• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on August 08, 2020, 03:16:01 PM
Yes, we have been vetted and trained in Bellgab diversity training and receive frequent refresher courses.
Praise Lee and pass the dirty panties...Ahhhhhh.

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on August 08, 2020, 07:12:11 AM
All I know is that having money takes the sting out of being poor.
Plus, more time for shit posting on BellGab.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 08, 2020, 09:44:05 AM
Yes.  My favorite caller was the guy who dubbed himself "The Prince of Labor."  His calls with Cunningham and McConnell were legendary.  I know he was for real, McConnell told me about him at a WLW function back in the 90s.  I was good friends with Andy Furman, was an in-studio and remote broadcast guest with him and Tom Dinkle on a number of occasions.   Dink and Furman are two of the nicest people I've ever met, Trumpy not so much.
Great memory, UD.  Ah, yes, "The Prince of Labor." ;D And The Fur Ball, none the less!  Impressive, UD.  I hear Furman on ESPN radio early in the morning, after C2C, every once in awhile.  Yeah, I'd expect that of Trumpy.  He always came across as having an ego larger than the Brent Spence bridge.  Still, with the cast of different characters and personalities, it was part of what made things interesting and amusing.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Jackstar on August 08, 2020, 07:41:28 AM

You can get one of these down at the Lodge gift shop for like fifty bucks. Don't expect any Autons to wake up, Princess.

I had to google "Autons." It's from Dr. Who, yes? Obscure references from sci-fi programs go right over my head.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 08, 2020, 08:03:31 AM
I tend to agree with you, shill callers who simply annoy listeners defeat the purpose.   If any of the regular callers was a shill, I'd think it would be the crotchety octanagarian skeptic "Walt from Pennsylvania.  He consistently confronts guests, and certainly has said some shocking things, including comparing the morals of God to those of Hitler. 

I know IHeart predecessor Jaycor used shill callers, most were on-air talent from stations owned by the company in other markets.  A particularly loathsome caller to a couple shows here in Cincinnati was a morning shock jock in northern California, I heard his show while on business outside of Sacramento.

Haha, Walt's an odd duck. I like his Pennsylvania accent. Someone here does a great rendition of it. (In written form, of course.)

My pet peeve are the callers who spend the first two minutes thanking George for accepting their call and fawning all over him. However, if I ever called the show, I'd probably do the exact same thing!

I also don't like the ones who waste time asking, "How are you?" Who wants to be asked how you are every five minutes?

I like the two Joes (Bronx and Long Island). They dispense with the pleasantries and get right down to business!

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on August 08, 2020, 05:38:36 PM
Haha, Walt's an odd duck. I like his Pennsylvania accent. Someone here does a great rendition of it. (In written form, of course.)

My pet peeve are the callers who spend the first two minutes thanking George for accepting their call and fawning all over him. However, if I ever called the show, I'd probably do the exact same thing!

I also don't like the ones who waste time asking, "How are you?" Who wants to be asked how you are every five minutes?

I like the two Joes (Bronx and Long Island). They dispense with the pleasantries and get right down to business!
Walt has his own show. Intermittent on Sundays on his local AM station. I forget what that was but he has mentioned on air. I have yet to actually track it down for a listen. Somewhere here I posted it, I think. He, like the guy who defended Terry Schivo and is big into bankruptcy for student loans, Gordon Wayne Watts frequently mention their full names and sites on air. Oddly Norry seems to allow them to do so whereas usually last names aren't supposed to be used on air.  Norry also allowed "Corny" to doxx himself.

Walt: "I'll tell ya George you know me. The Bible is just a made up deal and ya know the Joose. I mean there are good ones like this Mark Levine but ya know George you have these Joose like Soros."

Norry: "Now Walt hold on dere. We don't want to get into..."

Walt: "I know, I won't go any further but ya know George these Neo-Cons who want wars and this Soros, George. You know who took the guns? Hitler. this liberals wanna take our guns George. I tell ya. I worked as a kid. We didn't protest, we worked. Now days these kids go to school and learn from Soros to protest. I tell ya."

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on August 08, 2020, 06:06:09 PM
"...Now days these kids go to school and learn from Soros to protest. I tell ya."
Hey, it's not like they're doing it for free.

Soros, Pelosi, Ginsburg... it must be nice to be evil and get to live forever.

Uncle Duke

Walt has his own show. Intermittent on Sundays on his local AM station. I forget what that was but he has mentioned on air. I have yet to actually track it down for a listen. Somewhere here I posted it, I think. He, like the guy who defended Terry Schivo and is big into bankruptcy for student loans, Gordon Wayne Watts frequently mention their full names and sites on air. Oddly Norry seems to allow them to do so whereas usually last names aren't supposed to be used on air.  Norry also allowed "Corny" to doxx himself.

Walt: "I'll tell ya George you know me. The Bible is just a made up deal and ya know the Joose. I mean there are good ones like this Mark Levine but ya know George you have these Joose like Soros."

Walt: "I know, I won't go any further but ya know George these Neo-Cons who want wars and this Soros, George. You know who took the guns? Hitler. this liberals wanna take our guns George. I tell ya. I worked as a kid. We didn't protest, we worked. Now days these kids go to school and learn from Soros to protest. I tell ya."

I remember Walt saying he wrote a newspaper column, but don't recall him doing a radio show.  If you find the show let me know, I think it would be a hoot to listen to.

Gyoza Girl

Yep, I remember Walt saying he had a radio show. I was impressed, because I can't imagine it's easy to get a slot on a radio station.

That's a very good imitation of him. :)

ItsOver

I wonder who this new host is.

DATE
Friday - August 14 2020
HOST
Geroge Noory
GUESTS
Kevin D. Randle , Open Lines

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2020-08-14-show/

Maybe Geroge is related to Dave.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on August 09, 2020, 02:40:15 AM
Yep, I remember Walt saying he had a radio show. I was impressed, because I can't imagine it's easy to get a slot on a radio station.

If you can bring sponsor dollars, especially to the time slots that historically have poor listener numbers, you'd get a show.  If you'll listen to a local AM station on a Sunday afternoon/evening, you'll probably hear mostly public service programming with public service announcements (PSAs) in place of commercials.  Since stations are required by the FCC to air so many hours of public service programming, it's usually relegated to times advertisers won't buy because few are listening.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 09, 2020, 05:12:47 AM

DATE
Friday - August 14 2020
HOST
Geroge Noory
GUESTS

Probably nepotism. They won't let just anybody host!

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on August 09, 2020, 02:40:15 AM

I've never worked in radio but I think in many markets it is a dying platform (unfortunately) and so it might be easier than you think to get a show. Especially in early morning weekend, late nights, etc. There is even pay-to-play especially on weekend with real estate advisors, health experts, religious broadcasts, etc. I laugh when I think that Walt's show might air after The Lutheran Hour or Catholic Radio on Sunday morning. And some are temporary or seasonal. For example we have one show early, early on weekends where some guy sort of rambles on about hunting and fishing (the only people up then are likely people headed out to the woods or lake, I guess.) I think also some shows are sold as a block- for example to get Rush Limbaugh the station also "gets" C2C or something.

I never heard Walt Da Atheist say he had a radio show, I do remember him saying/bragging he had a newspaper column.

I also seem to remember him saying he was from Illinois/Chicago not coal country of Pennsylvania but it's possible with that thick accent I just assumed he was from somewhere near Chicago.

Lots of AM radio is paid programming -  anybody can get their own show if you are willing to pay.

Jojo

DATE
Friday - August 14 2020
HOST
Geroge Noory
GUESTS

Hilarious.  Makes one wonder if George types as well as he speaks, lol.
Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 08, 2020, 08:03:31 AM
I tend to agree with you, shill callers who simply annoy listeners defeat the purpose.   If any of the regular callers was a shill, I'd think it would be the crotchety octanagarian skeptic "Walt from Pennsylvania.  He consistently confronts guests, and certainly has said some shocking things, including comparing the morals of God to those of Hitler. 

I know IHeart predecessor Jaycor used shill callers, most were on-air talent from stations owned by the company in other markets.  A particularly loathsome caller to a couple shows here in Cincinnati was a morning shock jock in northern California, I heard his show while on business outside of Sacramento. 
I think there is only one fake caller.  And George just lets the guy talk and tries to get it over with.  The guy sounds like he's in his 40s, articulates a lot, and has a dialect like he's East of the Rocky Mountians.  He starts out hot and heavy with something titillating and then wraps it up and hangs up.  But you can by the timbre of his voice and by they way he just gives his spiel and hangs up that he's a fake.  He doesn't try to make a connection with George or elaborate and have an intelligent exchange.  He just says a spiel.  It is almost palpable how George just quickly patronizes him in order to move on.  At least with some of the other suspected fakes, George gets real and kind of makes connections, so I think those people are real.

Morgus

DATE
Friday - August 14 2020
HOST
Geroge Noory
GUESTS

Haha I see they fixed the spelling already on the c2cam website, one of Noory's staff must monitor this thread often...

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on August 10, 2020, 05:43:15 PM
Haha I see they fixed the spelling already on the c2cam website, one of Noory's staff must monitor this thread often...
Heh, heh, heh.  Geroge, we hardly knew ye.  :'(  :D

Jojo

Usually I wouldn't like the thought of George as a monster.  But when given the name Geroge, he might be kind of a cute monster.

Usually I turn off my radio for woo ladies, but I did listen to the second guest. She surprised me by saying something I have never heard from a woo lady on C2C. She said that we don't create our own realities, and in many cases we have no control over events in our lives. She illustrated this with a story about how all their "intention" could not save a sickly foal ( I thought George would jump in with his horse farm story, but I was wrong). Of course, create-your-own-reality George was surprised and shot back with his tired old story about his "teacher" (charlatan) friend who takes his "students" to Vegas.   However, George made up a story detail he had not used before. He said the teacher forced one group of students to hold negative thoughts. How does one force someone to think negatively? George often makes spur of the moment changes to his tired old stories.   This is very easy to catch, because I know his stories so well,  I could almost repeat them word-for-word.

Hogue was wrong about Susan Rice. Maybe his "oracle" has grown weary of being used by a slob con-artist, and has abandoned ship. I wonder if Snoorge will mention Hogue's failure tonight.

Morgus

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on August 11, 2020, 07:34:31 PM
Hogue was wrong about Susan Rice. Maybe his "oracle" has grown weary of being used by a slob con-artist, and has abandoned ship. I wonder if Snoorge will mention Hogue's failure tonight.
Noory will probably just excuse Hogue like he did with Trump vs Clinton, saying well he did pick the one who won the popular vote.  Maybe Rice was the most expected so he got it right after all in Noory's mind...  :o

Jojo

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on August 11, 2020, 07:34:31 PM
Usually I turn off my radio for woo ladies, but I did listen to the second guest. She surprised me by saying something I have never heard from a woo lady on C2C. She said that we don't create our own realities, and in many cases we have no control over events in our lives. She illustrated this with a story about how all their "intention" could not save a sickly foal ( I thought George would jump in with his horse farm story, but I was wrong). Of course, create-your-own-reality George was surprised and shot back with his tired old story about his "teacher" (charlatan) friend who takes his "students" to Vegas.   However, George made up a story detail he had not used before. He said the teacher forced one group of students to hold negative thoughts. How does one force someone to think negatively? George often makes spur of the moment changes to his tired old stories.   This is very easy to catch, because I know his stories so well,  I could almost repeat them word-for-word.

I'm glad she acknowledged that we don't control our realities.  We can make choices, and we can influence results, but in the end, we do not control the outcomes.

Maybe the teacher had others mob the unwitting student with demoralization.

Jojo

Quote from: Morgus on August 11, 2020, 08:05:03 PM
Noory will probably just excuse Hogue like he did with Trump vs Clinton, saying well he did pick the one who won the popular vote.  Maybe Rice was the most expected so he got it right after all in Noory's mind...  :o
Who cares what Noory says as long as he's playing awful songs like "Kiss Me Goodbye" ("There's someone new").  My radio is off.

pate

Quote from: Jojo on August 12, 2020, 12:15:36 AM
Who cares what Noory says as long as he's playing awful songs like "Kiss Me Goodbye" ("There's someone new").  My radio is off.

It would have been so much better if Dave had played any one of the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IePTH1PWzAs

o-or-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVbawRPO7I

uh-or-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uThnUmWRCCs

-p

Jojo

Quote from: pate on August 12, 2020, 01:18:40 AM
It would have been so much better if Dave had played any one of the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IePTH1PWzAs

o-or-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVbawRPO7I

uh-or-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uThnUmWRCCs

-p
The sounds in the first 7 seconds of the first video, "Maybe", provide immediate relief from psychotronic torture, like the sounds of old fashioned accelerating train wheels also do.  It was the sounds of live studio recording equipment in stereo.  Something sounded like a fan operating.  I vote for that one.  I wanted to put it on You Tube Loop where I could just play the 7 seconds looping all night, but the video was not found in You Tube Loop.  I could loop it here, but it would not be the 7 Heavenly seconds; it would be the whole thing.

I tried to search "sounds of old fashioned live studio recording equipment" but no sounds came up.  Not even ASMR, which isn't my favorite style anyhow.

Well that was fun.

The next one seems okay. You're just trying to cheer me up.

But I didn't see or hear the last one.  I am blind to half-naked models.

Gyoza Girl

So last night George says he doesn't want to appear "insensitive," but is it possible all the elderly people who have died of Covid would have died soon anyway?

Translation: "Against all reason, I am doubling down on my laughable notion that Covid hasn't really caused the deaths of 164,000 Americans."

ShayP

I avoid the alternative health shows but I was up and needed something on in the background.  Did anyone else catch good old Doc Wallet claim that he helped a woman get her husband out of his 8 month coma?  He claimed he was on life support with no brainwaves.  His advice was to feed him a mixture of heavy cream and soft boiled eggs through his feeding tube and for the woman to keep him (Doc) updated every 2 weeks.  Allegedly it brought that guy out of his coma after 3 days.  ::)  Oh...if I recall correctly he told the woman to not let them (hospital staff) know.  I tried to visualize how this all went down.  Did the lady bring a funnel?

I am hoping I misheard that and have it skewed, but I'm not so sure.  I was just taken back at his claim and his utterly absurd advice.

Does he have stock in poultry farms?  His obsession with eggs is ridiculous.  He also recommended alternatives to chicken eggs, and at one point said he consumed 40 quail eggs.  This was brought up after someone said they were sensitive to chicken eggs and of course recommended they eat 40 quail eggs.

Doc also bragged about his sex life.  Noory said "That's too much information."  Agreed.

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on August 12, 2020, 08:53:18 AM
So last night George says he doesn't want to appear "insensitive," but is it possible all the elderly people who have died of Covid would have died soon anyway?

Translation: "Against all reason, I am doubling down on my laughable notion that Covid hasn't really caused the deaths of 164,000 Americans."
Norry's views are also contrary to his money-making ventures. His core audience are people who are most likely to be victims of the COVID-19. The elderly, prisoners, shut-ins with comorbidity, frail smokers, and generally seem to be lower, or fixed, income people who often don't believe in modern medicine and rely on quacks and supplements to the exclusion of doctors. Who will listen, attend his big events, pay for his health MLM schemes, and use his dating app if he accepts that they "would die anyway."

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on August 12, 2020, 01:02:53 PM
I avoid the alternative health shows but I was up and needed something on in the background.  Did anyone else catch good old Doc Wallet claim that he helped a woman get her husband out of his 8 month coma?  He claimed he was on life support with no brainwaves.  His advice was to feed him a mixture of heavy cream and soft boiled eggs through his feeding tube and for the woman to keep him (Doc) updated every 2 weeks.  Allegedly it brought that guy out of his coma after 3 days.  ::)  Oh...if I recall correctly he told the woman to not let them (hospital staff) know.  I tried to visualize how this all went down.  Did the lady bring a funnel?

I am hoping I misheard that and have it skewed, but I'm not so sure.  I was just taken back at his claim and his utterly absurd advice.

Does he have stock in poultry farms?  His obsession with eggs is ridiculous.  He also recommended alternatives to chicken eggs, and at one point said he consumed 40 quail eggs.  This was brought up after someone said they were sensitive to chicken eggs and of course recommended they eat 40 quail eggs.

Doc also bragged about his sex life.  Noory said "That's too much information."  Agreed.
I didn't listen but I seem to recall hearing Doc Wallet tell that story before. And I recall laughing at it that time I heard trying to picture the comedy of some lady sneaking in a concoction of heavy cream and soft-boiled eggs to the hospital room and somehow delivering it to her comatose husband.

At least quail eggs are smaller, though 40 still seems like an unreasonable amount.  I also wonder if it would be safe for someone with a egg allergy. Is there such a thing that one would be allergic to only chicken eggs but other fowl's eggs are ok? 

Doc Wallet has bragged on his libido and conquests before.