• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

i just tuned in and Noory was shilling the stupid Everette Washington show which the brains behind this sham, Tommy, is now calling 'radio to stage',  what an innovation! almost as brilliant as Hoagland's 'radio with pictures'.

so Noory in full used car salesman mode says 'folks the seats are selling out faster than I thought they would' -  hahahahaha HE HAS BEEN SHILLING THIS SHOW FOR MONTHS, IT IS A SMALL THEATER, 800 SEATS AND THERE ARE STILL SEATS AVAILABLE but sure Jorch, they are selling faster than you thought they would. 

And I guarantee you these losers haven't even bothered to ask the city/county/state whether there are restrictions on theaters due to Covid. Prepare yourself for the announcement where this show is cancelled and George whines about the overreaction to Covid and nobody ever says anything about the regular flu killing tens of thousands of people. He will be lucky if the show gets cancelled because it's obvious ticket sales are bad. Of course he'll lie and say the show was sold out.

Morgus

Noory mentioned they are concerned about caller Thomas in La Jolla. He hasn't called in for weeks...

Noory has Thomas' number. Months and months ago Noory on air told Thomas to get with Tommy about setting up a guest shot for Thomas from La Jolla.

of course Noory never followed through along with a hundred other bullshit things he's said he was going to do.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Morgus on August 07, 2020, 01:59:17 AM
Noory mentioned they are concerned about caller Thomas in La Jolla. He hasn't called in for weeks...

Maybe Thomas is finally reading all those guests' books he said he was going to read.

Uncle Duke

Speaking of Thomas, wasn't there a post here somewhere about Thomas calling into another radio talk show under a different name?  Seems like there was even a brief audio clip included.  Anyone remember that?

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 07, 2020, 01:49:08 PM
Speaking of Thomas, wasn't there a post here somewhere about Thomas calling into another radio talk show under a different name?  Seems like there was even a brief audio clip included.  Anyone remember that?

Color me intrigued. Anyways, how's it going over there, Uncle? Seattle is fine. I'm fine she's fine we're all fine how are you?

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 07, 2020, 01:49:08 PM

I remember that post about Thomas. It may have been part of a discussion about whether some of the regulars are actually "paid" callers.

I was surprised by both assertions. I always assume the callers are exactly who they say they are. I also assume they are loyal listeners who don't need to be paid to call in to the show.

Jackstar

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on August 07, 2020, 03:04:32 PM
whether some of the regulars are actually "paid" callers.

I feel a strong case can be made for being not "some" but "all."

Morgus

Noory split early again last night, and they replayed another of his old bits this one was the one where Dr. Morgus made a surprise visit to the studio and Noory punched him in the mouth...

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on August 07, 2020, 03:04:32 PM
I remember that post about Thomas. It may have been part of a discussion about whether some of the regulars are actually "paid" callers.

I was surprised by both assertions. I always assume the callers are exactly who they say they are. I also assume they are loyal listeners who don't need to be paid to call in to the show.
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/belief/articles/radio-daze
This story was then picked up by other sources, as the "news" is these days.

https://gizmodo.com/are-the-people-who-call-radio-shows-actually-paid-actor-5779847
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2011/3/5/952830/-

A perfect world in which one can report, get the clicks or ad revenue, but attribute to other source. So if you get into trouble by fake news....and don't worry the news cycle is short these days so most won't remember anyway.

Also keep in mind original source. Somewhat ironic considering what some claim about media ownership and goals and a Leibowitz reports on it?  To wit:

"In a strange way, this week’s Torah portion anticipates the state of affairs brought about by Premiere On Call. The parasha discusses a priestly vestment known as the hoshen."

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on August 07, 2020, 03:47:43 PM
Noory split early again last night, and they replayed another of his old bits this one was the one where Dr. Morgus made a surprise visit to the studio and Noory punched him in the mouth...
Snorge getting an early start on a three day weekend, after an exhausting week of sleeping behind the microphone.  At least it's Syrett tonight and it almost sounds interesting.

DATE
Friday - August 7 2020
HOST
Richard Syrett
GUESTS
Marc McPherson, Arlen Schumer, Open Lines

Canada is a land full of vast natural beauty and thriving, unspoiled wilderness. Stories of strange phenomena have sprung from Canada's Nahanni National Park, a place known ominously as "The Valley of Headless Men." Filmmaker Marc McPherson, steeped in the secrets of Nahanni, joins Richard Syrett (Twitter) to discuss strange cases of people disappearing only to turn up without their heads. Followed by Arlen Schumer, an award-winning comic book-style illustrator and pop culture expert. He'll trace The Twilight Zone’s roots in surrealism, and its influence on psychedelia, television, film, modern art, and science fiction. Open Lines will be featured in the latter half.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 07, 2020, 06:49:19 PMSnorge getting an early start on a three day weekend, after an exhausting week of sleeping behind the microphone.  At least it's Syrett tonight and it almost sounds interesting.

That is does. Almost. I'll probably give it a listen until I doze off.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jackstar on August 07, 2020, 02:57:12 PM
Color me intrigued. Anyways, how's it going over there, Uncle? Seattle is fine. I'm fine she's fine we're all fine how are you?

I've been better Jack, my best friend died a few days ago.  Other than that, the whole Duke clan is doing OK.  Thanks for asking.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 07, 2020, 08:53:31 PM
I've been better Jack, my best friend died a few days ago. 

I am truly surprised and saddened to hear of your loss Duke; I hope you will feel better soon, and out of respect for your sensitivities, I won't tell you that your friend just told me that, he's fine and wonders why you're crying. Have you become a big pussy or something? Are you some kind of a big pussy or what?

Wait, whoa, wait, whoa--wait wait, whoa whoa; are you telling me, that you've been some kind of a big pussy this entire time? What kind of a duke are you? Prank caller, prank caller, prank caller.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 07, 2020, 08:53:31 PM
Other than that, the whole Duke clan is doing OK.  Thanks for asking.

I think you're a star, champ my best of you and all you those you love. Except for that f**** CEO and that idiot of juden in that stupid comptroller you got going on.

Those people are trash.

AvDaBr

Gordon from Plant City (FL), the student loan forgiveness guy, is rather annoying.

AvDaBr

Quote from: ItsOver on August 07, 2020, 06:49:19 PM
Snorge getting an early start on a three day weekend, after an exhausting week of sleeping behind the microphone.

;D

Jojo

Quote from: Ciardelo on August 04, 2020, 12:43:07 PM
I'm just wondering, how can you tell when you purportedly never listen? Not a dig on you understand, it's just how can you possible tell? Are you a voodoo witch? :)
The year he said there is a minimum threshold for financial happiness a few years ago, I was listening every night all night.  I thought it was a very smart thing he said, wherever he got it from.  It stuck with me.

And now he has contradicted his own belief.  I think he was just being scatter-brained in his verbiage.  He was just trying to say money can't buy happiness.  So, he has lost focus of how important basic needs (money for them) are to happiness.

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on August 07, 2020, 06:49:19 PM
Snorge... full of vast natural beauty and thriving, unspoiled wilderness.,. a place known ominously as "The Valley of Headless Men." ... people disappearing only to turn up without their heads...

I attribute in my mind the lyrical stylings of Dave behind this.  I expect he shot it out as an one off to a secretary-type (maybe Tommee in a blonde pig-tailed wig?)...

Syrett either has no control of the Executive Producing or writes his own copy with a singular wit to draw the existent C2C audience (however minuscule) held in thrall by the pernicious Himself Dave.

Syrett is no Cavett...  I still will not lishun.  That copy promoting Syrett's shoe only lacks mean babies, Turtle Smashery or pordahls for the red right hand of Dave to be completely obvious.

I must get musical about this for Shirley eye am rong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

Apogees.

/self-reported

ediot: mean-babiness emphasis added... clarice, Dave, stop, Dave...

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jojo on August 08, 2020, 03:14:53 AMSo, he has lost focus of how important basic needs (money for them) are to happiness.

All I know is that having money takes the sting out of being poor.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2020, 06:00:14 PM
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/belief/articles/radio-daze
This story was then picked up by other sources, as the "news" is these days.

https://gizmodo.com/are-the-people-who-call-radio-shows-actually-paid-actor-5779847
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2011/3/5/952830/-

A perfect world in which one can report, get the clicks or ad revenue, but attribute to other source. So if you get into trouble by fake news....and don't worry the news cycle is short these days so most won't remember anyway.

Also keep in mind original source. Somewhat ironic considering what some claim about media ownership and goals and a Leibowitz reports on it?  To wit:

"In a strange way, this week’s Torah portion anticipates the state of affairs brought about by Premiere On Call. The parasha discusses a priestly vestment known as the hoshen."

Thanks for the Tablet article, but I still don't believe the regulars are voice actors, or as the Premiere spokesperson put it, "voice talent." For one thing, they never say anything particularly entertaining or shocking, which the article stated is the reason for Premiere On Call.

The regulars mainly just talk about the quirky topics you would expect from people who stay up all night listening to a paranormal radio show (like me). Also, they often comment on something a guest has said, which is not easily scripted in advance.

"Unless you request it, you won’t hear that same voice again for at least two months, ensuring the authenticity of your programming for avid listeners.”

The above quote doesn't seem to describe the regulars, who call in practically every night. Also, they maintain consistent, ongoing narratives throughout multiple phone calls, often referring to things they've mentioned in previous calls.

On the other hand, I could believe some of the random one-off or occasional callers are part of Premiere On Call. Like this one guy who goes by his initials (J.C. maybe?) and goes off on a tirade. That guy definitely doesn't sound real.

Of course, I could be wrong and they're all paid callers.

Regarding this hoshen thing: "It’s a breastplate worn by the high priest, fitted with 12 jewels and looking a bit like a telephone keypad." That sounds like the ancient Egyptian tablet that made all the exhibits come to life in "Night at the Museum"!

Jackstar

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on August 08, 2020, 07:31:51 AM
I still don't believe the regulars are voice actors

The above quote doesn't seem to describe the regulars, who call in practically every night. Also, they maintain consistent, ongoing narratives throughout multiple phone calls, often referring to things they've mentioned in previous calls.

Regarding this hoshen thing: "It’s a breastplate worn by the high priest, fitted with 12 jewels and looking a bit like a telephone keypad." That sounds like the ancient Egyptian tablet that made all the exhibits come to life in "Night at the Museum"!

You can get one of these down at the Lodge gift shop for like fifty bucks. Don't expect any Autons to wake up, Princess.

Uncle Duke

Thanks for the Tablet article, but I still don't believe the regulars are voice actors, or as the Premiere spokesperson put it, "voice talent." For one thing, they never say anything particularly entertaining or shocking, which the article stated is the reason for Premiere On Call.

The regulars mainly just talk about the quirky topics you would expect from people who stay up all night listening to a paranormal radio show (like me). Also, they often comment on something a guest has said, which is not easily scripted in advance.

"Unless you request it, you won’t hear that same voice again for at least two months, ensuring the authenticity of your programming for avid listeners.”

On the other hand, I could believe some of the random one-off or occasional callers are part of Premiere On Call. Like this one guy who goes by his initials (J.C. maybe?) and goes off on a tirade. That guy definitely doesn't sound real.

Of course, I could be wrong and they're all paid callers.

I tend to agree with you, shill callers who simply annoy listeners defeat the purpose.   If any of the regular callers was a shill, I'd think it would be the crotchety octanagarian skeptic "Walt from Pennsylvania.  He consistently confronts guests, and certainly has said some shocking things, including comparing the morals of God to those of Hitler. 

I know IHeart predecessor Jaycor used shill callers, most were on-air talent from stations owned by the company in other markets.  A particularly loathsome caller to a couple shows here in Cincinnati was a morning shock jock in northern California, I heard his show while on business outside of Sacramento. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 08, 2020, 08:03:31 AM
I tend to agree with you, shill callers who simply annoy listeners defeat the purpose.   If any of the regular callers was a shill, I'd think it would be the crotchety octanagarian skeptic "Walt from Pennsylvania.  He consistently confronts guests, and certainly has said some shocking things, including comparing the morals of God to those of Hitler. 

I know IHeart predecessor Jaycor used shill callers, most were on-air talent from stations owned by the company in other markets.  A particularly loathsome caller to a couple shows here in Cincinnati was a morning shock jock in northern California, I heard his show while on business outside of Sacramento.
Ha!  The "Big One" WLW in Cincinnati?  My favorite days of yore were when Cunningham was a young upstart with a nighttime show.  He was a little less political then, a lot funnier, with regulars like Kenny the trucker, who sounded like a redneck Slim Pickens.  Also, Gary Burbank, with his show and antics, plus Bob Trumpy and his sports show.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 08, 2020, 08:03:31 AM
If any of the regular callers was a shill, I'd think

The rare double case of, was and not were and a spook allowed to think.

Quote from: ItsOver on August 08, 2020, 08:50:47 AM
who sounded like a redneck Slim Pickens. 

The even more rare case of the allowable triple reacharound.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on August 08, 2020, 08:50:47 AM
Ha!  The "Big One" WLW in Cincinnati?  My favorite days of yore were when Cunningham was a young upstart with a nighttime show.  He was a little less political then, a lot funnier, with regulars like Kenny the trucker, who sounded like a redneck Slim Pickens.  Also, Gary Burbank, with his show and antics, plus Bob Trumpy and his sports show.

Yes.  My favorite caller was the guy who dubbed himself "The Prince of Labor."  His calls with Cunningham and McConnell were legendary.  I know he was for real, McConnell told me about him at a WLW function back in the 90s.  I was good friends with Andy Furman, was an in-studio and remote broadcast guest with him and Tom Dinkle on a number of occasions.   Dink and Furman are two of the nicest people I've ever met, Trumpy not so much. 

Jackstar

I like that the best posts in the George Noory Compendium thread are all always all about different radio hosts than he.

If you have the means, I highly advise picking it up as part of your company policy.

AZZERAE

THROWBACK TO A SIMPLER TIME

Are those diamond-shaped turds of yours still "company policy"?

Asking in order to tie up a loose end.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Straight up O.G. sage on August 08, 2020, 11:42:18 AM

Grapefruit let the cat out the bag, so to speak.

We're good, regardless of how uncomfortable that makes you.

It's all love. Let it be.

Dateline

Quote from: Jackstar on August 08, 2020, 10:01:13 AM
I like that the best posts in the George Noory Compendium thread are all always all about different radio hosts than he.

If you have the means, I highly advise picking it up as part of your company policy.

Yes, we have been vetted and trained in Bellgab diversity training and receive frequent refresher courses.