• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

diowulf

Bermuda triangle show last night was great. Kind of a hokey subject even for paranormal, but just kind of mindless fun and fantasy. Good guests and stories and a refreshing departure from the "new" coast ie numerology, Donald Trump analysis, energy channeling, eat 36 eggs, etc, etc, etc

Quote from: diowulf on July 20, 2017, 04:10:01 PM
Bermuda triangle show last night was great. Kind of a hokey subject even for paranormal, but just kind of mindless fun and fantasy. Good guests and stories and a refreshing departure from the "new" coast ie numerology, Donald Trump analysis, energy channeling, eat 36 eggs, etc, etc, etc

No questions like why is the Bermuda Triangle triangular?  Why not circular?  Or do you think Jimmy Hoffa wound up in the Bermuda Triangle?  That would explain a lot of questions about his disappearance.  Right? 

"The day the music stopped."
-- George Noory, host, "Coast To Coast AM," Premiere Networks, April 27, 2016; referring to the February 3, 1959 plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and "The Big Bopper," real name J.P. Richardson.

Correctly, George, it was nicknamed "The Day the Music Died," by Don McLean in his 1971 song "American Pie." Not "The Day The Music Stopped." But why fret getting things right anyway? It never seems to bother you when you don't.

"You got Scott [unintelligible]...Thank you so much, Steve. I appreciate it. [Pause] Steven Cates..."

-- George Noory; May 26, 2014; apparently misplacing his cue cards and addressing news-segment guest Steve Kates as the previous guest, Scott Carter.   

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 20, 2017, 09:27:43 AM
And one must not forget his thespian turns in Angel and Avenging Angel.

What I remember him best for though is his guest appearance on Gilligan's Island.  The episode was a takeoff on The Most Dangerous Game.
I liked the short "Angel" franchise of films, especially the first one.

Callers last night were funny. The one lady who was possessed by Tony Calderon (a man killed by a palm tree) and so she painted his name all over her house until his family complained but that is ok because he "came back" as her pitbull, who is also black and was "born under her bed," who, "don't tell," she lets run around the neighborhood- he visits the library and this morning was out at the soccer field playing with the boys.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/19/tony-calderon_n_5354055.html

Another lady whose apartment complex got taken over by new management has since gotten 'activity.' She figured this out because she takes photos of the mess from her project in her apartment on old single-use cameras for a "Kodak effect" and got them months later and saw some anomalies.

A lady staying/working an some Odd Fellows Hall that has various types of phenomena occur. (Actually while listening it seemed like you could hear weird sounds on the line, but that could be Norry doing his lame pranks.)

Quote from: albrecht on July 20, 2017, 06:15:33 PM
... (Actually while listening it seemed like you could hear weird sounds on the line, but that could be Norry doing his lame pranks.)

See, George gets it

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 20, 2017, 03:16:07 AM
lol listening to the beginning of the show newscast, Jorch gives the news about John McCain's brain cancer, noting it's the same cancer his sister died of, in this soooooooooo fake choked trembling voice. Then he passes on his 'condolences' WTF - you offer your condolences to those who have just lost a family member or friend. What an idiot.

I also remember when his father died he did the show that night or the next and I don't even remember him taking time off. Nor for his sister.

I recall emailing or texting him the night his sister died and he was giving it the full maudlin BS. I asked him what the hell he was doing on the air when he ought to be with his family that he makes so much fuss about. I don't recall him taking any time off. Did he even go to the funeral? I received no reply, needless to say.

Can you imagine the shit show when Georgette croaks?

Morgus

C2C schedule for this weekend is now up.
Noory is taking off Friday so we get a 3day Noory free weekend, with Jimmy Church guest hosting on Friday followed by two nights with host George Knapp, Sat and Sun! :)

CozyRozie

Amy Martin should give the air conditioner that she got for FREE from her listeners to John Lear.
Amy is not doing any shows lately {or almost none} so she doesn't deserve it ..and John Lear needs it.

George Noory just had an announcement on the air on C2C tonight...that John Lear could use an air conditioner

Morgus

Here is John Lear's "gofundme" page to raise $5500 for an air conditioner for his house:
https://www.gofundme.com/5gg7c8-air-conditioner

Its the middle of the summer here in Las Vegas, daytime temperatures reach 110 degrees, night time up to 88 degrees and my livingroom/kitchen air conditioner goes belly up. The AC company offers to plug the leak of ac gas but find there are too many and the air conditioner is too old.

So what to do? I am in the middle of obtaining or rather trying to obtain a refi as the Bank of America mortgage payment was $3800/mo and BoA sold the mortgage to SLS and the payments went to $5300. So I am trying to hang on until I can get a reasonable refi. The only possibility is to buy a new ac. Price: $5500 with installation.

I would appreciate any help in paying for this air conditioner. My father (developer of the 8 track stereo and Learjet) and I didn't get along so he left me out of his will. I have worked as a commercial pilot for the past 40 years but retired at FAA mandatory age 60,  15 years ago. No pension, no retirement.

If I can get the air conditioner paid for I can hang on until the refi comes through.

I am in extremely poor health and cannot walk without the aid of a pushcart. My wife Marilee and I will be extremely grateful for any help, even if its only a few dollars.  The new air conditioner went in yesterday and I had to use the money I was saving for the mortgage payment to pay for it. Anything will help! All the best, John Lear.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Morgus on July 20, 2017, 11:33:03 PM
Here is John Lear's "gofundme" page to raise $5500 for an air conditioner for his house:

Its the middle of the summer here in Las Vegas, daytime temperatures reach 110 degrees, night time up to 88 degrees and my livingroom/kitchen air conditioner goes belly up. The AC company offers to plug the leak of ac gas but find there are too many and the air conditioner is too old.

So what to do? I am in the middle of obtaining or rather trying to obtain a refi as the Bank of America mortgage payment was $3800/mo and BoA sold the mortgage to SLS and the payments went to $5300. So I am trying to hang on until I can get a reasonable refi. The only possibility is to buy a new ac. Price: $5500 with installation.

I would appreciate any help in paying for this air conditioner. My father (developer of the 8 track stereo and Learjet) and I didn't get along so he left me out of his will. I have worked as a commercial pilot for the past 40 years but retired at FAA mandatory age 60,  15 years ago. No pension, no retirement.

If I can get the air conditioner paid for I can hang on until the refi comes through.

I am in extremely poor health and cannot walk without the aid of a pushcart. My wife Marilee and I will be extremely grateful for any help, even if its only a few dollars.  The new air conditioner went in yesterday and I had to use the money I was saving for the mortgage payment to pay for it. Anything will help! All the best, John Lear.

Morgus,
Thanks for posting this.

So looks like John's father was more less like Art Bell -abandoning his children. How sad.

Morgus

The John Lear gofundme total has increased in the last half hour since Noory mentioned it on the air tonight.
The total is now up to $3790, 63 people have donated in the past 7 days.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Morgus on July 20, 2017, 11:14:16 PM
C2C schedule for this weekend is now up.
Noory is taking off Friday so we get a 3day Noory free weekend, with Jimmy Church guest hosting on Friday followed by two nights with host George Knapp, Sat and Sun! :)

That's a great news.
What a relief from hearing voice and stupidity of the moron George Noory.
I hope he never comes back...AGAIN ... FUCKING ... EVER !!!

... So what to do? I am in the middle of obtaining or rather trying to obtain a refi as the Bank of America mortgage payment was $3800/mo and BoA sold the mortgage to SLS and the payments went to $5300...

The sales of mortgages between lenders is routine.  The terms don't change when the mortgage changes hands, as the terms are laid out in the original mortgage contract.

He may have an adjustable rate mortgage that caused his payment to go up, or who knows what.  Or he may just be trying to gin up sympathy claiming to be in the clutches of an ''evil'' bank.  Whatever issues he has with his mortgage, he signed it, and the new lender didn't change the terms.  If he needed to do a refi, he should have done so long before whatever is causing his payment increase to kick in.

With the mortgage rates as low as they've been the past 10 years, why would anyone even have an adjustable rate mortgage, unless they only planned to stay in the house for a few years?

Why would a a person with no retirement funds put themselves in a position where they have house payments of $5k a month when they are 75?  That's a pretty expensive house for where he lives.

After the 2008 meltdown, why would a lender give him a loan, without him demonstrating where the funds to cover the payment will come from?

If he's as bad off as he says, at his age why doesn't he get a reverse mortgage?

None of this adds up, I wouldn't give him a penny.

The monthly payment on a $1 million loan at 4% over 30 years is $4774.

My suggestion is he sell the place and buy something he can afford.  And stop begging.

Quote from: th'ONE on July 20, 2017, 11:42:16 PM
... So looks like John's father was more less like Art Bell -abandoning his children. How sad.

He's Art's friend alright.  I don't believe anything either one of them says.

Icy Nothing

So, despite no inheritance and 15 years without pension or retirement, he could still manage to make $5500 mortgage payments every month?

EDIT: Looking at it again, at first he needs $$$ to buy the AC, but by the last paragraph the AC is already installed and paid for with the mortgage money.  Which is it?

Quote from: Schultzie on July 21, 2017, 12:35:08 AM
So, despite no inheritance and 15 years without pension or retirement, he could still manage to make $5500 mortgage payments every month?

I wonder if false claims on Go Fund Me are considered wire fraud?  (Not saying what he said is false, we may not have gotten all the information, and his comment about the terms changing at the same time his loan is being sold may have just been poorly worded).

Looks like it to me - per Wiki:  ''In the United States, mail and wire fraud is any fraudulent scheme to intentionally deprive another of property or honest services via mail or wire communication. It has been a federal crime in the United States since 1872"

Morgus

John Lear's gofundme total has gone up $200 in the last hour.

$3800/mo mortgage payment is large, means he's living in an expensive house. He may have quite a bit of equity in the home - which he doesn't mention.
I've never had a mortgage sold to another financial institution - how can they legally raise a mortgage payment by so much?

Sounds to me like he's living in a home that is too expensive for his means. Sell it and move to a smaller/cheaper house or condo or rent.  A $5500 - wtf - I replaced my central air unit 6 years ago and it was $2100 installed. My place was about 2000 sq feet. He must have a 5,000 sq ft home - again too expensive/big for an old couple. And he mentions an a/c unit that cools the kitchen and living room, he's describing window air conditioners then. This story doesn't add up. You either have central air or you have window units - nobody has both.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 21, 2017, 01:04:31 AM
... I've never had a mortgage sold to another financial institution - how can they legally raise a mortgage payment by so much?...

They can't change any of the terms in any respect.

That's what a ''conforming'' loan is - one that is written in boilerplate language conforming to Fannie Mae directives as far as terms, and the borrowers ability to repay.  Fill in the loan amount, interest rate, a few other specifics, and its very easily transferable - many are sold to Fannie Mae, others are sold to any number of various financial institutions (banks, money market funds, pension funds, hedge funds, etc). 

Many of the originators sell the mortgages, but retain the servicing rights - they collect the monthly payments from the homeowner and forward them to the current note holders, while retaining a service fee.

What they don't do is change the terms of the loans.  Can you imagine the outcry if the banks were doing that?  Or even had the ability to do that?  I've always thought John Lear was a complete fraud, but our better selves always want to trust people and believe them.  After this, I have no more thoughts in the back of my mind he may have been telling the truth about anything on the shows I listened to. 

CozyRozie

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 21, 2017, 01:04:31 AM
$3800/mo mortgage payment is large, means he's living in an expensive house. He may have quite a bit of equity in the home - which he doesn't mention.
I've never had a mortgage sold to another financial institution - how can they legally raise a mortgage payment by so much?

Sounds to me like he's living in a home that is too expensive for his means. Sell it and move to a smaller/cheaper house or condo or rent.  A $5500 - wtf - I replaced my central air unit 6 years ago and it was $2100 installed. My place was about 2000 sq feet. He must have a 5,000 sq ft home - again too expensive/big for an old couple. And he mentions an a/c unit that cools the kitchen and living room, he's describing window air conditioners then. This story doesn't add up. You either have central air or you have window units - nobody has both.

Maybe George Noory is taking a cut from the donations -maybe that's why John needs so much money ??  >:( >:( >:(

What a bunch of hucksters and jackasses the whole group of paranormal radio and podcast hosts and their guests are (not that any of this is new). 

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 21, 2017, 01:33:22 AM
What a bunch of hucksters and jackasses the whole group of paranormal radio and podcast hosts and their guests are (not that any of this is new).

yep, grifters.

Talk radio landscape has become really sad, because the audience is older it's attracted predators looking to make a buck off their fears and frailties.

CozyRozie

Amy Martin is quite new :)

CozyRozie

Hey Jackstar they are talking about you in the George Noory Thread

CozyRozie

Quote from: th'ONE on July 21, 2017, 02:39:53 AM
Amy Martin is quite new :)

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 21, 2017, 02:47:14 AM
I don't even know who that is

PB the Deplorable,
Amy Martin... You can get familiar with her in this thread...

Quote from: th'ONE on June 28, 2017, 01:28:12 AM
You are so optimistic.You forgot to take Berni into the equation