• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 17, 2018, 03:30:57 AM
Dude there isn't one scintilla of archaeological evidence for any of the events or people in the Five Books of Moses aka The Torah. The rest of the books of the Old Testament are a mixture of history, fantasy and myth concerning the Israelites. So yes there is historical meaning, literally the only information we have about ancient Israel comes from biblical scripture - the Egyptians didn't write about them, the Romans didn't, the Assyrians, the Babylonians the same.

Jesus was a historical figure, he was probably crucified for being a pain in the ass to the Romans by stirring up unrest among the Jews. That he existed doesn't make the content of the Gospels true they are myth, that's how ancient people wrote, symbolically.
Not all history can be proven.

This author says the Romans wrote about Jews.  I don't know it that refutes your statement, but it sounds like it.
https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/ancient/roman-jews.asp

Wasn't writing rather cumbersome back then?

I'm pretty sure Jesus was killed for claiming to be God. John the Baptist, the virgin birth, baby boys being killed during his childhood, and so many other things about Jesus' life were predicted in Bible prophecies.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 17, 2018, 02:38:24 AM
The stations of the cross depict what, 12 hours of history?
Millions of hours of painstaking intricacy....created and preserved by so many artists and religious people.... through a couple thousand years... just to document a few horrid hours.

Quote from: Jojo on January 18, 2018, 01:44:03 AM
Millions of hours of painstaking intricacy....created and preserved by so many artists and religious people.... through a couple thousand years... just to document a few horrid hours.

Yep.  Also our calendar system is based on the birth of Christ even though it may be off by a few years.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on January 18, 2018, 01:44:03 AM

I still don’t see what you are getting at. How many temples and statues were made to the Greek and Roman gods? 

If anyone is going to look for evidence, the change in the behavior of the apostles is the strongest evidence that they saw the risen Christ. They went from cowering in fear in the upper room to boldly proclaiming the Gospel and all except John were put to death for their beliefs. It is one thing to die for something you believe is the truth. I doubt that they all would have suffered the torture for something they believed was a lie.

He actually said February correctly tonight as he was ending the show.  You go, Jorch!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 18, 2018, 01:58:29 AM

If anyone is going to look for evidence, the change in the behavior of the apostles is the strongest evidence that they saw the risen Christ. They went from cowering in fear in the upper room to boldly proclaiming the Gospel and all except John were put to death for their beliefs. It is one thing to die for something you believe is the truth. I doubt that they all would have suffered the torture for something they believed was a lie.

People have been burned to death for their beliefs centuries, millennia, afterwards; but that's not evidence for anything, only that they happened to believe something was true. What you're saying is a logical fallacy: you don't know the answer for something, therefore you know. What kind of screwed up god uses a bunch of illiterate fishermen to get the word out anyway? He could have shown up in Rome, done his David Copperfield act, and there'd be no argument. And you'd have a literate culture ready to bear witness.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Jojo on January 18, 2018, 01:04:37 AM
Wandering stars is astronomy.  The main Gospel points were prophesied.

Wandering stars is musicals.

There are lots of vague prophesies that appear to be fulfilled. There is no precise prediction of anything. The rest is manipulation. The story of the census is the obvious one. Luke says it happened when Quirinius was governor, under Herod The Great. There is a record of a 'registration' for tax purposes shortly after Quirinius was appointed in 6AD. Problem: Herod died in 4BC. Problem: Joseph lived in Galilee, which was not affected anyway. Also, whoever heard of a census requiring people to travel to the city of their birth? The whole purpose of a census is to take an instant 'snapshot' of a population, especially if undertaken for the purposes of tax assessment. Historically and logically, the census story makes no sense and is clearly a literary device to place Jesus in Bethlehem to 'fulfill' a prophesy and place him in the lineage of King David (for whose existence there is very little evidence outside the Bible).

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 18, 2018, 02:27:17 AM
Talking about Frankenstein on Coast now.

And Joorch infuriating with his ignorance.

'Remember that old movie? When Dr Frankenstein created Frankenstein.'

-GNS

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 18, 2018, 04:01:55 AM
People have been burned to death for their beliefs centuries, millennia, afterwards; but that's not evidence for anything, only that they happened to believe something was true. What you're saying is a logical fallacy: you don't know the answer for something, therefore you know. What kind of screwed up god uses a bunch of illiterate fishermen to get the word out anyway? He could have shown up in Rome, done his David Copperfield act, and there'd be no argument. And you'd have a literate culture ready to bear witness.

People have been burned for their beliefs when they believed their beliefs were the truth.

Suicide bombers, Heaven’s Gate Cult, etc willingly die for what they believe is the truth. M

The argument is what group of people do you know (100%) willingly submit to martyrdom when they KNOW the belief they are preaching is a lie?

But I do know GNS

NoMoreNoory

Back at the suckage, Joorch was so clearly Googling frantically during the Frankenstein section, trying to mask his evident ignorance of Mary, Percy or the novel, but still managed to talk utter guff. Mary, he informed us, 'wrote the book and the novel' and died in 1851, 'waaaaayyy before she could have known it would become a film'.

- GNS

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 18, 2018, 08:43:56 AM
People have been burned for their beliefs when they believed their beliefs were the truth.

Suicide bombers, Heaven’s Gate Cult, etc willingly die for what they believe is the truth. M

The argument is what group of people do you know (100%) willingly submit to martyrdom when they KNOW the belief they are preaching is a lie?

But I do know GNS

'A sincerely held belief tells us nothing about the thing believed in. It tells us only about our capacity for belief.'   - Carl Gustav Jung

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 18, 2018, 06:26:31 AM
Wandering stars is musicals.

There are lots of vague prophesies that appear to be fulfilled. There is no precise prediction of anything. The rest is manipulation. The story of the census is the obvious one. Luke says it happened when Quirinius was governor, under Herod The Great. There is a record of a 'registration' for tax purposes shortly after Quirinius was appointed in 6AD. Problem: Herod died in 4BC. Problem: Joseph lived in Galilee, which was not affected anyway. Also, whoever heard of a census requiring people to travel to the city of their birth? The whole purpose of a census is to take an instant 'snapshot' of a population, especially if undertaken for the purposes of tax assessment. Historically and logically, the census story makes no sense and is clearly a literary device to place Jesus in Bethlehem to 'fulfill' a prophesy and place him in the lineage of King David (for whose existence there is very little evidence outside the Bible).
The fact that no record of that census exists outside Matthew doesn't bother me because many things exist which have no or few records.  As for Joseph returning to his hometown, I don't know, but it sounds plausible enough to me.

Here are eight to sixteen prophesies fulfilled by Jesus' birth:. (With chapter and verse of the original prophecy)
http://christinprophecy.org/articles/prophetic-facts-about-the-nativity/

Here are prophecies John the Baptist fulfilled as he prepared the way for Jesus.  I always think it is weird that Jesus needed a preparer,but as I get older it makes more sense.
https://carm.org/isaiah-403-mal-31-matt-33-prepare-way-lord

Here are some prophesies Jesus fulfilled:
https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/jesus-christ-the-real-story/jesus-amazing-fulfillment-of-prophecy
http://www1.cbn.com/biblestudy/biblical-prophecies-fulfilled-by-jesus

I think Herod trying to kill baby Jesus is more relevant than the census.  As for Galillee, I don't see a problem. Searches turned up zilch.

I've always been a Doubting Thomas, so I appreciated these opportunities to check things out.  For every one argument, I found an opposite argument.  And after reading so many, I think many were based in ignorance.  But most of it was over my head. For instance, a Jewish source said Jesus couldn't have been the Messiah because although he descended from David, he did not descend from Nathan.  Another source said Jesus descended from Nathan.  People don't see eye to eye on how to understand Jesus' lineage.  Since the lineage that "counts" is from a woman but Jews only use men..

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 18, 2018, 04:00:17 AM
He actually said February correctly tonight as he was ending the show.  You go, Jorch!
I'm going to the tech sppt thread Bec my Insider episodes are not playing on Coast Player.  I missed hearing February, and now I can't go back (after a factory reset).

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 19, 2018, 02:32:25 AM
The fact that no record of that census exists outside Matthew doesn't bother me because many things exist which have no or few records.  As for Joseph returning to his hometown, I don't know, but it sounds plausible enough to me.

Here are eight to sixteen prophesies fulfilled by Jesus' birth:. (With chapter and verse of the original prophecy)
http://christinprophecy.org/articles/prophetic-facts-about-the-nativity/

Here are prophecies John the Baptist fulfilled as he prepared the way for Jesus.  I always think it is weird that Jesus needed a preparer,but as I get older it makes more sense.
https://carm.org/isaiah-403-mal-31-matt-33-prepare-way-lord

Here are some prophesies Jesus fulfilled:
https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/jesus-christ-the-real-story/jesus-amazing-fulfillment-of-prophecy
http://www1.cbn.com/biblestudy/biblical-prophecies-fulfilled-by-jesus

I think Herod trying to kill baby Jesus is more relevant than the census.  As for Galillee, I don't see a problem. Searches turned up zilch.

I've always been a Doubting Thomas, so I appreciated these opportunities to check things out.  For every one argument, I found an opposite argument.  And after reading so many, I think many were based in ignorance.  But most of it was over my head. For instance, a Jewish source said Jesus couldn't have been the Messiah because although he descended from David, he did not descend from Nathan.  Another source said Jesus descended from Nathan.  People don't see eye to eye on how to understand Jesus' lineage.  Since the lineage that "counts" is from a woman but Jews only use men..

Perhaps you're making a joke. It's hard to say with you sometimes, Jojo but didn't say Galilee. He said Galileo...this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

Sometimes science doesn't always jibe with the biblical view. Usually when that happens I'm for siding with science...unless that science is prone to the genocidal...which it often is.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 18, 2018, 08:43:56 AM

But I do know GNS

You're assuming that the behaviour of the apostles could have only one explanation, when they could be simply wrong and deluded. How many examples can we name of groups of people being wrong (thousands) compared to examples of people rising from the dead (zero)? Which belief is the more rational?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 19, 2018, 03:27:45 AM
You're assuming that the behaviour of the apostles could have only one explanation, when they could be simply wrong and deluded. How many examples can we name of groups of people being wrong (thousands) compared to examples of people rising from the dead (zero)? Which belief is the more rational?

I am not sure how familiar you are with the gospels and the rest of the New Testament. It is not like Billy Meier telling Michael Horn what he saw and then have Michael Horn live a life of poverty, move to Saudi Arabia to preach that “gospel” and submit to torture and martyrdom for his beliefs. Michael Horn might believe Billy Meier is actually telling the truth, or he might be delusional and overly committed to living a lie.

The actions of the apostles would be more like Billy Meier, along with 10 of his best friends and a couple of siblings actually see the UFOs, together and separately, and each of them talking to the Plaeadians and getting the exact same mesage and then going to the ends of the earth, especially to areas like Muslim countries and being executed for their beliefs.  If they had actually built the UFOs out of trashcan lids and took a polaroid of the Dean Martin show, you would not get them all to go let them selves be tortured and beheaded.  I maintain that one or more of them would have capitulated and denied the story.

I won’t convince you, but if you are interested in a scholarly study of the subject, I recommend this book.  It was written by an investigative reporter for the Chicago Sun Times that set out to prove that the stories of Christ were not true and ended up convincing himself that they were based in fact.

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-Journalists-Personal-Investigation/dp/0310339308

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 19, 2018, 04:28:29 AM
I am not sure how familiar you are with the gospels and the rest of the New Testament. It is not like Billy Meier telling Michael Horn what he saw and then have Michael Horn live a life of poverty, move to Saudi Arabia to preach that “gospel” and submit to torture and martyrdom for his beliefs. Michael Horn might believe Billy Meier is actually telling the truth, or he might be delusional and overly committed to living a lie.

The actions of the apostles would be more like Billy Meier, along with 10 of his best friends and a couple of siblings actually see the UFOs, together and separately, and each of them talking to the Plaeadians and getting the exact same mesage and then going to the ends of the earth, especially to areas like Muslim countries and being executed for their beliefs.  If they had actually built the UFOs out of trashcan lids and took a polaroid of the Dean Martin show, you would not get them all to go let them selves be tortured and beheaded.  I maintain that one or more of them would have capitulated and denied the story.

I won’t convince you, but if you are interested in a scholarly study of the subject, I recommend this book.  It was written by an investigative reporter for the Chicago Sun Times that set out to prove that the stories of Christ were not true and ended up convincing himself that they were based in fact.

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-Journalists-Personal-Investigation/dp/0310339308
Depending on how you see it, there are lots of accounts of people being dead and buried, or prepared for embalming,  but coming back to life.  Not to mention Jesus and Lazarus.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 18, 2018, 01:16:00 AM
No they don’t
Well, being raised casually Catholic, I would have said no as well.  My family didn't talk much at all about any pope, let alone blaspheme involving the papacy!

However, one day in 2017, I decided to Google the Vatican to find out more about it.  I had attended Seventh Day Adventist workshops on Bible prophecy regarding the AntiChrist.  They outlined a very convincing argument using chapters and verses to show a pope would be the AntiChrist.  (So I suppose the Catholic Church could be the False Church).

Well, I landed on You Tube and my head spun as I saw people addressing the Pope as "God".  At least, that's what I recall.  I tried repeating that tonight, but You Tube just wasn't getting me there.  I did see the following related topics, though.  My mouth just gapes to think of the papacy trying to play "God".

Evidently, not all Pope's buy into it all the way, a good thing!

1.  The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:

"But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical (emphasis added)." The author cited this as the source:
v. The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, Cum. Inter, title 14, chapter 4, "Ad Callem Sexti Decretalium", Column 140 (Paris, 1685). In an Antwerp edition of the Extravagantes, the words, Dominum Deum Nostrum Papam ("Our Lord God the Pope") can be found in column 153. View extracts here.
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Pope_Rome_blasphemy_power_Jesus#_

2.  Vatican categorized as blaspheming
https://www.gotquestions.org/vicar-of-Christ.html

3.  Have Popes tried to equate themselves with God?
http://www.geoffhorton.com/PapalClaims.html

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 17, 2018, 12:54:47 PM
Still, it seems to have had a good effect on humanity overall, wouldn't you say?
Especially males...

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 19, 2018, 02:41:37 AM
Perhaps you're making a joke. It's hard to say with you sometimes, Jojo but didn't say Galilee. He said Galileo...this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

Sometimes science doesn't always jibe with the biblical view. Usually when that happens I'm for siding with science...unless that science is prone to the genocidal...which it often is.
Oh, I was responding to Nomorenoory from 4:26AM, when he mentioned Galilee.
But yes sometimes my tongue is in my cheek!

Nomorenoory
"Wandering stars is musicals.......   Problem: Joseph lived in Galilee, which was not affected anyway. Also, whoever heard of a census requiring people to travel to the city of their birth? The whole purpose of a census is to take an instant 'snapshot' of a population, especially if undertaken for the purposes of tax assessment. Historically and logically, the census story makes no sense and is clearly a literary device to place Jesus in Bethlehem to 'fulfill' a prophesy and place him in the lineage of King David (for whose existence there is very little evidence outside the Bible)."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on January 20, 2018, 12:44:44 AM
Oh, I was responding to Nomorenoory from 4:26AM, when he mentioned Galilee.
But yes sometimes my tongue is in my cheek!

Nomorenoory
"Wandering stars is musicals.

There are lots of vague prophesies that appear to be fulfilled. There is no precise prediction of anything. The rest is manipulation. The story of the census is the obvious one. Luke says it happened when Quirinius was governor, under Herod The Great. There is a record of a 'registration' for tax purposes shortly after Quirinius was appointed in 6AD. Problem: Herod died in 4BC. Problem: Joseph lived in Galilee, which was not affected anyway. Also, whoever heard of a census requiring people to travel to the city of their birth? The whole purpose of a census is to take an instant 'snapshot' of a population, especially if undertaken for the purposes of tax assessment. Historically and logically, the census story makes no sense and is clearly a literary device to place Jesus in Bethlehem to 'fulfill' a prophesy and place him in the lineage of King David (for whose existence there is very little evidence outside the Bible)."

No, he mentioned the pope locking up Galileo for proving that we weren't the center of the universe because we weren't even the center of this solar system.  ;)

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 20, 2018, 12:48:04 AM
No, he mentioned the pope locking up Galileo for proving that we weren't the center of the universe because we weren't even the center of this solar system.  ;)

I referenced both Galileo and Galilee, in separate, unrelated posts.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 20, 2018, 01:02:46 AM
I referenced both Galileo and Galilee, in separate, unrelated posts.
How bizarre.  Only one letter difference.  Some people go their whole entire lives without using those words ever, and here you go saying each of them twice in one week. 

Well even though Earth is not the center of the solar system, maybe we are part of a larger center, like larger than the Milky Way.  Maybe the Milky Way is part of something larger, a larger thing which could be the center of the universe.

Like, if you sit on one side of a car, you are not in the center of the car.  But the car could still be in the center of the road.

Sometimes this show can still drop my jaw when it comes to human stupidity.

Jimmy Church, who is the slimiest of the Coast fill-in hosts has a typical Coast guest, somebody named Cory. I have barely listened as I'm doing work and chatting with a friend at the same time, once in a while I hear the guest talking about aliens, giants, etc

A caller, very obviously an African American male, to the point of it sounds like parody asks the guest a question 'Do you think we went into Iraq to get one of those giants to get their DNA?' 

I do notice Coast gets a lot of calls from black men, black people love crazy shit, they will believe anything. Brought up exposed to fundamentalist Christianity, lack of education, makes sense why they are apt to believe in almost anything but science.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 20, 2018, 06:04:10 AM
Sometimes this show can still drop my jaw when it comes to human stupidity.

Jimmy Church, who is the slimiest of the Coast fill-in hosts has a typical Coast guest, somebody named Cory. I have barely listened as I'm doing work and chatting with a friend at the same time, once in a while I hear the guest talking about aliens, giants, etc

A caller, very obviously an African American male, to the point of it sounds like parody asks the guest a question 'Do you think we went into Iraq to get one of those giants to get their DNA?' 

I do notice Coast gets a lot of calls from black men, black people love crazy shit, they will believe anything. Brought up exposed to fundamentalist Christianity, lack of education, makes sense why they are apt to believe in almost anything but science.

Coast has to have the whitest audience of all the radio talk shows.  They almost have to be paid callers.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 20, 2018, 06:04:10 AM
... A caller, very obviously an African American male, to the point of it sounds like parody asks the guest...

In any case, I believe the proper term here is 'aks'...

Dateline

The government is shut down this weekend.  For me, Coast is shut down this weekend with grease monkey hosting.