• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Juan

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 05, 2020, 02:20:54 AM
Walt Da Atheist Skeptic just got run off by Jimmy Church.  'Jimmy I like conservative Jews like your Mark Levins and Michael Savages ........'  Jimmy warns him not to go there, Walt continues 'but you got others like George Soros and Tom Steyer who are Marxists and  ........'  Church cut him off and told him he'd heard enough and ol' Walt was gone.
I heard that.  Clearly Jimmy is a commie.

I also enjoyed the last caller - Cindy the Apache Anthropologist  who speaks Arabic. Another AAA.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 05, 2020, 02:24:28 AM
His bullshit fake voice for starters.
Church sounds like a sleaze bag DJ for a strip club.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 05, 2020, 04:54:42 AM
I did mean precocious, often Ian comes off like a precocious child showing off how much he knows about theology or pop culture as if he's trying to impress an imaginary 'adult table' of listeners out there. He no doubt has a low opinion of the regular Coast callers/listeners.

He's good though, he reminds me of several local talk hosts i've heard in my lifetime. His interest in the paranormal isn't very much, could not see them hiring a guy full time to host Coast who wouldn't at least fake a real interest in paranormal and woo like Noory does. Punnett is a skeptic, if he had a guest on who has had a near death experience or UFO abduction experience he will come at it from a psychological and science perspective and that sure won't make Coast listeners happy or interested.
Punnett has his flaws but he's intelligent, educated, and inquistive.  For me, he's at his best when he's interviewing a decent author of something relatively historical.  Something that's no doubt lost on the typical Noory audience.  Sadly, with the current PremRad structure, even if Snorge were to finally stumble off into the sunset, someone like Church would probably be the replacement.   :P

Uncle Duke

This morning while mowing I listened to George's interview with an NDE experiencer who almost died in the crash of his home built vintage a/c.  The guest explained how his engine quit, and how his landing site options were limited.  Good old George asked the guy what it sounded like when the engine quit, then opined, "It must have been very peaceful."  I wonder if he'd ask Capt Sullenberger the same question?

Wish I had thought of that question/comment back during my career as a mishap investigator.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 05, 2020, 08:12:33 AM
This morning while mowing I listened to George's interview with an NDE experiencer who almost died in the crash of his home built vintage a/c.  The guest explained how his engine quit, and how his landing site options were limited.  Good old George asked the guy what it sounded like when the engine quit, then opined, "It must have been very peaceful."  I wonder if he'd ask Capt Sullenberger the same question?

Wish I had thought of that question/comment back during my career as a mishap investigator.

"Tell us about the birds that hit you, Capt. Sully.  Were they mean birds?  By the way, did you know I was in the Navy?"

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 05, 2020, 02:36:46 AM
uh ... Ian is married for decades to an intelligent woman successful in her own media career, think he has 2 sons who are very well educated and working and involved in making the world better, he's continued to work while at the same time continuing his education, earning his PhD late in life and now is a professor at Kansas State. I do think he does have a problem relating to people who have had sad lives and find themselves in their old age with nobody to care about but the host of a radio show that couldn't care less about them.

I find Punnett to be pretentious, pedantic and precocious at times but overall he does a good job on Coast because he is intelligent, he has knowledge, he prepares for the guests and you get a real conversation and interview. You don't get questions like 'Do you think the robot babies could attack us while we're sleeping? JEEZE!'
Is she blonde?  Just curious.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 05, 2020, 02:24:28 AM
His bullshit fake voice for starters.
I'll have to go on You Tube.  I know there is one host whose voice bothers me because it's like it goes a little too low for his natural range.  Maybe he is the one.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 05, 2020, 02:43:17 AM
Get a new cat, there are cats that need a home or they will be euthanized.
By the way, she was a shelter cat.  She'd been transferred over time through 3 shelters.  No one wanted a declawed cat, & I think she was bred with a cat that was part rabbit.  It was very hard protecting her all those years.  When you protect someone that long, it is super difficult to lose them.  None of my other cats needed that kind of protection.  I thought when she passed away, I'd be relieved of so many care giving duties - she was high maintenance.  But that relief was fleeting and the real grief goes on.  I don't know if she's in the grave waiting for Judgment Day or if she is in heaven with her brothers and maybe her original mother.  I don't know if she can see me, or if a new cat would make her jealous.  Soon I'm expected to be living with someone who has a lonely, needy shelter cat already who is about 2.  I suspect I'll be comforting that one.

Jojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-OL4DgYpio&list=PLJ6TuqJm6zByibIR-Z-jvLcDOx1mViGVj&index=95

Here is a cute video from summer of 2015.  It seems very natural, even though it was filmed.  George flirts with a man's foot.  At the end, a passer by says "That's GEORGE NOORY!" and a crew member is surprised at their awe.

expat

Oh good grief, next week contains both Ed Dames and Steve Quayle.

I love Steve Quayle, he's a true artist dedicated to his craft. If anybody can trace the novel corona virus back to the Book of Enoch and the Nephilim it's him.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 05, 2020, 04:19:08 PM
I love Steve Quayle, he's a true artist dedicated to his craft. If anybody can trace the novel corona virus back to the Book of Enoch and the Nephilim it's him.
Heh, heh...good times...

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on July 05, 2020, 04:32:39 PM
Heh, heh...good times...
I wonder if Norry will say something creepy about Steve's daughter. I also suspect Quayle cannot get Corona-Chan because he is constantly exhaling and talking and never inhales, somehow. I look forward to how Corona-Chan, Giants, social riots, and transhumanism intersect. I hope Wendy's, in addition, to doomsday predictors are jumping in on this:   

November 8, 2022: “Total Frosty Blood Moon Eclipse”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiecartereurope/2020/07/04/when-is-the-next-blood-moon-total-lunar-eclipse-in-north-america/

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on July 05, 2020, 04:40:57 PM
I wonder if Norry will say something creepy about Steve's daughter...
This is for you, Jorch.  ;)

Dateline

And to cap off your Independence Day Weekend it is Submerging Artist Sunday with Norry!

George is now in full morbid mode, talking about being buried alive. It's uncanny how animated he becomes, the more macabre the conversation becomes.

How many shows about the Salem Witch Trials has George done in the last 20 years, and he still thinks the victims were burned at the stake?

His pet Walter just provided more titillating details about Lincoln's decomposing corpse, with George lapping up the details... except know-it-all Walt was wrong. Lincoln's body was preserved with plain old embalming fluid, not any of that other exotic stuff Walt mentioned.  The only other regular as odious as Walter, and with an equally obnoxious accent, is Bill in West Hartford. And George, Lincoln did not peer into the casket in his dream. He asked: "Who is dead in the White House?" And the answer was: "The president. He was killed by an assassin."

Jojo

He lied tonight.  He said his dad was his best champion.  That is not true.  No champion gives a family member the silent treatment just for changing his major in college.  No champion is callous to the needs of a child's pet.  Besides, we all know his mom is his best champion, so that proves the lie, too.  Other than calling his dad a champion tonight, George has never said a nice thing about his dad on air in at least 8 years.  But he praises his mom all the time.  He did not go to comfort his family or to pay respect at death time when his dad died suddenly.  But he could afford to.  If his dad had really been his best champion, he would have stayed closer around the time leading up to and after his dad's death.  I don't like lies and dishonest perception management.

albrecht

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on July 05, 2020, 11:55:35 PM
George is now in full morbid mode, talking about being buried alive. It's uncanny how animated he becomes, the more macabre the conversation becomes.

I liked when Norry fumbled telling a story about a man buried alive with a cell phone and dead silence from guest after Norry's punchline. Dead silence. Then Norry forces guest Jeff to say it was a good story. Jeff nervously laughs and says it was good,
I laughed out loud because it was clear to everyone how lame the joke was.

Dateline

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2020, 11:44:35 AM

I liked when Norry fumbled telling a story about a man buried alive with a cell phone and dead silence from guest after Norry's punchline. Dead silence. Then Norry forces guest Jeff to say it was a good story. Jeff nervously laughs and says it was good,

He's practicing his jokes for his live show in Everett, Washington.  You got a rear inside listen to the laughs that await you.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2020, 11:44:35 AM

I listened to that show this afternoon.  I got a chuckle when George took a call from a guy named Gunter, he called him "Gunt."

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 06, 2020, 06:37:44 PM
I listened to that show this afternoon.  I got a chuckle when George took a call from a guy named Gunter, he called him "Gunt."
That was a classic, Norry is always good for laughs while mowing or in this case I was fixing a broken toilet in the guest bathroom.

Okay, what's with George playing Disturbed's Sound of Silence cover on Sunday nights?

I remember going to see Charlie Daniels the summer that The Devil Went Down to Georgia came out. Seems like another lifetime, and another world now. Art used to play that song often.

Jojo

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on July 06, 2020, 08:30:28 PM
Okay, what's with George playing Disturbed's Sound of Silence cover on Sunday nights?
I think he sd Simon and Garfunkel approved of the rendition.  Still macabre though.

ItsOver

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on July 06, 2020, 08:30:28 PM
Jorch is hip.

expat

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on July 07, 2020, 03:19:26 AM
I remember going to see Charlie Daniels the summer that The Devil Went Down to Georgia came out. Seems like another lifetime, and another world now. Art used to play that song often.

I don't usually listen to music on my tinny little pocket radio but I made an exception for that one. <3 it.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 07, 2020, 12:51:34 PM
Albrecht, has Doc Wallet been vindicated?

[tweet]1202702630503366656[/tweet]
Ha. It would appear so! At least if one is a severely burnt victim. Actually eggs are the one thing I agree with Doc Wallet about, although I differ on quantity of eggs eaten daily. I hope Doc Wallet mentions this study the next time the infomercial is on. 35 eggs a day!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1191862/

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on July 07, 2020, 03:47:17 PM
Ha. It would appear so! At least if one is a severely burnt victim. Actually eggs are the one thing I agree with Doc Wallet about, although I differ on quantity of eggs eaten daily. I hope Doc Wallet mentions this study the next time the infomercial is on. 35 eggs a day!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1191862/
"Burn me, baby!"