George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Corona Kitty

Quote from: mike_olsen on November 14, 2017, 05:33:52 PM
What did he say about it? I assume it was probably a non-issue for him,

It's been a few months since I've heard it, I'll go back and listen and give you an accurate quote. I asked one of the talent less hacks who works there, about John, I was told "we don't talk about John anymore, he did some things that he shouldn't have done". That's what I was told by the cardiomyopathy victim.

mike_olsen

Quote from: username on November 14, 2017, 05:40:25 PM
It's been a few months since I've heard it, I'll go back and listen and give you an accurate quote. I asked one of the talent less hacks who works there, about John, I was told "we don't talk about John anymore, he did some things that he shouldn't have done". That's what I was told by the cardiomyopathy victim.

Pretty much how George acted when he was asked about it by callers.

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2017, 11:55:24 AM
Remember when a coach or old timer would say after getting a scrap or minor cut: "just rub some dirt on it and git back out there?"
https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/antibacterial-clays-can-kill-antibiotic-resistant-e-coli-and-mrsa
Eating dirt phenomena, partially, explained:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/04/02/297881388/the-old-and-mysterious-practice-of-eating-dirt-revealed
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110602162820.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/13/us/southern-practice-of-eating-dirt-shows-signs-of-waning.html
Nice post, thanks :D My friend and i are still in contact, and in fact we had lunch today (probably not as good as earth, but she paid lol) Next time we meet i'll have to remember and ask her about white vs. red clay, boiling vs. baking and if her mother also recommends clay for use in minor scrapes, etc. I'm sure she would be thrilled about all the scientific and cultural curiosity, but to her mom eating dirt is just common sense!

michio

Quote from: Parris001 on November 14, 2017, 04:49:07 PM
I've been gone for a couple of days. Tell me, does George still suck?

I can't wrap my head around the Big Bang but I know that sNoory will suck until the stars burn out, the last black holes evaporate, and the Big Rip tears apart the universe. IOW, yes.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on November 13, 2017, 11:08:10 PM
Why?  Why?  Obviously he charmed Nancy's pants off, and kept his arm around her husband's shoulders!

Let's just be glad the arm is enough for Yimmy, at least for this picture.  A pants-off Yimmy is something we don't need to see.

Richard "Alone in the Wilderness" Proenneke lived off the grid
A guy riding around in a gas guzzling RV from from park to park is not off the grid

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on November 14, 2017, 08:57:05 PM
Nice post, thanks :D My friend and i are still in contact, and in fact we had lunch today (probably not as good as earth, but she paid lol) Next time we meet i'll have to remember and ask her about white vs. red clay, boiling vs. baking and if her mother also recommends clay for use in minor scrapes, etc. I'm sure she would be thrilled about all the scientific and cultural curiosity, but to her mom eating dirt is just common sense!
I wonder if the dirt was actually food grade diatomaceous earth, which has to be mixed with water thoroughly to avoid choking on its dust.

Jojo

Gizmo called in! George called him Giz, haha.

Gizmo, we could share small space living tips!

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on November 14, 2017, 08:57:05 PM
Unbelievable doctors dont tell us.  MRSA spreading in hospitals, killing innocent patients, and doctors won't recommend home remedies and hakf the time wont dispense OTC.  I have seen oatients beg for OTC like topical epsom salts sprinkled in waters, to reduce swelling, and nurses refuse to order it.

Jojo

Quote from: mike_olsen on November 14, 2017, 06:09:26 PM
Pretty much how George acted when he was asked about it by callers.
I dont know John very well, but a lot of the time he sounded sedated to me.  Maybe there was a random drug test, but sometimes others sound amped up, too, all of which is bad in my book.

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on November 14, 2017, 05:58:36 AM
Interesting. Have you ever injested clay? I ask because some ppl bake a certain type of red clay mud and eat it. I have heard that women will often crave this when they are pregnant (men are not prohibited from this practice but it is kind of frowned upon, and whatever benefits that are alledged will not be realized if a male eats dirt) Personally, i doubt there is any insight to be gained from eating dirt, but i had a girlfriend whose mother believed in and promoted the practice for whatever reason. In full disclosure, the woman was also a full-blown hypocondriac prone to all manner of superstition. Take it for whatever its worth to you
Only food grade diatomaceous eart fully diluted from time to time.  But there is a knack to it, and it is kind of hazardous if not diluted fully, or if the dust that is stirred up gets accidently inhaled.  Clay, huh.  Clay feels cool!

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on November 14, 2017, 12:22:41 AM
Well, we are off to a hilarious start! 
No one heard this?  "They are injecting human brains into, ah, humans, and it, uh, is making them a lot smarter!". Something like that.  Did anyone go see jf it was edited out later?  It was in the news segment Monday night.  He mustvuave been referring to experimenters now putting little bits of human brain into rats.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jojo on November 15, 2017, 01:44:26 PM
I dont know John very well, but a lot of the time he sounded sedated to me.  Maybe there was a random drug test, but sometimes others sound amped up, too, all of which is bad in my book.

he just smokes ciggs.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on November 15, 2017, 01:37:34 PM
Gizmo called in! George called him Giz, haha.

Gizmo, we could share small space living tips!

"Next up, Eugene in Oregon.  Hi, Yeeewww!

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on November 15, 2017, 04:21:26 PM

"Next up, Eugene in Oregon.  Hi, Yeeewww!
It is not a multi-syllable problem because if a caller says his name is "Joe" then Norry will say "how are yeew Joseph?" The first guest last night Norry said to him "Welcome Anthony- we will call you Tony tonight." It is bizarre.

Norry also mentioned his frequent claim about dolphins and thumbs. But guest disagreed with Norry! "Dolphins are not going to the moon."
-GNS

ItsOver

It's simple.  Jorch is Dick.  I meant to say, Jorch IS a dick.

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 15, 2017, 10:22:11 AM
Richard "Alone in the Wilderness" Proenneke lived off the grid
A guy riding around in a gas guzzling RV from from park to park is not off the grid
Agreed. That Proenneke guy was awesome. (Though even he returned sometimes etc.) The guy can claim, maybe, some mobile lifestyle but not "off the grid." And something that retirees have done for decades! I guess "news" for the millennials?

ps: Norry was as normal. First reference to him was a movie (the great movie "Christmas Vacation") when the guest was talking about RVs, Norry proclaims "Cousin Eddie!" For once, he got the reference correct but why is everything, to Norry, related to a movie? Does he not have any real life experiences?

Quote from: Jojo on November 15, 2017, 01:41:19 PM
Unbelievable doctors dont tell us.  MRSA spreading in hospitals, killing innocent patients, and doctors won't recommend home remedies and hakf the time wont dispense OTC.  I have seen oatients beg for OTC like topical epsom salts sprinkled in waters, to reduce swelling, and nurses refuse to order it.

You know they are prohibited by law from doing so, right?

ShayP

The other day Justin called in and Noory referred to him as "Jus."  Nobody does that.  Yes his habit of changing names is odd, but..."Jus?"  What if Adam calls in?  Will he be referred to as Ad or Addy?  I think Noory alters the names to make it seem 'buddy buddy' to the caller.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2017, 06:19:48 PM
Does he not have any real life experiences?

I'm of the belief that if he is close to somebody who does, whether it's a friend or colleague, he just adopts that experience just by association.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2017, 06:19:48 PM
...Does he not have any real life experiences?
Do turkee sammiches, a parade in Burbank, weirdo conventions, bad karaoke, and pizza roll catastrophes count?

Quote from: ItsOver on November 15, 2017, 08:06:09 PM
Do turkee sammiches, a parade in Burbank, weirdo conventions, bad karaoke, and pizza roll catastrophes count?

Yes they do!

And so does having flies in the house from a maggot infested squashed squirrel left under the bed when he left for St Louis for a month, falling into a mudhole while on the road with no change of clothes, having ants swarm out from under his bar-b-que grill when he lifted the lid, stomping hamsters, spending his afternoons on the Queen Mary trying to impress the lady selling tickets, eluding the clutches of Mexican kidnappers, curing cancer (twice!) with a mere touch, running down a dine-n-dasher and holding him at gunpoint for the police, running multiple businesses into the ground, defending himself against multiple civil suites, and running ahead of an elderly frail acquantance while out to dinner causing him to fall trying to keep up and becoming permanently disabled.

George has led a varied life, mostly moving from one creepy incident to the next.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on November 15, 2017, 07:42:34 PM
I'm of the belief that if he is close to somebody who does, whether it's a friend or colleague, he just adopts that experience just by association.
Norry, again, used movie reference- and same movie reference- but said "uncle Eddie," I guess coming from a Griswold kid perspective this time?  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 15, 2017, 08:28:29 PM
Yes they do!

And so does having flies in the house from a maggot infested squashed squirrel left under the bed when he left for St Louis for a month, falling into a mudhole while on the road with no change of clothes, having ants swarm out from under his bar-b-que grill when he lifted the lid, stomping hamsters, spending his afternoons on the Queen Mary trying to impress the lady selling tickets, eluding the clutches of Mexican kidnappers, curing cancer (twice!) with a mere touch, running down a dine-n-dasher and holding him at gunpoint for the police, running multiple businesses into the ground, defending himself against multiple civil suites, and running ahead of an elderly frail acquantance while out to dinner causing him to fall trying to keep up and becoming permanently disabled.

George has led a varied life, mostly moving from one creepy incident to the next.
Don't forget he had the "opportunity" to drive by the home of the child Ramsey murder and "ponder the events."

To listen or not to listen?  I would have thought Mark Dice would have had the scruples not to appear on this shlub's show.

Dateline

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 15, 2017, 08:28:29 PM
Yes they do!

Those are the high points and the cliff hangars.  Yeah, a real roller coaster ride!