• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Designx

You'd think they would fix that playback stutter on Noory's commercials by now. Then again it kind of makes it sound like the commercials are done live.

I feel it's time to statisticians reformulated the numbers. Personally, Noari sucks more than 2012, or 2013 donkey dicks as the current theory stands.

Sardondi

Quote from: Designx on May 17, 2013, 11:16:46 PM
You'd think they would fix that playback stutter on Noory's commercials by now. Then again it kind of makes it sound like the commercials are done live.
Yes, it's that kind of attention to detail that shows just how important professionalism is to George, and how much he respects his listeners.

bateman

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 17, 2013, 06:30:59 PM
Good call!  The Batchelor & Alexander show in the early aughts was a great listen!  Aside from the sin of giving Monica Crowley more exposure (where's Ozzy when you need him?) they would go back and forth on every topic with great supporting guests!  According to Wikipedia (ahem) it was the highest rated late night show in the country (for the two years they stayed together).  Actually I knew more people who talked B & A the next day than C2C.  I know Paul Alexander has veered off to pursue theatre direction and film but John by himself could well be a compelling host!!

I actually never listened in the B&A days, but Batchelor solo is still a great listen. I was glued to the radio during this one: http://johnbatchelorshow.com/podcasts/2013/04/19/special-podcast

gandalf50

For all of you salivating to get your hands on this best-selling gem. You can Pre-order now.
If you scroll to the end of the add it says.

Customers who viewed this item also viewed The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis the complete series.  :o

The reputation of Dobie Gillis has been tarnished.

http://www.amazon.com/George-Noorys-Late-Night-Snacks-Listening/dp/0765314088/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1368956405&sr=1-1

[attachimg=1]

RedMichael

Just looking at that cover I imagine every name of a dish has a crappy adjective related to C2C in the title. Bigfoot burgers. Haunted Ham Sandwich. Paranormal Pizza Rolls. Tumeric Tomato Salad Dressing.

ItsOver

Quote from: gandalf50 on May 19, 2013, 04:10:36 AM

.......Customers who viewed this item also viewed The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis the complete series.  :o

The reputation of Dobie Gillis has been tarnished.

Hahahaha...Not groovy, man.

MTB

Quote from: RedMichael on May 19, 2013, 05:51:18 AM
Just looking at that cover I imagine every name of a dish has a crappy adjective related to C2C in the title. Bigfoot burgers. Haunted Ham Sandwich. Paranormal Pizza Rolls. Tumeric Tomato Salad Dressing.

That would be acceptable if there were a 19.5 inch all bologna Richard C. Hoagie and an Alex Jones Bacon and Marlboro Cheeseburger.

ItsOver

Quote from: MTB on May 19, 2013, 08:51:32 AM

That would be acceptable if there were a 19.5 inch all bologna Richard C. Hoagie and an Alex Jones Bacon and Marlboro Cheeseburger.

... and a "freshly-rolled Mary Jane Burrito, with special J.B. Wells buzz sauce."

Morgus

Quote from: gandalf50 on May 19, 2013, 04:10:36 AM
Customers who viewed this item also viewed The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis the complete series.  :o
that must have been me, I checked out the link to the Noory-Birnes book (I thought it had to be a gag since reportedly Birnes and Noory had a big fight sometime back) and was also checking out the Dobie Gillis DVD set coming out soon.
I've been watching old Dobie Gillis episodes from 1959-63 on Me-TV lately, but they skip a lot of the early episodes.

ItsOver

Until I went looking for "Maynard G. Krebs," I'd forgotten it was "Gilligan."  ;D

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on May 19, 2013, 01:51:29 PM
Until I went looking for "Maynard G. Krebs," I'd forgotten it was "Gilligan."  ;D
yeah the middle initial "G" stood for Gilligan  :D

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on May 19, 2013, 04:52:55 PM
yeah the middle initial "G" stood for Gilligan  :D

Ha!  And right before his "little buddy" was a beatnik, The Skipper was an engineer, a train engineer, "Casey Jones."  Woooo......Woooo!

I have the feeling I've missed something along the way...

ItsOver

I know I haven't missed "THAT" ^^^^^^ the last two, soon to be, three nights!!!  :o

My claim to fame:  my ex-brother-in-law sold some weed to Bob Denver at some Vancouver, Washington event (something sad, like the grand opening of a K-Mart) back in about '77.  (Weed was, evidently, Gilligan's little buddy....)

ufogadfly

Going off-topic and a little late on this one, but did anyone catch this classic moment a couple of nights ago?  The guest started to respond to touching remarks by an elderly male caller and George jumped in with, "Let me ask you this question...," totally cutting off the conversation. Whatever he's smoking, I don't want any.

Quote from: Morgus on May 19, 2013, 01:08:48 PM
that must have been me, I checked out the link to the Noory-Birnes book (I thought it had to be a gag since reportedly Birnes and Noory had a big fight sometime back) and was also checking out the Dobie Gillis DVD set coming out soon.
I've been watching old Dobie Gillis episodes from 1959-63 on Me-TV lately, but they skip a lot of the early episodes.
That book must have been in the hopper for a while.  I listen to Bill & Nancy Birnes show each week and they were fired by the Nooron in December from whatever book they were ghost writing for him at the time.  Ms. Birnes in prticular has a seething hatred for Noory.

Sardondi

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on May 19, 2013, 10:52:59 PM...Ms. Birnes in prticular has a seething hatred for Noory.

I must truly, deeply dislike Noory, because that quote made me feel all warm and lovely, like an post-surgical IV that just had a morphine booster shot.

Quote from: ufogadfly on May 19, 2013, 10:26:54 PM
Going off-topic and a little late on this one, but did anyone catch this classic moment a couple of nights ago?  The guest started to respond to touching remarks by an elderly male caller and George jumped in with, "Let me ask you this question...," totally cutting off the conversation. Whatever he's smoking, I don't want any.

If it's like some of the times I can recall I sort of get what George is trying to do in those situations.  Sometimes the caller's comments are convoluted or they're based on the 'information' of previous Coast shows so George attempts to put it into context for the guest, or at least tries give the guest a related question in his area of expertise.  However, it sounds like this particular case may have been a little different.

Long time lurker, first time poster. When I was in High School I would stay up late to listen to Art. Since Noory took over I no longer listen. The show is the burnt shadowy remains of its former self. I am even from Noory's home of South East Michigan and no we don't like this loser either.
I know Art is not coming back and thats find. Just bring someone else in other than Noory.

Nice P90X body Noory, also I hate how Norry tries to cash in using his fame as Coast2coast host with his stupid tv shows etc. The coast2coast name has been ruined and I dont think it can be fixed.

ufogadfly

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 19, 2013, 11:26:53 PM
If it's like some of the times I can recall I sort of get what George is trying to do in those situations.  Sometimes the caller's comments are convoluted or they're based on the 'information' of previous Coast shows so George attempts to put it into context for the guest, or at least tries give the guest a related question in his area of expertise.  However, it sounds like this particular case may have been a little different.

I understand what you're saying, but this seemed to be a case of diverting to something else entirely. I felt bad for both the guest and the caller.

castimout

first time poster----anywhere---- without yet reading "how to", but i hope to get help when i mess up.
my urgent idea is for art bell to start a good news show.  you know, upbeat and fun along with all we learn from his interviews.  stamp out coast to coast and noory--who sucks!

coaster

Quote from: castimout on May 20, 2013, 08:50:16 PM

my urgent idea is for art bell to start a good news show.  you know, upbeat and fun along with all we learn from his interviews.
Art Bell is far too busy announcing all of his retirements. That takes up all of his free time.

bigchucka

Quote from: Marc knight on May 20, 2013, 12:02:11 AM
:o
[attachimg=1]

I'd say Nice Ass!, but then the question would be which one I was refering to...

ufogadfly

Quote from: bigchucka on May 20, 2013, 10:10:30 PM

I'd say Nice Ass!, but then the question would be which one I was refering to...

HA!

VtaGeezer

Hour 1...the student loan debt crisis.  Like we don't get enough of this shit all day long. 

Sigh, George why can't you understand when a guest is trying to build up to something? So frustrating.

Count Floyd from SCTV would make a more engaging host than you.