• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on August 17, 2022, 02:59:37 PMI remember that photo.  I think @ItsOver has a copy.

There was even a video. Yes "ItsOver" is a great source for Dave Norway photographic and video material. That weird outdoor concert with a make-shift stage and people milling about going through coolers. I haven't looked and not sure how but there was some great art, vids, gifs, on the site, especially related to RCH but also Wade and the whole crew. RCH fleeing a blown up NASA facility was classic. And the towering Ed Dames teaching some college kids his course. And that one with his new Ukrainian family (he moved there because it was safe.)

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on August 17, 2022, 02:57:54 PMSomewhere I got a photo of TOMMEE and Dave in a parade riding around in a GTO (I think, I might be forgetting make) and stunned people look like "who the F are these people" and "when can I cross the street." Children wondering looks like what the heck was going on, and why. I recall some make-shift signage held on to the car by blue painter tape, so coming off, and also horses in the parade took a large crap in front of them. Pasadena or somewhere maybe. It was bizarre.
Ah, yes. The infamous Burbank parade, with Dave and Tommee as last minute substitute guests. I don't have the video or photos readily available but there's this from the C2C site.
"George Noory and producer Tom Danheiser rode in the 32nd annual Burbank on Parade, this past Saturday, April 6, 2013."

I love the video that looks as if it was shot by Zapruder, of JFK assassination fame.

ItsOver

Go to 4:15 and you can see Jorch and Tommee, with the infamous makeshift sign flapping in the breeze.  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on August 17, 2022, 03:45:38 PMAh, yes. The infamous Burbank parade, with Dave and Tommee as last minute substitute guests. I don't have the video or photos readily available but there's this from the C2C site.
"George Noory and producer Tom Danheiser rode in the 32nd annual Burbank on Parade, this past Saturday, April 6, 2013."

I love the video that looks as if it was shot by Zapruder, of JFK assassination fame.

Yes the video is like some weird avant-garde film primarily due to the content, not just the filming. Sorta neo-realism and gritty where the audience is subject of the film rather than the dolt and the obese guy. Lots of things and people in the background. Something that people go to see in weird independent theaters at claim is great, primarily to pick up film student chicks, but really hate and try quickly to 'let's get out of here on some premise. You know there is this frat party with some kegs and awesome punch. I know it is sexist, I'm voting for the EPA but could be fun. See the apes in their natural habitat. And free beer since my grant on French post-modern realism as applied to Watergate and neo-colonial retranchment is not forthcoming."

ItsOver

That sign still makes me laugh.  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on August 17, 2022, 05:35:48 PMThat sign still makes me laugh.  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.
And KFI had great radio guys like Hendrie (maybe not in person or to his listeners, sometimes, but comedy and radio gold) and they don't even get that sign right for the show. And this affix with painter's blue tape which is intended to be removed easily covering up the sign for the original star guests for this parade! Classic. Even in these pics you can see confused citizens wondering 'what the hell is going on? who are these people?' Are they also trying to dress like MIBs or Shadow People? Why the all black situation?

ItsOver

Joe: "Who's taking the George Clooney car, since he can't make the parade?"

Bill: "Two schmo's I've never heard of. Here's a sign I just printed out. Grab that roll of 3M blue tape and slap it on over the Clooney sign."

;)  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on August 17, 2022, 05:44:27 PMJoe: "Who's taking the George Clooney car, since he can't make the parade?"

Bill: "Two schmo's I've never heard of. Here's a sign I just printed out. Grab that roll of 3M blue tape and slap it on over the Clooney sign."

;)  ;D
And the background people, even in that photo. Looked some kind of possible dispute happening but not escalated, yet. And there are others where are distraught or confused children. One guy with him arms folded and an angry look like "I want to leave but my street is shut down." As I recall.

Fruitdriller

Quote from: albrecht on August 17, 2022, 05:42:39 PMcitizens wondering 'what the hell is going on? who are these people?' Are they also trying to dress like MIBs or Shadow People? Why the all black situation?

For them, it was a funeral procession: someone got blowed the eff up.

albrecht

Quote from: Fruitdriller on August 17, 2022, 06:15:19 PMFor them, it was a funeral procession: someone got blowed the eff up.
Or maybe why the signage was changed?

ItsOver

April 6, 2013 - a date which will live in hilarity.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on August 17, 2022, 07:25:02 PMApril 6, 2013 - a date which will live in hilarity.

That video is amazing. And Burbank* isn't bumf*ck nowhere but, yes, still has the western past and glad they keeping that alive but that parade. And I hate to shame a parade- because who doesn't love one- but that was sad. The spectators seemed disillusioned or even upset. The parade management seemed suspect. Weird spacing and lack of planning.

*I use their airport when I go to LA region because smaller and, though some new works, still old school like.

I worry about Dave. Could TOMMEE be gaslighting him? Changing up stuff, manipulating levels, 3x5 cards out of order, taking some real calls sometimes.....?

albrecht

Slurring and left show early again and replayed a 'Haunted Housewives' segment for the last 1/2 hour.

Morgus

Ian Punnett takes over tonight and tomorrow.
That means none of the sad pack regular callers allowed...

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on August 19, 2022, 07:28:12 PMIan Punnett takes over tonight and tomorrow.
That means none of the sad pack regular callers allowed...
True. But brings with his own baggage. Odd interest in crime, drinking, etc.

Silphion

Quote from: albrecht on August 19, 2022, 10:57:51 PMTrue. But brings with his own baggage. Odd interest in crime, drinking, etc.

A pompous prick, always presenting himself as better and smarter than his audience.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Silphion on August 20, 2022, 12:27:48 AMA pompous prick, always presenting himself as better and smarter than his audience.

Dude really puts the pous in pompous.
Hi Ian. Love you man.

Lilith

I can't even remember the last year I listened to Ian.

albrecht

Quote from: Silphion on August 20, 2022, 12:27:48 AMA pompous prick, always presenting himself as better and smarter than his audience.

He had some good guests but, yeah, the same pompous Ian who thinks he is smarter than the audience and guests and is always going on with his lefty political bent and ecumenical attitudes.

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2022, 01:49:47 PMHe had some good guests but, yeah, the same pompous Ian who thinks he is smarter than the audience and guests and is always going on with his lefty political bent and ecumenical attitudes.

Plus he looks like the dude always bumming weed.

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 21, 2022, 03:14:45 PMPlus he looks like the dude always bumming weed.
He does. He also looks like he wouldn't mind attending the Norry "Eat and Greet" event. I wonder if TOMMEE came up with that idea for a promotion. And who attends these things.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/calendar/62ec8e3d06ec9ce74ee00902/

albrecht

The snake expert last night got a lot of push-back from callers. Norry snoozed and allowed him to talk Lilith 'taking sperm' and sex position preferred by Adam that led, besides her not being obedient, for Adam to ask God to get him a new wife.  I liked that the guest pushed back on callers and even just said to Joe who was pontificating: "the AMA symbol only has one snake." Joe, of course, simply said "Ok" then continued his diatribe. Norry said his comments were "above our pay-grade."

NoMoreNoory

We were treated to a Noory joke on Tuesday with Faust Ruggiero discussing anxiety and depression. In the middle of serious comments and description of severe OCD and how it wrecks sufferers' lives, Joorch offers this.
"I have a friend who does counseling. He told me he holds group meetings for OCD sufferers. I asked him what happens in the sessions. He said 'Not much, but we meet ten times a day.' "
He follows with an odd, adenoidal half-giggle and, in the absence of gales of laughter from Faust, added 'You can use that any time you like.'

On the same subject, he later offered his own issue.
"I can't stand a burned-out light bulb. If one goes out in the house, I have to replace it immediately, so I always make sure there are back-up bulbs in the house. Is that a hang-up?"
Sounding very disinterested, Faust assured him it was. Joorch ploughed on. If he drives past a store at night and an illuminated letter in the store's name is out, he gets very upset. To the extent that he thinks the manager should be fired. "To me, it's sloppy," he said, and added that he likes everything to be done the way it should be done, and like things done properly.
An insight into the way Joorch might run things at Coast? Certainly ironic, I thought, coming from a talk-show host who has never managed to master the basic tools of his trade after decades on the job. You know, talking, listening, exchanging views beyond the same rote questions and 3x5 cards, reading copy, extemporising etc etc.

aldousburbank

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on August 25, 2022, 10:20:33 PMAnd Ed Dames tonight......
I wonder if he found the gold in Ukrainian from the space shuttle that did the killshot on JonBonet Ramsey?

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 25, 2022, 10:47:37 PMI wonder if he found the gold in Ukrainian from the space shuttle that did the killshot on JonBonet Ramsey?

That should be a top right quote. Dr.Doom basically just blathered on and Norry napped. Apparently he is living in the Mojave desert now. So be on look out for a midget with a Dutchboy Paint haircut. Show was cut short and a replay even after the LMH replacement lady that normally stimulates Norry. "He is winding down, folks."

Morgus

Ed Dames last night predicted the upcoming Nov 2022 midterm elections will be canceled due to Martial Law being declared.  Another test of his remote viewing then coming up in only a few months...

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on August 26, 2022, 01:58:59 PMEd Dames last night predicted the upcoming Nov 2022 midterm elections will be canceled due to Martial Law being declared.  Another test of his remote viewing then coming up in only a few months...

Always with attention to details Morgus. Thanks! I wasn't paying attention while mowing but do recall some claims, though he was vague but not a 'dirty bomb' or maybe said that? Idk. A data point to remember when the elections happen though.

Morgus

Dames talked about remote viewing years ago a "dirty bomb" terrorist attack on New York City, but that never materialized.
He also commented on China taking over Taiwan and Russia taking over most of Ukraine in the near future.
Oddly, years ago Dames claimed his remote viewing showed Ukraine would be one of the few "safe zones" in the future...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on August 26, 2022, 02:50:56 PMDames talked about remote viewing years ago a "dirty bomb" terrorist attack on New York City, but that never materialized.
He also commented on China taking over Taiwan and Russia taking over most of Ukraine in the near future.
Oddly, years ago Dames claimed his remote viewing showed Ukraine would be one of the few "safe zones" in the future...

Maybe it's the haircut?