George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Ruteger

"alphabetic bigot." That's clever and witty - unlike "Dave."

Quote from: George Drooly on August 07, 2013, 02:14:25 AM
Why the hell can't George properly pronounce any words containing the letter "r"?

Poorwaffel
Thirater

etc.

Dude is an alphabetic bigot

Cynnie

Quote from: Art_s Farts on August 07, 2013, 03:56:32 PM
MV,

At the moment, you are being quoted by a user who calls himself "Dave Norrie" on the C2C Facebook page.

You people are rockstars!!

Shockwave

Dave really sensors Art Bell's name on the show Art created?  Class.

Hope we get more prank calls. :)

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Ruteger on August 07, 2013, 05:59:24 PM
"alphabetic bigot." That's clever and witty - unlike "Dave."

Yes, that darn Carnivora ad with poorfull immune system or whatever he says...

And the one that really drives me nuts in when he tries to say "open lines" and says "and dose famuss Friday night into Shaturday muhrning ohhnpen lines".

Quote from: Shockwave on August 07, 2013, 06:30:20 PM
Dave really sensors Art Bell's name on the show Art created?  Class.

Hope we get more prank calls. :)

That's the scuttlebutt, Bub.  Art's name did the 23 skidoo.

Digitech

Do you remember when Art hosted the show, callers would often mention how difficult it was to get on the air? How they would call and redial, but just couldn't get through because of the volume of calls the show received?

When Art hosted, there wasn't really a need for George's rules about one call per week/month, because you couldn't get through that many times if you tried.

To me, the fact that Bateman is getting through every show is another indicator of how much the audience for C2C has dropped.

ItsOver

Quote from: Digitech on August 07, 2013, 06:44:19 PM

....To me, the fact that Bateman is getting through every show is another indicator of how much the audience for C2C has dropped.

Bateman's doing a commendable job with Dave.  If nothing else, it's a nice break from Bill in West Hartford.  Maybe Bateman should go with an intro like "this is Bob, from East L.A., I'm a Druid and an amateur dairy farmer...."

Shockwave

I remember when he first took over for Art he would say "I kid you not" a lot... 

I miss art Bell's open lines. I recall sometimes he did them in the middle of the weak. It was cool. They were my favorite shows to listen to.

Instead we get Ummphen Winees with Dave Noorie on c2c.

Shockwave

Call yourself Jameson... a reference to Phil Hendrie's Johnson Jameson.  :-) 

Quote from: Shockwave on August 07, 2013, 07:16:10 PM

He cant post what name he will use. They are probably reading the forum lol. IF anyone gets on they need to keep it together.

Renaldo

I found a baby pic of Dave. Thought you'd all like to see it.

bateman

Renaldo

I think that's his hot aunt holding him up.

Usagi

Bateman (or anyone else who has gotten through) -

What's the experience like with the screeners?  What do they ask and what can one expect?

bateman

Quote from: Usagi on August 07, 2013, 08:50:53 PM
Bateman (or anyone else who has gotten through) -

What's the experience like with the screeners?  What do they ask and what can one expect?

So easy. Just be friendly, give them your a name, where you're from, and bring up a sort of salient point- just sound engaged & interested in the subject matter.

I would definitely recommend is calling the numbers in advance so they're in your phone, then just keep hitting redial until you get through. I seem to have better luck with the 818 numbers.

QuoteWestern US:   1-800-618-8255 (toll free)
Eastern US:   1-800-825-5033 (toll free)
First time caller:   1-818-501-4721
Wild Card line:   1-818-501-4109

One other thing: they don't open the lines until 1:35 or so, so when you hear them throw out the numbers, CALL IMMEDIATELY. They're gonna load up that call board fast; once they have enough callers for the rest of the hour, you're gonna be locked out.

Good luck, and godspeed.

Usagi

Quote from: bateman on August 07, 2013, 08:58:12 PM

Good luck, and godspeed.

Sadly, I can't try tonight.  In fact, I'm never really able to call in.  I'm lucky I get away with only eye-rolls for listening after saying 'shove it' for so many years.  Even so, I would never stop getting ragged on if I were caught calling in to C2C... even for a prank.  My shame would be too great.  Seppuku would be the only viable option.

Buuuut... La familia is going out of town to visit in-laws next week for several days.  Mwahaha.  I think I'd love to talk to Dave at least once before I abandon him forever, if you know what I mean.  I can barely hold back the laughter listening to you, though.  I think I'm going to have to do some rehearsal!

bateman

Quote from: Usagi on August 07, 2013, 09:15:54 PM
Sadly, I can't try tonight.  In fact, I'm never really able to call in.  I'm lucky I get away with only eye-rolls for listening after saying 'shove it' for so many years.  Even so, I would never stop getting ragged on if I were caught calling in to C2C... even for a prank.  My shame would be too great.  Seppuku would be the only viable option.

Buuuut... La familia is going out of town to visit in-laws next week for several days.  Mwahaha.  I think I'd love to talk to Dave at least once before I abandon him forever, if you know what I mean.  I can barely hold back the laughter listening to you, though.  I think I'm going to have to do some rehearsal!

EXCUSES, EXCUSES. BATTLESTATIONS, EVERYONE.

Quote from: Shockwave on August 07, 2013, 07:16:10 PM
No, that would not be a good idea  >:(

Quote from: bateman on August 07, 2013, 07:05:05 PM
I need reinforcements tonight.

I'm in, but not tonight for sure. I've been trying to formulate a passable bullshit story about communication with the ghost of Heinrich Himmler.
Maybe ask him if he has ever heard of a clairvoyant by the name of FortRock. That's a freebie though if anyone wants it.

All of those quotes posted made me both laugh and cringe. Typical Dave. Also during the secret bases interviews again he also did one of his "I was just going to say..." statements right after the guest made a comment, as if suggesting that he thought of it. He does this all the time. It really is difficult to get through an entire show these days, even when there are guests I'm actually interested in listening to just thanks to Noory.

IartC2C

Fuckinggggg emerging scathing artists(?) suckkkkkk!

hosehead

Lead in on KFI with Tim Conway Jr...  BIFERNATED PROGRAM. The guy is a moron.

Rocker107

Quote from: hosehead on August 07, 2013, 10:51:50 PM
Lead in on KFI with Tim Conway Jr...  BIFERNATED PROGRAM. The guy is a moron.

Tim Conway is great! I love those lead ins with Noory. Stuff just goes right over his head. Bender had to politely make a correction that its not bifernated when he hung up.

worldends

Ghoulish jorche is developing a severed foot fetish,