• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on February 06, 2020, 04:46:34 PM
God save us, tonight it's another female "intuition expert".

Are there any male “intuition experts?” ???

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on February 06, 2020, 04:29:49 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath. Remember many years ago he said that he was going to set up some kind of "Foundation" and "healthcare plan" for listeners down on their luck, poor, or in need.

Yep, I remember. Nothing ever came of those initiatives. For shame, George!

Quote from: albrecht on February 03, 2020, 04:59:48 PM
The guest Tim Cohen was a hoot and because Norry likely imbibed, like many an American during the Superbowl he allowed guest to prattle on with this amazingly bizarre theories. Fun times: everything from Biblical prophecy, ancient dinosaur bones on Mars- and on comets-, Prince Charles is the Anti-Christ, age of the earth, man lived with dinosaurs, numerology/Kabbalah, and I forget what else.  Norry didn't ask many questions and, as normal, no intelligent ones or push-back on anything.

I'm sorry I missed this. These are the only C2C shows that are entertaining these days. When it is the regular boring guests (95%), the only entertainment comes from George saying stupid things, and he and Tommy taking passive/aggressive swipes at each other.

Years ago when I still had a tv, there was an early cable show called: Crisis Counselor. The star was an actual family counselor, who featured his most interesting cases. The family members  were played by actors, because back in those days, real people would never demean themselves on tv. My dream tv show would be Tommy and George for real, on Crisis Counsulor. They could explore their competitiveness and perhaps their homo-erotic feelings for each other. Tommy's fiance ceased being mentioned by George some time past. Before that George mentioned her all the time. Perhaps she is pet-sitting George's dog at the C2C studio in Hawaii.

The second guest, another bored hausfrau from the Midwest babbling woo nonsense - she is humble, she says she merely helps 'scientists' who study the afterlife, she is only a researcher and a medium. she and George discussed some man named Victor who according to both these nitwits is on the cutting edge of afterlife research. like George last night with his appeal to authority/expertise in Edgar Mitchell the astronaut this woman tells us this Victor character is legit because he is a lawyer. i always laugh at people who are impressed by lawyers, it's about the easiest professional school to get into, there are many law schools who will admit anybody with a pulse who can come up with the tuition fee.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 06, 2020, 01:18:58 AM
Love this guest the dude from SETI, Jorch is disseminating his usual idiocy and SETI guy is telling Jorch politely he's full of shit. Jorch claims that the old astronaut Edgar Mitchell heard from high ranking government people that ET's had visited Earth, Jorch tells the guest that's great evidence. SETI guy tells him it's terrible evidence, it's hearsay and  the guy being an astronaut isn't really important. Jorch counters this with 'why would somebody try to trick him by giving him false information?' Then Jorch says the best evidence for extra terrestrials is that we as a species, our greatest scientists, don't know how we got here. SETI guy laughs and tells Jorch there is a ton of evidence everywhere on the planet that records the evolution of life. True we don't know for certain how the the first building blocks of life started but the prevailing idea of life beginning in some warm pond teeming with chemicals is supported by scientists everywhere.

And a moron in a radio studio in Los Angeles believes life began by little green men who landed here billions of years ago and still visit every now and then.
It didn't seem adversarial.  The guest was perfectly in line.  Nothing wrong with a good argument now and then.  Many scientists are fundamentalist Christians, too.  Just sayin'.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 06, 2020, 03:07:16 AM
LOL he's such a fucking clown, the same stories, the same bullshit over and over. He just told his guest about the mass consciousness intention experiments he conducts live on Coast when there are hurricanes or other natural disasters. Jorch lol taking credit for pushing hurricanes away from land and without any shame whatsoever proclaims 'we're successful 9 times out 10, it works'

could he be that simple that he truly believes he and his sad sack listeners are controlling the weather? I don't believe he does, I believe bullshit just pours out him without any thought about anything - he's basically a robot, a robot of very low intelligence.
More likely, he suffers from delusions, although I agree about the clown part.  And it makes sense that he would hate clowns.  Because psychologists say that people hate most in others what secretly bothers them about themselves.  Just sayin'.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on February 06, 2020, 03:00:30 PM
I think Norry's problem happens when he is reading more than when he is just talking. I'm not sure but he seems to have "interesting" pronunciations when he reads the 3x5 cards during the "news" segment of the show. Example from last night was after saying "retailers" correctly he resorted to "retoilers" in the next sentence. I guess that he doesn't read the cards Tommee gives him and it is a first read on air, which messes him up.
I'll never forget when I figured out 6 years ago that these shows don't have dress rehearsals.  I was shocked.  What the Hell these people do all day.

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on February 06, 2020, 08:40:50 PM
I'm sorry I missed this. These are the only C2C shows that are entertaining these days. When it is the regular boring guests (95%), the only entertainment comes from George saying stupid things, and he and Tommy taking passive/aggressive swipes at each other.

Years ago when I still had a tv, there was an early cable show called: Crisis Counselor. The star was an actual family counselor, who featured his most interesting cases. The family members  were played by actors, because back in those days, real people would never demean themselves on tv. My dream tv show would be Tommy and George for real, on Crisis Counsulor. They could explore their competitiveness and perhaps their homo-erotic feelings for each other. Tommy's fiance ceased being mentioned by George some time past. Before that George mentioned her all the time. Perhaps she is pet-sitting George's dog at the C2C studio in Hawaii.
You just had to bring it up.  How awkward.  I mean, George deserves awkward.  But Tom doesn't deserve awkward.  What if the engagement was called off. 

Jojo

WTF IS THIS "WE'LL FIND A WAY OF FORGIVING" SONG?

George.  Only one person needs forgiving, and it has to be you.  Anything some woman ever may have done to you, you started it, guaranteed.

And, what kind of man airs dirty laundry like that.  Some woman out there presumably, and it is not a stretch to infer this, some woman out there now may feel that you have made her look bad.  Because she needs forgiveness.  Gees, the world doesn't even know her & now she's an adulteress.  Or some other sinful thing.  I wonder what it could be.  Why not just tell us, what did she do to you?

First, airing dirty laundry in the form of "Send in the Clowns".  Now, airing dirty laundry saying she requires forgiveness.

And, that stupid song tonight where some guy supposedly "apologizes" but then in the same breath asks for love is a song that's okay for a skirt-hiding toddler but not okay for adults.  Adults wait for forgiveness to be extended prior to making new demands. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on February 07, 2020, 03:23:50 AM... Because psychologists say that people hate most in others what secretly bothers them about themselves.  Just sayin'.

Quote from: Jojo on February 07, 2020, 03:43:11 AM
...First, airing dirty laundry in the form of "Send in the Clowns".  Now, airing dirty laundry saying she requires forgiveness.

And, that stupid song tonight where some guy supposedly "apologizes" but then in the same breath asks for love is a song that's okay for a skirt-hiding toddler but not okay for adults.  Adults wait for forgiveness to be extended prior to making new demands.
Right.

ItsOver

"The songs!  The songs!  They're bad, bad,... misogynistic!  They're out to get me!"

expat

Another face-palm moment as George reports the fungi that have been found in the reactor at Chernobyl:

George: "These fungi are imperious to radiation..."  (I think he said "fungee" too)

I intuited that Susanne Wilson was going to be monumentally boring and I was right. I'm having business cards printed describing me as a professional intuitive right now.

Dateline

Norry!  You need comedic relief right now!

What is the Christian response to the Corona virus?

God gets it!

Dateline

Quote from: Jojo on February 07, 2020, 03:43:11 AM
WTF IS THIS "WE'LL FIND A WAY OF FORGIVING" SONG?

George.  Only one person needs forgiving, and it has to be you.  Anything some woman ever may have done to you, you started it, guaranteed.

And, what kind of man airs dirty laundry like that.  Some woman out there presumably, and it is not a stretch to infer this, some woman out there now may feel that you have made her look bad.  Because she needs forgiveness.  Gees, the world doesn't even know her & now she's an adulteress.  Or some other sinful thing.  I wonder what it could be.  Why not just tell us, what did she do to you?

First, airing dirty laundry in the form of "Send in the Clowns".  Now, airing dirty laundry saying she requires forgiveness.

The question is what did he do to her?

albrecht

Sun-Tsu guy was ok. An interesting work and very influential..Norry asked same questions n made same comments several times, "of course." The lady guest I think made some subtle, unnoticed digs at Norry when he did same repeat questions with her. Also when he, sorta, hit on her. "I didnt know you were married," or something.

Wasn't paying close attention so can't quote. Was trying to figure out way to compress recycling to fit into can. They should have revised schedules for Christmas, Superbowl, 4th etc where it builds up.

NoMoreNoory

It might be worth keeping tabs on Joorch’s attempts to pronounce ‘Buttigieg’. Not the easiest of names, I grant you. It’s not John Adams, is it? But the other night, he came up with ‘Booty-ledge’, which I’m pretty certain is not right.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 06, 2020, 03:07:16 AM
LOL he's such a fucking clown, the same stories, the same bullshit over and over. He just told his guest about the mass consciousness intention experiments he conducts live on Coast when there are hurricanes or other natural disasters. Jorch lol taking credit for pushing hurricanes away from land and without any shame whatsoever proclaims 'we're successful 9 times out 10, it works'

could he be that simple that he truly believes he and his sad sack listeners are controlling the weather? I don't believe he does, I believe bullshit just pours out him without any thought about anything - he's basically a robot, a robot of very low intelligence.

I think there was a baffled pause, with the guest pointing out that pushing a storm away from Florida might not be good news for places like the Bahamas.
Joorch also launched into one of his bullshit anecdotes. This one about how he used to get jobs he wanted. He said he’d go to bed thinking about the guy doing the hiring and firing and ‘put little thoughts into him’. (I don’t frankly need to think about Joorch putting anything into anyone at bedtime) In the morning, said Joorch, the phone would ring and it would be the guy offering him the job he wanted. Just like that.

NoMoreNoory

Mr Lobo again tonight. Nothing against him. I kind of wonder why Joorch bothers, though, because he achieves nothing beyond parading his complete ignorance of the horror genre. But it’s an easy gig for Mr Lazy. He starts by reciting an arbitrary list of ten movies he found online somewhere, including The Thing, Carrie, Night Of The Living Dead, and it’s obvious that Noory knows nothing about any of them.

I don't mind Mr. Lobo but you know Jorch does zero show prep so we're going to get the same interview he's done several times with the guest. It's 50/50 whether Rod Serling gets mentioned which of course always is followed up by Jorch tellling everyone he's a friend of Billy Mumy's.

Even by Coast's low standards I don't get the point of having Peter Davenport on, his UFO reports are plain stupid, nobody who reports an incident has a cell phone which is hard to believe in this day and age. Pete sounds more decrepit every week, tonight he described something 'it's like putting on a freshly starched shirt for a Friday night barn dance George' LOL i still think this entire thing may be an elaborate inside joke.

Mr. Lobo mentioned the death of Kirk Douglas this week at the age of 103 and named some of his big movies. Jorch added 'He was in the movie The Champion. I want to rent that one.'

George thinks it's 1985 and he's going to the video rental emporium.

George: Hello is this Blockbuster? I got your number from the phone book.

Blockbuster Guy: Yes it is. Blockbuster Cement Supply. What can I do for you?

George: I'd like to reserve the movie The Champion with Kirk Douglas for Friday night.

Blockbuster Guy: Sir we don't rent movies we're a cement company.

George: Oh, by any chance do you have the number of the movie rental Blockbuster store?

Blockbuster Guy: I think they went out of business 20 years ago.

George: Jeeze.

Open phones, time for George to get up close and personal with his listeners. He's a man of the people.

An old gentleman named Ed called in, he's 86. Of course Jorch asked him his age.

then this

George: What did you do for a living?

Ed: I was an electrical systems engineer.

George: Did you have to go to school for that?

Jorch thinks everybody is like the crackpots and scam artists he features on his show, you don't need a degree from an accredited college, you just 'research' stuff on the Internet and read some books. 

FXX

So any comments on the sad pack on open lines earlier which apparently what the regular callers  are referred to on here.

aldousburbank

“Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Club Hearts Band”
Jeez

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 08, 2020, 12:52:19 AM
I don't mind Mr. Lobo but you know Jorch does zero show prep so we're going to get the same interview he's done several times with the guest. It's 50/50 whether Rod Serling gets mentioned which of course always is followed up by Jorch tellling everyone he's a friend of Billy Mumy's.

Even by Coast's low standards I don't get the point of having Peter Davenport on, his UFO reports are plain stupid, nobody who reports an incident has a cell phone which is hard to believe in this day and age. Pete sounds more decrepit every week, tonight he described something 'it's like putting on a freshly starched shirt for a Friday night barn dance George' LOL i still think this entire thing may be an elaborate inside joke.
I enjoy Mr. Lobo but, of course, Jorch was a complete zero.  Completely clueless about horror or scifi movies.  At least we got to find out a number of times about Jorch not liking "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen." ::) And we can no doubt thank Tommee for handing Jorch that top ten list of movies.

I did get a chuckle when the lady caller thought she was the first to bring up "The Thing" and started rattling on about it, after Mr. Lobo had discussed it in the first hour of the show.  I don't think Jorch even noticed and it took Mr. Lobo to tactfully mention that "yes, it was a good sci fi movie," like they'd discussed earlier that night.  Mr. Lobo may as well have subjected himself to an interview at a dementia facility.                             

Jojo

Quote from: expat on February 07, 2020, 08:37:55 AM
Another face-palm moment as George reports the fungi that have been found in the reactor at Chernobyl:

George: "These fungi are imperious to radiation..."  (I think he said "fungee" too)

I intuited that Susanne Wilson was going to be monumentally boring and I was right. I'm having business cards printed describing me as a professional intuitive right now.
Yes, it was imperious and fungee.  These things wouldn't happen if shows did a practice run during the day.  Why should a radio show do any less prep than a live stage show?

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 08, 2020, 02:12:10 AM
Mr. Lobo mentioned the death of Kirk Douglas this week at the age of 103 and named some of his big movies. Jorch added 'He was in the movie The Champion. I want to rent that one.' ...

I just don't understand the lack of reverence.  Someone died, & George wants the t-shirt....

Quote from: FXX on February 08, 2020, 05:16:54 AM
So any comments on the sad pack on open lines earlier which apparently what the regular callers  are referred to on here.

I honestly think it was pre-fabricated, pre-recorded from another episode.  Because I've heard him ask those same cringe questions many times before.  He reduced Annie to "O, Susana" from like 1930 and he began a new topic with, "Barry, you're African American.  You'll know about this.."  Some things are okay to think but not as alright to say to others.  It was all the same dang callers, too. At least the guy who shouts, "Geortch!" reduces him volume more lately.  But always the same callers.  I really miss that once per month limit.  George is good about monitoring the "first time caller" line.  He constantly challenges repeaters who get through on that line.  But why not use that line 80% of the time.

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 08, 2020, 06:53:44 AM
“Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Club Hearts Band”
Jeez

What do you expect?  It's Valentine's Day and he's playing love songs about clownish partners and finding new ways of "forgiving".  Although I'm 99% sure any forgiving worth mentioning is not going to be done by him, but by the other party.  As well as songs demanding love even before forgiveness or reconciliation in the same song is offered.  So, not the best seasonal mix of emotions.

Although that song about being in love with someone who doesn't know he exists was interesting.  Gee, from clowns and forgiveness to rebound infatuation.  Very mature.

Does anyone else suspect George is a narcissist?  It's a hard call, since he seems so nice and cares about people, etc...   But he turns every topic, no matter how short, back onto his life, himself, and his world.   You can't even tell him anything without him replying, "Oh?  Well, my favorite blah blah that blah blah."  At first, I just thought it was friendliness.  Then I rationalized that the host has to fill time.  But after 7 years, I think I see that he just wants to turn the attention onto himself.  If he needs that much attention, perhaps he is in the wrong line of work.  Because as a host, he is supposed to help others get attention.  Yet whenever a poignant remark is made, George just treats is dismissively by ignoring it and introducing a new topic.

-----

Believe it or not, back in the day (and for those who are grand-fathered in), a lot of technical jobs did not require college, just apprenticeships or hands-on experience.  Including electrical engineers.  Kind of surprising.  Those days seem to be gone, as Big Publications steal money from students by requiring college textbooks that require hundreds and hundreds of dollars per quarter and expire so fast they have little to no re-sale value.  In a new world where many job positions now require a college certificate just to greet people and answer the phones.  In some states, you have to pay about $1000 to get college credentials just to change the briefs on elderly people, help them up, and clean and groom them.  Other states still allow employer-provided training.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on February 08, 2020, 07:37:21 AM
I enjoy Mr. Lobo but, of course, Jorch was a complete zero.  Completely clueless about horror or scifi movies.  At least we got to find out a number of times about Jorch not liking "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen." ::) And we can no doubt thank Tommee for handing Jorch that top ten list of movies.

I did get a chuckle when the lady caller thought she was the first to bring up "The Thing" and started rattling on about it, after Mr. Lobo had discussed it in the first hour of the show.  I don't think Jorch even noticed and it took Mr. Lobo to tactfully mention that "yes, it was a good sci fi movie," like they'd discussed earlier that night.  Mr. Lobo may as well have subjected himself to an interview at a dementia facility.                           
UFOs are sneaky.  I've seen 3.  The first time, you could only see it going one way down a freeway, as it was parked on a bluff.  In order to photograph it, I would have had to get off at the next exit, backtrack, and then come forward down the freeway again, hoping for place safe to pull over.

The 2nd time, one flew over a lake.  By the time I would have gotten out of the water, dried off my hands and found the phone, it would have been gone.

The 3rd time, it seemed as fast as lightening.  There was no time to grab anything.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on February 08, 2020, 04:36:54 PM
Yes, it was imperious and fungee.  These things wouldn't happen if shows did a practice run during the day.  Why should a radio show do any less prep than a live stage show?
I just don't understand the lack of reverence.  Someone died, & George wants the t-shirt....
I honestly think it was pre-fabricated, pre-recorded from another episode.  Because I've heard him ask those same cringe questions many times before.  He reduced Annie to "O, Susana" from like 1930 and he began a new topic with, "Barry, you're African American.  You'll know about this.."  Some things are okay to think but not as alright to say to others.  It was all the same dang callers, too. At least the guy who shouts, "Geortch!" reduces him volume more lately.  But always the same callers.  I really miss that once per month limit.  George is good about monitoring the "first time caller" line.  He constantly challenges repeaters who get through on that line.  But why not use that line 80% of the time.
What do you expect?  It's Valentine's Day and he's playing love songs about clownish partners and finding new ways of "forgiving".  Although I'm 99% sure any forgiving worth mentioning is not going to be done by him, but by the other party.  As well as songs demanding love even before forgiveness or reconciliation in the same song is offered.  So, not the best seasonal mix of emotions.

Although that song about being in love with someone who doesn't know he exists was interesting.  Gee, from clowns and forgiveness to rebound infatuation.  Very mature.

Does anyone else suspect George is a narcissist?  It's a hard call, since he seems so nice and cares about people, etc...   But he turns every topic, no matter how short, back onto his life, himself, and his world.   You can't even tell him anything without him replying, "Oh?  Well, my favorite blah blah that blah blah."  At first, I just thought it was friendliness.  Then I rationalized that the host has to fill time.  But after 7 years, I think I see that he just wants to turn the attention onto himself.  If he needs that much attention, perhaps he is in the wrong line of work.  Because as a host, he is supposed to help others get attention.  Yet whenever a poignant remark is made, George just treats is dismissively by ignoring it and introducing a new topic.

-----

Believe it or not, back in the day (and for those who are grand-fathered in), a lot of technical jobs did not require college, just apprenticeships or hands-on experience.  Including electrical engineers.  Kind of surprising.  Those days seem to be gone, as Big Publications steal money from students by requiring college textbooks that require hundreds and hundreds of dollars per quarter and expire so fast they have little to no re-sale value.  In a new world where many job positions now require a college certificate just to greet people and answer the phones.  In some states, you have to pay about $1000 to get college credentials just to change the briefs on elderly people, help them up, and clean and groom them.  Other states still allow employer-provided training.

That fucker owes you! >:(

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on February 07, 2020, 02:09:46 PM
The question is what did he do to her?
It's a shame that divorces are handed out like expensive candy.  I think every divorce case should list the reasons for the inability to get a long.  But, the only records one can locate are just financial.  So, we'll never know what happened in his divorces.  As far as anything more current, he probably just did his usual:  Dismissiveness/superficiality ("Annie, is there a ukalale on your knee?"), commenting on the attractiveness of many women ("I see incredibly gorgeous LA women all the time"), flirting with married or otherwise taken women ("Is she as neat as I think she is?"), leading someone on (Candy, as well as your acquaintance I gather), retaliating heavy-handedly for perceived offenses, making fun of, belittling (So, this is Houston's finest?"), demanding, referring to old girlfriends (Insiders chat), causing fear, capitalizing on weakness (One of his books), and any other ideas?  All the good deeds in the world do not justify poor behavior.  A minimum moral standard is essential.