George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on February 20, 2020, 11:07:48 AM
I'd read this as a "yes."

"George closed the program with his rendition of Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart."  From 2017.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2017/10/31

Of course, Jorch has others write "his" books.  Maybe he also has "ghost" speakers, and still claims it's his rendition. ;)

I recall when Noory took over as main c2cam host 18 years ago, soon after he was selling a CD with him reading lots of short stories.
Thats where that Poe reading came from he has used hundreds of times since the CD probably didn't sell well...

the commercials are as bad as the show.  Jorch read a commercial for the conservative TV channel Newsmax, the tag line read by Jorch lifelessly 'Newsmax .... It's great to watch'.  I wonder how long it took them to come up with that slogan. Maybe it's Jorch's creative genius and he added the slogan on his own.

then there's the snake oil Carnivora, a woman who sounds like every dingbat who calls in to Coast, retells us how she coughed 24 hours a day, for years, she went to THREE different pulmonologists and they all told her not to do anything. Of course they did, because there was nothing wrong with her other than being a nutbag who invented a cough for herself.  She turned to Carnivora and within a week her cough disappeared, placebo obviously.

haha a black gentleman named Roland called in to ask the fraud peddling guest a question, he began by recounting how he found Coast and how much he loved Art Bell, he said 'I wouldn't be calling in if not for Art Bell', Jorch chuckles and adds humbly 'I wouldn't be here if not for Art Bell'.  Roland has no sense of humor, he carries on 'I like the guests that Coast has'.  It was very conspicuous that he didn't say a word about George, he obviously thinks Jorch is a shoddy replacement for Art.

this guest is pathetic, he glommed on to some old man in Germany who is a modern Nostradamus according to him, has been in direct contact with extra-terrestrials since he was 5 years old and has thousands of photos he took himself of flying saucers. George who rarely questions a guest with any objectivity or skepticism did ask the guest about this German guy's ex-wife who claimed that he was a total fraud, he built elaborate models of UFO's which he then presented as real photographs of UFO's and a son who also says he's full of shit.  The guest's response was evasive and of course Jorch let it go.

ItsOver

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on February 20, 2020, 10:09:09 PM
Made me laugh out loud, thanks. About the only thing that can make me laugh anymore is this thread.

"Yeeewww are welcome."  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on February 21, 2020, 12:14:52 AM
I recall when Noory took over as main c2cam host 18 years ago, soon after he was selling a CD with him reading lots of short stories.
Thats where that Poe reading came from he has used hundreds of times since the CD probably didn't sell well...
Thanks Morgus.  I thought you'd know.  Jorch should have just thrown it in the dumpster.  Since he plays it on C2C, I guess it's the same thing.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 21, 2020, 03:44:51 AM
the commercials are as bad as the show.  Jorch read a commercial for the conservative TV channel Newsmax, the tag line read by Jorch lifelessly 'Newsmax .... It's great to watch'.  I wonder how long it took them to come up with that slogan. Maybe it's Jorch's creative genius and he added the slogan on his own.

then there's the snake oil Carnivora, a woman who sounds like every dingbat who calls in to Coast, retells us how she coughed 24 hours a day, for years, she went to THREE different pulmonologists and they all told her not to do anything. Of course they did, because there was nothing wrong with her other than being a nutbag who invented a cough for herself.  She turned to Carnivora and within a week her cough disappeared, placebo obviously.

For a while now, I’ve been entertained by the new iteration of the Super Beets ad. It seems they now make it in chewable form. They’re chewable and they’re soft. Soft Chews, in fact. But Joorch quite distinctly pronounces it ‘Soft Shoes’. “I take my Super Beet Soft Shoes with me everywhere I go.” It conjures odd images in my head of Joorch as a vegetable-hybrid Mr Bojangles, hoofing his way round the country: a new element for his Live Stage Show Thudder Events.

Black wig, a ragged shirt and baggy pants
The old Super Beet Soft Shoe....

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 21, 2020, 05:24:45 AM
For a while now, I’ve been entertained by the new iteration of the Super Beets ad. It seems they now make it in chewable form. They’re chewable and they’re soft. Soft Chews, in fact. But Joorch quite distinctly pronounces it ‘Soft Shoes’. “I take my Super Beet Soft Shoes with me everywhere I go.” It conjures odd images in my head of Joorch as a vegetable-hybrid Mr Bojangles, hoofing his way round the country: a new element for his Live Stage Show Thudder Events.

Black wig, a ragged shirt and baggy pants
The old Super Beet Soft Shoe....
Heh, heh, heh... I still laugh when Jorch says "go to noorybeets.com," or is he really saying "go to noorybeats.com"  Eh, I don't think so.  Thanks for putting that image in my head, Jorch.  ;)

Morgus

Last night during the interview with Michael Horn (spokesman for Billy Meier) it was mentioned that a big asteroid might hit earth on April 13, 2029.
Noory immediately observed April 13 was the day Art Bell died...

expat

Quote from: Morgus on February 21, 2020, 04:23:02 PM
Last night during the interview with Michael Horn (spokesman for Billy Meier) it was mentioned that a big asteroid might hit earth on April 13, 2029.

These people crack me up. They think they'll be admired for being "in the know", but the predictions are so far in the future that they're quite safe from being called out when it doesn't happen.

I mean, is anybody going to wake up on 14th April 2029 and say "Just a sec, wasn't yesterday supposed to have been the day of the Big One, according to Michael Horn 9 years ago"???

FXX

Right because by then the guy probably would have made about all he could from this so called doomsday prophecy and would be long gone.

The Coast guests are as hapless as the host and producer. One of the stations I listen to Coast on plays old Noory hosted Coast shows on the weekend leading into the live show. Last weekend I listened to part of a show that originally aired soon after the 2016 presidential election - the guest was one of these financial know-it-all types and he was adamant, more than adamant actually, he told the audience to sell all their stocks, a huge crash was coming and if you don't listen to him you'll be very sorry. 

of course he was completely wrong and had anybody taken his advice they'd have lost out huge. they're never right about anything -  politics, economy, technology and most of all about 'disclosure' -  going back to the 90's every UFO 'researcher' that's ever been on Coast has said disclosure is just around the corner, they have been preparing us and it will be any day now. Hoagland is kook science's 'Larry the Trombone Player' - anybody remember him from The Gong Show?

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 21, 2020, 11:39:39 PM
The Coast guests are as hapless as the host and producer. One of the stations I listen to Coast on plays old Noory hosted Coast shows on the weekend leading into the live show. Last weekend I listened to part of a show that originally aired soon after the 2016 presidential election - the guest was one of these financial know-it-all types and he was adamant, more than adamant actually, he told the audience to sell all their stocks, a huge crash was coming and if you don't listen to him you'll be very sorry. 

of course he was completely wrong and had anybody taken his advice they'd have lost out huge. they're never right about anything -  politics, economy, technology and most of all about 'disclosure' -  going back to the 90's every UFO 'researcher' that's ever been on Coast has said disclosure is just around the corner, they have been preparing us and it will be any day now. Hoagland is kook science's 'Larry the Trombone Player' - anybody remember him from The Gong Show?
A person could make a mint by using a contrarion to C2C investment philosophy.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 21, 2020, 11:39:39 PM
One of the stations I listen to Coast on plays old Noory hosted Coast shows on the weekend leading into the live show.

Known in our house as The Least Worst Of George Noory.

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 22, 2020, 06:02:48 PM
Known in our house as The Least Worst Of George Noory.
I always laugh when the announcer says "the best of Jorch Noory."  Are those the shows that provide the most laughs due to bumbling Jorch?

Juan

Maybe George was tense and left early because he’d heard the 7/11 was down to one turkee sammich, and he didn’t want to have to buy pizza rolls.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on February 22, 2020, 07:01:43 PM
Maybe George was tense and left early because he’d heard the 7/11 was down to one turkee sammich, and he didn’t want to have to buy pizza rolls.
Heh, heh...those pizza roll attack flashbacks must be a bitch.  Jorch must have a hotline to Apu at his favorite 7/11.  :)

Allo!
Thinking am i about Mr.Davenport...I'm mixing ire with worship,here..he refused to log in my report of seeing an object from hiway 410,now US12,when i was seven or nine.
He claimed i made up my real name to ridicule his.
I used to discuss oldish zine stories at the 'Last Exit'coffee house at location 2 on U.way,Seattle,before he inherited enough skratch to buy the missle base near
'Spook-A-Loo..{aka'Spokane'}..he assumes i'm a scitzoid looser.Funny,i was studying when an infant,my Pater & Mater took me to the weather office at McAlester(sp?)field to see an press briefing by Kenneth Arnold,who landed there with stories of seeing objects flying in the cascade range about 2000 mph.
Once,i had an mimeo sheet...

i got in late so missed Hoagie's show, tuned in to Coast, Lisa Garr ....... nope, she and the imbecilic sasquatch hunter are unlistenable.

so I put on Clyde Lewis lol  what a gasbag he is. I swear he uses a web generator tool to come up with topics -

Column 1 -  Current event in the news
Column 2 -  Shadowy elite organization
Column 3 -  A scientific law/theory
Column 4 -  Well known scifi movie or TV show
Column 5 -  Historical event
Column 6 -  Religious scripture
Column 7 -  Personal event in his life

Click 'Generate Tonight's Show Topic' button and voila

whatever comes up he spend 3 hours riffing on -  dude just babbles on and on building imaginary conspiracies, it takes some skill but you can tell he has no real idea what he's talking about unlike a Steven Quayle who is batshit nuts but he's put a lot of time and research into his 'craft'. Clyde just wings it.

The absolute greatest weaver and babbler of way out there conspiracy theories was a guy from Toronto called 'The Spaceman' whose show was called 'A View from Space', it aired on Saturday or Sunday nights. There's no way he could have written his show, it was 3 hours of just him alone doing free style conspiracy story telling. I was amazed how he could cobble together this shit week after week. I forgot about him, hadn't listened in a couple of years, went looking for him on the web, he died, pretty young too. Turned out he was just a weird off air radio station tech employee and people around the station noticed how weird he was and somebody suggested giving him a few hours a week on the air because it was so off the wall. He lost the show before he died, he got into the Jewish thing, and it sparked a big controversy.

He actually got me reading more history because he'd be talking about these conspiracies that date back centuries and millennia and I knew he was full of shit but I did want to know whether there was any truth at all to what he spewed.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 23, 2020, 05:39:33 AM
The absolute greatest weaver and babbler of way out there conspiracy theories was a guy from Toronto called 'The Spaceman' whose show was called 'A View from Space', it aired on Saturday or Sunday nights. There's no way he could have written his show, it was 3 hours of just him alone doing free style conspiracy story telling. I was amazed how he could cobble together this shit week after week. I forgot about him, hadn't listened in a couple of years, went looking for him on the web, he died, pretty young too. Turned out he was just a weird off air radio station tech employee and people around the station noticed how weird he was and somebody suggested giving him a few hours a week on the air because it was so off the wall. He lost the show before he died, he got into the Jewish thing, and it sparked a big controversy.

He actually got me reading more history because he'd be talking about these conspiracies that date back centuries and millennia and I knew he was full of shit but I did want to know whether there was any truth at all to what he spewed.

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard a couple of his shows in the past. His firing sounded pretty bogus. There is no free speech in Canada. Jews control it all and if you’re even critical of Israel they’ll slap an antisemitism charge on you and deplatform you. They did the same thing to David Icke there and he made a documentary about it. Disgusting abuse of power. ::)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2020, 09:50:32 AM
Jews control it all

We're hitting levels of edge that shouldn't even be possible.

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 23, 2020, 05:39:33 AM

The "Spaceman" and his "view from Space" was really good.  Mae Brussel length and theorizing- though some different conclusions as to who 'they' are. I was surprised he was allowed to talk in Canada since they don't have free speech and it was a commercial radio station. Eventually the ADL, I think, got him and soon after, as you mentioned, he died at a youngish age.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 23, 2020, 01:47:02 PM
The "Spaceman" and his "view from Space" was really good.  Mae Brussel length and theorizing- though some different conclusions as to who 'they' are. I was surprised he was allowed to talk in Canada since they don't have free speech and it was a commercial radio station. Eventually the ADL, I think, got him and soon after, as you mentioned, he died at a youngish age.

I’m surprised they haven’t gone after Richard Syrett too.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2020, 02:51:22 PM
I’m surprised they haven’t gone after Richard Syrett too.
Heaven forfend. In all seriousness though, Syrett is one of the few good hosts, in my opinion the best.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 23, 2020, 05:44:02 PM
Heaven forfend. In all seriousness though, Syrett is one of the few good hosts, in my opinion the best.

Totally agree! If they don’t hand the C2C reins to him then they’re as dumb as George Noory. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2020, 05:50:36 PM
Totally agree! If they don’t hand the C2C reins to him then they’re as dumb as George Noory. ;)
In all seriousness I hope Tommee is ok and it is not serious. I don't want disease or health trouble for anyone but sometimes I think the C2C folks are like these folks:

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 23, 2020, 06:15:50 PM
In all seriousness I hope Tommee is ok and it is not serious. I don't want disease or health trouble for anyone but sometimes I think the C2C folks are like these folks:

Of course! I hope so too. I didn’t even know he was unwell. I hardly ever listen anymore.

I even have a modicum of repect for George for keeping it going as long as he has and expanding into the History channel and such.

albrecht

Quote from: username on February 23, 2020, 07:42:02 PM

Ha ha. But cynicism, though sometime seems appropriate, I think can lead to personal destruction. Or at least societal- which could be the goal, after all.

As an aside this is my personal best version in the franchise. It captured something. Maybe something absurd? Maybe something real? But was "amazing," to crib a term.  ;) Watched with people in the aisles, folks smoking, and the energy was, again, amazing. Like it was "real." Almost as good as "Red Dawn." Though that was, at the time, more a shock for younger viewers- and older who had installed Red Scare in their blood. First PG-13 movie, I think?, and that is "interesting"  and to use actors and actresses already popular into ultra violence. (Now it seems tame, of course.) And to think the psy-op (haha) follow up, "Red Skorpion" didn't work even WITH the "interesting" financing and "location" problems" ? I miss SOF back when it was real....