• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 13, 2017, 11:58:30 PM
... I can sympathize with the guest believing that these events in Revelation refer to the present because I think it's fairly obvious that President Trump is the AntiChrist and Mike Pence is his False Prophet...

Based on that, not only do you believe the Revelation refers to the present as well, you have candidates for the roles picked out.

I'm wondering who  the last president is to not have been considered the Antichrist by someone..

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 14, 2017, 12:37:43 AM
Based on that, not only do you believe the Revelation refers to the present as well, you have candidates for the roles picked out.

I'm wondering who  the last president is to not have been considered the Antichrist by someone..

Except the Bible makes it clear that there will be at the time of Revelation that there will be many pseudo Christians who will believe that the AntiChrist is some great person and I can't see any more obvious parallel than the pseudo Christian religious right who find Trump to be some great hero.

Of course, there is a parallel to that with George W Bush as well, but I'm not sure who his False Prophet would have been.  Mike Pence is about as obvious a False Prophet as there can be.

NoMoreNoory

Wiki lists well in excess of 100 predictions of the end of the world, from the early years of Christianity to the present day and itself acknowledges that this is surely only a fraction of the true figure. This should tell us something, surely?
The problem lies in ascribing any literal veracity to the ramblings of Revelation, or any authority to the sprawling hodge-podge that is The Bible.
Mike Pence is a nodding dog yes-man, dangerously in thrall to his boss and his god: his boss is a strutting poltroon and one of the most extraordinary psychological studies I've ever encountered. But False Prophet and Anti-Christ? No. Just men.

Lord Grantham

Revelation should have never been added to the bible.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 13, 2017, 09:30:19 PM
I went out for a coffee and was listening to last night's show with the time tracks guy. He really couldn't be more full of shit, could he?  :D
The funniest part was when he said Trump had Alzheimers, then proceeded to repeatedly lose his train of thought to the point Noory had to prompt him

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on September 14, 2017, 08:50:33 AM
The funniest part was when he said Trump had Alzheimers, then proceeded to repeatedly lose his train of thought to the point Noory had to prompt him

Yeah, his agenda was pretty clear and that fact that his method chose Bernie should tell you all you need to know about it's efficacy.  ;)

136 or 142

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on September 14, 2017, 08:50:33 AM

Except he didn't initially say that Trump had Alzheimer's.  He said that he thought it was possible that "Trump had a stroke, like I had.  Which is why I lose my train of thought sometimes."  After George asked him if he thought Trump had a stroke, the guest then replied "I don't know what specifically, he could have Alzheimer's"

From the guest's description though, I think it's far more likely the guest had a mini-stroke or a "transient ischemic attack" (TIA.)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on September 14, 2017, 08:04:34 AM
Revelation should have never been added to the bible.

Yeah but it makes for the best horror movies.  ;)

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 14, 2017, 04:44:17 PM
Yeah but it makes for the best horror movies.  ;)

The original Omen series was much better than the lame remake.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 14, 2017, 04:54:10 PM
The original Omen series was much better than the lame remake.

Oh, yeah. Totally creepy. Hey, Damien! Look at me, Damien!  :o

Father Jack

The book of Revelation very nearly didn't make it into the New Testament. There were great  reservations about it. The Gospel of Thomas would have been a better choice.                                 

Quote from: Father Jack on September 14, 2017, 05:11:18 PM
The book of Revelation very nearly didn't make it into the New Testament. There were great  reservations about it. The Gospel of Thomas would have been a better choice.                               
Feck! Drink! Girls!

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 14, 2017, 04:01:20 PM
Except he didn't initially say that Trump had Alzheimer's.  He said that he thought it was possible that "Trump had a stroke, like I had.  Which is why I lose my train of thought sometimes."  After George asked him if he thought Trump had a stroke, the guest then replied "I don't know what specifically, he could have Alzheimer's"

From the guest's description though, I think it's far more likely the guest had a mini-stroke or a "transient ischemic attack" (TIA.)
Stroke is a stroke and I think using TIA etc minimizes it (to the general public.) Sort of like, even a few years ago, someone in football or hockey, "got his bell wrung" "he got a 'stinger'"  etc. The 'minor' stuff is not necessarily so and also can mean watch out for future bigger problems. (Having said that: "walk it off" pussy and get back on the field/ice.") I was surprised though that Norry didn't get into a supplement hawking situation there and even tried to help him 'remember' his train of thought.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 14, 2017, 05:00:06 PM
Oh, yeah. Totally creepy. Hey, Damien! Look at me, Damien!  :o

Billie Whitelaw: Never fear, little one. I am here to comfort thee.

To this day, I'm wary of panting Rottweilers.

Oh goody another financial advisor... as the show sinks deeper into the mundane.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on September 14, 2017, 11:28:33 PM
Oh goody another financial advisor... as the show sinks deeper into the mundane.

Hmmm...let me guess...a bubble's about to pop...buy gold...amirite?  :D

NoMoreNoory

michio

Georgie and his guest were talking about "clean coal," with the guest saying he thought natural gas was a more viable alternative for America's energy requirements.

Guest: "Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel on the planet."
sNoory: "I don't even think it's a fossil fuel, Joseph. I think it's just part of the planet."

The guest laughed and added an amused, "Okay."

136 or 142

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on September 14, 2017, 11:28:33 PM

I was at some discussion today where I was reminded that there was some research that came out a few years ago that suggests that the mind reacts to information a split second or so before it actually sees that information.  Not that Noory is exactly the host I want asking questions about these things, and maybe that research hasn't gone anywhere since, but I don't think he's had credible guests discussing consciousness in years.  The closest he gets these days is morons like Bruce Goldberg.

I'm sure I've posted this link before, but maybe it's time to do so again. For anybody interested in some of the things that Coast to Coast used to get serious guests on to discuss, you might prefer the Australian Broadcast Company's program All in the Mind.

Three of their most recent episodes which can be either listened to on their site or downloaded for podcasting:
1.Contemplating Consciousness
We contemplate the nature of consciousness with a philosopher, a neuroscientist and a Buddhist scholar.

2.Racial bias and the brain
Racism can be blatant and violent but often it's subtle & insidious. We explore the psychology and neuroscience of racial bias.

3.the enigma of time
When we’re bored time drags, and wouldn’t you swear that time seems to speed up as you get older? Drawing on the latest insights from psychology and neuroscience we explore the mystery of time perception, it’s connection to our sense of self and how we could be the architect of our own perception of time.

136 or 142

What Noory says: "No, you can't prevent change."

What Noory would say if he tried to be consistent: "No, you can't prevent change...except for the truck drivers, who should be protected from losing their jobs to driver-less trucks."

You'd think that Noory would at least remember what he's said previously when it comes to pandering to his listeners.

136 or 142

I'm pretty sure George just called regular caller (too regular) Cornelius "Corglius"

136 or 142

I went for about 15 minutes before turning off Bruce Goldberg.

If anybody was as stupid as I was to listen to this idiot, he mentioned some supposed proof of parallel universes based on a story of a person who was in a Japanese airport in 1954 and had a signed passport from a non-existent country named Taured.

This is what one good factchecker on reddit wrote about this story:
I'd like to see some better documentation of this, it's a great story, but how about some references to something like a Tokyo newspaper from 1954?
I'll add this bit to my comment:
Just a story? The story appeared in the book “The Directory of Possibilities”, Colin Wilson & John Grant [Corgi Paperback, 1982. ISBN: 0-552-119946].
No one knows for certain if this was a factual account. No documents or newspaper clippings exist other than what was written by Colin Wilson and John Grant.
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2013/05/22/mysterious-arrival-the-man-from-taured
Without any other proof than that, this is nothing but a sci-fi story.

from r/UnresolvedMysteries

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/1zsyz2/on_july_1954_a_man_arrives_at_tokyo_airport_in/

This is what a person on Yelp wrote about Bruce Goldberg.  Obviously I don't know if it's true or not, but I thought it was pretty funny:

I don't usually write negative reviews but this guy sure deserves it. I am a radio producer and we were about to have him on our show to talk about his practice, plus time travel, parallel dimensions. Needless to say it didn't work out. He was extremely rude, narcissistic and was on the verge of verbal assault. All because he probably didn't take the time to read our emails that would have prepared him for a simple easy going conversation. I've worked with a lot of intelligent and wonderful people. This guy happens to be the worst and I strongly urge everyone to stay away from him. If you don't get the hint from all of his reviews already. I hope the best for all of you. If I could give him zero stars I would.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bruce-goldberg-woodland-hills

ItsOver

Quote from: michio on September 15, 2017, 01:59:56 AM
Georgie and his guest were talking about "clean coal," with the guest saying he thought natural gas was a more viable alternative for America's energy requirements.

Guest: "Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel on the planet."
sNoory: "I don't even think it's a fossil fuel, Joseph. I think it's just part of the planet."

The guest laughed and added an amused, "Okay."

Jorch thinks natural gas comes from farting cows and his and Tommee's posteriors after one of their late night breakfast binges.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on September 15, 2017, 05:48:29 AM
Jorch thinks natural gas comes from farting cows and his and Tommee's posteriors after one of their late night breakfast binges.

I love when Jorch says I just believe in the abeeotic theory of oil that the Earth produces oil as part of it's natural process. Always has and always will. without ever explaining why, like he was picking a favorite sports team or something.  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 15, 2017, 07:17:20 AM
I love when Jorch says I just believe in the abeeotic theory of oil that the Earth produces oil as part of it's natural process. Always has and always will. without ever explaining why, like he was picking a favorite sports team or something.  ::)
Ha, ha, ha!  Yes, Jorch's love for the "abeeotic" theory. :)  I wonder if his Tooomeric and Super Beets addictions help with his personal gas production?  Just can't depend on that "abeeotic" process alone, Jorch!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on September 11, 2017, 09:23:23 AM
Ick. The idea of Jorch making it to second base is enough to make me want to join PBS' team
Feel free. We are always looking for more team members.  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 15, 2017, 04:45:04 AM
I'm pretty sure George just called regular caller (too regular) Cornelius "Corglius"

LOL!  I heard him slur his name.  Seemed like he was distracted.  On a side...I wish Cornelius, and Annie, would just disappear.  :P

ShayP

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 15, 2017, 05:35:33 AM
I went for about 15 minutes before turning off Bruce Goldberg.

If anybody was as stupid as I was...

I used to give it a go.  However he is on my list of guests to never listen to.  Along with Ed Dames, Doc Wallett (plus any of his ilk), the 'numbers lady', et al.  Too many to list.  ;)

Sometimes one is curious, so no worries.  :D