• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz on July 14, 2020, 02:37:54 AM
Does that come with the Four Horsey Men of the Apocalypse sauce?

Gots to have the Four Horsey sauce for a suitable ride of devastation.  Good to see you around the neighborhood, Cam.

Uncle Duke

Wouldn't you love, if only once, to have a guest listen to some insane caller's crazed story, then when George asks what he/she makes of the story reply, "George, it sounds like this lady is out of her fucking mind." 

Col John Alexander has come close to doing this, having told callers who launch into a nonsensical oral dissertation chocked full of psuedo scientific terms that what they've just said is drivel and literally has no meaning.  But to have a guest tell a caller he/she is bat shit crazy and needs to be institutionalized would be epic.  The icing on the cake would be George's response.

Juan

Particularly if it’s Bill the AArA, Louise/Cleopatra/Scarlet O’Hara, or Cornelius.

Once again I listened to  Tommy & George awkwardly claiming the tickets to George's September live show are selling soooooo quickly

Even if the September  shindig isn't canceled, it sounds kinda dull, "duzzinit"?

"Izzinit?"

"Ah-HAH!"

"Interesting take."

"Tommy get his number."

"Hey, Corny."

"It's happening everywhere , izzinit?"

"Lauren. Our internet expert."

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 14, 2020, 07:44:23 AM
Wouldn't you love, if only once, to have a guest listen to some insane caller's crazed story, then when George asks what he/she makes of the story reply, "George, it sounds like this lady is out of her fucking mind." 

Col John Alexander has come close to doing this, having told callers who launch into a nonsensical oral dissertation chocked full of psuedo scientific terms that what they've just said is drivel and literally has no meaning.  But to have a guest tell a caller he/she is bat shit crazy and needs to be institutionalized would be epic.  The icing on the cake would be George's response.
That would be funny.

I liked that there was vehement disagreement between callers. One, Amber in Washington, who has been living in her car with her dog for months due to persecutions and paranormal activities who claims she has had the Mark of the Beast and another older caller who said this was impossible and referenced the Bible and various non-Canonical references. Guest sort of hedged his bets and didn't really comment. Both were surprisingly calm though. Amber even seemed perky for someone under constant demonic/paranormal persecution and living in a car, but got the job!

Neil in Alabama says everything is going to be ok. Norry says "Ave Maria is a classic song." Norry just keeps looking up wikipedia or google to talk about "It's A Wonderful Life" and polls about beleef in Angels (which guest mentioned and Norry had mentioned several times already.) I liked when guest said "we talked about that before" when Norry asked him about what he was working on now. Classisch.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on July 14, 2020, 03:29:36 PM
... I liked when guest said "we talked about that before" when Norry asked him about what he was working on now. Classisch.
Heh.  Jorch, bringing his A-game, once again.

Dateline

Did anyone catch this last evening?  Norry admitted to wearing a mask now.  "I do it so that I am protecting other", and under his breath, "I think I look like Zorro."  "Grunt."

I agree with caller Wayne, that the guest did not have a correct grasp of his subject matter. However, it reminded me of something  puzzling.

I have watched the film: How the West Was Won, many times. The last time I watched it, something jumped out at me. Plot: family heads west with two teen-age daughters; wild, adventurous Lilith, and homebody Eve. In extra-biblical texts, Lilith is Adam's first wife. He can never dominant her, and she does not desire children. Both parents are killed in raft accident. Eve refuses to leave the spot where her parents are buried. She marries the first man who paddles down the river, and they commence to carve a farm out of the wilderness. Lilith hops on the first boat to St. Louis. She then takes a covered wagon to California and becomes a dance hall girl. She turns down several marriage proposals, and states she does not want children.

Eve has two sons. One is pastoral, and refuses to leave the farm. The other is a wanderer who joins the Union Army. At the Battle of Shilo (brother killing brother) he decides to go AWOL. He befriends a rebel soldier, but before they abscond, Reb tries to shoot Grant and Sherman. Wandering son kills Reb before he can shoot, holding the dead body and crying: "why did you make me kill you?" Meanwhile, Lilith marries a gambler in CA, but never has children.

This story line is obviously referencing the Adam and Eve story, but why? Either the writer added these details, or someone forced him to. But why on earth add obscure Talmudic references in a film about the wild West, that 99.9 percent of the movie-going public will never even pick up on? Especially back in 1962.

Cornelius is such an embarrassment. I didn't listen to the show but I rolled over in my sleep and unfortunately for me right in time for 'Let's go to our friend Cornelius in Louisiana  ....... Corrrrrrrnelius how are yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew?'  Corny like every other time he gets through during the guest takes calls from listeners portion of the show had to go into a long preamble where he tells the guest about his very important job as a military policeman 40 years ago or whatever. The guest from what I gathered was an expert in vaccines with a refined British accent though since I didn't listen to any previous part of the show I have no idea if he's legit or a conspiracy nutjob, Corny wanted the guest to know that he wasn't on the line with just some normal caller, he told the guest that as a military policeman he was well educated in epidemiology and viruses and such. Noory's not embarrassed in the least by these idiots who are his regular callers.

What's the story with Cornelius - he was in prison and for what?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 14, 2020, 03:29:36 PM
That would be funny.

I liked that there was vehement disagreement between callers. One, Amber in Washington, who has been living in her car with her dog for months due to persecutions and paranormal activities who claims she has had the Mark of the Beast and another older caller who said this was impossible and referenced the Bible and various non-Canonical references. Guest sort of hedged his bets and didn't really comment. Both were surprisingly calm though. Amber even seemed perky for someone under constant demonic/paranormal persecution and living in a car, but got the job!

It was Amber's story that brought to my mind a guest opining the caller was out of her fucking mind.

Morgus

Quote from: Dateline on July 14, 2020, 04:31:58 PM
Did anyone catch this last evening?  Norry admitted to wearing a mask now.  "I do it so that I am protecting other", and under his breath, "I think I look like Zorro."  "Grunt."

But the face masks should cover the nose and mouth, Zorro's mask only covers the eyes...  :o
Noory is only wearing a mask now at stores because its required in California where he is at now, not for altruistic reasons.

Morgus

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on July 14, 2020, 05:33:56 PM
I agree with caller Wayne, that the guest did not have a correct grasp of his subject matter. However, it reminded me of something  puzzling.

I have watched the film: How the West Was Won, many times. The last time I watched it, something jumped out at me. Plot: family heads west with two teen-age daughters; wild, adventurous Lilith, and homebody Eve. In extra-biblical texts, Lilith is Adam's first wife. He can never dominant her, and she does not desire children. Both parents are killed in raft accident. Eve refuses to leave the spot where her parents are buried. She marries the first man who paddles down the river, and they commence to carve a farm out of the wilderness. Lilith hops on the first boat to St. Louis. She then takes a covered wagon to California and becomes a dance hall girl. She turns down several marriage proposals, and states she does not want children.

Eve has two sons. One is pastoral, and refuses to leave the farm. The other is a wanderer who joins the Union Army. At the Battle of Shilo (brother killing brother) he decides to go AWOL. He befriends a rebel soldier, but before they abscond, Reb tries to shoot Grant and Sherman. Wandering son kills Reb before he can shoot, holding the dead body and crying: "why did you make me kill you?" Meanwhile, Lilith marries a gambler in CA, but never has children.

This story line is obviously referencing the Adam and Eve story, but why? Either the writer added these details, or someone forced him to. But why on earth add obscure Talmudic references in a film about the wild West, that 99.9 percent of the movie-going public will never even pick up on? Especially back in 1962.

Very interesting about How the West was Won.
Some caller should have brought this up with Noory and see what his reaction would be...

Morgus

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 14, 2020, 06:00:01 PM
Cornelius is such an embarrassment. I didn't listen to the show but I rolled over in my sleep and unfortunately for me right in time for 'Let's go to our friend Cornelius in Louisiana  ....... Corrrrrrrnelius how are yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew?'  Corny like every other time he gets through during the guest takes calls from listeners portion of the show had to go into a long preamble where he tells the guest about his very important job as a military policeman 40 years ago or whatever. The guest from what I gathered was an expert in vaccines with a refined British accent though since I didn't listen to any previous part of the show I have no idea if he's legit or a conspiracy nutjob, Corny wanted the guest to know that he wasn't on the line with just some normal caller, he told the guest that as a military policeman he was well educated in epidemiology and viruses and such. Noory's not embarrassed in the least by these idiots who are his regular callers.

What's the story with Cornelius - he was in prison and for what?

Corny has told before that while he was a prison guard he was "falsely" accused of threatening the warden and got sentenced to jail for several years.  He keeps trying to get Noory to try to get Trump to pardon him so he won't be a felon.

Quote from: Morgus on July 14, 2020, 08:14:44 PM
Corny has told before that while he was a prison guard he was "falsely" accused of threatening the warden and got sentenced to jail for several years.  He keeps trying to get Noory to try to get Trump to pardon him so he won't be a felon.

i had no idea he was that fucked up. but he is a Coast caller so unless he provided some proof to back up his story i'd assume the story was at least half bullshit.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on March 16, 2017, 12:26:48 AM
According to Wikipedia she had an affair when her children were young.  It only last 2.5 years, but it broke up the children's family, her family.  So much for "pretty, and FUN".

Oh, sure--of course this was her first post here. Uh-huh. Right. Sure.

Jackstar

Quote from: zeebo on March 15, 2017, 01:21:28 AM
Ok so I guess this is sexist but I didn't know there were dude witches.

There are. They're a ratty, nasty sort. Don't mistake them for others. Typically, they're used as decoys for a typical female witch. Or a whore. Typically both. THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER.

Quote from: Morgus on July 14, 2020, 08:12:05 PM
Very interesting about How the West was Won.
Some caller should have brought this up with Noory and see what his reaction would be...

There have been many times in the last few years when I have been tempted to call in, but Tommy was so nasty to me the last time, I won't do it. Since it's an old movie, my guess is that George has seen it.

pate

Quote from: Morgus on July 14, 2020, 08:12:05 PM
...West was Won...

I like to imagine words like "Wrest was Wrung" could be fumbled upon.

What do eye canoe?

-p

ediot: upon proof-reading I sense a haiku...  If only there were a Cyrano to Bergerac my obvious lack of wordsmithery.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 14, 2020, 06:50:36 PM
It was Amber's story that brought to my mind a guest opining the caller was out of her fucking mind.
I assumed that was the call that brought about your thoughts. I laughed out loud at her call and for once Norry let a caller tell her tale and didn't cut her off. I think he had some morbid, or maybe just prurient, interest in perky "Amber" who was living in her car with a dog due to the various paranormal and demonic persecutions.

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 14, 2020, 08:43:52 PM
i had no idea he was that fucked up. but he is a Coast caller so unless he provided some proof to back up his story i'd assume the story was at least half bullshit.
"Corny" was also subject to the now-popular noose treatment. Although I won't say he, like so many others recently, was faking the hate crime. But he claims, in addition to flat tires, that a noose was left at his place of work, as I recall. He, apparently, has sent "boxes" of documents on his case to Tommee and is awaiting Norry to get Trump involved for a pardon. Trump, you see, like Corny, was set up by Mueller- or something along those lines. Who knows? He ran for office (lost) and is, I guess, a public figure. Norry even lets him give his real name out on the air sometimes- which Art never allowed and most radio stations don't allow by callers.

K_Dubb

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on July 14, 2020, 05:33:56 PM

Nice parallels you draw!  Suggesting that the West was, in some ways, a new Eden was probably reason enough for what might be considered the equivalent of a literary conceit, an extended metaphor often with allusions to a classical or ancient source meant to reward the erudite.  There probably isn't any point beyond the pleasure of knowing someone like you would pick up on it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 14, 2020, 09:26:37 PM
"Corny" was also subject to the now-popular noose treatment. Although I won't say he, like so many others recently, was faking the hate crime. But he claims, in addition to flat tires, that a noose was left at his place of work, as I recall. He, apparently, has sent "boxes" of documents on his case to Tommee and is awaiting Norry to get Trump involved for a pardon. Trump, you see, like Corny, was set up by Mueller- or something along those lines. Who knows? He ran for office (lost) and is, I guess, a public figure. Norry even lets him give his real name out on the air sometimes- which Art never allowed and most radio stations don't allow by callers.

Corny ran for marshal in some city in Louisiana.  There were a couple news stories written about him being able to hold office despite being a convicted felon, but not being able to own/carry a gun. 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 14, 2020, 09:58:29 PM
Corny ran for marshal in some city in Louisiana.  There were a couple news stories written about him being able to hold office despite being a convicted felon, but not being able to own/carry a gun.
Knowing LA, a bit, he would likely be the more honest guy and maybe they would allow a Fife rule and at least let him have a piece and a single-bullet, not chambered, for emergencies? I recall when the esteemed and amazingly crooked Edwin Edwards found himself pitted against David Duke the call to action, by the Republicans,  was "vote for the crook, its important." LA is a crazy time when it comes to politics and law. They still LOVE Kingfish Huey Long and have so much corruption and strange style of law related to Continental style in many regards (changing some.)

Has George had on the head of MUFON? I hope so - the guy was busted for soliciting sex from a 13 year old. Would love George to be caught in a scandal, 'pizza' according to these QAnon people is code pedophiles use for 'child' -  George's 'I burned my mouth on 'pizza' *wink* *wink* rolls' story might be more than it seems.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 14, 2020, 09:32:35 PM
Nice parallels you draw!  Suggesting that the West was, in some ways, a new Eden was probably reason enough for what might be considered the equivalent of a literary conceit, an extended metaphor often with allusions to a classical or ancient source meant to reward the erudite.  There probably isn't any point beyond the pleasure of knowing someone like you would pick up on it.
A lot more allusions than the obvious ones in Westerns like The Three Godfathers. But, in general, wasn't much of the West- especially with regard to Mormons and other sects, regarded in Biblical terms? Even the Spanish. Look at the names given. And if you go to places like Zion National Park I wouldn't criticize their naming.

oh nice - why yes George has had this creep on twice in 2019 https://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/harzan-jan-94446/

Jan Harzan

Head of Major UFO Organization Arrested on Child Solicitation Charges

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3azpj9/head-of-major-ufo-organization-arrested-on-child-solicitation-charges

I wonder if George and Tommy have attended some 'pizza' parties with Jan.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 14, 2020, 10:19:54 PM
A lot more allusions than the obvious ones in Westerns like The Three Godfathers. But, in general, wasn't much of the West- especially with regard to Mormons and other sects, regarded in Biblical terms? Even the Spanish. Look at the names given. And if you go to places like Zion National Park I wouldn't criticize their naming.

Oh certainly!  The Bible was popular literature back then, and there was a big appetite for biblical esoterica, both real and invented -- you could argue the Book of Mormon simply filled a void.  Whether Lilith was well-known enough for many people to get the reference in the early 60s is debatable, but she appears as Adam's first wife in C. S. Lewis which probably indicates at least some reception.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 14, 2020, 10:49:31 PM
Oh certainly!  The Bible was popular literature back then, and there was a big appetite for biblical esoterica, both real and invented -- you could argue the Book of Mormon simply filled a void.  Whether Lilith was well-known enough for many people to get the reference in the early 60s is debatable, but she appears as Adam's first wife in C. S. Lewis which probably indicates at least some reception.

It would be a good Norry C2C show regarding Lewis. Some real academic expert and questions from Norry and callers. In some ways, come on, concept of fake news ala Screwtape. I might even txt to Tommee about the Flood and Scablands, which is real cool stuff and  why C2C doesn't cover real stuff like that, and Heyerdahl.

George did cover the pedo from MUFON story in his little newscast, he was on with George Knapp twice. Noory seemed pretty shook about it ending the story 'and that's all I'm going to say about that.'  He said the alleged crime took place in HUN-CHING-TON BEACH