes, or I wouldn't have an effect, and it was only a little time lost. So what, seemed worth it. But if you're going to spend god knows how many hours detracting from Noory, photoshopping, making audio files that have no other purpose than to excite one or two people on a forum, well, it's a pretty good bet that you're more screwed up in the head than the guy that's being paid 7 figures. Isn't it?

WhosURmama

I can say that he shouted out CoastGab so that's one reason.  I can say I'm interested in finding like minds that think he is atrocious so that's two I could say that I read all if his posts here and found them a joke and simply had to speak out that's three I could say he sucks now more than ever and I was on a quest to find out why out of curiosity and that's four I could say that watching you post and than reading the bullshit you wrote made me post and that's five...

I can't keep going it might annoy people when my post fills nearly half a page, ahem.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 19, 2013, 11:25:55 PM

Art didn't? Come on, we're talking about curing disease with orgone energy here. Where the hell did that one go after Art left the airwaves? Did you guys actually listen to Art night to night in the 90's or are you just listening after the fact to best of shows and building a perception of an idealized radio program? Art's great, but he was no slouch on alternative health and healing. And that's not even getting into colloidal silver generators!

I listened to Art in the 90's and I do remember those shows, but this is now and quack shows have taken over a good portion of C2C's airtime under the guise of alternative healthcare. I'll give you two of the most egregious offenders: Dr Leonard Coldwell who says he can cure cure cancer in 2-16 weeks by using drops of peroxide mixed with water and avoiding artificial sweeteners. He's been on 4 times since 2010. Then there's Ty Bollinger, another frequent guest on the alternative healthcare shows. He's not even an MD - he's a CPA who, in 15 years of research, proclaimed that he knows more about cancer and it's cure than researchers who've spent a lifetime on the disease. His spiel involves the following: "Bollinger over the lengthy video talks about the “dangers” of chemo, radiation and surgery, while denigrating doctors and telling viewers that his 31-day Home Cancer Cure “costs so little that just anybody can afford itâ€"even patients on Medicaid”…and “could save you or a loved one from dying an early death.”

And these are just two. I  haven't even touched on the people who shill Burzynski's antineoplaston therapy and his full length movie which is a shill for his unregulated, unproven cancer clinic, or the guy who advocates baking soda as a cure for the ph balance in the body which will take care of cancer, another frequent flier. And there's more like Robin Falkov who is asking for money for an alternative treatment for her colon cancer overseas.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's rump about colloidal silver or orgone energy quite as much as I do with someone who is plying money and valuable treatment time out of the sick, gullible and frightened to make a buck, and that's pretty much what I said to George Noory when he logged on.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 20, 2013, 12:09:03 AM
Then why are you bothering with a "George Noory Sucks" thread? Bored? You must have a reason to post. If you don't care, especially in light of Art's return, then why?

There are a lot of people in this thread, about 75%, wearing their psychology on their sleeve. Well, I won't do that. Fair is fair and reality is reality. I made it clear that I wouldn't have ever bothered to post if Noory wasn't present. Why did I bother when Noory showed up? Because I knew I could either have an effect and give myself 7 hours of programming to my tastes, or I wouldn't have an effect, and it was only a little time lost. So what, seemed worth it. But if you're going to spend god knows how many hours detracting from Noory, photoshopping, making audio files that have no other purpose than to excite one or two people on a forum, well, it's a pretty good bet that you're more screwed up in the head than the guy that's being paid 7 figures. Isn't it?

First off I can post here because I am participating in a discussion.
Secondly, I haven't done any of the things you've said.
And finally Ive sent George a detailed list of constructive criticisms and posted many of them in this thread. Why? Because I cared about c2c but now that Art is back, I'm winding down. I doubt ill post in this thread much come September 16th.

WhosURmama

I just thought by the title that this was a place to post how much
Gnoory sucks

WhosURmama

Quote from: malfion on August 20, 2013, 12:25:11 AM
I'm strangely enjoying tonight's show.
That is indeed strange.

Addendum:  the ass of a guest tonight is calling every single thing that happens, better know as coincidence, synchronicity.  21 years of drinking will cause this kind of delusion.  Throw Gnoory into the nutty mix and you've got a pecan log.  Coincidence? I think not!

zeebo

Quote from: WhosURmama on August 20, 2013, 12:28:11 AM
That is indeed strange.

Addendum:  the ass of a guest tonight is calling every single thing that happens, better know as coincidence, synchronicity.  21 years of drinking will cause this kind of delusion.  Throw Gnoory into the nutty mix and you've got a pecan log.  Coincidence? I think not!

So far the highlight of this lame show was when that lady called in for Windows 8 tech support.

malfion

Quote from: WhosURmama on August 20, 2013, 12:28:11 AM
That is indeed strange.

Scratch what I wrote earlier. This guy is getting nuts and turning into the usual guest. He was good when he went on about his drug abuse and got Noory hot, asking about his favourite drinks.

WhosURmama

I'm glad all that were hypnotized have seen the light, not to mention that was the longest hour, ever.

WhosURmama

Quote from: zeebo on August 20, 2013, 12:57:58 AM
So far the highlight of this lame show was when that lady called in for Windows 8 tech support.
lol I agree, now fetch mama a drink!

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 19, 2013, 11:50:24 PM

Ok, so if you wanted to improve your product, how would you phrase it?

Try telling him that. Write a businesslike letter, like we would in real life, and tell him your complaints. Do it privately in PM or publically on here and see what happens. If it seems that you had no effect, then attack the hell out of him. You'd have a basis then.

I asked him too, with no response. That doesn't mean he didn't read it. The proof is in the pudding, let's see how he does.

No, I wish I was from Premrat as it would pay better than being a 3rd rate sci fi novel author. I'm simply here to separate out the BS, because an extraordinary situation presented itself. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. You've got Noory, a direct line to him, to voice your gripes. Well, don't fuck it up. This kind of shit almost never happens. It's him and it's reasonably verified. Recognize it and treat him like you would in real life. Maybe you might make the show tolerable to your tastes. What do you have to lose?

The reason I first knew George Noory Sucked was because I did send a few polite constructive emails to him, quite a few years ago, with the same suggestions and criticisms people have been making for over 10 years.  At one point he had several guests I really wanted to hear within a period of a week or two - in those 'interviews' he completely ignored so many comments that demanded follow up questions.  He just ignored them and went right along to his next pre-written question.  There were a couple of times I wanted to throw my radio against the wall.  He did this so many times in those interviews that it was apparent he wasn't interested, didn't care, and was the wrong person for the job.  He has no other qualities as a host that make up for the areas he sucks at.  That's just the kind of interviewer he is - dumb, lazy, uninformed, uninterested. 

You should see the responses I got from those polite emails.  Let's just say they were from a person who was paranoid, had almost surely been deluged with similar emails, and had no intention of changing.  And didn't want any input except praise.

By that time I was listening to the show mostly for amusement - it was truly funny how bad he was.  Pioneering unintentional comedy.  Just the first hour and maybe a little more before bed, unless there was a really good guest.  At some point it wasn't worth tuning in anymore. 

Fast forward to now.  George Noory comes here to do a little damage control now that Art Bell is finally back.  He offers up a few platitudes and ignores the criticisms, comments, and complaints we posted in response.  Just completely ignored them. 

So it's interesting he's here, and I encourage it just to see what he'll say and do next, but so far he's shown no interest in changing - just a half hearted attempts to convince people he's not that bad.

If you really think I'm misrepresenting what's been going on, and think people have not been trying to interact with him regarding these issues, you may want to go back and read the last 100 pages of posts again.

WhosURmama

If you think the commercials - commercial breaks, suck, you should hear the Horrible premrad music.

Speaking of music Jefferson airplane's miracles or maybe they were Jefferson starship by then which Gnoory just put on is technically about a guy singing about how much he loves going down on his girlfriend; do you think that dumbass knows that?

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 20, 2013, 12:20:55 AM

First off I can post here because I am participating in a discussion.
Secondly, I haven't done any of the things you've said.
And finally Ive sent George a detailed list of constructive criticisms and posted many of them in this thread. Why? Because I cared about c2c but now that Art is back, I'm winding down. I doubt ill post in this thread much come September 16th.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this thread after Art's show starts up. 

On the one hand, it's fun to make fun of George.  On the other hand, will anyone care about C2C anymore - it seems like it might end up being a non-topic.