• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: Tara on March 06, 2013, 09:46:25 AM
I think "Beyond Belief' is already a failure.  sNoory wanted 10,000 people to sign up before he starts his charity to needy listeners scam.  He said he already has 1,500, WOW. 

With nothing better to do, I calculated (correct my math if wrong) that if only 1,500 people signed up out of the 3 million weekly listeners once alleged on C2C website, it would mean that only .05% of the audience wasted their money on sNoory's internet show.  The audience is dumb, but not that stupid.

thats because Noory's subscription video podcast offers nothing over the free radio broadcasts. the interviews are shorter and don't cover anything that the radio interviews of the same old guests does. who needs to watch Noory sitting behind a desk while he is talking? that doesn't add anything either...

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on March 06, 2013, 02:48:26 PM
who needs to watch Noory sitting behind a desk while he is talking? that doesn't add anything either...
Truth.  8)   Plus, seeing Noory's hand gestures could cause an epileptic fit.

NoMoreNoory

Great Nooryism last night.  Neil deGrasse Tyson, talking about the US losing its lead in space, says

'So there has been hubris, and coasting.....sorry to use the name of your show....'
Snort laugh from Snoory, then
'No, no, that would be apropos.'

??? ??
I think he would mean 'appropriate'? 'Apposite', possibly, but I doubt the Idiot would know what that meant!

Canned Heat

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 06, 2013, 04:49:07 PM
Great Nooryism last night.  Neil deGrasse Tyson, talking about the US losing its lead in space, says

'So there has been hubris, and coasting.....sorry to use the name of your show....'
Snort laugh from Snoory, then
'No, no, that would be apropos.'

??? ??
I think he would mean 'appropriate'? 'Apposite', possibly, but I doubt the Idiot would know what that meant!
Don't get it.  Apropos was not appropriate?  How so?  Or more appropriate, why not?  I remember that, did he say it with an 's'?

Apropos
adverb
fitting; at the right time; to the purpose; opportunely.
Obsolete . by the way.

adjective
opportune; pertinent: apropos remarks.

Idioms
apropos of, with reference to; in respect or regard to: apropos of the preceding statement.
Origin:
1660â€"70;  < French à propos  literally, to purpose < Latin ad prōpositum.  See ad-, proposition

Can be confused: appropriate, apropos, expropriate.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2013.
Cite This Source | Link To apropos

NoMoreNoory

I possibly stand corrected. I'm only aware of its usage in the last given definition, as in 'A propos your remarks at the last meeting', etc. It didn't make any sense to me in the context.

Ha.  I thought you were being sarcastic and I was having a chuckle.
We need some sarcasm      ~~"similies"~~       ;)

Canned Heat

Quote from: Treading Water on March 06, 2013, 05:22:14 PM
Ha.  I thought you were being sarcastic and I was having a chuckle.
We need some sarcasm      ~~"similies"~~       ;)
@ NMN, thank you.  I didn't want to correct you, just wanted to understand   :)

@ TW, seriously?  That's weird.  I'll reserve any further comments for the sake of all.  Only remarking, that implying sarcasm on NMN's part, implied you enjoyed he was sarcastic to ME.  Am I off base?

Whoa.  No offense meant.
I enjoy NoMoreNoory and was just having fun with him.  I was replying to his original comment, forgot to do the quote thing.
The "similies" thing was a while ago.  Just trying to keep it going.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 06, 2013, 05:52:48 PM
@ NMN, thank you.  I didn't want to correct you, just wanted to understand   :)

@ TW, seriously?  That's weird.  I'll reserve any further comments for the sake of all.  Only remarking, that implying sarcasm on NMN's part, implied you enjoyed he was sarcastic to ME.  Am I off base?
Oh, no.  Not another internecine feud.  Focus, people!  The danger is out there, somewhere (probably the "city of Angels" tonight!)...

Canned Heat

Quote from: Treading Water on March 06, 2013, 06:06:11 PM
Whoa.  No offense meant.
I enjoy NoMoreNoory and was just having fun with him.  I was replying to his original comment, forgot to do the quote thing.
The "similies" thing was a while ago.  Just trying to keep it going.
Well I apologize profusely then  :)
No deaths occurred  :P
Moving on.....Noory sucks!
I can't listen tonight, I still have last nights headache.

Canned Heat

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 06, 2013, 06:14:38 PM
Oh, no.  Not another internecine feud.  Focus, people!  The danger is out there, somewhere (probably the "city of Angels" tonight!)...
Heh heh!

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 06, 2013, 05:00:54 PM
Don't get it.  Apropos was not appropriate?...

I've never heard anyone use that word while speaking.  It must have been odd hearing Stroke-Mouth saying it.

I'd say it's a Noorism to use words no one else does, yet are gramatically correct - except we already have Ian for that.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 06, 2013, 08:14:30 PM

I've never heard anyone use that word while speaking.  It must have been odd hearing Stroke-Mouth saying it.

I'd say it's a Noorism to use words no one else does, yet are gramatically correct - except we already have Ian for that.

I've used apropos but not lately. I didn't know it was an obsolete word. I frequently use words that aren't used much anymore because I am a finnikin about history and like finding words in the dictionary. I admit I'm a bit weird in that respect, but I also got into the habit by having an English teacher who was from England and who had a classical education and from playing a lot of Scrabble.

Has anyone noticed just how awfully bad Coast to Coast am has been this week?
I know, the show has been awful for years since Art left.. I think we fully covered that.. But the topics chosen this week show... maybe.. that they gave up? That they are fighting a losing battle? I  don't know what to say.. But Noory losing his home city?? That's huge.
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/noory-s-coast-to-coast-am-leaving-ktrs/article_652757c1-3d19-5af9-99d5-c930d11b5e42.html

VtaGeezer

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 06, 2013, 09:34:14 PM
Has anyone noticed just how awfully bad Coast to Coast am has been this week?
I know, the show has been awful for years since Art left.. I think we fully covered that.. But the topics chosen this week show... maybe.. that they gave up? That they are fighting a losing battle? I  don't know what to say.. But Noory losing his home city?? That's huge.
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/noory-s-coast-to-coast-am-leaving-ktrs/article_652757c1-3d19-5af9-99d5-c930d11b5e42.html
The guests have been mostly OK this week...but Noory is going for new performance lows.  PremRadio runs C2C the way the NO Saints were run for many years...didn't matter how bad the team was; the seats were filled every game. Why reach for "great" when mediocre is so profitable.  Noory is cheap, they have the non-sports audience more or less locked in. When and if the affiliates start to drop off, they'll dump GN and move Wells to week nights and go full-tilt rightwing conspiracy lunacy.

michio

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 06, 2013, 03:24:41 AM

And what's with Snoory always mentioning that he knows Pournelle ? I've known Jerry for years ( on a peripheral basis ). We've sat together at cons and drank beers and sung folk songs, and I've asked him about science questions periodically, but we're not close friends, though I do admire the hell out of him and have his books on my bookshelves.

Snoory talks about him as if they're buddies or something.

Pournelle listens to the show and sends sNoory an email every so often.  I suppose sNoory thinks that makes them BFF. The reason sNoory drops his name, along with that guy from ZZ Top, etc.,  is because sNoory moved to L.A. so he could be nearer to the shallow celebrities and fleeting fame that he worships. It's a part of his vision quest and becoming one with the godhead. ;D

NoMoreNoory

PLEASE tell me that someone else heard Jorch suggest that "Someone could pick up a little baby and hold a knife to it's throat and walk it up to the cockpit." in response to the news that the TSA will soon be allowing small bladed knives onto flights??? What the hell is his sick fascination with babies being harmed?!?

Also...As the second member of the NoMoreNoory team, I don't believe for a second that Jorch knowingly used the word "apropos" in context. If anything, it was dumb luck. Another example of him butchering and misusing. He can't say certain words and flat out refuses to say others. Feb is a good example of that. Both of us use the word apropos in conversation when we want to express that something we are talking about is "relating to" or "in regards to" something else. If you ask me...Jorch was trying to be a smart ass and it fell short as usual. Appropriate is what I think he was trying to say. I could be wrong, but either way.....George Noory Sucks.

LAM4:2

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 07, 2013, 12:44:27 AM
PLEASE tell me that someone else heard Jorch suggest that "Someone could pick up a little baby and hold a knife to it's throat and walk it up to the cockpit." in response to the news that the TSA will soon be allowing small bladed knives onto flights??? What the hell is his sick fascination with babies being harmed?!?

I heard him too, and at first I was like hmmm, but then I was like WTF did he just say?

popple

You have to be a pretty big flop for your home town to not even want to support you.

I didn't hear the "knife to it's throat" baby scenario, but I would not be surprised. Jorch is like the type of guy who would perform abortions on his own wife or bury their new borns in shoe boxes in the back yard.

NoMoreNoory

He always sounds so completely disconnected when talking about children. But yet, he attempts to convey that he cares. It never works. It sounds odd and cold.  He has children, but I would be willing to bet he was the kind of father who never changed a diaper or participated in feeding, and while home alone with his children would refer to it as "babysitting".

Eddie Coyle

PLEASE tell me that someone else heard Jorch suggest that "Someone could pick up a little baby and hold a knife to it's throat and walk it up to the cockpit." in response to the news that the TSA will soon be allowing small bladed knives onto flights???
And I don't even think that's from a movie(his only points of reference)...that's a twisted Noory sadistic treatment of babies original!

Wow Noory has found an equal with Robert Steven Thomas. GN is really pressing him with some deep questions like "If the gods created us, who created them?" Ridley Scott stole that from him for Prometheus. I am expecting Bladerunner 2 to feature Harrison Ford asking "was it angels/is it a portal?"

Falkie2013

There's this post on the web about people driving into the West Portal streetcar tunnel in San Francisco. It happens periodically with older people or drunks.

I fully expect Snoory to come on one night and tell us of his experience when he was driving down a lonely fog covered road and suddenly his car is enveloped in a bright light and he drives into this brightly lit tunnel and ... barely escapes with his life as a semi veers into his lane.

" Suddenly it was so bright I had no choice but to drive my car into this portal to escape the blinding light. I felt so much fear ... "

Or some story in that vein.

He'll try to make it sound as if he was in imminent danger of being abducted by aliens, but the Greys are too smart to abduct Snoory because he has bad genetic material.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

michio

That's what the DB said. He needs help.

Maxwell

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 07, 2013, 02:05:40 AM
Wow Noory has found an equal with Robert Steven Thomas. GN is really pressing him with some deep questions like "If the gods created us, who created them?" Ridley Scott stole that from him for Prometheus. I am expecting Bladerunner 2 to feature Harrison Ford asking "was it angels/is it a portal?"
Maybe George is a replicant.  That would explain a lot.

Doomed

noorys questions became so idiotic that the guest slid to a complete standstill, unable to answer a whooper of a question from noodlebrain. Then, in his glorious hostitude, he cautioned the guest to NOT stop, or he would have to move on.
WTF??? How can the poor bastard answer the unanswerable question?
The poor guy, and yes, you could hear it, was biting his tongue to keep from laughing out loud at jorch and his piss-poor queries.
I have a strong hunch this guy wont be back.

popple

LOL Move on to... open lines???  ???

I wasn't sure what Jorch was asking either.

Falkie2013

Quote from: michio on March 07, 2013, 02:24:39 AM
That's what the DB said. He needs help.

Isn't this the same guy who for years droned on and on about how he wanted others to adopt/sponsor children in other countries night after night ?

And acted as if he was soooo concerned about the fate of these ( and presumably, children in general ) kids.

Yet he dares to imagine babies being harmed with a knife on a plane ?

I heard it too but my brain just shut it out as typical Snoory babbling. I personally think its idiotic of the TSA to allow any knife on a plane, 2 inch long or otherwise but  I'm not the idiot who supervises the TSA, thank Ghu.

Terrorists are lowly scum who need to die but as far as I know, while their efforts HAVE killed children in airports ( Athens a number of years ago ), even they have drawn the line at babies.

The Koran says one does not make war upon children and women but some of these guys ignore that provision of a book they claim to hold most sacred.

And what's really sad is unlike when ( as an example ) Rush says something outrageous, Snoory never gets any bad press over his statements.

Probably because its in the middle of the night when people collectively go :

" what in the f*ck did he just say ? " and just move on to listen to him drone on and on and on about something equally stupid.

If he were a daytime host, we'd be hearing about it in the mainstream media.

Tonight's sound-off was a lady from Montana calling out the illuminati.
Score one for freedom. America wins again.

Falkie2013

Quote from: popple on March 07, 2013, 02:33:35 AM
LOL Move on to... open lines???  ???

I wasn't sure what Jorch was asking either.

Well, there's always dead air after open lines.

Which in Snoory's case would be an improvement.

Deliver us from babble-a-lity, oh sage of the desert and come back to radio.

Let your people go !