• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: zeebo on February 10, 2017, 12:26:14 AM
Ya know, there were like three obvious mangled words I could've listed here tonite.  But, I just don't have it in me to care.  Also that second martini knocked them out of my brain.
I had you pegged as part of the martini set. Myself, i sometimes take a swig of whatever rotgut is available while listening to FRI open lines for every nooryism and crazy caller. Needless to say, i sleep well on those friday nights.

"Carl, what was the... umm... most good or most.. okay most interesting thing would you say, in all of this?"

Tonight's guest Carl Fubar: Uh uh uh the thing is it it is and it uh uh uh ah that's a great question uh George and it an uh an an an...."

Just kill yourselves.

zeebo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on February 10, 2017, 01:15:25 AM
I had you pegged as part of the martini set. Myself, i sometimes take a swig of whatever rotgut is available while listening to FRI open lines for every nooryism and crazy caller. Needless to say, i sleep well on those friday nights.

Lol I count out my olives to the regular callers during open lines.  C'mon Annie, Corny, and Jeff .. I'm ready for another round.  :D

Quote from: zeebo on February 10, 2017, 01:59:18 AM
Lol I count out my olives to the regular callers during open lines.  C'mon Annie, Corny, and Jeff .. I'm ready for another round.  :D
lol. no dice on that front but there's always tomorrow...two drinks if the elusive conspiracy theorist who believes Stephen King assasinated John Lennon makes an appearance

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 09, 2017, 11:39:03 PM
Jimmie who?
He runs that radio show Dark something or other and he has hosted Coast.  He is generally peaceful and quick paced.  I think he does well, although the nickname he calls his girlfriend seems kind of tough, but I can't remember what it is.

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on February 09, 2017, 05:45:14 PM
Noory will interrupt a guest while the guest is saying something interesting.  He will usually ask a superficial question and a guest who is not used to Noory's bs will just go wherever Noory wants to take him. 

There is a balance that has to be met and Noory has not figured out what that is.  Noory does not get the best out of each guest because he does not follow where the conversation is leading.  He is often a distraction.  A good guest with Noory must, beforehand, have an agenda and when Noory interrupts, keep steering the conversation back to where you want it to go.  Flatter the host, if you have to, just to keep him happy.   
It is almost like he times it. The best, if one can use that word, question or story from the guest, will be timed right before a commercial break and then when they come back they are off on another subject the most interesting part of the guest's story is never given, answered, resolved, or is cut-short. It is like he skipped out of class early when they were talking about cliff-hangers and keeping an audience's attention.

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2017, 04:14:49 PM
It is almost like he times it. The best, if one can use that word, question or story from the guest, will be timed right before a commercial break and then when they come back they are off on another subject the most interesting part of the guest's story is never given, answered, resolved, or is cut-short. It is like he skipped out of class early when they were talking about cliff-hangers and keeping an audience's attention.
Yes.  Art used to dig in when a guest mentioned something that could be potentially interesting.  He got all the meat possible out of any train of thought.  Heather tries to do that, but she does not have Art's knowledge and experience.  Noory is VERY lucky that he got this spot.  Around the country this is the ONE program that offers this type of material, esp. on a daily basis. 

From what I've heard, and I don't listen to it that often, the guest who are bigger names, like LMH, will stick to their script.  Johnathan Hari did this, as well, which surprised me.  He must have listened ahead of time. 

I don't know why they don't resume the same conversation when they come back from commercial.  Maybe Noory has a retention problem.  Could be. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: loveslibraries on February 10, 2017, 04:04:30 AM
I think he does well, although the nickname he calls his girlfriend seems kind of tough, but I can't remember what it is.

Tommy?

Zetaspeak

So no guest scheduled tonight and next week lineup looks absolutely dreadful

Monday Realizing life goals, Tuesday Spirit Guides,  Wednesday Natural medicine, Thursday GMO Dangers, Next Friday Talk to the animals.  Just awful topics all week long.

The week that we just had the only show that caught my attention was the Dorothy Kilgallen show.

Ciardelo

This week sucked, I never did find out who the "Whore of Babylon" was  >:(

aldousburbank

Quote from: Zetaspeak on February 10, 2017, 08:08:49 PM

Monday Realizing life goals, Tuesday Spirit Guides,  Wednesday Natural medicine, Thursday GMO Dangers, Next Friday Talk to the animals.  Just awful topics all week long.

I will be realizing one of my life goals by not listening.

starrmtn001

The week that we just had the only show that caught my attention was the Dorothy Kilgallen show.
Friday sounds cool.  I'll ask my Cat whether she'd be interested in listening to it.  If she is, we'll be here. ;) ;D

Zetaspeak

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 10, 2017, 08:18:38 PM
Friday sounds cool.  I'll ask my Cat whether she'd be interested in listening to it.  If she is, we'll be here. ;) ;D

;D LOL You might be right, this might be "out there" enough that it could turn into a fun episode.

aldousburbank

Talking to animals is fine. Animals talking to you is not.

ItsOver

Damn, that lineup is worse than daytime TV.  Oprah, The Pseudo Doctors... gag.

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 10, 2017, 08:30:48 PM
Yeah?  Tell that to my Cat and see how far it gets ya. :o ;D

Jackstar

can confirm
source: if any of the beasts if I converse with on a regular basis ever start talking back, it's going from Disney to Wes Craven in a New York minute

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on February 10, 2017, 08:39:07 PM

JAZ??! :o

Well, good!  Now that you're in America, you can start catching up on you JazCasts! ;D

whoozit

Words to live by.  Are you listening Kevin?